Community Champion

Re: Bone mets - please join in

Bon.

I pushed myself and finished the ironing so now I get a lay on tomorrow! !

☺☺☺☺☺☺

Better set the alarm click Carolyn.

Ironing, whats that? I'm uncivilised.
Had onc appt today. Scans to follow but had a wonderful surprise, they've got a secondary breast care nurse now. Had long moaned about the gulf between primary and secondary care. She might even be starting a support group. No wait to see onc either. What will they think of next! (Once waited 2 hours)
Highlighted
Community Champion

Hello ladies. .how is everyone?

Well my hubby is brilliant around the house since i had this cancer thing apart from two things ..changing a duvet cover and ironing. ...
Today I'm sat at the dining table facing a huge pile of ironing ...he said " be careful and don't push yourself. ...just do half of it " ...☺☺☺

You can always get up a bit earlier tomorrow and do the other half ! Bless him.

Hugs xxx
Community Champion

Sarahlew, Great news on your scan! Congrats!

Anne, That's wonderful you were able to go back to work. I've only had one bone strengthening injection and had no problem with it. Mine is new and given differently. I only get it every 6 months. It last somehow for that long. I get it for osteoporosis. I have heard other ladies say they ache after it. 

FF

Hi Anne, definitely, almost like a heavy cold was coming on, without the sneezes! I found it got a bit easier after a few months though. Hope work is going well x

So pleased about your scan. That’s great news

Hi all
Great news you are back in work Anne - it's nice to get some sort of normality and sense of identity back that work can give. I remember feeling achy after first injection but no problem since. Some good news today scan is stable so to continue letrozole and repeat 3 months. Thinking of everyone having results today.
Best wishes sarah x

Hello All I hope your scans go well. I am back at work. Bit nerve wracking. The bone injection seems to have made me achy and a bit unwell. Is that normal? Hope you are all well and looking forward to the sunshine! 

Community Champion

[ Edited ]

Hi Tatiana

Good luck with your onc apptxx

Moijanx

Community Champion

Good luck with your onc appt Bonxx

sorry about all the symptoms

love and hugs,

Moijanx

Community Champion

Good luck with the scan Carolyn

😘moijan

Community Champion

Why didn't they send you for the MRI before the appointment !?!?  Grrrrrrr!! Maybe the support will give you some relief. You lucked out with the taxi service. Hope the tire is fixable. 

Good luck with tomorrows scan. 

FF

Community Champion

So ladies my hip physio appointment was today after waiting 4 months for ..we left nice and early this morning ..guess what ..flat tyre !! How did that happen. Anyway rung taxi firm and lucky had a car across the road at Costa Coffee so got to hospital on time !
Nothing magic though ..got a support thingy to go around hip and waiting for mri scan before they can do anymore! !
Tomorrow got ct scan early. ..phew no lazy week for me ...maybe next week. .

Xxx

That's so encouraging x

yeh, appointment free week for me too,first in ages.

love and hugs to everyone

Community Champion

Morning ladies, from a very cold and wet Hampshire. All the sun must have been concentrated into the far west over the weekend - not a glimmer here and me getting very cold ankles wearing ankle skimming jeans with slip on shoes whereas I should have had on my winter boots! Fingers crossed the weather improves as it should over the week. FF, isn’t it great that the weeks we look forward to and cheer about are the ones we don’t have any appointments for 😂😂. What the bloomin disease has done to our expectations! However it’s always good to know you didn’t need to go anywhere medical as I call it, including doctors, dentists, opticians - they all come under the same banner and it’s typical for me at least that I’ll have to go to one (or all of the above) on my week off from hospital appointments. Bring on the sun for you as well.

Anyway, hoping anyone getting results this week has good ones and everyone else has as few appointments or side effects as possible.

Take care all

Nicky x

Community Champion

Hi everyone! Just checking in to wish all a good week. I have my first week in months without a medical appointment. Wish I had off from work too. I could use a total break! I could use a beach day!

Hugs, FF

Community Champion

Hi Silverlining,

i have hand tremor in my left hand...think it’s likely due to the chemo.....I noticed it about 3-4 years ago when on Cape.

someone else  had mentioned sore fingers on palbociclib, I was later surprised to read that palbo can cause peripheral  neuropathy, so maybe that’s what the sore fingers are about

hugs

Moijan🤗

[ Edited ]

Hi Tatyana

Glad you enjoyed your weekend in Devon. We went to Cornwall for the day yesterday to watch daugher-in-law equestrian eventing. weather not so good there. She's 4 months pregnant but I guess it's ok, her mother did it and produced 3 children.

Good luck with your onc appointment. I've got one on Thursday. Have been having all kinds of symptoms but then I always do.

Bon xx