Highlighted
Community Champion

Re: SCANXIETY!!

Hooray Linda 😊 A huge sigh of relief for you and a few more weeks of not having to worry about scan results and not many cycles left for Taxol. A great result and thanks for sharing.

Nicky xx

Hi everyone

Just thought I would share some good news. Got CT scans. Liver tumour disappeared and bone is showing improvements. I have just had no. 9 out of 12 weekly taxol.

Linda

Thank you for your kind words and your suggestions. I really appreciate it.

funnyface, I have an appointment for a PET on Sept 5, so I think that will tell me and my doctors more.  My doctor and I discussed getting a biopsy after the PET.  Because of the lesion's location, the only way to get a biopsy would be a lung resection, meaning that it is a major operation and they would remove a segment of my lung.  

Thank you for your insight.  I really appreciate it.  Now I just have to try to keep positive and not fall apart.

Community Champion

Citrinetiff, I would want to start with the lung. I would want the lesion biopsies. This would tell you if it's breast cancer mets, lung cancer or nothing at all. From this it could be decided if the liver needs biopsied. FF

Hi Citrinetiff

I'm sorry you find yourself in this position not knowing what's coming next. It's devastating. I don't have answers to your questions and there may not be anyone here who does but you could contact the nurses at BCC. You can email them at 
https://www.breastcancercare.org.uk/information-support/support-you/email-our-nurses or phone them at 
0808 800 6000  I hope they can point you towards some information. It will be good to talk anyway.

Sending you lots of hugs

Bon xx

Hello,

I am hoping someone can help me.  I was dx'd with IDC stage 1 Grade 3 in October 2015. I finished my treatments (ACT + radiation) in September of 2016. I had one lesion on my right lung that could not be ruled out for mets, but it has remained stable since my first scan (January 2016).  Mets have not been confirmed so I go for scans every 6 months to check its progress. I recently did my routine scans and this is what was revealed: new lesion on liver + radioligist thinking that  lesion in lung is not likely to be mets but perhaps an adenosarcoma (lung cancer). I will be doing a PET scan in the coming weeks to rule out lung cancer + do a follow up scan on liver to see if lesion has changed (I did an ultrasound but the lesion is too small and too far back to see).

My questions are: is it possible to have both lung cancer and breast cancer mets in liver at the same time?  I am a wreck.  Has anyone experienced something like this?  Help please!

Afternoon ladies

Quick update from me. Just had my 3 months VT scan. Probably not get results for about 5 weeks.

Hope cap is still working as I am now finding it OK once dose was reduced after 3.

Hope everyone is well.

Linda

Hi Carolyn

Just wondering whether you have your scan results yet?

Hope pain you are suffering turns out to be nothing to worry about.

Linda

Great news, πŸ‘πŸ»
Janette xx

Fab news, so pleased for you xx

Great news and a wonderful start to the new year for you! 

Evening

Just to let you all know had scan results today all stable bone and liver mets go back in 2 months time.

Pleased that is now out of the way and I can forget about scans for a few months.

Linda

Afternoon Kirky

Sorry you having to wait along for scan results. Like
You I am having to wait 5 weeks. I dont tend to think about the results until the night before. We can"t change the results so for me no point in worrying. I have been living with cancer for so long now. In the early days I definatly worried more.

Happy New year to you and your family.

Linda
Community Champion

Oh Kirky

That's a long wait for results too but I suppose Xmas holds things up a bit.

We just have to pull on our big girl pants and try to focus on other things !!
Xxxx

My GP won't allow medical records on the app (patient access) just appointments and prescriptions, bah. Had scan on 20th and not seeing ONC till 17th Jan. Cue sleepless nights.

Community Champion

Hello windflower

I haven't tried registering yet either ..no doubt it isn't that straightforward !!
Maybe ..I will just rely on info given as and when !
Hugs xx

I have just looked at my post and see that there is an "emotional warning" at the bottom!  I don't know why.  Perhaps I pressed the wrong button or something.  

Windflower

I don't know if this is the right thread for this topic, but others have mentioned that they have registered to get their medical records on line, on this thread. (perhaps it should be a different topic?)  I too registered just before Christmas and I have tried to access my records a few times since (the last time this morning).  All I got was a list of my most recent prescriptions and nothing else.  This is very frustrating as I want to know about myself, not what I already know.  I am waiting for the holiday period to end and then I will contact the surgery.  I know they can veto information, but I would think they would have to see you first and assess whether you are capable of accepting what is written.  The only time I go to the surgery is every 12 weeks for a pre-treatment blood test, when I see a health-care assistant.  I haven't seen a doctor there for a year.  I think it is probably a problem with the site, but it is a pain to have to bother them with this.

Sorry for the rant.  Compared to some of you I am in a relatively good state at the moment.

I wish all of you hope for the new year.

Windflower

Warning! Emotional content

Evening Carolyn

It was shocking you had to wait 5 weeks considering they had them in 2 weeks. I wonder whether all hospitals are like ours when we have to wait so long.

I remember awhile when at GP surgery they give me a password so I could go on line that must a couple of years ago now. Hubby did register but when we looked only had what happened when he went that day. Might be better now I am definitely going to try. At the end of the day why should we be kept in the dark as to what is happening to us.

Happy New year to you and the family.

Linda