cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BC in other breast within a year of 1st diagnosis

89 REPLIES

Re: BC in other breast within a year of 1st diagnosis

Hi girls, I know it’s been months but just wondering how everyone is doing? I’m back at work now and almost back to normal. Next mastectomy is booked for March next year but at least I know what to expect now!

Hope everyone is doing ok, been thinking of you all and wondering how you’re all doing xx
Highlighted

It’s awful isn’t it, if you even cough your mind instantly goes there! As much as I love the relaxed mornings etc, I’m looking forward to getting back to school routine! (I think!). Hope the spots aren’t painful xx

Bliney Unicorn you are going through it! Hoping your getting plenty of rest I’m recovering from 3rd chemo cycle although worrying because I have lots of boils/spots popping in everywhere so obv my mind is veering towards skin mets! Onc looked at previous ones and didn’t seem concerned but I’ll be asking for them to be checked again when I next go
Kids are going back to school so hopefully a routine will be maintained
Love to everyone xxx

Hi ladies,

How is everyone? Sorry for the silence. I had a third recurrence & then all the appointments that go with that. Plus it’s the school holidays. I had a DIEP reconstruction almost 2 weeks ago & starting to feel normal again!

Hope everyone is doing ok xx

Thanks Delly
I’m in my good week so making the most of it! Next chemo is Monday so plan to enjoy the weekend as much as I can! Oncologist has agreed to slightly reduce next week due to how bad the side effects were so I’m
Hoping it’s kinder this time
Have a lovely weekend ladies love Colista 😘

Hi Snoozy
If the skin is moist and "open" where your nail was, it isn't a good idea to use an acrylic. You need it to be healed. Try using Betadine solution ( ask for a small bottle at your chemist), it's one of the best antiseptics you can get. What they use to swab skin down with pre-op. Put a couple of drops on the area, cover with a plaster, making sure it's covered with the lint pad, not the sticky and keep it dry. Replace with fresh if it gets wet or comes off and repeat until it's healed.
Colista - hope your tum stays settled.

Lotsa love girls xxxxxx

Thanks Colista, my last chemo was weeks ago tho I thought I’d escaped. Have got gel varnish on to stop nails breaking and to hide how ugly they look. This one nail has broken really low down but my daughter has suggested fixing it with acrylic but not sure if that’s a good idea. Just when I thought I was getting back to normal too 🙄

Hi snoozysuz

yeah I lost all fingernails and toenails last time. It’s normally the taxol that does it and it’s normally towards end of chemo. I used to put plasters on which made me look like Michael Jackson 😂 but take off in evening so air can get to them. The new nail should be coming through and it doesn’t take to long xx

Hi girls, have any of you lost any fingernails through chemo before. Didn’t lose any last year but tonight one fell off and I don’t know what to do with it. Do I put a plaster on it to protect it, the skin is so soft underneath. Don’t know if that could get full of backteria as it’s moist. I’m so squeamish. Bloody typical my hair starts growing back and my nails fall off!

Hi everyone
I ended up at hospital Thursday as still having toileting issues - positive is there was no infection - Negative I’m just unlucky with the side effects 😆
The weekend though and I’m happy to say I’m
Feeling back to normal so at least I’ll get one good week before the chemo bus hits again!
Taste is shocking but just keeping something in makes me 😃
Have a great weekend everyone love Colista 😘😘

Snoozy - Wow, that's great on your clear results. You could have used a bucket whilst sitting on the loo, but at least you didn't need to! Happy inflating!!
Warcol/Colista - Am not impressed with your OH, that's a really poor show. Shall I send a food parcel? Hope you're feeling better today.
Love to everyone xxxxxx

I don’t know what was worse with chemo, the constipation or the opposite. You take the medication and it just sends you the other way.

Or is it sickness you’re talking about. If the anti sickness tablets they have you aren’t working ask for something else. There are loads they can try you with. I was so lucky as I didn’t suffer from sickness. Good job as I couldn’t get up from sitting on the toilet and the bath is too far away 😂

Seriously though hope you start to feel better soon Colista xx

Good news snoozy! Take it easy going back to work - make sure your not overdoing it x

I thought I was feeling better but alas I’ve not left the toilet today! Just wish I could eat something and it stays inside xx

Hey girls. Lovely to hear from you Delly, hope you are well. How you feeling now Colista?

Unicorngirlmummy how’s it going with you?

I was back seeing surgeon yesterday and he’s happy with the way I’m healing, although drained a lot of liquid from wound and l look a lot more deflated now. Back on 27th Aug to start pumping me up. Surgeon wants to wait a good while before doing the right breast due to rads last year so thinking maybe end of the year. Good news is pathology came back clear so I’m cancer free again and I don’t need rads this time. Can go back to work in a few weeks too, although I’m dreading it, but that’s another story.

Big hugs to everyone xx

Well chemo bus has well and truly hit me! OH is useless so I’ve had to drag myself out of bed just to feed myself! Gonna be a long day :-(
Community Champion

I now have a repeat performance with the ESA health assessment next week .
Community Champion

I had PIP assessment it is totally soul destroying I agree -they make you feel so pathetic don't they and some of the questions are just ridiculous -I was absolutely exhausted afterwards .

Gin, vodka everything you can add to the line lol! First few days I’ve been done but OMG I’ve been hit by a bus today! Also had face to face pip assessment yesterday and how soul destroying! Think the weekend will be a bed weekend x hope everyone else is doing well xx

Awwwww Girls,

I've just popped in to give some loving sympathy and to wish you some strength through your treatments. Sounds bl**dy awful for you's. Shall I ask them to add some voddie to your chemo in line, Warcol? or should I say Colista - Wow, what a gorgeous name!!  

Snoozy - Hope you're all healed from your op now? Yeh, I know what you mean on "enjoying" your hospital stay. Living on my own, I actually thrive on the company whenever I've had to go in. Sad innit! So you're waiting on your implant inflations? I'm sure that'll make you feel a bit better. Hope so.

Unicorngirlmummy - What news on you? How are you doing?? That's all a bit bo**ox on your where your surgery is/was to be. Hope you're okay, as it's a while since you posted here. Lets us know when you're up to it.

Wishing you lots more PIPS and sending loadsa love

Dellywelly xxxxxxx

Aw Warcol it’s a long day isn’t it, my 1st one was 8 hours, I had tax, carbo and Herceptin, get Herceptin jags every 3 weeks now till Jan so still not free of trips to the chemo ward, luckily I’ve made a few friends on the way so it’s nice to catch up.

I got my letter from PIP today, I got the standard rate but didn’t get mobility. Apparently I’m capable of walking 50m! I’m not even going to argue, but looking at the points I got I just made it. Pity my interview wasn’t just after surgery instead of the week before.

Hope your side effects aren’t too rough but rough enough for PIP!xx