322720posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Post op Diep unexpected results

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Post op Diep unexpected results

Thank you Saffronseed and glad you are doing well.It's another step on the journey whichever way it takes me, just whatever new normal awaits seems to get further away but I trust my doctors to do the right thing and luckily it wasn't in my lymph nodes.they have told me if chemo not required then I am to start tamoxifen.thanks it's just good to have the support and understanding. Xx
Highlighted

Re: Post op Diep unexpected results

so sorry you are having such a hard time at the moment - its bad enough getting a diagnosis and then having so much bad news really gets you down.   On the plus side you have finished your surgery and it sounds as if your diep is ok now and whilst you may still be sore and be bruised you will soon start getting around again.  I had a 'delayed diep' as I thought it was too much to cope with all in one go - but like you I did get one lot of bad news after another when i was first diagnosed,  - first a lumpectomy, then  no clear margins so had to go back and have a masectomy, then they found it in my lymph nodes so I had to have them all removed - and then had to have chemo and radiotherapy.    It will be a long wait until they get the results but if you need chemo then you need to have it - its not nice but it is doable, and you will get through it I promise.   The postive thing is that the treatment they suggest will give you the best possible chance of getting over this and a full recovery.  I am now 6 years down the line and I remember when I was in that dark tunnel with no light at the end of it - but once you get your latest results and a treatment plan (whatever they think you need) you can then start seeing that light and you will feel so much better. xx

Post op Diep unexpected results

I am now 2 weeks post op masectomy & Diep.Had a tough time as after 7 hour surgery and still in recovery blood supply was lost back into surgery for another 5 hrs and now ok. Kept passing out each time they got me up after 3 days I was ok. After 7 days finally got home but feeling like frankensteins bride!!!! Went back for post op results to be told there was 3rd lump now lookin at the possibility of chemo but awaiting further results such a shock...just about getting to grips with restricted movement new body look and now another curve ball.. Maybe I was being naive but beginning to hate my surgeons office as things always worse than I expect it's going to be a long 2 week wait!!