Re: Not coping. Help needed

Yes let’s just enjoy and live in the moment at Christmas and the New Year!! Wishing everyone lots of effective treatments and great results.

Think positive thoughts, try to help as many others as we can and enjoy time with family and friends!! God bless all of us.
Community Champion

Ruth, Best wishes! Happy to see you posting! You made my day! Enjoy the holidays! FF

Community Champion

Enjoy your time with your family Ruth. It’s a tough time but I’m sure they will all help you on your road to recovery from the after effects of wbr. 

Nicky x

Just wanted to wish you all a happy Christmas.  Lets all try and forget about this rotten disease over Christmas.  I wanted to thank you all for your words of wisdom over the past few weeks.  I am still suffering with the after effects of the wbr.  I have scans at the end of January to see if the wbr and the Eribulin are working, but I can't even think about going there at the moment.

Melinda, your experience of wbr has given me real hope.

Love and hope to you all.  Let's hope next year brings some breakthroughs in treatments.  Will post more after Christmas.

love Ruth x

Hi Nanofthree, how are you feeling today ?  I had WBR at the start of the year.  Felt weak and wobbly for a few weeks and very numb inside regarding feelings. This I found was the worst part afterwards, I just couldn’t get back into my life, almost like I had shutdown.  Thankfully I woke up one morning and felt a whole lot better, I returned to work and as a family we are having lots of trips away and enjoying fun things.  I am scared but I try to keep my mind active and not let it bring me down.  Xxx

[ Edited ]

Hi Nanofthree, afraid I don’t personally but remember someone posting they’d had it and were doing very well, did you see that post? Isn’t it early days at the moment for you? Try to stay positive as I believe it helps, so many of us are thinking about you, sending you a big hug, much love Kate x

I’ve just looked back through the thread and Melinda posted about her experience on 4th November x

Thank you for thinking of me everyone.  I am doing ok but get so scared.  I do hope I have done the right thing by having the wbr.  The after effects are quite hard and they say these could carry on for a few weeks but I am feeling less wobbly now.  I had my second Eribulin a couple of days ago, which left me very tired but am fine today.  Please does anyone know of anybody who has gone through this and come out the other side with a bit of life left.  I am so scared at the moment.  I dont want to give up yet. Xx

Hi Nanofthree, it’s really good to see you posting on the forum again, I had, like many others, been thinking about you. I see you have a festive birthday like me. I hope everything settles down for you and you have a happy Christmas and enjoy your birthday. Kate xx

Community Champion

Hi nanofthree

How lovely to hear from you.  I do hope you cope with the after effecs of WBR, I know from meeting ladies who had this a few years back how it can affect you more after it has taken place than whilst you are having treatment.  I do wish you and your family a very happy christmas and hope you can enjoy all your times together including your big birthday.

Sending hugs

Nicky xx

Community Champion

Nanofthree, Those are some big milestones. You must look forward to enjoying them!! Fifty years is awesome! FF

Community Champion

Hello nan of three
Wow 70 that's a big landmark birthday ..I'm 66 and it's hard to cope with the treatments so easily.
Since the cape has been reduced I don't feel so well. .not until my platelettes recover I'm on a low dose. .I would have preferred the earlier dose as I felt really well for the first 5 cycles but I must follow what the oncologist says.

Thank you Carolyn.  I wondered how you are getting on.  Is the Capecitabine still working its magic for you?  I kind of withdrew from everything when I started the wbr but now I am determined not to let it ruin my life.  I dont know what is round the next corner, I guess none of us do.  I am 70 on new years eve of all days, then my golden wedding on 29 March.  I need to aim for these.  Just short steps!  Take care and I really hope you, and indeed all you lovely ladies, are ok. Xx

Community Champion

Nanofthree, You are very brave! Sounds like you are doing well after it. I'm sorry life has changed. I think the changes we go through with this are scary. Things we never thought we would have to do so early in life! Keep in touch if you can. FF

Community Champion

Hello nan of three ..it's so good to hear from you and that you made the decision to have the wbr ..very brave but it can be very successful for a lot of ladies. Hoping you make a good recovery to enjoy Xmas. ..but please keep in touch. .don't do the silent thing as we worry about you.
Sending special hugs ❤❤❤❤❤

Hello everyone.  Sorry to have been away from the forum for a while.  You are right, Carolyn, I did go for the wbr in the end.  Five treatments, finished 12 days ago.  After I thought about it very carefully I dont think I had a choice.  It wasnt as bad as I thought it would be, though the side effects will get worse before they get better apparently.  Main problem is feeling wobbly especially in the morning, but not sure if it is the steroids causing this.  They have now been reduced and that horrid puffy look is going!

i have just had my first treatment of Eribulin.  So far so good apart from the normal fatigue.

My hair is starting to fall out now.  Not sure if it will all go but I suspect it will.

So I dont really know where I stand and dont want to, to be honest with you.  I have read some dreadful and frightening things and also things that give me hope.  I suspect I will continue to bury my head in the sand!

Anyway, would love to know how everone is getting on.  Love to all xx

ps.  Unfortunately I am no longer able to drive and cant be left alone in case I have another seizure, so life is very different now. Xx

Community Champion

Nanofthree, Carolyn is right.We are here for you! Hugs! FF

Community Champion

Nan of three
You have gone quiet on us ..how are you doing? What decisions did you make ? Somehow I think you have had the wbr and resting .
We are all holding your hands ...xxxxc

Thinking of you Nanofthree (((((hugs))))

Community Champion

We will all be a big circle of hands holding you. I hope you get some good answers to your questions today and you have the time to make the right decision for you, and your family. Thinking of you from one old timer to another 😉

Nicky x