Reply to this thread
Highlighted
Community Champion

Re: Fab Feb Rads anyone?

Really pleased to hear that.  You angiosarcoma sufferers really drew the short straw of cancer world. I remember Tat saying it took her 18 months to be correctly diagnosed & that she had letters from doctors saying ' you categorically do not have cancer' when she persisted, feeling things were not right. Look after yourself xx

Bibi , I was devasted when I found out the terrible news via an Angiosarcoma support group we were in . Tat was amazing , and her sense of humour was fantastic .  I can't believe that she has gone , but know that at least her suffering is over . We have lost three amazing women in the last month in our Angiosarcoma group , and it is so hard to come to terms with . 

I am currently still NED at the moment , for which I am eternally grateful , but am never complacent where this hideous disease is concerned and am always still anxious when my 6 monthly chest x-rays come round . As we all say on the AS support group FUAS , FUAS , FUAS !!! 

Hope you are keeping OK . 

Hugs ,

xxxxxx

Community Champion

Ahhhhh what terrible news you kindly bring us Lavender. Hope you are still well m'dear.  Kerrie added so much to my life during rads, whilst undergoing a terrible treatment schedule herself.  The world's lost a wonderful human being. 😢.  Hi Angel & Brave . . and then there were three. Take good care lovelies & FUAS as Kerrie used to say. xx

Thank you Lavenderblue.

I have been thinking about Tat so much over the last few months and a little afraid to access the forum to read the news I wasn't ready to read but today, I finally plucked up the courage to log onto the forum and am shocked and deeply saddened at the news of Tat's passing. I am absolutely going to miss her input. So kind and so funny. However, now she is no longer suffering and rests in eternal peace.

AC

Community Manager

I am so very sad to hear this news.  Tat was a valued member of the Forum family and will be very much missed.  Thank you Lavender for sharing this sad news with us and please pass on the condolences of everyone here at Breast Cancer Care.

Best wishes
Anna
Digital Community Officer

Community Champion

[ Edited ]

Thanks so much for letting us know, Lavender.
I have chatted with her here & she had such irreverent sense of humour. The thread she started in 'chat' on the funny things that can happen with a bc diagnosis was hilarious
https://forum.breastcancercare.org.uk/t5/Chat-and-games/Anything-made-you-smirk-giggle-or-snort-with...
Thoughts & very best wishes to her family & friends at this time.
ann xxx

Have also posted this on the 'Dedications' thread

This is very, very sad news but thank you for letting us know, Lavendar Blue. Tat enriched our lives. I wish her family well. If you can, pass on our very best wishes to them.xx

It is with deepest sadness, that I have to tell you that the wonderful Tat sadly died last month . She was such an inspiration to so many people and will be greatly missed. 

Hope everyone else is keeping well. 

Hugs xxx

Community Champion

Dearest Tat its been a long time since I logged in or even browsed the forum but something made me pop in today.

Sending you all my love and wishes x

[ Edited ]

Tat,

The bravest, brightest, most inspirational woman I have had the pleasure of communicating with on this forum.

Your words of wisdom, advice about parenting teenagers and funny moments will never be forgotten; even your invitation for me to pop in for a chat, if ever I visited my son at Warwick, as you live near to Warwick Uni was so generous and KIND. No-one deserves what you are now facing. It's unimaginable.

Soft and gently rocking hugs for you. 

AC

Community Champion

Dearest Tat You deserve so much better than this. Wishing you & your family much love & strength through this most difficult of times. xxx

Dear Tat,
I am haven't been on the board in a while but had so many emails saying this thread was really active I had to check in. I am so sorry to hear your news. I can only echo what the other ladies have said already. You truly are an inspirational lady who has helped with anything you can on here. My mum had to go to a hospice in the end in Medway Kent. I hope the people at your hospice are as lovely and as helpful as they were towards my mum. There wasn't anything they couldn't do for her. You deserve the best care possible hunny.
I don't know what else to say. Sending hugs and thinking of you all.

Red
Community Champion

Tat

I am a primary lady but I know that the ladies on here have been looking out for you. and the wonderful love that they have for you, you have been a gift to all of us.

I am so sorry to hear about the deterioration in your condition, you are such an inspirational lady and we are all better for having had you in our lives.

Sending you a hug

Helena xxxx

Community Champion

Hello tat
We only met on secondary board briefly when you unfortunately had to join us from primary threads quite quickly but we have all been so worried about you.
Just hoping that you can get pain relief in place and all the support you need to be comfy ...
Sending you loads of hugs from all the secondary ladies xxxxx

Dearest Tat, Thank you for letting us know. It has been a privilege to know you. I will always remember your calm advice with regard to parenting teenagers. I am wishing you and your family the kindest wishes. Fondest regards, Maureen
Community Champion

Oh Tat, so sorry to hear your news. Sending hugs & very best wishes for calm & peaceful times in the weeks ahead. 

ann xxx

Community Champion

Sending you a big hug Tat ,I know we have only spoken a couple of times but didn't want your post to go unnoticed , hoping that the hospice at home people give you a 5 star service and you are able to have some happy, peaceful times over the next few weeks . Jill.

Hi ladies.  Just wanted to bring you up to date on my news.

Since late March my liver has been growing (size of tumours), so it was no surprise to discover June scans show progression in all mets and new ones appearing.  I now look 9 months pregnant and every day brings new challenges getting comfortable, moving around, doing all the jobs and things we all take for granted.  I am on regular pain relief due to the pressure of internal organs on my ribs and back and getting to the point I need top up pain relief for when the tumours get busy.

Onc offered another chemo (gemcitabine/docetaxel), but when I researched the side effects I declined.  I know I have weeks or days left and I dont want to spend any of them at hospital or suffering chemo side effects.  So I am at home awaiting the OT from the hospice to come and assess what equipment we can have to make all of our lives easier.  I slept on the sofa for the first time last night as it was easier to prop myself into a position comfortable enough to sleep and I didn't have to worry about disturbing my husband.

Family and friends are being wonderful, but it's a very strange situation to be in!  I have a faith and I'm not scared of dying, but the bit between now and then scares me - the lack of control, possible loss of dignity, dependence.... let's hope the hospice people are as good as everyone says they are!

I've talked before about my emotions around leaving my children and the rest of my family, so I'm not gong to add to that.  I am concentrating on making sure all the people who are important to me know just that, and that includes you lot!  Sharing the us and downs of rads and life around that time and since with you was a gift.  Thank you Smiley Happy

Love Tat xxxx

Community Champion

AC just reporting back on 2 year on mammo. I wasn't at all anxious this year, until I got near the place, then I could feel my stress levels really rise. It was much less painful too. The dr nearly gave us a heart attack by looking at the results then requesting an ultrasound though. All clear & felt a lot of relief/joy which was completely absent last year. All in all much better. Hi Tat & Brave hope you are enjoying the sun. xx
Community Champion

Brave just saw your post. Sad news indeed x