Highlighted

Re: Brain mets diagnosed

Thankyou,all of you, your kind replies have made me think i must get myself together and be positive about the next barrage of chemo working. i will let you know.

love to you all, and i hope you are doing well at the moment.

many hugs

Ramade xxxx

Community Champion

Hi ramade

Sorry to hear about your cancer going a bit crazy. Hopefully they can sort out a plan to help with the brain mets and also with other chemo. As Bon has said, we are here for you whenever you need help, a rant or just feeling low. Keep in touch.

Nicky x

Hi Ramade

I'm so sorry your news is not good. Hope they can find something to help you. How are you feeling? Keep in touch we are all here for you. 

Bon xx

Afternoon Ramade

So sorry to hear you have had such bad news. If you don't mind me asking have you been having problems sich as headaches. I have never had a recent scan on the head. I only get ones on torso.

How is your chemo going?

Sending you a hug.

Linda
Community Champion

[ Edited ]

Sorry Ramade, I don't know much about brain mets. Hope they can knock this back for you. FF

Hello all, unfortunately my cancer is just running wild now. The hospital are give me 6 heavy doses of iv treatment, not much hair anyway the everolimus thinned that out. To be honest I'm in a bit of a state about the cancer in the brain. Any positive news anyone?

love and hugs

Ramade xx

Community Champion

Hi, Maria Louise! I've been wondering how things are going for you. I know you have had a lot of rough treatments. Hoping you got through it all and are mending. Hugs! FF

Community Champion

Hi Maria! I've been thinking about you. I'm not sure if your 5 days of treatments were in a row and kept going through the weekend. Hope you are hanging in there with a minimal amount of side effects. My  heart is with you! FF

Community Champion

[ Edited ]

Hi Maria, well done,

we we are still hoping to see you on the ‘4 years in and now brain mets’ thread, several ladies re going through similar...loads of tips etc.

moijanx

https://forum.breastcancercare.org.uk/t5/Treatments-and-medical-issues/Nearly-4-years-in-and-brain-m...

Community Champion

Maria, Impressive out shopping!! Mask made and one treatment out of the way! Take care of you. Dont over due it. Rest up when you need it. Google can scare the heck out of you sometimes! HUGS! FF

Community Champion

Hello Maria
Glad u got the first blast over. .another 4 to go ..I think u loose your hair though with wbr or do u shave it first ?
We are all holding your hand through this ...24/7 someone should be here for you if possible.

Hugs xxx

Thank you so much ladies xx the mask being made up was not a problem at all and  I have always been panicked in confined spaces.  The first treatment this morning was about 15 minutes, painless and I feel totally fine this afternoon, even managed a stop off at Sainsburys for a food shop.   I just have to hope it blasts those bad bits and I can get off these steroids, I am snarling at everyone.  What I have learnt ladies is that mr Google is not our friend !  Xx

All the best with your treatment Maria, sending you big (((((cyber)))) hugs xx

Hi Maria

So sorry to hear your news. We will all be virtually holding your hand as you go through your treatment.

Hugs to you and your family. Bon xxxx

Hi ladies. Well no doubt it's def brain mets.  Mask made up today and planning ct scan done.  Now for 5 days of whole brain radiotherapy.  I came home tonight and the four if us just jumped into our bed and snuggled up..xxx

Community Champion

Maria Louise, Such a shocker! Cancer is so sneaky! Wishing you the best with this procedure. I'm sorry you have to go through this! Big hugs!!!!

Community Champion

Hi Maria

So sorry to hear of this latest diagnosis. It must have been a complete shock especially as everything else looked like it was going well and TMs were down.  I'm not saying its the case with you but recently Jellytot was told she had brain mets and after further checks it was determined she hadn't.  I can't remember everything about this but I'm sure that is the case.  I'm not giving false hope but just wondered if other checks or having your scan looked at by another person would give a definitive answer.  If of course this has already been done, or there's absolutely no doubt about the scan, then please ignore what I've written.  Wishing you all the best whatever happens.

Nicky x

Community Champion

Maria,

hi there. Yes do pop into this thread and read back into the posts, several ladies are going through stuff similar to yourself.

https://forum.breastcancercare.org.uk/t5/Treatments-and-medical-issues/Nearly-4-years-in-and-brain-m...

Love, Moijanxx

Thank you Carolyn, I will try to find thread and read.  I allowed myself to be fooled into daring to believe a tablet a day would keep everything away, there is so much I am now learning by not burying my head.  I was the. Biggest whimp at running out of the onc waiting room.  Xx

Community Champion

Oh Maria what a shock especially as your tms are low and everything else stable ..I don't know what to say really but there is a very good thread running under treatments so maybe the ladies there will support you more than I can ...

But I can send you a huge hug and cyber cuddle xxxxx🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