cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

34 and newly diagnosed

3 REPLIES 3

Re: 34 and newly diagnosed

Thank you both for replying!
I have had my scans and the wait was horrendous! I get my treatment plan on Tuesday so I'm hoping I will feel better once things get started, I feel like I've been in limbo these last 3 weeks waiting for scans, biopsies, and the results!!
It's the fear of the unknown I guess of how I will be when I have my treatment and if it will work!!
Saffronseed- 5 years,, wow that is encouraging,, and I'm glad you are happy and healthy!!
Good luck for your scan results sissy and thanks for replying xx

Hi, I'm 35 and was diagnosed last week with BC in my right breast as well as some spread to lymph nodes as I have one that I can feel is swollen in my armpit which has been tested and is positive. The lump in my breast is 3cm, had initially been under impression it was a fibroadenoma however it's not. I'm aware that I'll have to have chemo and an operation before radiotherapy at the end. Had a scan a couple of days ago which I'm waiting for results of and depending on that they'll decide as to whether I'll have chemo or operation first.

This is such a scary time for us all as its so Unknown. Whilst waiting for my diagnosis I spent the week in bed and unwilling to spend time with anyone, not eating and not sleeping. I've only started venturing back out over the last week or so, but my husband makes sure that I'm not left on my own for too long.

This forum has been invaluable to me over the last few weeks, it's nice to know that there are others who know how we feel. I also felt guilty about not sorting my lump out sooner, but unfortunately we can't go back and can only move forward. Sissy xx
Highlighted

hi sahhs so sorry to hear of your diagnosis. I was the same when I was first diagnosed i didn't want to speak to or see anyone and I just cried and felt really sorry for myself.  There's nothing wrong with feeling this way and by all mean hide away until you feel ready.   Please don't feel 'guilty' for not finding it sooner - the fact you have found it and can start  treatment is the main thing - spread to lymph nodes is common - thats what they are for they catch the cancer and in fact have done their job.   I was diagnosed over 5 years ago - my tumour was 9cm and i had significant spread to my nodes.    I am here and living a healthy happy life and there are many many of us who have been where you are still here.  It is a worrying time and once you get your treatment plan you will feel so much better and so much more in control.  At the moment take one day at a time.  There is a facebook group that has been set up especially for younger women called Younger Breast Cancer Network Uk - here you can also make contact with ladies of your own age who have been diagnosed and have similiar issues to you - it is a private group so you have to request to be added.  This forum too is excellent for support and information and I am sure lots of ladies will come on and give you some postive stories.    Good luck with your treatment xxx

34 and newly diagnosed

Hi
I'm 34 with 2 sons and recently diagnosed with BC ER+ PR + HER2+ with spread to lymph glands.

I'm really scared of what comes next and how we will cope as a family, i go from feeling positive to not wanting to get out if bed! I don't want to see any of my friends and wish I could go back to my life before.
I feel guilty that I didn't find this lump sooner as it has already spread,
I'm just hoping to hear from people who are or have been in a similar situation, and any positive stories would also be massively welcomed!!
Thank you x