Community Champion

Re: 2019

Stillhere, We mostly have red foxes, deer, turkeys, rabbits, hawks, owls lots of other birds. My favorite is the hummingbirds! We also see box turtles now and then. There are a lot of animals that I haven't seen on my property. Doesn't mean they aren't here. FF

FF, that is almost spooky! I have a pet pheasant too! We have a bird table outside the kitchen window and my restaurant has about 50 garden birds but Freddie has recently joined them. He is so tame now that I could almost hand feed him!

Im with you on nature bringing peace, we are lucky enough to live right in the country, have badgers, foxes, deer and beautiful barn owls living alongside us. Your place sounds beautiful. Hope your pheasant comes back soon!

Sorry for hijacking the post xx

Highlighted
Community Champion

Lovely sentiments stillhere. My motto, since being diagnosed with bone mets in 2008, is Carpe Diem - seize the day. The smallest of things can make the difference and I grab every opportunity to enjoy myself - and be selfish if necessary πŸ˜‰

Enjoy 2019 everyone, May it be a good year for us all.

Nicky xx

Wish each and everyone of us a happy wonderful new year with strength and courage to face whatever the future holds for us. Love and prayers to all!!

Still here also, flying by the seat of my pants mostly trying to carry on as normal but feeling very not normal. Coming up to my first year with bone mets.Heres to an optimistic new year everyone xxx
Community Champion

Still here, Very wise words! I find the simplest things make me happy and usually it's something to do with nature. The other day it was a pheasant on our back deck looking in our sliding door. I have never seen a pheasant at our house in the 30 years we have lived here. I couldn't believe she was right at that door. I didn't get a picture til she was running up the bank. 

Welcome 2019! Keep smiling ladies! FF

Community Champion

Lovely words still here

Yes we have to take a day at a time ...enjoy just one thing daily ..even if it's just kfc or a a Turkish delight !

Take care everyone xxxxxx

Thank you for your good wishes. I wish everyone strength for 2019. I will take your advice about happy days x

Wishing all my fellow travellers on this stony path a very happy New Year!! I'm not going to reminisce or dread the future but just keep on keeping on! Also going to look for a happy moment in each day....maybe whole happy days......hugs from stillhere xx