cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Breast cancer mets

14 REPLIES 14

Re: Breast cancer mets

Hi Rosie,

Thats so encouraging to hear. Well done you !

Have a fab wedding for your daughter 

Kate xx

Good to hear you are feeling a bit better Kate, it all takes time and there are many up and down moments but we always get through them, I’m now 5 years in from secondary diagnosis and generally lead a “normal life” still working only partime now though plus our daughter is getting married in October and I’m really looking forward to seeing that!

take care, hugs Janette x

Hi Rosie,

Thanks for that as we are thinking of going to Greece . My post had a typo as it should have read 

less down and feeling more positive . It just took a long time for news to sink in and felt like my days were numbered , but I have two gorgeous granddaughters 13 and 5 and they have unknowingly given me more strength to just get on with my life .

Hope you are keeping well.

Hugs right back at ya  xx

Hi Kate, sorry you are feeling down, a trip away will be good for you both.

Boots is good for insurance as Anne as already mentioned, I went with them last year when we went to New York, but I usually use Eurotunnel they only cover Europe (that’s why I had to use Boots for New York) Eurotunnel don’t ask lots of questions basically just want to know that you’re fit to travel and that your oncologist hasn’t said you are “terminal” it’s a quick 10 minute phone call and they are very reasonably priced.

hope this helps.

hugs Janette xx 

Hi Anne,

Sorry it should have read less down , am definitely more upbeat than last time we messaged . 

Kate 

xx

@Anne30 wrote:

Sorry you’re feeling down. Boots Travel Insurance were very good with me. Very reasonable quote. It’s not nice going through it all on the ‘phone but the lady I spoke to was very tactful. A holiday sounds a very good idea x

Sorry you’re feeling down. Boots Travel Insurance were very good with me. Very reasonable quote. It’s not nice going through it all on the ‘phone but the lady I spoke to was very tactful. A holiday sounds a very good idea x

Hi Kess,

Sorry for long delay in replaying and thank you . I’m feeling down now and finished my rads 2 wks ago. My oncologist is not very easy to talk to . Saw him last week to see how I was after rads , he told me I will have a scan to see how it’s going but when I asked when ,he just said soon . Not really helpful when people are frightened . My husband wants to take me on holiday as had to cancel one booked for May , but finding we’re now being penalised for travel insurance I’m not expecting to drop dead on a 2wk holiday lol. 

Hope you’re keeping well

Kate  x

Hi Katie. So sorry to hear your news. It is really difficult.

I am in a similar position to you, with spread to pelvis and clavicle. I am on letrozole and Abemaciclib (similar to Ibrance but I take it twice daily every day).  I was only diagnosed in March, so still getting my head round things, but I am trying to keep things as normal as possible.  I am back at work, and doing most of my normal leisure activities. I hope to stay reasonably well for a long time. So far, side effects have been manageable.  I would encourage you to get some counselling. It may help, and I figure it won’t hurt.

Give yourself some time to get used to the new routine, and hopefully you will find you adjust. I am trying to see it like my hay fever and asthma as far as the meds are concerned - just another thing to help me.

Thanks , will try . Good luck too.

I am on round 14 of ibrance and letrozole have had scans 3 monthly which show stable Mets in chestand bones4 of 6 tumours smaller on treatment take astragalus for help with neutophils and turmeric capsules with black pepper 600 mgs. Did some research and patients found this helpful so gave it a try havent had any delays in treatment . Hope you manage your treatments ok  I was given lansoprosole initially for nausea/indigestion ttake15mgs daily it helps. 

Hello, it’s a shock to find yourself here but there is a lot of help and advice available. I’m on Palbociclib, been on it about 10 months. I just had a CT scan today to check for secondaries and am worried about the results. It’s a pain to have a blood test every 4 weeks and my neutrophil count is often affected and I have to delay treatment. BUT, I have settled down into this routine, it is doable, you get used to it. I have managed to accept that this is how it’s going to be, more or less, but I do have off days and feel sorry for myself. We are lucky though that there is so much treatment available and no one can be certain what life holds for them, cancer or no cancer. Maggie’s is a big help if there is one near to you. Stick with it, it does get easier believe it or not. Best wishes, Julie xxx

I’m sorry to read this and understand. I have have been on Ibrance for a year. I have bone mets. I work full time and they are very good about the appointments. It’s hard but I do try to enjoy life. I hope you start to feel better x

Thanks Ann , I had so many questions that I hadn’t thought of due to shock I think . I’m scared of the possible side effects of ibrance. The tamoxifen before was horrendous and now started letrazole . I’m not sure I want the ibrance it makes me feel all meds/ therapy will be my life and I will just be existing  x

Community Champion

Hi Katie,

Sorry to hear your news, what a shock.  

Do look at the ‘living with secondary breast cancer’ on the forum home page & especially this thread:

Here where you will be able to chat & get support from the other ladies in a similar position to you. This thread is a lot quieter & is usually for technical forum things. 

Alternatively, do give the helpline here a ring, number at the top, if you need to talk things through. 

Sending hugs

ann x

Breast cancer mets

Hi , three years ago I had one tiny cancer in left breast , and all good after rads and lumpectomy. This January after mammogram was told 2 lumps in right breast. Then it was discovered had spread to pelvic bone. Just seen oncologist today to be told I’m going onto Ibrance 3 wks on 1wk off . Im Devastated . It just sounds like a life sentence . When I asked how long for I was told until it stops working . What then ? I don’t know if I want to spend my life like this to be honest . Still shell shocked .