61278members
323124posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Support group for secondary BC hampshire/Winchester?

Re: Support group for secondary BC hampshire/Winchester?

Would love to meet up in Winchester in January. Have scan between Christmas and new year. Moving into my new house at Hayling next week so hectic at moment. Hope you all have a wonderful Christmas and keep well xx
Highlighted
Community Champion

Hi ladies

Sorry I can't meet up next week. We are away for the weekend celebrating our eldest daughters 30th birthday - in Disneyland Paris of all places!  However she wanted it and our grandson who's now 15 months will love it! We're not back until next week and I have a few things to catch up on during the rest of the week, including babysitting, so can't make any other day.  Wishing you all a Happy Christmas and hope treatments are continuing to work well for you and side effects are minimal, especially Helen with the neuropathy SE.

Nicky x

Hi everyone
So sorry but I can't make it 12th Dec now, needed for babysitting duties for my grandchildren.
I wish you all a lovely Christmas and I hope treatments are being kind to you. Hopefully we can have a day in Winchester in January.
Take care, love Helen xx

Hi all

I’m sorry I can’t make 12th. I know everyone is very busy but on the off chance anyone is free I could do 13th or 14th. If not then I’ll see you all in the New Year.  Hope everyone is doing well and treatments running smoothly. 

Love to all 

Julia X 

I could do 12th Dec.

Hi everyone
Christmas is coming and I was wondering if anyone was free Wed 12th Dec for a catchup? I have a busy December and this was the only day free for me! Have been in touch with Nicky and she is unable to make December but would like to meet up in January perhaps in Winchester.
So if you would like to meet at Gunwharf 1.30pm Wed 12th Dec let us know!
I hope that you are all managing treatments and keeping ok.
Love Helen xx

Morning all, looking forward to seeing you this afternoon, it’s another beautiful day on the sunny south coast ☀️. Hope to see you Judy but if not we’ll see you next time. 

Julia 

Good morning ladies, I’m having to go into work this morning and don’t finish till 2pm. If I don’t make it by 2.30 then something has delayed me and I’ll have to miss meeting. I’ll be sad to miss you if this happens but next meeting I may be bringing another secondaries lady with me who is interested 😀xx

Be lovely to see you all on 10th. Jools enjoy your grand puppy! X

Excellent, shall we meet on Wed 10th Oct then? 1.30pm Gunwharf. If there are any other ladies out there who would like to join us, please post & we'll let you know the details, everyone is welcome.

Pippin - hope you're ok, haven't heard from you in a while, be lovely to see you.

See you all on the 10th. Take care.
Helen x
Community Champion

Hi ladies

Ive just returned from holiday and have been checking the dates put up by Helen. I should be able to make 10th October but will know a bit nearer the time so I’ll check in on here a bit closer to the day.

Hope everyone is doing well on their treatments and good luck for anyone getting results.

Nicky xx

Hi ladies

hope you are all well. I can make 10th October for a meet up. I can’t do the 3rd as I have giant grand-puppy staying then for a couple of days and I don’t want to leave him in case he eats the house 🏠🐶

love to all x 

3rd would be ideal for me, but could do 10th as well. 

Hope you had a great holiday Helen. I’ve got hospital on 3rd so 10th would suit me. Love to all xx

Hi everyone, hope you're all ok & coping with treatments.
Just returned from holiday this afternoon & realised that I can't make 26th (tomorrow) for a catchup, sorry. How about either Wed 3rd or 10th Oct?
Let's sort something out.
Helen x
Community Champion

Hi ladies

I hope you have all been able to enjoy our long, and sometimes very hot, summer. Sorry to hear you are feeling a bit lonely DC, it is a lonely old world out there for us secondary ladies. As to dates I can’t do 26th as we are away but can do the other dates. If most of you can do 26th please go for that rather than wait for all of us to agree on another date later on?

Good luck to everyone waiting for scan results (Helen and Judy), I’m also having a scan in a weeks time and then getting the results once I get back from holiday, I’m sure they will be available just before we go but I’d rather wait until after!

Nicky x

Hi ladies, your dog looks lovely Carine hope u bring pics to next meeting. 26th would be good for me as have hospital on 5th, hoping to get scan results. I don’t mind where we meet. Hope everyone is keeping well.
Judy x

would love to catch up. been feeling a little lonely recently. Can't do 5th or 12th September as I have doctors on 5th and dog training on 12th (yes we got ourselves a dog).

