322458posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lymphovascular Invasion

8 REPLIES 8

Re: Lymphovascular Invasion

Thanks everyone for all the replies. I feel a lot better now and calmness has resumed!
Xx
Community Champion

Hi Sarah, I had the same as you. One node affected with LV invasion which like you I didn't really take on board till a lot later. I panicked when I googled too, but I'm now 6 months post chemo and feel really  well.( I always say that with fingers crossed!) my onc has said I have a good prognosis and I try to focus on that. I tell myself that chemo has dealt with any nasty invaders elsewhere and that tamoxifen will keep anything at bay. Not easy, but I have tried to train myself to focus on the positive! 

Claire xxx

Hi Sarah, I'm glad you got the answers you needed and was going to say chemo after surgery makes perfect sense re lymph nodes so they've taken care of it for you already. I found out from my lovely GP today (who rang me to say she was sorry about my diagnosis) that unless you very specifically tell your team that you want to know absolutely everything they err on the side of only telling you a bit.  X 

Hi Strudel

I had chemo after surgery. I've spoken to the nurse this afternoon and she's put my mind at rest and basically said other factors are more important with regards to my prognosis hence why they didn't mention it/glossed over it.
I feel slightly better now! Next step is wait for Genetics results, but that's a whole different story! X

Hi Sarah. Did you have chemo before or after your op?

Good idea Sarah04 - hopefully they'll be able to put your mind at rest instead of you sitting worrying about it all. I honestly can't think that it's that important if it hasn't been specifically mentioned by anyone before now, but you are definitley doing the right thing.

xxxx

Hi Jo

I know. I wish I hadn't looked now! Seems you take a step forward and then 2 back sometimes. I've left a message for the nurse to call me back and hopefully they can offer some explanation as I can't get it out of my mind now.
Xx

Hi Sarah

It's so horrible finding nasty surprises isn't it? I haven't yet looked at my official pathology report - got myself in a state looking at the diagnosis letter sent to the GP that mentioned margins, size and grade of DCIS and tumour, etc.

I do know that the sites that work out your prognosis and determine need for chemo, etc, like NHS Predict, don't mention vascular invasion and therefore can't think it makes that much difference??

Lymphovascular Invasion

Hi all

I have now finished chemo and will start Tamoxifen next week. I revisited my pathology report yesterday. God knows why! On looking at it, it states there was lymphovascular invasion. I had obviously overlooked this at the meeting to discuss results and it was never mentioned. I have double checked this with my husband and he also agrees it was never talked about. On looking online at this forum and others it appears quite a few people had invasion and were not told and only found out on re-reading pathology report.
Anyway I've now got myself in a bit of a state as I've googled (naughty) it and obviously it's better not to have the invasion! My husband keeps telling me that because the surgeon/Oncologist didn't mention it then they can't be overly concerned, but I don't know what to think.
Any ideas? I did have one sentinel node positive and then full node clearance with the rest negative and the doctors seem to focus on this saying it's positive news.
Sarah xx