cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bone mets - please join in

Re: Bone mets - please join in

Natasha - oh you don't have to drag yourself out of bed.....or if you do, make it to the sofa. You're right, my friend is mad and we had such fun!! She's had her own really bad time while I've had bc and we always said we would go away and finally made it. I'm supposed to be the steadying influence in the friendship but made her pose for lots of the pics!!! Love her to bits, especially at bonkers moments. And when she tells everyone I'm about 40-42 when in fact I'll be 48 in November . Chat tonight, I hope xx

Hello ladies. Sorry I've not posted for a while, I can't from my mobile...but I do read what you've all been up to.

Katie, yay to the end of rads and onto the next chapter. Am on FEC. 1 cycle of 6 down, started yesterday and so far am feeling good. OH commented that I'm full of beans. Fingers crossed I escape any hideous se's. LOVE your rambles and think your top tip was fab.

I've been thinking I need something inbetween a laptop and phone so I can surf, post and read... so if I'll look into that kindle I think. Love shopping for gadgets but I used to get all my kit from work. Had to give the ipad back. Not all bad, I still get a mobile and laptop. Hmmm, just mentioned this to OH and he's pulled a face. booooooooo. He doesn't see why I can't use the laptop. boooooo again. Will research anyway and see where we end up.

Val, hope you get on OK today and the time flies with your book. Have you been watching the latest Gordon Ramsey series, think I may want the book. http://www.channel4.com/programmes/gordon-ramsays-ultimate-cookery-course

Also really enjoyed Nigella last night, I love Italian food so I may need that book too. Haven't got anywhere near as many as you though.

Liz, hope your OH is well enough for you to travel. Glad you had a good time in Venice, your friend looks like a lunatic - great fun. Hope you do well this week lovely.

Anyway ladies, I really should drag myself out of bed... I know, shocking isn't it Smiley Happy

Love to all xxx

Hi ladies!

Hope you are all feeling better than the weather.......after my long weekend away, my bedroom looks like a bomb has hit it, ironing needs doing along with changing my bed linen, washing and ironing it so I suppose today is as good a day as any to do it! Then I can sit and watch Parade's End and Downton from this last week, armed with a brew and cake.

Katie - woo-hoooooooo to last rads. That seems to have gone really quickly to me, though probably not to you! Just remember the cooking still keeps working for a while afterwards so make sure you get enough rest etc. Know what you mean about Parade's End - see what I think after last episode.

Val - hope you get sorted again with bloods dept and your count is boosted. Like you say - get it over with on a rubbish day rather than a good weather one!

I always said I would NEVER have a kindle as I love the idea of having a 'proper' book and nothing else would be the same but my late bc pals Sue and Sally said they were ace, so I got one and it's fab. Still have real books but have now pre-ordered the new kindle fire due out next month. From what I can gather you can go on internet and things with it. I have no idea really but it looks promising......we will see.

On the medical front, my back wasn't too bad while I was away and I survived the flying without it crippling me completely so that was a result. It certainly didn't spoil my hols at all. Supposed to be going down to Southampton this weekend til middle of next week for my uncle's funeral. Am really going so Mum has company on the long trip and she is going to support her sister. However, OH has been a bit off still so if he's not ok, I won't leave him in case anything happens to him!! Have the joys of my flu jab tonight........

Hide under the duvet girls and keep as warm and well as possible xxx

Katie, I love the wittering. best part of al the posts! LOVE books too and am a collector of cookery books and must have between 200 and 300 but am going to have a good weed out and pass many of them on to my family and friends and some to the charity shop where I picked them uip from originally. I just love reading them. Especially Nigel Slater. I bought 3 new cookery books in Tesco at the weekend because they were so cheap and really interesting. A Hugh Fearney, A nigel Slater nd that girl Lorraine Pascall Think that is her name) that is on TV,
I was heading off this afternoon too but have just ghad aphonecall to say my HB is down to 8.9 so am going in after I get washed and dressed to have 2 units of blood before I get my normal infusion. So just as well I have a good book on the go. It is so windy and wet and dull here that I may as wel get it over with as tomorrow's forcast is good!
Glad that is your radiotheray over Katie. You will wonder what to do with yourself now. I love this eyelashes on cars. i have got a Renault Grands Scenic which is great for getting my wheelchair and crutches into. it is a mobility car and I do not know what I would do without it.
Must fly. Breakfast ready before I head off. Love to you bone mets ladies, Val

