cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pain in liver or ribs

7 REPLIES 7

Re: Pain in liver or ribs

Hi Shelley 

Pleased you seem to have got to the bottom of what is causing your pain. 

Scary to think there could be that much fluid in one place. 

I know last year when cape failed they mentioned fluid in my abdomen. After 10 taxol it disappeared. At last scan in June it had not returned. When you start taxol the same may happen to you fingers crossed.  

Just wondering have you googled ascities ? It mentions they can fit a drain in. 

Linda 

Highlighted

Hi Linda,

Doc came out yesterday he thinks it's either an infection or because of the ascites, it's squashed everything up including the lungs, so he gave me antibiotics and told me to do deep breathing exercises. Pain is a lot better today, but think the ascites is coming back already. Had it drained last week and they took 10 litres out, couldn't believe it. I'd lost a stone in weight lol.

Thank you very much for asking about me. How are you? Hope alls well with you and good luck.

lots of love Shelly.xxx

Hi Shelley 

Just wondering if you managed to find out what your pain is also have they given you treatment for it. 

Nothing more draining as constant pain. xx

Hi Linda, thanks for replying.

I haven't started paclitaxel yet, start it on the 23rd.

Think I may know what it is, I've been googling lol.

Think it's a dislodged rib, all the symptoms are the same.

Hurts when I breath in and when I move, makes a popping or crackling noise, and you can feel it popping when you put your hand on it. It's really painful.

If it's still the same in the morning I'm going to ring Macmillan nurse, they are really good, they'll advise me what's best to do. 

Anyway you take care and thank you for your concern. Lots of love Shelly.xxx

Hi Shelley 

Sorry you are in such terrible pain. I am no doctor but it sounds more bone related with you mentioning it cracking. 

Have you started pacitaxil yet?

I know when I was on it I was more aware of bone pain and general aches and pains for a couple of days after the treatment.  

Hope you get it sorted. 

Linda 

Hi Walsh, thanks for replying.

its getting worse as well. I am going to wait till Monday and either phone Macmillan nurses or go to docs.

Thank you so much for your concern, love Shelly.xx

Don’t  have any idea what this could be.But you should not be worrying like this,is there no way you can ask for help,maybe hospital.xxx

Pain in liver or ribs

Hi ladies, I have had a pain in either my ribs or liver for 2 days.

It hurts when I breath in or move and it makes a crackling or popping sound and you can feel it when you put your hand on it. It's really painful.

just wondered if anyone had any ideas what it could be, thanks.