cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

stop feeling guilty, small rant (BENCHLAND)

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

Re: stop feeling guilty, small rant (BENCHLAND)

Yey!  Pink, patchwork, baby blanket didn't sell on Mr Futon's site so I listed it (without much hope, if I'm honest) on Etsy, at YD's suggestion. Nobody had even looked at it after several days, so I put the blanket away in a drawer and decided to try and sell it at the school Christmas Fair, with my other stuff. Surprise, surprise! Today I get an email to say someone has bought it!!  £5 donated to Macmillan in memory of my sisters.

It's parcelled up and waiting to go. Success! Smiley Happy

Two more get ups. Nearly there......

Community Champion

Portable bench what a brilliant idea haha especially when you can also have a muggatea hee hee x
As they say tomorrow is another day FF.....
How are the birdies JCJ?
Went into town with GD, never buy easter eggs so we went into a girly shop to look at earrings etc, we were in sooooo long shop assist kept asking if we were ok and could she help, the indecision of kiddiewinks!
We finally left with earrings woo hoo x x

Thanks a lot for the PM JCJ. I will be ordering one . Although a portable CBA bench is not really what I need.  I've spent the whole day sitting on the real one today.  I did get up with the intention of going to school but a good book and several muggateas got in the way.  Pre school floor will be done tomorrow!

I knew that staff would be in today and I like the school to myself when I'm cleaning it, so that was part of my reluctance to go.  Not sure, but hopefully no-one will be there tomorrow.

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

Just sent you a PM, FF, about the portable CBA bench! Smiley Tongue

Glad the big breakfast went well. 

Enjoy your floor polishing, and the lack of little people to mess it up again!!

Wow JCJ, so pleased to see your last post, I have been wondering about one of those kneeler/seat things for a while so if it's good enough for you, then it's good enough for me.  Hope Bob and Babs have more luck this year. Enjoy your trip to Dorset and the family catch up with your brother.  

Big Breakfast seems to have been a resounding success.  Never been done in the village before and the organisers didn't know what to expect, 10 people? 20 people? 30 people?  When we arrived there were no tables free so we had to wait.  We finally got a table and we waited a while and the children played outside in the park . Breakfast arrived and was absolutely delicious. Son cooked it, it was always going to be delicious.  And hot!  There was black pudding on the the menu as an optional extra, I've brought him up well!

Son estimated they had served about 75 to 85 people, they will have made quite a lot of money for their cause. Expenses to be deducted  but I'll bet they made a good amount. There's also a possibility of a Father's Day Big Breakfast to make more money for the cause.

Tomorrow, I will be cleaning the pre school floor.  It will be clean enough to eat your dinner off it when I'm finished.

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

Did the weeding - or some of it! Used my Christmas present for the first time: One of those seat/kneeler things with handles for hauling oneself up. Brilliant! And I've discovered its best use: sitting drinking tea! I now have my very own portable CBA bench. Lol.

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

Yippee! We three meet again! Smiley Happy Hubble Bubble toil & trouble Smiley Tongue or will it be 4? Hopefully!

Exciting news re Bobville! They are nest building again in the camera box. So happy. Thought we wouldn't see them this year. Let's just hope it's more successful this time.

We are off to Christchurch, Dorset, next Sunday for a week. OH saw a swanky uber expensive hotel there, recommended in his newspaper. I have persuaded him that a cottage would be more comfortable/relaxing (not to mention less than 1/3 of the price - not including meals!!)

Brother lives in Bournemouth, so he and his wife are going to visit us at the cottage on the Thursday evening. He's all that's left of my family - apart from nephews, neicrs, great ns & ns - and we very rarely see each other so (just at family funerals! Smiley Sad) so it will be nice to catch up.

Sherry cake in oven ready for next week. It's a traditional Easter holiday requisite in this household (and now YD's!). I'll put some in the shed when it's ready.

Lovely day today and I should be in the garden doing some much needed weeding, but Bob TV has me captivated!

20170402_141424.jpg

Community Champion

Am booked in woo hooSmiley Happy!!

Doing same as last year and staying Mon too, so shall be refreshed for our non stop talking and tea slurpingSmiley Happy!