hello Val,
You've been busy. Great news about your driving. I hated not being able to drive after my op. My hubby kept borrowing my little mini whilst i couldn't drive. He got too attached to it!!!Anyway I came up with a cunning plan. I put eye lashes on her around the headlights. he hasn't.t driven it since. My car is now talking point when I'm out and about.
I.m busy knitting at the moment. the only thing I can make is scarves so that is what everyone is getting for Christmas this year. so spent the afternoon catching up on Parade's end on the I player knitting. I can't make up my mind whether I actually enjoyed the story. Downton abbey on the other hand was highly enjoyable.
Off to bed in a bit. Another early start - due at Christies at 8.20 for last radio - yippee! reading Peter robinson's new book. Usually love a good detective story but finding this one a bit predictable. got the new val McDermI'd and Kathy reichs waiting so here's hoping a more interesting read. I got bought a kindle from work but love nothing better than a real book. I am So old fashioned.

Sorry for wittering. Hope everyone is well.
Katie x

Glad you had a good trip up here in Scotland Katie. You timed it well as it is like winter here today, windy, damp, cold and overcast.
I have been for my blood tests today ready for hosp late tomorrow. I have been away to the library to collect one book and came back with 6! The up to Kinross to Vane Farm Bird Sanctury to buy new birdfeeders and more food for the oncoming wintery autumnal days ahead. OH has them already set up so the birds will be in heaven tomorrow trying out their new toys.
I had planned to do other stuff today and was going to skin and prepare a fresh chicken to have as a Tandoorie chicken and let it marinate in a box overnight in the fridge....but did so much outdoors today we ended up eating a ready meal from waitrose a chicken Vindaloo that we had popped in to freeer. Still cannot do it all.
I had a short try of driving today for the first time since my hip replacement. It went well although the left leg did feel a little odd...it did function as it should. But I only drove for a short while and then let my OH take over. Did not want to spoil things. But would maange to drive up to the little shop up the road now for milk and bread. It is uphill so no use for wheelchair or crutches and would mean I could do a little shopping myself.
I got invited to abookgroup I used to attend all the time. It is just a one off meeting to catch up but they have chosen a biography about Dickins and I have until Novermber to read it. I think it is a newish book so ordered it today form my nearest library.
I hope you are all okay. take care, val

Hello everyone,
I've just returned from a beautifully sunny Scotland! As soon as I hit Lancashire it started chuck it down. Typical! Totally shattered now. Only 2 more rads to go!!! Woohoo! Beginning to be apprehensive about Wednesday and the start of herceptin and zometa but know I just need to get on with it. I just hope it doesn't knock me for six.
Na7asha - good luck too for the start of your chemo. What are you going to be on? I have a great tip for if you lose your hair. My friend was also going through chemo at the same time as me. When we started to lose our hair we both decided to shave it off. My mum did mine. Anyway afterwards my friend told me that when you have the stubbly bits the best way to get them off is by using a lint roller. It is hilarious but it works - honest.
Helen - I am so glad you got sorted.As for the customer can quite understand how you felt. Some people are so stupid. I don't think they mean to be but it doesn't make it any better. I hate that 'look' you get from some people when they find out you have cancer. I could slap them!!!
Claire- I've been off since January - having chemo, op and now rads. I often feel like this year has been a waste of time and I could've done so much. It is hard to get motivated. Helen's right though - don't be hard on yourself. It's hard I know if you are used to being busy but we just have to remember our bodies are busy trying to fight this blooming disease. I try to see anything in the past I would've taken for granted (like going shopping, cinema, going for a walk, doing planning for school etc) as a sense of achievement if I do one thing in a day. If I don't manage anything so be it but it can if I'm honest sometimes get me down. What I'm trying to say probably really badly -is that you are not alone in feeling like you do.
Anyway hope everyone has had a good weekend and battening down the hatches for the stormy weather predicted for tomorrow.
Katie x

Hi everyone,I have seen oncologist this week and he assures me that I have an infection in my breast called cellulitis it's still very red and tender on two lots of antibiotics has anyone had this infection aswell ? Clare totally understand how you feel about worrying about exercise and not getting things done I have days like these all the time please don't be too hard on yourself easier said than done !! Had a customer at work other day point out that I had a grim future and that I couldnt really plan 4 a future and how did I cope mentally with it all !!! I was bit p@@@ed off with his attitude honestly think some people think we have no feelings whatsoever any way my moan over wishing you all a good wk end x

