Highlighted
Community Champion

Re: Tiny superficial cystic nodule

Hi SebastianL,

sorry I am not a male - however I saw your post and can understand that you may find this worrying. 

And it is always good to sort something out earlier, rather than later.

I am also not a medical person and I hope that my thoughts are appropriate.

If you have no occurance of either breast cancer or ovarian cancer within your parents and grand parents generation - the likelyhood of it being cancerous should be extremely low. If you have not been taking steroids or body building products- again the likelyhood will be very low.

As it is being surgically removed - it would be the time they may perform a pathology examination just to make sure that all is well. It may be an idea to check with the doctor that this is being done. Those results should then give you peace of mind that all is well. 

Hoping all turns out to be just a minor 'blip'

Sue xxx

Re: Tiny superficial cystic nodule

Hi SebastianL, 

I am sorry to hear you are going through this anxious time and I am sure some users will be along soon to show their support. 

In the meantime you can always call our helpline on 0808 800 6000 who will be able to talk to you about the lump you have found and offer a friendly ear. The opening hours are below.

Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm
Late opening Wednesday 9am-7pm
Saturday, 9am-1pm

Thanks, 

Lizzy 

Tiny superficial cystic nodule

I'm a 19 year old male. Skinny build

So..

a couple of montsh ago, I found a lump under my left nipple. It's tender to touch and even causes some pain at times without touching.

I visited the doctor today and had an Ultrasound performed.
Apparently I have something called a "tiny superficial cystic nodule" underneath the nipple. He gave me some anti-inflammatory pills to take for a week. If it has not disappeared, I'll need to get it surgically removed.

I asked him if it could be cancerous, to which he answered "Cysts are normally not cancerous"
So apparently there is a possibility of cancer? This is why I came here 'cause I got worried.
Any of you had the same or something similar and do I have reason to worry?

Thank you very much