60638members
319351posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bone mets - please join in

Re: Bone mets - please join in

Hi Corey You have got a long way to travel. Hope your SEs aren't bad, you can take time to look after yourself and you have a community around to support you. xx

Hello Corey, glad to hear you have your first chemo under your belt. Sorry you had a bit of a meltdown and are suffering from a headache (hope that is better now!). The staff will be used to people coming in extra stressed, so I hope they looked after you. Sorry you have such a long journey both ways, and the roads aren't great, are they?

Please take care of yourself as much as possible. It is a stressful time. I hope you get few, mild or, preferably, no, side effects.

Please keep in touch and let us know how you are getting on.

Hugs. Barton.x

Since my sis moved to bude ..getting quite used to it. We always end up in rosies on the seafront for lunch as its good food and my sis can take her dog in as well.
Yes ..you will b busy this time of year with the tourists but hey hoo ...it's extra income.
Take care of yourself and keep in touch with us. I think Barton has already been in touch about a meet up for coffee ..there are three of us here in Exeter that meet .
Hugs xx

Hi yes in between holsworthy and bude . So we get the best of both worlds . Lots of people come and stay in our holiday cottage on the farm and ask us about the best places to eat or best beaches. Funny really as we hardly get time to go to the beach and if we do my 14 yr old doesn't want to go as its not cool going out with your parents but my other two kids love it . Xxx

Hiya ..so you are a holsworthy girl ..bit of a trip to Exeter for treatment though. My sis lives in bude ..so pass through when visiting her.
But you are in good hands in Exeter ..good oncology care in cherrybrook.
Hugs xxx

Hi Carolyn 52 I think I got soo uptight about picc line . Felt I bit silly afterwards , the fear of the Unknown I suppose . Have a head ache but think that might be the stress and the long trip back home to holsworthy xx thank you for being so kind xx

Hello Corey
Well done ..once the first chemo is out the way you will know what to expect and be able to plan your life around the good days and bad ones. Keep a daily diary so you will be able to keep a normal routine around it.
The picc line will help too ..think they fit them in more comfortable places these days ..mine was right in the crook of the arm and a bit irritating .
Hugs xxx

Hi every one just wanted to say had my picc line fitted no problems with that and also had my first chemo this afternoon . Feeling a bit tired and with the anti sickness here's hoping it works . It was a long drive home done by hubby but had some tea and just chilling .

Jultz
The trouble with slimming stuff ...you eat twice or three times the amount and so u just as well eat the proper stuff !!! Ha ha .
Your learning from the master here but she is outgrowing her size 14 very quickly.
Hugs xxx

Hiya marirose
Firstly all the best for your scan this week ..it's a really busy time for so many this week.
The knickers are m and s of course and Im Sure they would stretch around big Ben if they had to. I always wear a tee shirt bra with no metal too for scans. But x rays and bone scans ...if I avoid metal ..can keep my dignity and not wear a silly gown. I suppose hospitals all vary. Bone injections easy ..just unflop a big bit of belly fat !!!
Xxx

Carolyn your right I should just get the real stuff massive bar of dairy milk my mouth is watering now haha x x
Community Champion

Hi all

bonariensis I didn't know you could get your scan results through the post. Not sure if I like that idea ok if good but if results bad I would want to see onc as soon as possible but at least you get a report to study it and ask questions.

Carolyn where are the hospital knickers from I can't imagine what they must look like. I always dress with clothes that do not have metal on not even bras. They let me go in without undressing and putting a gown on. I hate them you always feel your bum is on show for all to see. What does annoy me is waiting ages because you always get there early and then a patient gets wheeled in from A+E and they get seen first. I also look at the faces as I am leaving some they seem to look at you with pity one even said good luck made me wonder if they saw something bad.

Well I've got it all to go through on Thursday not as late as it usually is 6.10p.m normally get one for 8.pm or Sunday at a hospital a few miles away.

Good luck to julzd and anyone els having scan results.

Love and (((hugs)))  xxx

Oh Jultz 

Go for it properly .. run to the corner shop and get a bar of Cadburys .. rather than that pretend stuff !!!!