Hello everyone,
Val, I hope you are feeling a little better every day after your op.
I'm finding it difficult to express how I'm feeling at the moment. I had my scan last week, end of chemo for secondaries, and will see ONC next Thursday. Through chemo I feel I didn't make the most of my time or saw my friends enough, didn't exercise enough, didn't do more with my time off work. Now, I'm worried about next week but realise there is no point in worrying. I'm feeling very well, no aches or pains and no real tireness so sometimes feel optimistic but DO worry the chemo hasn't done all that it should. Had a letter from work about returning in three weeks time, this worries me as all is different there after a restructure so everything will be sort of new and I'll only be paid statutory sick pay after September if I don't go back. I feel I'm not making the most of my days. I don't think it's depression but a sense of limbo. I feel I should be doing so many things but just can't seem to motivate myself. Perhaps I'm just being a moaning minnie but any advice would be appreciated.
Love Claire

Hello everyone. Am just back from a couple of days in Cornwall. Absolutely gorgeous weather and I feel like I've gained 5 stone as we've had some yummy food. Had to make the most of pre chemo days.
Good luck Katie and anyone else starting treatment next week... eek. Fingers crossed for as few side effects as possible eh. Lots of love xxx

Poor vercos, Hope you have a chance to chill for a wee bit. You seem to be awfully busy right now. Thinking about you. Val

I am here, just knackered. I was on a business trip to Nottingham for a couple of days. I am shattered. I have to go to Budapest next week. I love his city but I will be too tired to enjoy it after all my meetings. I need to take it easy during the week end. So much to do.

Where is everybody? I know some are away or on holiday. We have some lovely sunny weather up her in Scotland and the weekend is meant to equzlly good.
Nithing new to report. I have had a busy day. Came home, watched a little TV but nothing on tonight that take smy fancy so I think I will head up to bed with my new book.....a murder....by Stuart McBride called "Dark Blood".
Went to Ikea this afternoon but my Oh pushed me in my wheelchair to the areas we wanted to go to. Nothing exciting, a picture frame, some tea lights, some nice new towels (seeing I dispatched a load to my YD who needed some for her cupboard).
Had fish and chips on the way home so no need for any cooking or dishwashing. what a woman of leisure. Think these steroids are suiting me!!! Love Val

Tulip you are doing the right thing getting out to see friends.I recently did an online course with Macmillan called Wellbeing and their idea was to have a goal each week to acheive,something to look forward to and aim for.
Walking and getting freash air is important,both for the exercise and we need natural vitamin D for bone health, so getting as much sunshine as possible is important.
I have found it difficult to get any advice on exercise,was told not to do anything loadbearing.I have a gym where i live which is free for all residents and it is a shame that most of the equipment is unsuitable.Swimming is really good and I would ask your team about yoga.I would think it is good to do for stress as well as exercise.
I also meet up with some lovely ladies I met through this forum for lunch,when we can all get a clear window without treatments.It is great to talk with others who understand,are not worried about anything you want to talk about,and there is also a lot of laughter.

katie I have my zometa tomorrow,had bloods today which should have been simple but took ages.I have a port fitted so it takes a couple of minutes but had to wait ages for a spare chair in the chemo unit.So pleased you had a lovely night out with hubby,so pleasing to go out and feel as if life carries on as normal.Enjoy Scotland and good luck with going back to work.I know what you mean about feeling lazy,since I retired I live life at a leisurely pace and am really put out if I have early appointments-takes me ages to get moving in the morning.

hi
It is interesting to see your comments regarding exercise, as I wasn't sure whether to continue with yoga if my bones are fragile.
Trying to get out for at least a short walk daily to get some air & exercise.
Even though it is early days for me, I have found it helps to have something planned for each day, whether it's meet friends for lunch, invites someone round for coffee or even going with hubby to do the shopping.

