Highlighted
JWD

Re: Recurrence in Chest Wall 1 year after Mastectomy

Hello Rhi. How are you getting on.have you started your chemo yet. If so hope your coping.Jo xxx💖
JWD

Oh no😔 that seems a long time but hopefully time will pass quickly for you. You will get through it💪💪 and I'm sure you will meet others while having treatment and all get through it together. It must be a lot for you to take in though but stay positive🤗 Don't forget the forum on here Going through treatment it might help you.xx
I'm ok thanks had to go back last week had a build up of fluid and had to have It drained. Should start radiotherapy in about 3 weeks.
Take care sending lots of love and hugs Jo xxx

Hiya,
I saw the oncologist today.Will begin chemo in a few weeks.I’m having 8 cycles, each cycle is 3 weeks, so won’t finish chemo until march 😩 How is everything with you? x
JWD

Hello Rhi32
How are you getting on. Have you saw oncologist yet. Take care Jo.xxx
JWD

Hello so sorry you will need chemo😥 I'm gutted for you. Maybe chemo will be the best option for you as the injections they mentioned only shut down your ovaries while you are having them for 2 years and with you being young your oncologist probably thinks you would benefit from chemo. You have come this far and im sure you will get through the chemo.💪💪 Think positive.. that the chemo and radiotherapy treatment will prevent this horrible disease from returning once and for all.theres forums on here about going through treatment go on them and get advice it will help you to know your not alone.. stay strong you will get through this💖💖
I'm doing ok thanks..finally had drain out after 3 weeks. Got dexa scan next week and planning scan for radiotherapy which should start October. Stay strong and take care.Jo xxxx

Hiya, how are you getting on?I saw my consultant yesterday-they have now decided to give me chemo 😢 meeting oncologist on the 6th of september and chemo will start a few weeks after that.I will also have radiotherapy once chemo is finished.Hope you are feeling well xxxx
JWD

Hello. That's great news about the surgery and sounds like you won't need chemo.😊 I've been today and my surgery went well.she said I won't benefit with chemo so I 've got to have radiotherapy and my hormone treatment is anastrazole because I'm post menopause. I had tamaxofin first time round and zoladex monthly injections for 2 years which shut down my ovaries which sounds like what you might be offered. It is all go at the minute but hopefully we are on the right track.I've healed really well although she didn't take my drain out as my output is a bit too much so got to go back next week. I hope your meeting with onc goes well and you sort out best options for you. Take care 💖💖 xx

Hiya, I saw my consultant on wednesday-he is happy with the surgery so next step is to meet with an oncologist to arrange radiotherapy.We also need to sort out changing tamoxifen (it hasn’t worked for me) but because I’m pre-menopause I don’t think there’s many options.Maybe injections to shut down ovaries/hysterectomy-these are things I’ll need to discuss with oncologist before deciding whats best for me.It’s all go 🙈 How are things with you?Hope it’s healing well with you xxxxx
JWD

Hello Rhi how are you getting on? Xx
JWD

Thanks Rhi. Hope you keep doing well. Let me know when you get results.Take Care.Jo xxxx

Sounds like you’re in a similar situation to me.I know I will need radiotherapy but not sure about chemo yet.They said results from op should be back in around 2 weeks so maybe I’ll hear something next week.I hope the 10th comes round quickly for you so you can get that drain out 👍🏻 xxxx
JWD

That's good Rhi glad your healing well. I'm ok thanks just a little uncomfortable with drain in. I've got an appointment 10th Aug they will take it out then. I'm changing the drain every couple of days and ring nurse everyday to let her know how much I'm draining. When I go on the 10th not sure if I will no what treatment I'm having. I know its definitely radio but not sure about chemo.. Hope you carry on healing well.when will you know what treatment you will have? Take care Jo.xx

I’m good thank you, it’s healing well and feels so much better with the stitches out.How are you feeling?Have you still got the drain in? xx
JWD

Hello Rhi. How are getting on hope your coping ok. Jo.xx
JWD

Thank you Rhi. Didn't sleep to well as I'm right next to maternity ward and went through 3 loud labours😱😱 it was lovely to hear the babies cry after though 😊
I'm going home later and they are removing 1 drain and the other will be removed next week when I see my onc.im not too sore and feel ok..glad it's over. Take care hope your ok. Jo.xxx

Glad you are feeling ok and hope drains will be out soon.I'm healing well thank you-stitches out tomorrow. Hope you manage to get some sleep tonight xxx

JWD

Hi ladies had my op this morning was first on list. They are keeping me in overnight. I've got 2 drains but to be honest the 1 drain is empty..So think that will be out soon. I'm a bit sore but it's doable. Take care..Rhi32 hope your healing well.xx
JWD

Hi delly thank you so much.hope everything is going well for you. Take care💖

Hi Rhi32 - Glad to hear scans were clear and all went well with the op. Hope you're comfey and healing well. My fingers are crossed for favorable path results for you - i.e. no chemo required.
JWD - Really pleased bone scans are clear. Hope all goes well with your op on Monday and you're out and home soon after.
Love and speedy healing wishes to you both
Delly xxxxxx
JWD

Thank you.xx💖