Re: Brachial plexus

Ramade Good Luck with your treatment and scans too

good luck with your scans Hannah

Highlighted

Hi Ramade Havnt come across many people with secondaries in brachial plexus. It took 6 months to find mine ,as you said scans miss it .Was devastated to find cancer had returned after 18 years ,but now on treatment, had a scan 2 weeks ago , results were promising, so am coping a bit better now 😊

hi all, i am so pleased to read this thread because i have secondaries in brachial plexus. i keep having mri's because apparently the ct's don't show the spread in the soft tissue very well. i have been on a lot of different treatments, having a struggle to hold it back with me at the moment. 

love and hugs to you all

Ramade

Whoops the reply was meant. For windflower.

Hi Mermaid , it’s good that medication is working really well for you .I started to feel pain in my upper arm last December.I knew something wasn’t right , but never thought cancer had returned. It took until May for it to be found .Apparently very unusual place .I am hoping that scan on 30th will indicate drugs are working

Hi Mermaid (and Hannah)

My secondary cancer was discovered (in 2015) because it had spread to my peritoneum and blocked my bowel, so I had to have an ileostomy.  Scan reports don't mention the peritoneum now, so either it has shrunk a lot with the chemotherapy or is now microscopic.  The bone mets were discovered a few months later and are "multiple" but don't cause me any pain and have remained "stable" ever since.  It was assumed that they had been present for some time, but not discovered.  My original scan wasn't looking for cancer, but the cause of my abdominal pain and sickness, so that might be why they weren't seen then. I see from this site (mainly the "bone" thread), that many, many people have lived for a long time after their mets were discovered.  A nurse also told me that "two to three years was average for secondaries" after I'd related the experiences of a friend of mine who had sadly died.  You would think that by now their training would have been updated.

Windflower

Hi Mermaid mine has come back in brachial plexus , which is just under collar bone .Also I have a few areas on chest wall .So it’s wrapped itself around nerves on brachial So inoperable.just Hoping these drugs can help

Hello Hanna and Windflower,
I too was diagnosed 1999 and extensive bone mets discovered Dec 2014. Been stable on Exemestane just awaiting new MRI and CT results. It’s such a shock after all those years. Are you both bone mets only?

Thank you for reply it gives me hope x

Hi Windflower thanks for reply , really thought I had beaten it .So glad you are doing well .Am having pet scan on 30th , just hope for good results fingers crossed x

Hi Hannah,

Just to let you know my original breast cancer was in 1995 and I was diagnosed with secondaries in 2015 with no problems in between.  I also was very shocked, but it seems that this can happen.  I am on Anastrozole and Denosumab and am doing well.  Best wishes,

Windflower

Brachial plexus

Had breast cancer 1999 .Have been in remission 18 years , such a shock it has returned..On Ibrance and letrolezole