Tulip3

Evening everyone,
Val - it is good to hear you sound 'brighter' in your posts. Did you get the Chitchat games thread going? Sorry I couldn't help. I can more or less just post, that is the extent of my knowledge of using the site.
Helen12 - I hope you are ok and got sorted?
Tulip3 - welcome. I am recently dx too with secondaries to my lower spine and pelvis and waiting to start Zometa and Herceptin next week. I have found this thread invaluable. The ladies on it are so supportive, knowledgable and inspiring. I feel a bit of a fraud as so far have no symptoms, just really achy when I get up from sitting for a while. Takes me a minute or two to get going as my joints feel like I am 100 years old!
Na7asha - how are things with you?
Well I am still having my rads to primary site - only 4 to go. The radiotherapist team at The Christie are so lovely and make me laugh but can't wait not to get up really early! I am so lazy, god help me when I go back to work. I have decided to have a phased return in December just in time for the Nativity madness. My boss has been so understanding. I am going to hopefully return part time in January.
Actually felt 'normal' last night. Met my hubby in Manchester and went to watch Alan Davies. Really had a top night. Off to Scotland this weekend to see family. It is my Great Aunt's 80th birthday bash. Doing things like this does make me feel better about things.
Don't know why I am waffling! Sorry! It always seems a bit surreal communicating by sending these posts. Anyway hope you are all ok.
Katie x

thanks for that info vercors.have been doing exercises but they don't seem to be really making a great deal of difference.
Val thanks I will speak to my gp,he is really helpful and usually prescribes what I ask for if he agrees it is appropriate.I was also considering trying aqupuncture as it has helped with pain in my neck (caused by car accident not bc).

Hi Lucinda,
Exercise might not be enough or could even make it worse. Last time the physio had to push my pelvis back into place. He explained that as because it was not perfectly straight, I was overcompensating on one leg which got the muscles to rub against the sciatic nerve. Two days later, the pain was gone.

Good evening ladies, I had sciatica twice and both times my physio cured it in one session. I gonto a sports physio, as I always have had good experience with them.
Val, how is your,hip?

Linda. I have written this many times before but do not if it was to you or not..... about Sciatica. The best painkiller I have for this problem is Amitriptylene and it really really works for me. I used to suffer badly and couldn't sleep for the pain down my right leg and buttock. They do it in different strengths and I started on 10 mg then progressed to 25mg. I just take one tiny paile yellow pill with my last meds of the day before I hit the sack. Please ask your GP about it. It is a marvellous tablet. I tried stopping it after a couple of years but the pain returned again so it definitely works for me. Go on give it a go....if you haven't already that is! Love Val

Thanks for the advice Lucinda.
I have been told by the Oncologist today to stop taking the ibandronic Acid until I see her again, & my Doc has prescribed Omeprozole. I am a bit concerned about not having treatment for another 4/5 weeks but will be glad not to have to spend part of the night sitting up to try to relieve the indigestion!!

Broomstick lady have you tried Mia Online.I have exstensive bone mets and they quoted me £120 for both myself and my husband(he has a heart condition and diabetes) for 10 days to Lanzarote.You do have to use your European Medical Card and use the local hospital but you are covered for repatriation and either of us having to stay on in the case of a medical emergency.

So sorry to see so many leaving the forum.I only visit occassionally now and really only follow this thread as it has been a lifeline to me for the past 3 years.

Val hope you are feeling a bit better and managing to get around a bit more.Your OH seems to have been a very busy bee.I havr sciatica down both legs at the moment so have been trying to organise my oh spring cleaning the kitchen,not really a happy bunny and I think he may down marigolds.He does not mind the shopping but not so good at the housework,really need to get a cleaner again but the last one I had was not that great.

Tulip3 sorry you have had to join us.I have exstensive mets and have had pain since dx 3 years .Mostly it is bearable but have had a couple of flare ups and have had rads to affected areas which have helped.If you are taking diclofenac you should take omeprazole to protect your stomach and the indigestion. I am on letrozole and zometa, one of the se's of letrozole is joint pain so I take glucosomine and omega 3 to help with that. I have found that the se's have reduced over time.

Gentle hugs to all of you going through chemo and hope you are coping.

L xx

Nina good luck with reducing the morphine. I have managed to avoid progressing to morphine so far,but will if ever the pain levels warrant it.Currently on gabapentin and co-codemol which keep most of the pain bearable, but would love to find something effective to treat the sciatica now going down both legs via the bottom of my back.See onc next week for my 3 monthly check so hope they can suggest something.Have had all the scans mri,ct, bone and they say nothing sinister so hoping it stays that way. I am also on letrozole.Hopefully you may get a quote nearer the date.Personally although I got a quote I decided sitting on a plane not currently an option so had had a couple of short breaks,one to the New Forest and one to the Cotswolds,and really enjoyed ourselves despite rain constantly on the Cotswolds trip.
Enjoy your holiday when you get there.