Hi everyone
Hope you're all coping with your treatments and have been able to enjoy the summer.
I think we must be due a catchup sometime soon so I don't know if anyone has some dates free? Remember that Carine said she wasn't working Wednesdays from September so anyone free Wednesday 5th, 12th, 26th Sep , 3rd, 10th Oct for cuppa and cake?
Take care, Helen xx

Morning ladies

I’m so sorry i can’t make today. I hope you have a lovely afternoon and hopefully I’ll catch up with you next time. Hope you are all doing well and having a lovely summer. 

Love to all

Xx 

Community Champion

Yes, count me in as well, now that I’ve sorted my week out! xx

24th good for me too 😀 I’ll be there at 1.30 x

Hi everyone
Tues 24th is fine for me, 1.30pm Ok?
Hope your treatments are going well.
Helen x
Community Champion

Sorry ladies, is it possible to do 24th instead?  I know I was the one that said 23rd (Monday) but I've now got something on that I need to do for my daughter so can't make that afternoon due to the long drive home.  Hope this gets read and everyone knows which date it is. Maybe we can all confirm? I won't travel all the way down to Portsmouth  if it's a date that a group of us can't make - apologies Judy !!

Nicky x

23 is good for me ladies x
Community Champion

Hi

As most of us have replied with the dates we can do shall we opt for next Monday ,23rd? I realise DC can't make it but we havent yet come up with any dates later in the month or August so hopefully we can find a date for next time that you can make DC. The rest of us seem to be able to make 23rd and it may be slightly quieter if some of the schools are still in term time (although i'm not sure how many as I've looked at the termtime calendar for Hants). In any case I hope the Mums and kids  havent got bored by then so don't all head off to Gunwharf!

If anyone, other than DC, can't make 23rd can they post and we could change it to 24th as everyone seems to be able to make the Tuesday as well (I've only suggested the Monday to get a date fixed)

Have a good rest of the week and hopefully catch up with as many of you who can make it next week.

Nicky xx

Hi ladies. I can do 23, 24 and 26 be great to catch up xx

Hello all, glad to hear everyone’s doing well. Just back from France and it was very hot but we had a pool to cool down it thankfully. We went with the family there were 13 of us and had a fabulous time. 

I can’t do 16th but I can do 23rd, 24th, 25th. Not the 30th as that’s drugs day. I can do 10th but that’s tomorrow and prob way too short notice for everyone. 

Hope everyone is keeping cool look forward next meetup,

love to all

julia X 

sorry, none of those dates work for me - however AFTER Wed 25th I'll have some free time (last day of School). I do believe that MOST Hampshire Schools have 23rd as last day of term, and lots of Schools are letting kids finish on 20th. we're doing a couple of extra days because we started a couple of days late in January. Also I've asked for Wednesdays off from September so if anyone else is free on Wednesdays that's going to be a good day for me.

Community Champion

Hi ladies and thanks Helen for coming up with a list of dates. 

I cant make 16th and it may be a bit close to get everyone who’s interested to reply in time for 10th (although I’m OK for that date) . If it’s neither of those dates could we make it the next week (23rd onwards) as I think the schools won’t have broken up and Gunwharf will be a bit quieter. Having said that I realise that might be a problem for dragoncarrine so we’ll see what everyone else replies with and go for the date that suits the most.

Have a good weekend everyone, enjoy the sun and the football if you’re a fan.

Nicky xx

Hi ladies I can make all of those dates. Be great to see you all again xx

Ok, will throw some dates out - Tuesday 10th, Monday 16th, Monday 23rd, Tuesday 24th, Wednesday 25th, Gunwharf 1.30pm ish.
Be lovely to see you all.
Helen x
Community Champion

Hi ladies

Just back from a holiday in a very hot France which, unlike the UK, didn't seem to want to cool down overnight!  A lovely time away though with a wedding in the middle of it all which made it extra special (although not for a relation, it was a friends' daughter who my eldest went to primary school with and the parents are close friends)

I can make most days so can fit in with anyone else's plans.  I am happy to come down to Portsmouth as long as its not a Friday as the traffic home is too heavy.  It makes sense as you are all down there and at the moment the weather is so much nicer than in the winter when I do it.

Oh, and just had recent cT scan resuts and everything is stable with no soft tissue mets (as they removed the one I had in the liver during my op). Staying on Fulvestrant and denosumab for now.

Nicky xx

ps Anyone else with mets living in Hants/Winchester/Portsmouth area is welcome to join in just watch this page for details about time and place.

Hi everyone
Hope you're all coping with the heat & treatments. So pleased you've had shrinkage Judy & I hope Nicky and Julia enjoyed France, we're off to Paris end of July for Le Tour de France (I am a cycling fanatic!!).
Would love to see you all this month, free Mondays,Tuesdays and Wednesdays in July apart from 17th & 18th, 30th & 31st. Portsmouth is easier for me particularly as I am now on weekly paclitaxel Thursdays due to a sudden multiplying of liver mets ☹ however I am able to get to Winchester with some notice, mindful that Nicky has to drive quite a way for Portsmouth.
Look forward to a date.
Take care, Helen x

Hi all

glad all is going well for everyone. I haven’t been on here much as Ive been to Scotland for a couple of weeks and going to France tomorrow for a week so I won’t be around for a June meetup. But July will be good for me. 

