Re: Triple negative secondaries/ recurrences

Hi all had 6 cycles of gemcarbo had scan after 4th cycle was clear no spread but onc as gave me 2 more cycles just had another ct scan node seconderys x

Hi ladies, I had TNBC in my left breast in 2013, I’m now stage 4 with spread to my chest bones. Today I’ve been told that I now have TNBC to my right breast. Has anyone else on here had TNBC while dealing with cancer elsewhere in their body. Thank you 😊 xx

Ct scan was clear but carnt understand why been offered 2 more cycles off cemo 

Community Champion

Millie30, This is such a cruel disease! There is no rhyme or reason to it! Your partner was very young! I'm sorry this was the journey she had! Thankfully you got to speak to her. Take care of you and come back to chat if you feel the need. Hugs! FF

Millie30, I’m very sorry to read this and send my condolences to you, your family and friends. I’m glad to read that you got some more time to talk together and hopefully this will be of comfort to you as I’m sure it was to her. Thank you for letting us know and take care, Kate x

Community Champion

So sorry to hear your news Millie30 & so good to hear you could talk some more & you were there, it must have been such a comfort to her. 

Sending you, family & friends every best wishes to see you through this.

ann xxx

My wife passed away on the 17th just before midnight, i was glad she came around so i could talk with her more but its never enough time. I spent 2 weeks living in the hospital and was there when she passed. I know people are in worse situations but this is such a stupid disease and she was only 45Smiley Sad

Sorry to read this, Millie30.  I can see that you posted a couple of days ago. How are things now ? You sound very supportive and just being there helps at this difficult time.

Sorry to be nearer of bad news, im almost certain im millie29s partner but never knew she wrote here. Millie is the dog next door she loves and the dates and procedures match what shes been through. I cant confirm as shes lying next to me in a hospice barely able to say two words.

She had a seizure last tues suddenly and has not recovered, many milder seizures since, it will only be a matter of days and ive gone through help already. She stopped eating and then drinking then closed her eyes and i was pleading for her to wake up, miraculously she has come round today very thirsty (ad they stopped the Iv drip) and i have her water she even ate some pie. Its heart breaking as when she stopped eating I begged her to eat and kept ordering food.

Whole process has been a mixed bag of great and bad treatment, im glad she has opened her eyes even if it is only for today briefly. I'm staying sleeping at her side and actually dreamt last night of walking her out of hospital but woke up still in this hell. Ive had a Chaplin in which gives you a sense of my separation right now.

Hi all just got a clear ct scan but been offered 2more cycles of gemcarbo is this a insurance thing and I have no big problems on this cemo 

Just got results from ct all ok and responded to treatment one more cycle to go

Thanks for understanding Tatyana. Sounds like you’ve walked in my shoes before me. Mother says she can cope but is constantly on phone (or at least feels like) asking me to do something or other. If I felt well enough I would do it, but I’m not up to it at the mo. No other avenues for help. Just hoping to get some treatment started soon, and hopefully feel better ! X

Millie, it's no wonder the anxiety is getting to you, what with your family worries on top of your illness. Is there anyone else who can help your mum? I spent many months trying to get some sort of care organized for my parents, who insisted they didn't need help, but it was one crisis after another. When they eventually moved into a care home it was such a relief, because now I know there's always someone to take care of them in an emergency if I can't do it myself because of this wretched disease. I do hope you can get some help.

Do tell your medical team exactly where you are with the cough. They have quite a few options for helping with coughs and breathlessness, so don't try to grin and bear it! Hang on in there. It sounds like you've got a lovely partner who is very concerned about you, so I'm sending him a hug too!

Thanks Tatyana for your quick reply. I was feeling ok about it up until a week or so ago, but because I can’t sleep for coughing and was experiencing really bad headaches, I think my anxiety is hyped up. My father’s got dementia and my mother relies on me to help but I’m just not feeling up to it. Hopefully I’ll get some treatment soon which will help me feel better. My partner is also really anxious. The cough is getting worse and he’s wondering what if I can’t get any breath.

Millie, so sorry to hear this. I have lymph nodes in the middle of the chest and a couple of bits in the lungs, so maybe a bit similar to you. My secondaries were diagnosed back in January but I'm still here! I've been on two different types of chemo at different times, you'll probably have a similar pathway, it all depends on the type of tumour etc, but generally they'll try one thing, see how you get on, and if it doesn't work for you they'll switch to something else.
It varies hugely from one person to the next, but you will find people on here who've been living with secondaries for years... and with a good quality of life.
It is a very scary time and my heart goes out to you. But trust me, it does get better once you have a treatment plan and know where you are. Somehow the brain and the emotions find a way of adapting, and life goes on.
Sending love and hugs. And please let us know how it goes.xx

Hi all, first time posting. Recently diagnosed with a recurrence which is being tested. Original diagnosis was Dec 16. Started chemo Jan 17 but after 4 cycles the tumour has grown. Had mastectomy and lymph node removal in April 17. Restarted chemo May 17 to September 16. Radiotherapy in October 17. Recurrence is in the lymph nodes around my windpipe and a couple of spots in lung on same side. Have had a terrible cough for months, difficultly on times in catching breath. Had endoscopy and tissue extraction on Wednesday. Waiting to hear treatment plan. In the meantime feeling terrible.

Fingers crossed for you my love it's a scary time ain't it but treatment so much better than years ago took part in a target triel think it's just a data base if I need them type of thing I think x

It sounds good, Pinkaboo. I'm so pleased for you!

I did speak to the breast care nurses on ere and she said same they would change cemo if it's not working and have ne in don't see my doc till 20th