Linda xx

Thanks Lucinda - I treid Mia (have used them before when I was 'just' primary - and they wouldn't quote for Mexico or Egypt, and would only quote 8 weeks before departure for the rest of Europe - I'll ring them again nearer the time, but don't hold out much hope right now - onc visits too frequent, and multiple drugs won't change, tho this morning I've reduced my slow release morphine to 2mg (from 6 pre rads) and touch wood - early days I know - am OK!! Next step no morphine!!
Nina

I am sorry to read this, although I totally understand.

julie x

This is probably not the correct place to post this, but as this thread has been a lifeline to me in the past, and is now almost the only thread I bother returning to, it seems appropriate.

I want to thank all the lovely boney ladies I have met along the way, some of them unfortunately no longer here, but lots still reassuringly and encouragingly continuing along life's path, and will endeavour to keep in touch with those I have progressed on to email and facebook with.

Which brings me to my farewell to the BCC forums.

These forums have been a large part of my life for the past 4 years, and now as I progress along my secondary route, they should be a source of comfort, support, fun and advice just as my ever increasing experience and knowledge should be available to help others. BUT, although I am not a stupid woman (I hope!), the fiasco that has been this latest incarnation of the forums has finally driven me away. Yes, I know how to trawl through and find things, but I really no longer want to have to go through all that effort. I know that lots of money and manhours have been spent to date, but I really hope someone has the guts to now shout STOP and realise that these are sunk costs, and the wisom of continuing to throw good money after bad is a very poor wisom indeed.

All we have ever wanted is a simple, fit for purpose forum - and this I am afraid is not it.

Wishing everyone hope and happiness,
Jx

Have been chasing travel insurance for a few days now - wanted to go to Mexico for 14 days at Christmas. the only company who would quote were All clear and it was 12K!! Even europe is about 3/4K for 2 weeks. Having spoken to Insurance Choice, I've discovered some of the things which contribute to the high quotes.
I've had bone mets for over a year - good thing - less than 1 year it's worse insurance wise.
But I taken morphine - high loading for that.
Plus I've seen onc more than 3 times in last 12 months - more high loading.
Plus I take bone pills plus peachy pills = more than 1 treatment - more high loading.
Don't agree with it but it helps me understand why some of the huge differences in premium.
We're now looking at Madeira instead, and I'll trust the EH111 card even tho it doesn't cover repatriation if required.
Another 'tip' I picked up - Egypt and Tunisia come under cheaper Europe for most companies - Spain, Cyprus, Turkey are more expensive than rest of Europe.

Hi Tulip3,

Welcome to the Breast Cancer Care discussion forums where I am sure you will get lots of good, honest support from the many informed users of this site. While you are waiting for replies I have put for you below links to some of BCC's publications you might find helpful. There's also our freefone helpline where the staff are at hand with that listening ear if you need someone away from the family to talk to. Calls are free, 0808 800 6000 lines open Mon-Fri 9-5 and Sat 10-2. Also, as you have been diagnosed with secondaries you might be interested in joining in our 'live chat' which runs each Tuesday evening on line, I'll also put you the link to that for you to have a look at.

http://www2.breastcancercare.org.uk/publications/secondary-breast-cancer/secondary-breast-cancer-bcc...

http://www2.breastcancercare.org.uk/publications/secondary-breast-cancer/secondary-resource-pack-bcc...

Live chat:

http://www.breastcancercare.org.uk/community/chat

I hope these help. Take care,

Jo, Facilitator

Hi
I have just registered on the site. It was really helpful reading all your positive comments. I was diagnosed three weeks ago with breastcancer & secondary bone mets. Unfortunately I had been told the tumour was non-malignant 4 years ago & had only gone to the Doc's cos' I thought I had pulled a muscle in my side!!
I am now on Tamoxifen and Ibandronic Acid, side effects developing nicely including tiredness & bad indigestion. Did anyone else have a flare up of pain in affected area when they started to take the meds? For a few days I was taking Diclofenac, Codene & paracetomol & it wasn't touching the pain. Thankfully has eased off now.