Hope you enjoyed your huge breakfast and lots of money raised for kiddiewinkles playground, FF.

JCJ, are you going somewhere? a short break, just now? 

Poor birdiesSmiley Sad.

ED gave me various lipsticks that I had admired so have been trying a different colour every day, am kinda plummy today and was deep red yesterday hee hee, what will I be tomorrow??

Guernsey sounds good, never been there before.................

Have a secret, have never tasted cullen skink, what am I like??? hahaha xx

Ok , forget the recipe, you know I can't cook! Tins available in a better supermarket?  I took a guess and googled.  I could travel to that supermarket, I know where one is.   A fair few miles away but there will be other different things to try as well.  Or there's internet shopping, never done that before but there's always a first time Smiley Happy

Yes, you're right JCJ, my next term is 6 and 7, and break up on the  21st like you. I hope your robins found their chicks!

Off for a late breakfast (brunch?) tomorow. Son has organised (and is cooking) a "Big Breakfast"  in his village to raise funds for the children's play area which needs updating.  So I'll be fed and money will be raised . A win win situation. As my Son is cooking I know it will be good!

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

Cullen skink is delicious, FF, you can buy it in tins in the better supermarkets - although home made will be even nicer I'm sure. 

I'll have some cranachan too - sounds yummy- like very posh flapjack?

I expect our half terms will be the same as it's always around the bank holiday (and THE wedding this year) and we break up for the summer on 21st July. We have a 5 week (but 2 of those only 4 days due to training day and Spring Bank Holiday) and 7 week half terms left. I suppose yours will be a 6 and a 7?

Can't wait for the Easter holidays. I hope we have some decent weather.

So upset today: OH has been removing a large bush from the garden that has become too big (bush, not garden). It's been here since long before we arrived 33 years ago! As he was cutting it back, he realised, too late to do anything about it, that there was a robin's nest in it - with chicks in! :'(. He carefully put it in the adjacent hedge but we fear the worst. With the failure of Bobville last year, and the distinct absence of Bob (or Babs) since about November, and no sign of any activity in the box, it seems we're destined to baby bird failure. (If that even makes sense?! So tired!)

Community Champion

Woo hoo JCJ, you did itSmiley Happy, well done!!

It's not my poem FF......................cannot take the credit.............

Can't remember, is it toasted or roasted oatmeal??? You may enjoy it then?

Such a busy, busy day, have been all over the place, so feet up for the rest of the weekend, fingers crossed.

Did fit in haircut, woo hoo, hairdresser said my hair is def a lot thicker, soooooooooooooo no ta"poxy"fen has made a difference, being honest I didn't really notice, she said there is a huge change in texture, thickness  etc. Checking out "that" mirror today, wasn't too bad, think I was sooooooooo tired by that time my vision was blurred haha!!

Next week is scary GC every day apart from Fri, dentist for crown fitting and appt on Fri, meant to go out for tea but have had to cancel, can't really munch after dentist.............xx

Muggatea calling.............

Can I have cranachan without the oatmeal? Smiley Happy  More seriously I might have to google a recipe for cullen skink.  Sounds delicious.  MISSED HER!!  Just got the camera up and she disappeared!  Blast, my chance of fame gone Smiley Sad

Your next challenge JCJ?  Well, you're already in Scotland , so you could stay there but Guernsey might be warmer.  Your choice.  Yes, we're again a week earlier than you but we're also back a week earlier.  Day after Easter Monday and I suspect my Summer term will be longer than yours.Smiley Sad

Didn't realise you were a poet Katy, giving Burns a run for his money?  Perhaps, in time, there will be a Katy Night (with an address to the Teapot!)

Sorted out pre-school tonight, got it ready for a good clean on Monday.  HT will be there on Monday with her children in tow.  Respectfully asked that they stay out of pre-school room.  No, actually I TOLD her..... DO NOT let them into pre-school!  Then she gave me an Easter Egg, for all my hard work.  A 99p Easter Egg!  It's the thought that counts. I am not saying another word.

