cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

newly diagnosed

2 REPLIES 2

Re: newly diagnosed

I was diagnosed a year ago - straight to stage four with mets in the bones. I’m on Pacibiblib and Letrosole and so far so good. I agree about feeling well. It’s so odd to be so ill and feel well! I exercise a lot and try to eat well. I’ve also given up alcohol. I said to my oncologist on Monday that it is strange to feel so well. She said that’s the aim of newer treatments. I agree with you and try to enjoy it. Not a bad maxim in life!

Re: newly diagnosed

hi I am in similar situation secondaries in lungs and pelvis and base of spine13 years after initial breast cancer. Initially was told it wasnt secondaries but 5 months later was found to be after mammogram. Been on letrozole and palbociclib for over a year which scans show things stable. You are right the forum shows people living so much longer with secondaries. Keep well and strong Liz

Highlighted

newly diagnosed

hi to you all

i had and beat breast cancer 17 years ago after chemo and masectomy, so you can imagine my shock and disbelief at being told i had metastatic cancer in my lung and bones all this time later. i had a rough two weeks when they misdiagnosed me with pneumonia but since i have started my treatment things have settled down apart from severe tiredness. i am on ribicuclub and letrovose everyday and find it hard to believe that i can feel relatively well while being so ill. i think the best thing this forum has given me is hope. when i see people who are 5 years in and longer i am beginning to believe i am not going anywhere just yet am and definitely going to make the best of the time i have left.