cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GLB38. Hi everyone

3 REPLIES 3
SJB

Re: GLB38. Hi everyone

Yes, mine was large too. 5cm invasive ductal carcinoma with infected nodes. Scared the life out of me at first, but it's all gone now.

The chemo shrank it to 28mm by the way. Powerful stuff! Also, although they took all the nodes out on that side, none of them were still cancerous.

Got my fingers crossed for you - hopefully you'll get the same results. x

Dear SJB,

Thank you for your reply. I do mean FEC-T....but in my area they use FEC D for Docetaxol. I am pleased to hear of your fitness and well being since your chemo, op and radiotherapy which is very reassuring and has helped me to feel better already!

I am currently aware of every twinge and pain I feel in my body in the breast and nodes although I have been told this is normal. My Oncologist was pleased with the results the chemo had on my cancer....it was quite large 7cms.

Diets are difficult but you sound a focused type of person. Good luck with your weight loss.

GLB x
SJB

Do you mean FEC-T? Unless you use D for Docetaxol? I had that chemo from December to April, then had a mastectomy and full node clearance in May this year. Then had 3 weeks of radiotherapy which I just finished last week.

If you are at all worried about the operation, I would like to reassure you. Leading up to it, I was anxious, and wondered how poorly I'd feel afterwards, etc. Well, I had to be in hospital for 7.30am on the day. Turned out I was the first op of the day, so after all the pre-op checks, I went down for surgery at 9am. I was later told that the op took about 90 minutes to perform.  I woke up again at about 1pm, and a lovely nurse was sitting watching me in the recovery room. She asked how i felt then offered me a sip of water.

Well, within minutes, I was sitting up and she had ordered me a sandwich and light lunch plus a cup of tea. I felt wonderful!  They soon wheeled me into a short stay surgery recovery ward. I stayed there overnight, and the following morning I was walking round the ward (carrying drains) helping the other ladies with things and chatting to them all. I went home after lunch. Kept drains in for 5 days, then had them removed at home, which was completely painless because the whole area was numb. The following day, I wore a bra and softie and went out into the village and never looked back. I felt so fit and healthy. The op didn't make me feel ill at all.

I didn't dwell on the fact that I had had a breast removed and now have a scar across my chest on the left side - I focussed on the fact that the cancer had been cut out of my body. I am now focussing on losing enough weight so that I can have reconstruction surgery next year, as I am currently obese.

Good luck, but the op really is a doddle. Get that cancer out of your body and then you can look forward to getting back to normality. x

Highlighted

GLB38. Hi everyone

Hello, I am new to this.....wish I had joined several months ago there are so many answered questions where I sat quietly worrying about things. I just finished 8 cycles of fec-d chemo and now I am waiting mx in a couple of weeks time.