Community Champion

Re: Bone mets - please join in

[ Edited ]

Thank you Silver,,,

i too am in pain,  tummy and arms etc....I found the hospice outreach team helpful..,think they re better t pain control, so will be askiing them

MOijan

@ moijan,

As i promised....over a week of 900mgs Gabapentin a day on top of Butec, Morphine sulphate....absolutely no pain relief.....I'm a bit concerned...seeing G.P. 2moro but she's an efficient pain-belittler so i'm not holding my breath.....I hate 'Max'!!!

Hi Moijan, how are you now? That;s really interesting from your radiologist, the ones doing my scans are lovely but secretive! Hope you're managing.

hugs Ramadexx

Community Champion

[ Edited ]

Yes very good luck with the mri....I now have them thre monthly...and the head radiologist once told me they can tell if the cancer is active....as if it is they see water around the cell in the mri....fingers crossedxx

Thanks Anne, yeh finger, toes and everything is crossed here 😁
Highlighted

Hi Silver, hope they’ve advised you what to do? Take care, Kxx

[ Edited ]

Hello to Kate21,Woman Happy

Many thx for being there

take care

silver..xx

Hello Zana It’s such a hard time. We all understand that. At least they are taking care to look closely. It’s horrible waiting for results but better that you know. Fingers crossed it’s all clear Anne x

Hi Anne, seems I’ve to get another MRI scan, so hopefully I’ll get more answers with that, thanks for your reply
Zana x

Hi Moijan, yip totally confused with that result, I thought the pet scan would show any cancer but seems not 😳

Thanks mermaid, yeh im starting to see that myself on here, gives you hope 🙂

Hi Nikki, and all you lovely ladies who replied, thank you it means a lot, just a wee quick update, the doctor was on the phone this morning and after speaking with his colleagues has decided it’s to risky to do the biopsy on my spine, instead there going to do another MRI focusing on that area, hopefully it will give us some answers and let me get moving forward to fight this horrible thing. All I seem to do is wait for scans and results, it’s so frustrating as I’m sure you will all know.

thanks again

Zana x

Community Champion

Hi angelSam

It's good that your GP is taking your worries seriously and referring you for an X-ray. I’d just like to say that I had a pain in my upper thigh (so a bit different from where yours is) and I asked for an investigation. The X-ray didn’t show any issues however (because I already had secondaries in my bones) I insisted on a CT scan which did show progression in my bone mets. An X-ray may not show up whether it’s something to do with bone mets or not so if you’re still unhappy afterwards you should push for a further investigation. A GP shouldn’t dismiss anyone who has already had BC as we (and they should) know it can come back many years after primary treatment.

Nicky x

Hi thank's for the replies and advice ☺. Had my appointment this evening, GP was quite thorough and had me doing all kinds of leg movements lol. She said she think it's to do with the hip . I mentioned the breast cancer and she agreed to send me for xray and take it from there. She has put my breast cancer history on the form. Hopefully it won't be anything sinister, but if it is, it is, and I'll deal with it. Xx

[ Edited ]

Hi Silver, I would definitely make a complaint. I don’t know if his secretary has the authority to open his private mail I’d say some do, but she should’ve then either waited for him, or contacted you herself and explained her position and asked you what you prefered her to do. I would agree it has been handled very poorly and while they may argue about the team” that wouldn’t wash with me. Kate x

[ Edited ]

Community Champion

[ Edited ]

Zana,,,so sorry.y

thatconfuses metoo..as pet scans use a radioactive sugar solution  which shows up the cancer

theysoak up the sugar..aas they love sugar..if a met doesn’t show up..I’m surprised.

also,, did you ask for a prognosis

?

that interest me too as they should only issue one IF you ask. They aslllo hhavve no way of knowing exactly anywayxxx

Community Champion

[ Edited ]

Thank you silversx

Hi Zana,
I was diagnosed with extensive bone mets 16 years after initial BC. My GP virtually told me to get my affairs in order! That was nearly 4 years ago and I have found from this site and several other forums in the USA that many many ladies live with this for a long long time and new treatments coming along quickly. X