Re holiday insurance. A lot of companies including Mia wouldn't accept me because it's less than 8 weeks since I was diagnosed. Have now managed to arrange it with Free Spirit at £421.33 for my husband & I for one week to Malta.

Hi LyndyLoo
Just to let you know that I phoned Mia insurance on Friday for a quote on a cruise in November for 2 weeks in Europe and nearly fell off the chair when they quoted me £89! Was expecting it to be a lot more than this so was really pleased.
Am currently on Herceptin,Pamidronate and exemestane and have liver and bone mets but since finishing Docetaxol in April I have kept quite well and my last scan in June yielded good results. The lady I spoke to said the insurance is only valid 60 days from start date of holiday and a letter is required from my onc to say I am fit to travel (which shouldn't be a problem).
Needless to say, we booked the cruise after that news and knowing I have something wonderful to look forward to will certainly keep my spirits uplifted.
Hope this info helps and that you can get your holiday sorted with a quote from Mia.
Liz x

Hi Katie2002
Not been on here for a while just reading your comments regarding my saying going for regular check-ups. I go every 3 months to see the oncolgist have done since I finished treatment February 2010. I don't get bone scans very often the only time they scan if I have pain anywhere. Example I had a lot of pain in my hand and wrist since January I happened to mention it in about June this year when I saw the oncolgist. I was sent for a bone scan. It did not show up any nasties. Eventually I was sent to see a rheumatologist turns out it was De Quervain's tenosynovitis and was given a steroid injection which helped a great deal. On a different note still struggling to get a reasonable quote for travel insurance. I tried AllClear Insurance and was quoted nearly a £1,000 which I feel is far too high. The way I look at it I work 4 days a week still managing to go swimming twice a week surely I cannot be that much of a risk for them to quote such high prices. Did try to ring Mia Insurance tonight but they close at 5. Can I ask you ladies what is a realistic quote in your eyes. I would much appreciate your help and advise on this.

Hi ladies,
Thank you for your comments , well my pet scan results are a little more activity to my ribs and spine so am going to be given falsodex think that it is what it is called once a month and still keep on with the letrozole and zometa hmmm
Does anybody else have this combo and if so what is your experience, and why does it seem as time goes by (9months) does the side effects of letrozole seem to get worse I feel like I have broken thumbs and feet lol.
I think this site is great and would like to become more active on it, but am going to London
For 3 weeks on Tuesday so I hope to try and log on when I can but if not will when I return to Dubai.
Btw will also have my second opinion with my onc in London not that I do not trust my team here.
So ladies be as well as you can take care and thank you once again for a great site that we really do not want to be on by choice.
Big hugs to you all xxx
Amanda( AJ ) ps why do some people have pet scans and others have MRI scans??
Highlighted

Hi scottishlass,

I will pass on your comments about the chit chat games still being clunky.

Sorry you are having problems starting a new thread. If you click on the subject in the left hand menu where you would like your post to appear, you should be able to see a box to start a new topic. When you click on this it takes you to a page where you have to scroll down for ages before you find the box to type your post.

Hope that works!

Very best wishes

Janet

BCC Moderator

I WANT TO START A NEW THREAD AND DO NOT KNOW HOW TO DO IT. cAN SOMEONE POINT ME IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION?
tHERE IS A TITLE IN THE LEFT HAND COLUMN THAT READS "Chitcaht Games" and has been going on for years.
But there has been no one on them for 3 days and it used to be a relaxing way to get to know each other through word games.
I wanted to invite old users and new to look it up and join us if they would like to get to know us better.
Can someone cut and paste this or tell me how to srtart a new thread titled "Invitation to join us in word games"
I would also like BCC to take note that the games are still clunky and this part of the site is just not working as well as it could since the changeover. Such a crying shame. As it helps to unwind at the end of a hard day. val

Ladies, looks like there's lots to catch up on. Hope everyone is ok, especially hope those waiting or worrying get answers soon.

