319163posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Breathlessness with lung mets

12 REPLIES 12

Re: Breathlessness with lung mets

Hi,bev,ask the chemist if you can have one of those plastic cylinders that you can squirt it in then you breath the air out of it( god that's a awful description) I've just asked hubby to google name as he uses inhalers.(It's called a Spacer)
Give it a try,huge hugs,Helen xxxx

Yes Pam anything would help. The pharmacist did show me how to do it but as soon as I started the deep breath in I started retching as soon as it hit the back of my throat. Perhaps I'll try again this morning xxxx

Not trying to be funny but is it worth looking at "you tube"..."how to use an inhaler"...gives a good description of deep breath in, holding your breath for 10 secs (if you are able) etc. May reduce the taste in your mouth.xx

Its just an Easy Breathe one..salbutamol I think. My daughter uses one occasionally mainly in winter and after exercise and she tried it and didnt flinch!! She said it was ok. Perhaps its just me! xxxxxx

Omg!Bev,you poor thing that's awful. God what was in it!?
Just take it easy this weekend ,don't do anything too strenuous until you can get sorted on monday.
Huge hugs coming your way,Helen xxxxxxx

Thanks Helen, Sheila and Pam. Picked up my inhaler. Tried it ...and before I could finish breathing it in I started retching violently to the point of almost being sick! It tasted vile...lol!
Said inhaler is now sitting on sideboard where it's going to stay....can't bring myself to do it again. ?😉😩
Enjoy your weekend xxxx

Hope you have a good weekend....xx

Hi Bev, sometimes anxiety can make you feel breathless. I know when I was first diagnosed I felt a bit breathless but had had no symptoms before. I also had a feeling of pressure on my chest. These symptoms went away after a while and I think they were more related to anxiety. This is nearly 3years ago. I don't get breathless now except I did at times when I was a recent chemo.

Hope it is something easily remedied. Take care love Sheila. Xx

Hi,Bev,so glad your doctor has something in place for you,good on him. Hugs for Monday ,let us know how it hoes.
Huge hugs,Helen xxxx

Gp has rung. Have to go and collect an inhaler now to use over weekend and a form to go for xray on monday morning. xxx

Thanks pam, just rung my bcn Lizzy but her voice mail came on saying she doesnt work fridays so rung the chemo pager and they said its not the Cape but I should be examined by a dr .

So she kindly rung my surgery and rung me back to say my gp is going to ring to speak to me and may ask me to go to the surgery so he can examine me. Hope its nothing to worry about.

Bev xx

Bev might be worth discussing with BCN(Leslie?). I dont think it necessarily indicates anything re the capecitabine working or not.....but could indicate something like a pleural effusion...which could be picked up on a simple XR.........if that was normal could then wait and see with scan?.......She would know if there was any fluid build up on initial scans.xx

Highlighted

Breathlessness with lung mets

Hi ladies...will be starting 3rd cycle of Capecitabine next Wednesday. The cough I'd had before starting it has diminished quite noticeably but I am getting more breathless now. Used to be just when walking up hill and stairs but found it comes on now just when exerting myself like carrying washing, shopping etc.

Is this normal or does it mean the Cape may not be working?
My first scan is on 27th.
Love bev xxx