cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bone mets - please join in

Re: Bone mets - please join in

Carolyn, I just cannot sleep with the windows closed so have them open the whole time. I've got insect screens though otherwise I'd be bitten to death! Now, When I saw insect screens, It's Velcro and net (from fly screen queen! Really cheap but does the job.

Feels cooler tonight though!

A X

Oh Sharon, so sorry to hear your news, I'm not much use either as i don't know anything about liver mets treatment. Hopefully when you see onc she'll have a plan of what you can try.

Big hugs Andrea xxxx
Community Champion

Oh Sharon..I know its hard but hopefully the more experienced ladies here will be reading and will know of other treatments that they have had after the basic stuff you have had.
It's a long wait for you now to see oncologist ..pity as you need an urgent appointment and new treatment.
Honestly .what am I like ..not much help really but I will be thinking about you and send you hugs xxx

Another winge ..3 ladies I spoke to at hospice told me they only ever wait a week before ct results.i always seem to wait about 4.once it was about six.too stressful..sharonx

Carolyn.i went to hospice today and iv got mouth thrush again ..so the McMillan nurse wrote me prescription.and said my ct results were in .i asked her to tell me so it was just a brief description.but she spent 45mins with me .more than hosp does.my oncologist appt is 16th.so I will know more then.i have had fec.capecitabine and recently docetaxol as chemos.and I have had five years tamoxifen.11 months letrozole and am currently on examestane which obviously hasn't worked..i dont know what the next option is or if there is one..xxsharon..
Community Champion

Oh Sharon.
I'm so sorry to hear this as you have done the chemo recently too.
Is there another hormonal you can try ? Or what options do you have now ?
Has oncologist offered you other treatments or even a clinical trial with ibrance maybe.
Keep posting here ..we are all here to help as you must be feeling so downhearted .
Hope you have settled your daughter into her new flat and try not to over do things ..easy said I know.
Sending you mega hugs xxxxx

Hi all found out today that iv had progression in my liver Mets.normal bloods but Mets bigger and slight ascites.feel down .so obviously examastane hasn't helped me..😞 sharonx
Community Champion

Oh ff
The treatments don't help us with the heat do they ?
I like September too although the darker nights are a pain. Usually I sleep with the Windows open ....but once we have rain after heat .the mozzies are about and they love me ..num num!!!☺☺
Community Champion

Rainy, hot, and humid here! I think I'm ready for Autumn as long as it starts early and goes into winter. Not a fan of winter! Need to get out of here today! Going crazy!  FF

Community Champion

Well waffles ..then you must do what a girl must do and splash the cash and shop!! 👠👜👗
Enjoy it and hopefully you will get some nice things.
I hate August . Hate the wasps and mozzies . After heavy rain last night ..had to keep Windows shut as the little uggers love me at night.
Hugs xxx

Hi Carolyn,
Very muggy weather here and not very pleasant indoors, unless you have air conditioning. So , unfortunately, I'm forced to go out shopping today. Well that's my excuse anyway. 😁 xxx
Community Champion

Good morning all.
Hope everyone is ok and enjoying .....the rain wellies and brollies dragged into use again.
Looks like tumble drier will b overworked again and the holiday makers all look so glum ...
Hugs xxx

Highlighted
Community Champion

Hiya Barton.
Put the old stuff on gumtree ..inundated with replies . Put it all on too cheap I think. Tried to put a fair second hand price on.
Weather getting on my nerves as I was going to do a load of washing .never mind plants and grass need watering.
Hugs xx

Well, if it means you are happy Carolyn, I am happy to accept the blame!

Hugs.

Barton.x

Community Champion

Hiya ladies
Well up early this morning ..so already on my second cup of coffee ..sat on decking ..no Sun but warm .
Hope everyone is coping ..know a lot of you are feeling poorly but keep eating chocolate and cake ..it won't cure you but hey hoo ..makes u feel better.
Xx☺

Hallo Artygirl Even with all the technology available it seems there can always be uncertainty. I had a bone biopsy taken from my pelvis last autumn and was already on exemestane because of what was probably my problem. But then in June my onc just happened to mention that the biopsy results had not been all that conclusive. An MRI scan showed I also have something in my skull and a tumour in a really inaccesible place below my brain which might be bc or something else but they can't tell because a biopsy would be too invasive. So we live with uncertainty. Anyway I went to the Port Eliot festival in Cornwall this weekend and had a great time 

Hi jultz glad youv got a nice holiday in.you deserve it yes its lovely to get hair back whatever colour and form it comes back in..it makes you feel normal somehow..some people handle hair loss better than me...wish they could find new meds that dont cause this side effect...anyway glad youv had a nice break.daughter and baby moving out tomorrow so a busy week for us..xxsharon
Community Champion

Hi Barton.
Well I have impressed you .
I don't drink enough glad I'm not on cape ! Just not a thirsty person.
Hubs will cope with flat pack ..I just need ear plugs for the swearing !! Mind u its a lot to do ...large table and eight seater !! Bless him.
Just going to sell the old stuff now on gumtree.
It's your fault really ..loved your wooden stuff so much ..just had to have some new !!!
Xxxxx

Well done Carolyn, on several fronts: a.drinking a lot (really good for you!) and, b.buying new patio furniture (although I thought yours was lovely anyway), oh, and c.getting up late! A woman after my own heart!Smiley LOL

Hugs. Barton.x

PS if hubs is fed-up of putting flat pack together, I can give you the names of two different people who would do a good job for you.