Thinking of you and I hope your weekends are going well xxx

Good to have you back Esha Ness. I read your post on another thread and delighted you are doing so well. Just wish you woud pop in more as I miss your posts. Good to see you back again. Love Val

Hi all Bone Mets mates
I have just put a post on Triple negs site by mistake in response to Vals messages.
Still trying to get my head around this maze !
Esha

AlexD Good to see you posting agian but really sorry to hear the devastating news about your sister. Just to say I am thinking abut you all and hope things improve for you both but realise that it is a poor result. Hugs.
Helen, I have nothing really to add abotu your worry but suggest you make an appointment to get it looked at. It may be something totally unrealated and just an infection that can be easily treated. When we have been bdagnosed with Bc we always expect the worse and sometimes that just isn't he case. Hope it is something easy to deal with an not a nasty.
I have been in all day and spent a lot of time resting and sleeping in bed. Felt very nauseous and am constipated so took a sachet of movicol and am about to take another. (sorry too much info but the first sachet helped and made me feel more comfortable). My Oh has been busy washing down wall in our old upstairs bedroom, scrubbing the carpet, took drawers apart and dusted all the surrounds and behind the units. Well it is all of his own making....he decided to buy a new bed in John Lewis and it gets delivered on Monday. He had moved out good newish bed downstairs to the downstairs bedroom for me after my op to save the climb upstairs so we are leaving that one in the downstairs bedroom now.I can use it in the day if I need a lie down for an hour. Plus we have another spare bedroom upstairs and there is the bed my daughter likes when she stays the night. So we will have a 3 bedded house again. Not had that since we had the two girls at home.
He ran my Yd to her friends. befoe she left she had popped in to see me and we had just had a meal with leftovers which she scoffed with delight and then had the added bonbus of getting a lift to her pal's flat nearby, but akward to get to by public transport. he had been bust ironing before he went out so I managed to stand and watch the iplayer on Tv watching Parade while I finished the shirts and blouses and managed to complete the task and put it all away for him coming back. Well he had been a busy boy. What would I do without him I do not know. He is so patient with me and doesn't complain. I am a lucky lady.
i am still worried about the chest xray and am going to make an appointment with My Gp and my dentist next week. I have something not right in my mouth and have been busy brushing and using mouthwash. But the problem is steil there after 2 /3 weeks so I need him to have a look incase it needs attended especially if I need to re-start chemo. if the xray finds anything I think I need to reconsider things and start the capecitabine sooner than I intented to.
Hope you are all having a peaceful or fun fuilled weekend depending on your health. Much love Val

Hi Helen

Sorry you are feeling worried, I am sure others will be along soon to share their thoughts and experiences but just wanted to say that it might be a good idea to call your medical team for their advice or call the Helpline on Monday, they're on 0808 800 6000.

Kind regards

Louise

Facilitator

Oh sorry also Helen - get yourself checked out and I hope it is something simple and benign like mastitist or whatever the human equivlent is. do let us now.
cyber hug Jacqui

Hi just catching up with this thread. Val your info about pills vs infusin is really helpful. i am so glad that I am not the only one hating taking the pills - this has really disrupted my mornings and I am rushing off to work with out eating. I take amitriptylne for nerve pain at night - waking up is a real chore as it is without missing my tea. Also now have to add omneprazole to my banquet of pills mid-morning to help with the stomach acid. May ask to try the infusions
Hope things are looking up for you - things do seem to pile up with this disease. I was so p***ed off to find that I had a couple of tumours in my left lung when the CT rresults came in.
Dawn you must be so excited to be able to go into granny mode - I have a new 5month old and she has just kept me going through this latest debacle.
This will probably sound so childish but I have to express this to someone - I am still dithering with regards to starting back on Tamoxifen. I find the though of going back to the night sweats, fluid retention, aching joints thinning hair and weight gain soooo depressing. Still I am sure that crumbling bones and flooded lungs are worse. Yes I know they will probably help to keep me alive but it was so wonderful when I stopped. Oh well for the sake of little Olive I had better get on with it . To nighs the night!!
thanks for for all your informative good humour - Jacqui

Hi all really hope you are ok val , I'm really scared wondered if anyone can help I woke up this morning and the breast I had lump in 2010 is very pink /red it feels quite hot am so scared this may be inflammatory bc can this happen ? Have been feeling pretty crap last few days feel like have flu like symptoms and aching joints which put down to arimodex I'm panicking like mad x

Hi everone,

I have not posted for about a month, my internet went down however it is now fixed. A lot has been happening on this thread. Val and LG I hope you are both feeling better, having BC can get you down sometimes. I think we sometimes underestimate the amount of emotional energy that we expend just to put on brave face.

