Re: SCANXIETY!!

Great news Marirose xxxx 

Community Champion

Thankyou for your well wishes you must have helped me. Everthing stable and it looks as though the bone mets are healing Yipee. So well done Capecitabine

Good luck to others waiting results xxx

Hi Marirose, I really, really hope everything goes well for you tomorrow. I'll be thinking about you. xxx

Good luck Marirose, will be thinking about you 

Hugs Janette xxxx 

Keeping my fingers crossed for you xxx

Community Champion

Hi

Scan result day tomorrow to see if capecitabine is working got a feeling it isn't.

Good luck to anyone having results this week X

Community Champion

Hi everyone 

thought I would bring back this thread so many have had scans and waiting results .or are having them it is hard to keep up with you all.

So I am bumping up for Jultz

Congratulations Jultz you must be so excited with your results xxx 

Community Champion

Hi Tomboy
Nicky got me to question my onc about receptors and mine changed 3 times I now know hormone treatments are no good anymore. Best Wishes and Happy New Year to you all xxx

Hi Tomboy,

I can echo what Nicky has said - my oncologist does research (Guy's, Queen Mary's and QEH), says 'cancers change'.

Best,

Julia x    

Community Champion

Hi tomboy

If you have the energy and the determination you should pester your oncologist! My oncologist nearly fell off his chair when my results came back HER2+ he was not expecting it and my BC still acts as if it is HER2- meaning that is not a high grade and not super aggressive which is what really scared me when I knew it had changed. I'm also 8/8 ER and 6/8 PR so it doesn't mean you can't be HER2+ as well, which some oncologists also think. It really is a faff to have to keep on at your medical team but when I went for a second opinion at The Marsden the head Prof there (for secondary BC) said all secondary BC should be biopsied as receptors are known to change.

Nicky x

Hi everyone. Thanks for taking the time to reply to me. I've had a really "down in the dumps" day today. I guess I naively thought I'd get years out of anastrazole. Instead I've burnt through this and tamoxifen within a year. I didn't expect to be ticking off the treatments so quickly. Really scared for the future as I'm entirely asymptomatic and feeling really well right now. As for HER2 status I've been banging this drum with my onc for months! The hospital where I had the liver resection done analysed my tissue and the results came back "inconclusive" My own hospital did their own test but it seems to have got lost within the computer system (argh!) They don't seem to be in a hurry to chase this up as they're convinced I'll still be HER2 negative. However I'll keep persisting! It would certainly explain why the hormonals aren't working despite being 6/8 ER+ and 3/8 PR+!
Community Champion

Hi tomboy

Sorry to hear about your recent scan results and the effect this will now have on what you had hoped to be doing job wise.

Just a thought - have you had a liver biopsy done recently (or at all)? Receptor status can change in a higher percentage of women than a lot of oncologist's give credit for, especially from HER2- to HER2+, as mine did. Although I am still strongly hormone positive it does mean that this type of treatment ie hormone  will not be as successful for me on its own and I am now  also having Herceptin (and Pertuzamab) which I have not had before. 

Sending you a hug as its not the news you would have wanted to hear when you got your results.

Nicky x

Community Champion

Should have said Tomboy x
Community Champion

Sorry your results were not what you hoped for just like me but we still have to stay positive there are so many treatments to try.
Wishing you lots of luck for the new year xxx

Very sorry to read your news.Response to treatments seems so random sometimes. But this means that it can be unexpectedly good too - I hope the next one works really well for you.

Tournesol x

Tomboy, so sorry you didnt get the news you'd hoped for. Try to take comfort in that there are treatment options out there for you..one will come good, i'm sure. Love and hugs.x

Community Champion

Hi Tomboy, grrrrrr, I know this s not what you wanted to hear, but take a deep breath , get some sleep tonight and know that a plan is in place. Hugs Marie xxxx

Oh Tomboy81 I'm sorry love, not the news we wanted to hear. Stay strong sending you huge hugs 

Janette xxxxxxx 

Highlighted

*waves to Janette* Thanks for your kind words xxx

Hi all. Not good news. After enduring a liver resection back in September to remove a solitary liver met I now have 2 liver mets. I also have 2 new bone mets to add to my existing 3. After non-effective tamoxifen it seems anastrazole is also doing nothing! Onc wants to keep cape in the back pocket for now and try me on the e/e combo (especially before the NICE review in April!) Job abroad is definitely off the cards for now. One word- gutted.