cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

stop feeling guilty, small rant (BENCHLAND)

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

Re: stop feeling guilty, small rant (BENCHLAND)

Had stomach pains this afternoon and felt slightly nauseous. I'm not sure if this was due to the peanut butter experiment or the (only very slightly greasy) fried egg I had with my gammon and pineapple and jacket potato last night at our staff pub meal. Fortunately it wasn't too painful and didn't last long, but I'll be very careful for the rest of the weekend. 

I'll hide the CBA bench tomorrow, FF, so you're not tempted (possibly under my own fat a**e?? Smiley Happy ) I've been on it a lot today as well as the Wimbledon bench. Disappointing ladies singles and mens doubles, but did you see the ladies doubles? Wow! What a match! Hingis was brilliant.

I'm now scouring t'internet for knitting patterns for (whispers) Christmas cushion covers. ES has gifted me a ma-hoo-ssive load of stuffing from his old sofa for my knitted toys. There's so much of it, it attacks me every time I open the cupboard, so I thought I'd make some cushions for my stall at the school you-know-what Fair. That should get rid of some of it. Just found a minion pattern - may have to knit that as well! Smiley Happy

Hi, JCJ (waves back).  Glad that you are as ok as you can be at the moment.  Hope the peanut butter hasn't had any adverse effects.  Your academy staff end of term "do" sounds awful, not surprised you all opted out.  I have not been invited to the end of term meal, just another reminder that I am no longer part of "the team".

Ok, so no skirt at MMU3 then, can't take the chance that you will faint Katy. 

The CBA bench was just so inviting this morning.  I stayed on it until the tennis bench took over this afternoon.  So..... no housework done, washing up left, carpets desperately need hoovering....do I care?  No not in the slightest!  As I am not a complete slob this will be rectified before the tennis starts tomorrow!

Community Champion

Forgot to thank you for the hugs, sending some back to you and it doesn't matter if you don't have much to say, you are missed xx

Community Champion

Oh gosh I didn't think about that JCJ, hopefully you are right, you have made feel a lot happier smileyhappy:!

Because you are in limbo you won't know what to do with yourself cause it's all dependent on a date, feel for you, how long does it take to recover???

FF, may possibly faint if you are wearing a skirt haha...........will have to keep a good hold of my chariot at all times.

Just waiting for YD to come home then it's packing time, she just came back from Holland a fortnight ago and is off to Ibiza in Aug, she had a phonecall last night asking if she wanted to go to Ireland in Oct so I'll be on that "worry" bench for a while yet haha!

Have not told anyone about my funny feelings it's more emotional, sentimental..................off to sit on the "what a drip" bench xx

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

Ooh, Katy, meant to say: your lido seems to be after less of a gap than last time(??) So maybe you will have less side effects this time? Your body hasn't had so long to get used to being without it? If not, you can at least be reassured that it will eventually help, after the initial yuckiness. <<hugs>>

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

I'm here FF! (Waves) Haven't had much to contribute lately. Been busy at school and with Wimbledon. Still waiting for my op date and being harassed by holiday company advertising by post and email. Yesterday, I received my first ever NHS postcard! Wow! What a good idea! Send out appointment times on a postcard! No, it was a reminder to fill in the *:"!-+£-%+ survey I got last week and which I've already done! Smiley Mad

I'm keeping the ickyness at bay, mostly, with my boring strict diet. Although, this morning I am living dangerously: I had peanut butter on my toast! Mmmmmm. Some people say nut fats are fine, but others say avoid ALL fat, so we'll see if I get away with it. So sick of sweet things on my toast and Marmite doesn't 'work' without butter/spread under it!

Staff end of term meal last night: 3rd in a row where I ate the only safe thing on the menu while they all ate 2 courses. (At least it wasn't 3 this time - not sure if the lack of starters was out of consideration for me!) I am going to be such a pain when I can finally actually CHOOSE from a menu - I'll want *all* of it! Smiley Happy

Our staff end of year do for the academy was a bring your own food and drink BBQ with "team games" = team sack races, egg and spoon, 3-legged race etc. £6. Everyone from our school gave THAT the thumbs down. I can think of nothing worse - and to have to PAY for it???!!  I hated the public humiliation of sports days when I was at school; that's one of the best benefits of being an adult - not having to do PE lessons or sports days anymore! (Although I do still have to teach/score for them!)

Rumour has it that those that went had a good time, so maybe it's just us lot being miserable? Now, if it was dancing a Nativity on ice, dressed as animals, that would have been different?! Smiley Tongue

Have a good weekend everyone!