Dawn good to hear that the babies are doing better.
My news is a mixed. My last bone scan and tumour markers show that I have remained stable. It is nearly 4 years since my secondary diagnosis. The bone scan report said that the hot spots were more avid and that this could be caused by the bone healing. Hooray for herceptin.
Last week my sister was diagnosed with secondary breast cancer in her lungs. Fluid has built up and it is malignant. Her primary dx was in 2005, she was 33. She had only recently been signed off by the oncologist. We have the same oncologist. I am absolutely heartbrokeon by her diagnosis, for some reason it is worse when it happens to another member of your family. She has 3 children aged, 12, 8 and 18 months. I think I feel so devastated for her because I know what it feels like to have a secondary BC diagnosis.
I am now going to do some therapeutic baking to try and lift my mood a bit.
AlexD

Na7asha - great news about the start date for chemo. What are you going to be on? It's like someone else said to you- it is doable.
I went into work today - I am hoping to return at the start of December. My boss was lovely and very understanding about me wanting to go part time.
Anyway hope everyone has a good weekend xx

Oh Val - one thing after another for you at the moment, isn't it? Don't be so hard on yourself and remember all the advice you give to us!!!! Hope you do get some sort of answer today and don't have the uncertainty of not knowing over the weekend. It's that awful waiting game. Big hugs xx

Goodness Val, cancer is a long twisty road isn't it. Hope you do hear back from them today and you get answers and a plan if you need one. Thinking of you xxx

I'm finally starting chemo, 24th so in just over a week. Apprehensive but keen as mustard to get on with it.

Roll on the weekend and love to all xxx

Hi Val,

Just wanted to say that I will be thinking of you. I do so hope you get answers today and that everything is ok.

Katie x

Oh Val, sorry you're still not feeling right. No point trying to second guess what, if anything, is up with your lung. As you and others on here frequently say it's the uncertainty rather than the knowing that is so unsettling. Hope you get an answer today and are not left wondering and worrying over the weekend. Needless to say, hope there is nothing seriously amiss. Best wishes x

Hi Girls, Good to have you back from your second Honeymoon Liz. Bet you wish you were still there!
Well I don't know what to think...I went to see my Oncologist. She asked me how I was. I explained that the hip replacement had gone well and scar healing beautifully but I felt low and everything I do seems such an effort. I didn't tel her I was swearing trying to get ready this morning as my OH has decided to move furniture around upstairs and everything I wanted was in the other room! I was running late so that didn't help! But I just feel narky more than usual!
She asked me how my chest was. I said fine. But I do feel puffed when doing things. I also told her that I wondered if my HB was ok as I needed a blood transfusion in hosp after op. It was 9.5 today and she said that was ok. I told her that I get frustrated as everything seems such and effort and I just cannot manage to do things and had to rely on my husband to do so much for me. That my head wanted to do stuff but I do not have the energy to start anything.
She sounded my chest and got the student doc to do the same. The student nurse thought she could hear sonmething in my lower lung. My Consultant said she thought I was not getting the full capacity in one of my lungs and sent me for an Xray. I had that done this morning. She will try to phone me with results today, if not it will be Monday.....I just did not expect that at all... She has delayed the chemo becaue when she asked me I told her I did not think I could cope with it right now because of lack of apetite etc. She she has put me on a 2 week course of steroids in the hope that it will improve my appetite and my mood too. Now I felt low enough before I went to see her but now I have a new worry to contend with. I do feel better for telling her about it all. Will keep in touch with you all over the weekend. Hope you all have a good one. Love V

Hi All,
Not been on for a while as we had our belated Honeymoon ! Had a lovely time in Italy .

Saying Hi to all the ladies i know on here and sending my very best wishes to the ones i have not seen before .

Going through the few weeks of ct's and bone scans so am having a real wooble. Sometimes i wish we did'nt have to have them as i am feeling pretty good at the mo and everytime i see the onc and have the tests i feel right back at the beginning of the diagnoses again. As my Husband says 'They are a neccesery evil' !! Think controling the brain is the biggest part for me. My friend has given me a huge bag of runnerbeans and a recipe for chutney!!! so hopefully that will keep me busy for a few hours Smiley Happy

hope everyone has a peaceful day
xx