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

You're a week ahead of us again, FF. We don't break up for Easter until NEXT Friday! Smiley Sad

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

We're here!

images.jpg
Haggis-Tea-Towel-1.jpg

Thanks for the wonderful welcome. What a party!

https://youtu.be/YRi4rMjTgeQ

What shall I do for my next challenge? Loch Lomond: 24 miles, Loch Fyne: 25 miles or the coast of Guernsey: 30 miles? 

Community Champion

Whew, am sooooooooo hot have been dancing non stop and skirling the bagpipes for hours now, need a "wee" break.............may just jump in the Loch.

lum, Scottish chimney.

Cullen Skink, smoked haddock, tattie and onion soup.

Cranachan, oatmeal, whisky, honey, raspberries and lashings and lashings of cream.

Nessie JK Annand

Nessie the Loch Ness Monster

Wey seem to be gey blate

And doesna like the scientist cheils

That come, and sit, and wait

But gif ye want to see her

Pretend ye dinna care

Keek oot the corner o your ee

Ye'll see her soomin there

She'll wiggle-humphie-waggle

She'll goggle wi her een,

Syne disappear ablow the loch

Like she had never been

Can you see JCJ, yet???

FF, your spinning is spectacular as always, back to dancing again, hooch xx

I'm all set as well just waiting for Nessie and JCJ.  With a camera..... I want the first real photo of Nessie!  I shall be famous Smiley Happy

Got my bagpipes ready, I have been practising but I'm really not that good and my electric piano/keyboard doesn't do bagpipes!  I'm wearing my kilt (and underwear!) as I might end up twirling on my head after a few drams in celebration of JCJ's achievement.  Wherever  next?

Katy, I do know about neeps and tatties but please translate for us sassenachs - cullen skink? Cranachan? Strangely enough, I've been doing a crossword book lately that has had clues like "Scottish word for.....?." Fortunately they've been easy ones like "child" but "chimney" had me stumped.  I nearly came on here and asked you but the other clues filled it in. (And now I've forgotten it!)

Last day of term tomorrow, yay, today the last day of the boring routine cleaning.  Tomorrow I can get the school ready for next weeks thorough clean and then I can have a week off. YAY!

Community Champion

New shoes woo hooSmiley Happy!!

Forgot to say, binned the "squeaky" ones, driving me crazy...........

Understood the D***** one but was completely clueless regarding CT?? Now I know hahaha!

Think you have done really well JCJ, be proud of yourself, we are all proud of youSmiley Wink, you go girl.

Oh gosh just realised is this the big night??? Kilt on, bagpipes at the ready, cullen skink, haggis neep and tatties,  cranachan all on the banks, couple of hours to go, will we glimpse Nessie?? xx

The new trousers now call for new shoes. Oh heck,  hadn't thought about  that, maybe not such a bargain after all ......but new shoes?  Just call me Imelda.....

Oh dear, do I let you go on thinking you are right or do I 'fess up and say I actually meant D*m**t?  I did say not my usual type of catalogue and I love C****n T*****s......  I think I tried too hard to be cryptic Smiley Embarassed  Sorry!

Pleased that your lesson went reasonably well and that the class was recognised as being full of "ants". I was going to put something rather politically incorrect about canes and the return of but perhaps I'd better not!

School tonight having a maths course for parents so that they can help their children with their homework.  All well and good and a brilliant idea BUT it means teachers stay at school while I am there. Which means I can't turn on the i-pod, stick in the earphones and sing my head off whilst cleaning. Nor could I last night, two very quiet nights.  I need teachers to GO HOME! Smiley Happy

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

*otto* *rad***. There are the missing letters. Merge the two. Or think: sellers of a natural fabric. Smiley Happy They sell clothes predominantly, but not exclusively, made of that fabric, for men and women and some unisex. Lots of casual/outdoorsy stuff.

Ants were less antlike than usual. But I was told I should have been firmer with them. Observer should see what they are normally like! They were SO much better than usual. It was acknowledged that I had a big class of needy children ON MY OWN and that that is not ideal! She liked the lesson and how I'd organised it.

Not as good as I wanted it to be but much better than last time!  Smiley Indifferent Smiley Happy

So tired now. Splitting headache.