Note to self .... stop posting such rubbsh here as I notice some of the postings get 400 views !! and I must be labeled as some sort of idiot !!

xxxx 

Hi jannette and carolyn I've had my fix too bought a box of the new chocolate coconut macaroon from slimming world this morning ate three already so that was pointless but they taste lovely x x

Nice to hear you haven't let the side down Carolyn! I've just had my fix too, just a little KitKat though as I'm "trying" to be good for my hols!
Hugs Janette xx

When I go hospital for bone inj, scan or to see oncologist ...I get out the car and find the nearest loo ..then go to the waiting room and try to look normal by reading a magazine ...but really I'm just pretending to read. Isn't it embarrassing for scans ..u put on the hospital gown ..which doesn't do up properly and hence the reason for " hospital knickers"they r usually black, thicker and enormous and if its winter u are wearing ugg boots which compliment the outfit ...call the fashion police !!!
Hugs xx

Hello ladies
Well haven't let the chocoholics down today ..had a large daily fix ..yum ....oink oink 🐷
Best of luck to everyone with their scans this week ..sending loads of fairy dust and cyber hugs .
Xxx
Community Champion

Moijan, When I lay down to get my CT, I always think get up and run NOW! Run now you can run free and just say I quit I'm done! Then I say or you can be brave go thru with it and it will be what it will be! Maybe if you go through with it you will be stable and enjoy more life. So far I haven't run free!

Hi moijan I'm exactly the same at scans and appointments I try to read their faces and always come up with something bad it's rediculous to them it's just a job we go there so anxious every thing they say or do we think means something ❤❤
Community Champion

Hello everyone, thank you for your good wishes.

Funny things scans, I lay in the mri scanner thinking, these pauses between being told to 'Breath in...blah blah'  .....are very long today, whats happening? Have they just seen everything has GONE!  Are they worried because they think theyve lost it?

then I thought 'oh no, theyve found the opposite, they are pondering how to tackle this!....'

Lastly.. the voice of reason said' they must be teaching, I heard lots of chatter in there last time they said...'breathe normally.'..

when I got out, I asked 'are you teaching today? And they said 'Yes, we were showing X how to...'

so that just goes to show how the thought demon can take over!

Boneariensis , getting scan results by post must be a bit scary? If you were worried who would you chat to?

on the other hand maybe you live a way from the hosp?

Good luck to you too jultz xx

Carolyn, I think chocolate is a good option( my bum and tum thrive/grow really well on it!) it has a lot of antioxidants and love hugs in it!  Much love, hairless hattiexx

julzd, moijan  Good luck with your scan results. These appointments are so scary. It can be hard to ask or say all the things you have been planning for weeks before hand. My last 2 results have come by post though, if they had been bad, I don't know what would have happened, I usually wait at least an hour having got there at the appointed time which doesn't help.

Hello Jeanette
No i didn't give into choc yesterday but there was a reason ..I pinched a haribo off my grandson ..got a bit of sugar in a iffy tooth and had tooth ache ..fine today so got some catching up to do now as have two bars in fridge all ready !!!
Hope headache problem is ok .
Hugs xx

Morning ladies. 

Carolyn, hold your head up high my fellow choco-ohlic, I too cannot go 1 day without a chocolate fix, even if it is just a chocolate biscuit some form of the yummy stuff has to pass these lips!.....by the way did you break last night? 

Good luck to those having scans / results this week. 

Hugs Janette xxxx 

Thanks funnyface hope you're ok x x x

Moijan
I'm getting a bit paranoid about my reputation of being a chocoholic !!! I've been all day today without any ..how about that ?
Hugs xxx
Community Champion

Good luck with scans and appointments, so nerve racking!

Hi moijan good luck for Wed ❤❤❤

Carolyn you've did better than me I could never jump in the deep end lol. I am exactly the same at appointments I ask no questions can't get out quick enough x x x
Community Champion

Hi Jultz,

me too, am waiting for results of my mri on Wed. I'm right there along with you and  Carolyn, I often feel like running away,( tho my onc is a lovely guy) maybe we should try a bar of chocolate? Carolyn?

