Community Champion

Re: Feeling worried

Hi Darren,

I can certainly imagine that. With us ladies they tend to take a biopsy at this stage and when we get those results, as they are tissue samples - we know a little more.

The waiting is always the worse - the mind goes into overdrive with what if's - and it can be quite a scary place. I imagine for a man especially so - as usually - when something is wrong one wants to fix it straight away. And one has the tools or finds the knowledge to do so.

Despite the worry you may have - at this stage - there is nothing that can be done, until you have the results. It may turn out to be something benign - fingers crossed.

Even should this not be the case, you are in a good place and you got there early - treatments today are well past the stages even 10 years ago. The horror images, we have all become used to, are no longer a common reality.

Unfortunately I cannot take the worrying away from you - but you will get through this stage, hopefully very soon - and then you will get a plan of action as how to deal with it.

Hope my comments are at least of a little help.

Sue

Hi sue no they didn't do a biopsy they just gave me a scan and blood test will hopefully hear something very soon as the waiting is worse than not knowing

Thanks for listening
Darren
Community Champion

Hi Darren,

Sorry to have found you here. AS long as you can put up with us women - we are here to help and support.

It may be that some of the process of diagnosis is a little different to the ones used with us ladies.

So did they just do blood tests or was it a biopsy?

It it is a biopsy, you should have your results in about 2 weeks. Those details will then tell you what it is.

We will keep an eye on this thread - so let us know, whether we can do anything to answer your questions and perhaps also when you have had your results.

Keeping my fingers crossed for you!

Sue xx

Hi there I had a ultrasound yesterday and said that there is a 2cm lump under my right nipple they told me not to panic they also did blood tests so just waiting on the results of those to see if it is cancerous or not
Thanks darren
Community Champion

[ Edited ]

Hiyer,

Yes, I didn't reply because I saw it was in the 'men' section and didn't want to invade that space when you wanted to hear from other men. However, as there have been no response I will jump in anyway, as male or female, anxiety and fear over our health is no different. lol It is possible you have now had your mammogram (ultrasound?) or maybe it is very close....ah now, you said next week so it won't have been done yet. 

Has your doctor given to any idea of feelings about the lump he could feel. 

Charys x

Community Manager

Hi Darren

Sorry you havent had a response yet.  You are likely to find more support by posting on a more general board, such as Screening and scans.  There are men using our boards but not too many post on the 'men only' section.

Please do let us know how you get on with your appointment and if you would like to talk to someone we have a fantastic Helpine, 0808 800 6000.

Best wishes
Anna
Digital Community Officer 

Feeling worried

Hi a am Darren I am 37 and just been to the doctors as found a lump behind my nipple my doctor is rushing a mammogram through next week I am panicking and very nervous as breast cancer is in my family

Thanks fo listening
Darren