Thats brilliant news Judy so pleased for you. Nicky glad you are doing well after surgery, be interested to hear all about it. 

Hope everyone is getting to enjoy this lovely weather isn’t it gorgeous (sorry if it’s raining when you read this 😉).

I’m happy to make Portsmouth if it’s easier for most, but I don’t mind Winchester either.  

Take care and love to all.

Julia X 

I came on here to ask how everyone is doing. So lovely to know you are recovering well Nicky. Can’t wait to hear how everything went with surgery.

Hope you are ok Carine? Would love to meet up with everyone when it’s convenient. July sounds good as have just sold my house so things a bit busy this month. Hope you are all well. Can’t remember if I said I had shrinkage after just 2 and half cycles yaaay. Love to you all and hope you are all doing well. I’ll meet wherever is easiest xx
Community Champion

Hi

I was also going to update this thread as it’s gone very quiet. I’ve not been around much as I have been recovering from my operation as well as being busy with grandson plus a holiday. I’m not around for the rest of this month, a holiday planned some time ago in France which involves a wedding in the middle of it which we’re looking forward to, so I won’t be able to make any dates in June. However I should have more time in July so happy to meet up some time then. Maybe if a June meeting goes ahead another date can be set for July? I am happy to travel to Portsmouth (it’s a lot easier in the summer months although busier for parking once the school holidays start) or Winchester.

Hope to see you all soon and hope everyone is coping with treatments and SEs.

Nicky x

Been a bit quiet on here this month, Is anyone free for a meeting? 

I could do week beginning 25th - any day

Winchester was mentioned, which is fine for me, what is most convenient for everyone?

Winchester would be great for a meeting xx

Hi ladies I see the meeting was cancelled. I’m still laid up with runs not good! I’ve got my first post chemo scan on 19th May getting anxious already. Hope we can all arrange another meeting very soon Love to all xx

Hi everyone
Sorry you aren't feeling well Judy, hope you pick up very soon.
Thanks for message Julia - I think it would be a good idea to postpone until end of May/beginning of June. The weather is awful today! Perhaps we can get together in Winchester next time when Nicky might be able to join us and won't have to drive so far.
Enjoy your holiday Julia.
Helen xx

Morning all,

just got back in from very soggy dog walk and seen that Carine and Judy not able to come today. Helen ive whatsapped you to see if you still want to go this afternoon as the weather is pretty awful.

Judy I hope you feel better soon. 

Love to all X 

Going to give it a miss this afternoon I'm afraid, don't fancy the ride to Portsmouth in the rain. If it seems to be stopping I may go along but I may just rest at home for a bit.

Sorry ladies I’m unable to make today’s meeting. I’m back on treatment after 2 weeks suspension and feeling awful. Hope you have a lovely time xx

See you Wednesday at Spinnaker Tower cafe, 1.30pm xx

no not got emails. may have written it down wrong? 

I’m ok for spinnaker ladies 1.30 xx Carine did you get the group emails from everyone on our PB friends list. Yours were bouncing back? If not I’ll print it all off for you xx

So is it the Spinnaker Tower Cafe on 2nd May or do people prefer somewhere else?

hello all thanks for your messages sorry I haven't been in touch this site never notifies me when there are any replies. I may possibly be able to come on the 2nd of May but my daughter usually has Wednesday afternoons off nowso i like to pick her up if i can.  I am doing ok thanks the eribulin is not too bad im just very tired also had a quick hospital admission at the beginning of this week had a scan to rule out cord compression. Hope you had a lovely birthday dragoncarine and the others of you ok what with big operations and little babies!!    in terms of next time I will be free after the 2nd of June and Mondays and Fridays are good to meet when I have treatment two out of three weeks it is Tuesday and Thursday I'm at the hospital.  here's to feeling good and more energy xxx

Community Champion

Sorry I can’t join you this time ladies. I’m doing very well with my recovery and saw the surgeon for a follow up appointment yesterday when he said he was very pleased with my pregress. I go back in 2 weeks for a further follow up and hopefully will be driving soon after. It’s a big op, far bigger than I thought so the fact I feel much more like ‘me’ now is good!

Have a fabulous birthday Julia 🍾🎂🎉 and everyone else enjoy you tea and cake when you meet up in May.

Nicky xx