Hiya jultz
Good to hear from you ...it's awful the fear factor with oncologists and scans and I almost run out after my appointments !!
Well u r into fitness ...never quite got the hang of riding a bike or roller skating as my mum wouldn't let us do anything dangerous like that as kids!! Did jump in the deep end of pool holding my nose when I was five and got a brownie badge though !!!
Hugs xxx

Hi ladies hope you've had a good weekend just thought I'd check in I'm getting a bit anxious I'm seeing oncologist Friday no doubt he will be booking my ct scan in. I'm feeling ok went on a bike ride today and fell off felt a right idiot as I had an audience ! My knee and elbow are all scratched and bruised what an idiot haha hope you're all well ❤❤❤ julie ❤❤

Hiya . Bet the new ceiling is to cover up an old artex one...it's the only way to get rid.
I have mobility probs as well and diy jobs I was doing last year ...are long since gone.
Having yr daughter / grandkids around will be a good focus away from this dreadful blimp in our lives !!!!
Take care xx

We have had a new ceiling in our living room, the house is a tip. Redecorating today. Haven't done any of that for some time, the skirting boards have got further away and sitting on the floor isn't an option. Furniture should be back by the end of the week. Grandchildren and daughter came for tea. My latest bone scan showed stable which is good as my son-in-law (in the RAF) is going away for 6 months soon and I will hopefuly be able to help my daughter retain her sanity.

Community Champion

Hot, nasty humidity! It's been like this for about 3 weeks! You don't even want to go outside. I hate being inside. I would prefer to be out grilling, pina colada in hand, tiki torches lit, playing some games. Haven't had a dinner outside in weeks. Had a couple events we wanted to go too, but just to scorching. Oh well, maybe next year. Supposed to get storms today and be cooler this week.Hoping they are right! 

Hiya ff.
Very interesting ..I've been on letrozole for eleven months and have a dodgy right knee too which is the other side to problem hip.
I have had this for maybe 30 years on and off as I used to seriously jog in my 30 s !! Yes me jog ! And I used to do Jane Fonda aerobics every day .
My knee for several months feels like I've twisted it too or the knee cap has moved or something.I remember seeing my bone scan and there were suspicious areas on it but not necessary Mets. I sort of shuffle sideways on it but it won't turn !!
Anyway less of my ailments ..hope u have nice weather there ..we've got baked beans weather here ...wet and windy !!
Hugs across the pond.
Xxx
Community Champion

Carolyn, I know it's the metropolis because this all started 2 weeks after I started it. I just didn't realize it at first. I thought I must have twisted my knees. Til I realized it started right after starting this. I also need new knees. I'm sure that's why it has hit them so hard. It also hit my shoulders and hands too. I stopped the prednisone in case, but also to help me lose some of this weight. I wish I could get off this one heart drug bc one of the SE is rapid weight gain. I started gaining right after I started it. Hoping exercise and some weight loss might make it possible to get rid of it.

Hiya ff
That's strange as you say you have been taking prednisone ....my hubs has been having that off and on since xmas for a chest infection that won't clear up. He has been having hair loss and his knees ..well they creak so much and give out on him. He says there's healthier knees in the graveyard!!
Maybe you are blaming the wrong thing ..i.e. letrozole / ibrance and it could be prednisone ..hope yr new fitness regime works and who knows you might match Mo Farah in the next Olympics !!Ha ha.
I'm hoping with winter coming to eat healthy and give up choc and McDonalds ..in my dreams !!
Hugs xxx

Community Champion

PS....No shopping here, too many car repairs!!! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!

