cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Support group for secondary BC hampshire/Winchester?

Re: Support group for secondary BC hampshire/Winchester?

Hi Judy47 I am in Southampton I can make 28th either in Winchester or Southampton from 12 until 1430 are you free then? x

I’m free 28, 29, 30 any time any location ladies 😀x

If there is anyone free on 28th or 31st who would like to meet up I would be grateful to make contact with someone in a similar situation and just have a chat. Feeling a little isolated and would just be great to hear there is hope talk to someone who understands. Xx
Community Champion

Hi ladies

I was about to post on here with some suggestions of dates and then realised that there’s been plenty of activity since I last read the thread when Judy replied to seza last week.

Unfortunately I can’t do 21st or 28th either Winchester or Portsmouth. I could probably get to either on one of the other days mentioned 29, 30 or 31 but not sure at this stage which ones I would be free on as I’m still popping in on a regular basis to my Mum (my Dad died unexpectedly in October which is why I couldn’t make the last meet up)

If not I am relatively free (give or take days for treatment, visiting Mum and baby sitting my grandson!) so would hopefully be able to meet up in February.

As an update from me I’m still on fulvestrant (and Denosumab) so my treatment is pretty easy in comparison to what I have been on over the past 3-4 years, something I didn’t think I’d ever be able to say again. My latest scan results were all stable although one very small lymph node had grown a millimetre or two. My liver is still NED (no evidence of disease) since my resection last April which is the best news to start the New Year with.

Hipe to catch up with you all soon but it will have to be 29th or later, or February now.

Nicky x

Hi I'm sorry I have not been ignoring you guys!! Just getting through round 2 of chemo. I would love to meet up with anyone who is free for a chat. I can do 28th in Winchester between 12 and 2 and Portsmouth or Winchester on 31st from 11 until 2. Thank you for accepting me into the group. Xx

Hi ladies I hope you are all well. I can do 28th at Portsmouth or Winchester. Really looking forward to a catch up. Welcome Seza I hope you can make it xx

Hello all. I can only do 30th this month, and

Hi lovely ladies
Happy New Year to you all. Welcome Seza, we would be very pleased to meet up with you. I am free 21st & 28th January. Let's see who else is free and decide whether we go for Winchester or Portsmouth this time.
Hope all your treatments are going well.
Helen x

Hello everyone, welcome Seza sorry you’ve found yourself on here but this little meet up group is lovely and hopefully you will find it very helpful too.  We usually meet in Gunwharf at the Spinnaker Tower cafe but I think next time it will be in Winchester. I hope you can make it it would be lovely to meet you. 

Hopefully the other ladies will be along shortly but these are the dates this month I’m free; Monday 21st, bit short notice though I know, then 28th, 29th, 31st January.  

Love to all, look forward to our catch up.

Julia X 

Hi Seza I hope your treatment is going well. The meetings are for everyone. Hopefully the others will pop in here soon and we can arrange a meeting that suits us all. I’m feeling the need for a good chat and cuppa with secondary ladies. Chat soon x

Hi is anyone allowed to these meet ups or is it a private groupool? I am in Southampton area but would love to meet up and chat. Diagnosed SBC October 2018 on 2nd round of chemo now. Big hugs. X

Would love to meet up in Winchester in January. Have scan between Christmas and new year. Moving into my new house at Hayling next week so hectic at moment. Hope you all have a wonderful Christmas and keep well xx
Highlighted
Community Champion

Hi ladies

Sorry I can't meet up next week. We are away for the weekend celebrating our eldest daughters 30th birthday - in Disneyland Paris of all places!  However she wanted it and our grandson who's now 15 months will love it! We're not back until next week and I have a few things to catch up on during the rest of the week, including babysitting, so can't make any other day.  Wishing you all a Happy Christmas and hope treatments are continuing to work well for you and side effects are minimal, especially Helen with the neuropathy SE.

Nicky x

Hi everyone
So sorry but I can't make it 12th Dec now, needed for babysitting duties for my grandchildren.
I wish you all a lovely Christmas and I hope treatments are being kind to you. Hopefully we can have a day in Winchester in January.
Take care, love Helen xx

Hi all

I’m sorry I can’t make 12th. I know everyone is very busy but on the off chance anyone is free I could do 13th or 14th. If not then I’ll see you all in the New Year.  Hope everyone is doing well and treatments running smoothly. 

Love to all 

Julia X 

I could do 12th Dec.

Hi everyone
Christmas is coming and I was wondering if anyone was free Wed 12th Dec for a catchup? I have a busy December and this was the only day free for me! Have been in touch with Nicky and she is unable to make December but would like to meet up in January perhaps in Winchester.
So if you would like to meet at Gunwharf 1.30pm Wed 12th Dec let us know!
I hope that you are all managing treatments and keeping ok.
Love Helen xx

Morning all, looking forward to seeing you this afternoon, it’s another beautiful day on the sunny south coast ☀️. Hope to see you Judy but if not we’ll see you next time. 

Julia 

Good morning ladies, I’m having to go into work this morning and don’t finish till 2pm. If I don’t make it by 2.30 then something has delayed me and I’ll have to miss meeting. I’ll be sad to miss you if this happens but next meeting I may be bringing another secondaries lady with me who is interested 😀xx

Be lovely to see you all on 10th. Jools enjoy your grand puppy! X