Re: Just diagnosed with Liver and Lung Mets

All the best to you I was very depressed when my mets got worse liver in lungs and bones but when I started on sertraline I felt much much better and in the last few months have come to terms with things well. Hugs xx

Big hugs Clarence xxxx

Im 70 also and had been suffering for 2 years prior with major. Depression. So was double whammy when diagnosed with lung mets. Finding it very difficult to cope. Have to get another
Scan to confirm it’s mets. Life is not good

[ Edited ]

Hi Anniej, I just found your news and wanted to give you a big hug. I thought we hadn't been hearing from you lately. Don't feel you have to hide away, we are all in this together. Stay strong brave lady and take inspiration from others who are still enjoying life in spite of it all.  I agree, we are living with BC not dying from it. I came to that conclusion the other day after getting my post chemo, primary BC surgery results the other day (9/12 lymph nodes affected, 5cm of tissue showing evidence of cancer within 9cm of abnormal tissue but clear margins, 6.8 score for recurrence risk) so the consultant seemed uncertain rather than positive and agreed that another CT scan after rads is finished would be a good idea.  After feeling a bit gloomy for a day or two I decided to choose to act like someone that is alive because I am. Everyone lives with uncertainty whether they know it or not. Thinking of you and sending hugs. Xxx

Glad to hear your doctor is looking after you Annie not quite finished chemo had an bad time with it and on 5th infusion had a severe reaction meaning no more of that drug so had to be started on Abraxane for last two infusions on Wed so far so good just keeping everything crossed no hospital admissions as out of 4 treatments had 3! One more to go after this then onto rads x pleased you are feeling more positive now x Take care x
Community Champion

Hi Mishy, thank you. Stayed off the May site as it's just another worry for people. I'm in good hands with Nick, and he has me on a trial. Fingers and toes crossed . Hoping you are out the other end and fit and well. 🍀 X

Highlighted

Oh Annie I'm so sorry to hear that you have met I just stumbled on this post today, I thought I hadn't heard from you for a while, I'm pleased to read your onc is looking after you well at the Freeman they are fantastic, I suspect you and me have same doc although we can't name him on here if it is he is just the best will do everything he can to treat us in the best possible way x so pleased you are getting support from Maggies they have been invaluable to me when I needed them too again we are lucky to have them, please take care of yourself Annie sending big hugs and positive vibes x

Hi Annie j

i am so very sorry to hear about your diagnosis. Am thinking of you and sending big hugsx

Community Champion

Had clinic today. Mets haven't grown, but doc is disappointed they are there after my chemo. Starting me on Ibrance, when and if, he gets permission . Already on Letrozole and I haven't started anything else, so I fit the criteria.  Feeling very positive . Having a little rest to let me get over the rads then onwards and upwards. 👍🍀

Community Champion

AnnieJ, Back when I found out I had mets it was the day before Thanksgiving here in the states. We traditionally Decorate for Christmas the day after. My family went nuts! They were dragging decorations out that we hadn't used in years. They went to the store and bought more!! Believe me we didn't need more. Christmas my husband goes nuts any ways! We had to have an electrician out to give us a bigger electric box. Well, the more they decorated the more I cried. They were definitely decorating for what they thought was my last Christmas!! It was so obvious! I felt like Scrooge. I felt like I was being led around to see Christmas, past, present and future. I felt like they weren't my family any more. I thought I was only allowed to look through the glass and watch. I didn't go them decorate, I didn't shop or wrap. The only thing I did was bake cookies. I was a disaster!! Then, I had to give myself a good talking to. I told myself I could be m I miserable for whatever time I had, which also wouldn't help my family or I could pull myself together and not let cancer ruin my time! I washed my face and rejoined life. I admit I have some rough patches, but mostly other stress helps and over tired triggers them. Keep living!! Don't waste what time you have! FF

Community Champion

Hi Clarence, Ive been given inspiration by all the young women at the group I went to. Of course I have my weepy moments, like this morning when a good friend rang to check in with me. Completely lost it. 😢 For me it's the memories of the chemo that's still so fresh in my mind. I don't know that I could do it again. It's been a long hard eight months, and I was looking forward to it all finishing. I think I'm going to repeat every day what those girlies said to me - we're living with cancer, not dying from it. Sending good wishes. X

I've just been diagnosed with lung. I'm 70. I'm being treated for depression so I'm finding it hard. I admire you being so positive. I am positive in my outlook but it's the depression that worries me.
Community Champion

Thanks, Sue, all hugs welcome. I have attended a support group at my local Maggies this morning, and it was a very humbling experience. I was the oldest by far, and with the smallest ( so far) and localised  (so far) mets. The heartening thing for me is that most of the ladies I met have been living with secondary breast cancer for years. I'm 70, look 55 and act 21 ( maybe 30), so I'm really not ready to check out. By the looks of my new companions, who are doing great,  I'll probably die of old age rather than cancer. Yay me!! X

Community Champion

Just read your post Annie......sending you a massive hug xxx

Community Champion

Very inspiring, funny face. Thank you, and all the other ladies who have sent such heart warming messages of support. I've had a counselling session at Maggies this morning. Very straight talk and sensible suggestions.

SO...I'm on medication for the rest of my life, just like any other chronic illness, and I'm going to learn to LIVE with this bl**dy disease now. Going to finish my rads for the primary cancer,  which I felt too depressed to do, and I'll even ring the bell in triumph for making it through. It looks as though I'll be given Paxilacitol (?) along with the Letrozole. X

Community Champion

Hi AnnieJ, Sorry I haven't been on here for a few days. Carolyn was close! It will be 12 years in Nov for me with lung mets. I've had a few rough patches but have managed to get through them. Have your cry, wipe your eyes, get your treatment plan, and get moving. You can do it! FF

[ Edited ]

SorryDear Anniej, bless you, I am thinking of you. There are always more meds coming through and I'm pleased your onc is being positive. I just wanted to say that I understand the crying and not being able to stop, I am having this recently and the doc gave me a pack of 1 mg Iorazepam put one under my tongue when I get so bad I can't stop the tears and don't know which way to turn. I have only used 1 so far as I believe they can be addictive but it did help me by making me feel caim for a good few hours. This pack stays in my handbag at all times!

lots of hugs to you

ramade xx

[ Edited ]

Angiej I should have said lorazepam. Sorry I'm getting mixed up with all the meds I am on

ramade x

Community Champion

Annie

I have just seen your post.  I am so sory to hear your further diagnosis, there really is not much that I can say but I just wanted to let you know I am thinking of you and sending you lots of hugs

Helena xxx