Community Champion

Good Morning ladies! I'm going to try and do some cleaning today. I haven't done much housework lately and it shows.I've been trying to adjust to know prednisone! I've taken it for a long time and my energy level is at the bottom of a pit. I have been doing some exercises that my friend gave me. She is a physical therapists. I've been doing them every day for 2 weeks. I even added a few more. I did find 2 that totally kill my knees. It puts the pressure on them. She said not to do them for now. Might be able to do them if my muscles get stronger or some day when and if I get my knees replaced. I'm trying to make a new change in my life every week. This week I'm adding a 5 minute walk 2x a day. I noticed when I go shopping that I always grab a cart. I realized the last few times that I'm not just pushing that cart, I'm heavily leaning on it. I was leaning on it so hard that my arms were sore. I was in the store for about 45 mins and a few other errands. My knees and legs were screaming obscene words at me. I decided I need to start and walk and build up. All of these physical changes in me have been since I took this letrozole/ibrance combo. Also, have been working very hard on my weight. I am diwn 10 lbs. I'm fighting back! You girls having alot of fun shopping and visiting with grandchildren and puppies. No, grandchildren here! I do have 5 grandpuppies.They usually end up visiting for a, bit every week.I have one dog, Maggie. She is a yellow lab. She enjoys all the dogs visiting. FF

Hiya Jeanette
Fingers crossed ..no more headaches today. Enjoy having Heidi and spoiling her ..all the cuddle benefits but no responsibilities of vets and walkie!
It's my last week with grandson ..he goes back bank holiday Monday so he gets a week to settle into routine ready for school. Can't belueve he's been here five weeks already.
Hugs xx

Hiya Barton
Sshh ..but I have been dipping into the craft channels too and qvc and pavers shoes but only when I can surgically remove the remotes from hubby and the Olympics !!
No pain or aches from denosumab this time ..it's day 12 and been fine !! Long may it last.
Yes ..it's all about the comfort and a nice chair will b good for you.
C u Thursday
Hugs xx

Morning ladies. 

Carolyn, no white sandy beach for me either........well not for 20 days anyway (not that I'm counting 😆😎)

Got my little girl Heidi for the day today, love having her she really is like having a grandchild, we spoil her something silly for the day then when she goes home a quick tidy round then relax and wind down! 

Hope everyone is doing okay and having a nice lazy Sunday.

Hugs Janette xxxx 

Hello Carolyn, no white sandy beach for me! I'm sitting at home watching crafty channels on TV. I was shopping from one of them yesterday - you would be proud of me! Also, the other day, bought a comfy chair for my bedroom as I sometimes like to sit and read there (the pink antique chair is too low, and not that comfy really).

Hope the bone aches have subsided.

Hugs. Barton.x

Hello
Just posting here as the thread is so quiet ..it's slipping down the list!.
Sounds like a lot of our regulars are away on hols ..sunning themselves on white sand, Palm trees and being served cocktails by hunky eye candy in shorts !! Ha ha.
Hope everyone is well .
Hugs xxx

Good morning ladies
Well it's wet here and guess what ..forgot to take the cushions in from patio furniture last night and so all soggy.
And ..for some reason overnight my phone won't link to my e mail's this morning ..been visited by a little gremlin in the night !!
Hope you all have nice plans for weekend .
Xxxxx

Hiya Jeanette
Glad u have heard from bcn and she is now on your case.
You have the option to have a mr i if u need one. Don't think ct scans do the brain ?
Hopefully the headaches have passed and maybe just a wobble !!
Hugs xxx
Community Champion

Natalie/Janette,

So pleased your bcn got back to you and that your Onc is prepared to scan to give you peace of mind. I  think it's a good idea to see how things go over the next few weeks i the knowledge that should the headaches come back and you get concerned action will be taken,

Hope the headaches stay away.

Have a good weekend xx

Hi Carolyn, my bcn rang me this afternoon with regards to my headaches, my onc has said if I'm concerned about them she is happy to arrange a CT or MRI, as they haven't been too bad I have said I'll see how I go on over the next month or so and get back to her they persist.

Hugs Janette xxxx 

Community Champion

Marirose I'm so pleased the info was useful for you, yes definitely mention it to your MS   nurse, with MS  and SBC you sound like an ideal candidate to me. Fingers crossed xx

Community Champion

Julie thankyou for the information for the cannabis oil I found it interesting especially as I also have MS I shall be asking my MS nurse next month. I am suffering with pains that are linked to both I was unaware that there is a spray that contains cannabis for MS.Lets hope the N.H.S get their finger out and legalise it.

xxx