It was quick thinking Katy but I don't think Senior Teacher was fooled for a moment.  However she has not said anything.  She knows the score!  Today I was there doing about 20 mins overtime, it all works out over the term.  Still haven't got all my supplies yet, just 7 days left now to get some cleaner/disinfectant which is what I use to clean everything.  I've been told that the deep clean/decorating that was planned is not happening.

This lot couldn't organise a **** up in a brewery.Smiley Tongue  Last Xmas was the first time they told me it would happen, then it was Easter, then Summer.  Now I'm told it will be Oct half-term but that won't happen as a week is not long enough.  Well, I shall do what I can (if the supplies turn up)!

Re your "lido",  ask them for something to help take away the yuckiness, they can only say no, but there might be something that can help.  Dark thoughts can grab us at the most surprising of times. I get them as well but try to put them aside, I am NEDDY so until someone tells me different I WILL put the dark thoughts aside!

Skirt at MMU3?  Only worn in a heatwave so depends on the weather forecast!

JCJ , where are you?  I hope you are ok.

Community Champion

Quick thinking FF, always keep a duster handy haha!!

Will there be a skirt at MMU3????

JCJ, hope mouth is working perfectly nowSmiley LOL!

Been on the "keeping busy" bench the last couple of days, not been anywhere but it was YD's birthday so had a house full and I have ironed, yes ironed, woo hoo!!

Having a leisurely day today...............so am firmly fixed to the "CBA" bench.

Have my "lido" next week and am feeling really uncomfortable because felt so yucky last time, mmmmmmmmm and all the carryon with the canula.........

Glad it's not just me, since bc know I am a calmer person but deal with stressful situations like a headless chicken, oh dear.............and just recently have been having dark thoughts, what 4 years later????

What is my brain up to???? xx

Is it bc that causes us to worry more about our kids, or is it the state that the world is in right now??  Probably both.  Thank goodness neither of mine have any great desire to leave the country but, yes, if they travel at all I need a text to say they have arrived safely.  But then I was the same pre bc. Only thing I know for sure is that I started out with two kids to worry about and now they've married and had kids of their own there's now ten of them!Smiley Tongue

Close shave at school today!  Arrived and was in my shed round the back when I heard teachers leaving. Muttered under my breath at their irresponsibilty in leaving the school open before they knew I was there but then thought one of them might have seen me through a window.  Well, school was remarkably clean and tidy (for a change)  and as I knew my son was coming over, I thought a quick flit round and leave a bit early would do.  Just doing my final walkaround to check windows and doors (15 mins early)  and who walks through the door?  My senior teacher!  She'd come back to check that I was there to lock up. Grabbed a cloth quick and polished some inside glass.  Phew.....left on time.  Yes, I know I'm naughty but sometimes when the school is a mess I do overtime.  Swings and roundabouts..........

I don't think I've actually got any more channels Katy, what I have got is usual channels in HD which I can't access at the moment because my tv is not connected to my router.  Need my son to tell me what wiring I need and to set it up for me but I forgot to ask him while he was here!  This was because my eldest grandson never stopped talking.  He's had his first Yr 6 puberty/sex talk today and he couldn't wait to tell me all about it.  His parents were cringing, mortified at some of the things he said to me. I agreed with him, answered his questions and found the whole thing very entertaining because of my son/daughter-in-law's attitude.  I don't think I'm supposed to know about these things! I'm still giggling now.

Off to watch some tennis now..I so wish Anderson had beaten Djockovic

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

I find I worry more about the 'kids' now - need them to text when they get home (both have 3 hour drives from our house). Thanks BC.

Just had my back tooth filled. White filling. Instantly hard, so technically I should be able to eat on it, BUT my face is numb on one side from forehead to chin including my ear, so it's going to be physically very difficult to eat without either burning or biting myself! I blame BC treatment for these cracked teeth too. I can see what's happened to my nails! And hair! Smiley Sad

Phew! Grumpy, that was a close call! I'm always paranoid about the wheels being put on properly which is why I've decided not to try to change a wheel myself but to call the RAC, if I ever get a flat - you would expect to be able to trust the professionals? Apparently not? Smiley Indifferent

Community Champion

Geez that was really good FF, so do you now have new channels? It's great when you get someone really helpfulSmiley Happy!

She's off to Bulgaria, no one has been before (family) so she is excited, I'm a worrywart.............especially when she says we'll make a code if things go wrong and get the number for the consulate etc...........she's freaking me out! I had to tell her to stop cause I really can't DO stress any longer, thank you bc?? Is everyone else like that? xx

Pressed something on the tv remote last night and the picture shrank. to a postcard size in the middle of the screen.  Aaagh!  Have spent nearly all day trying to alter it.  Discovered it was not the tv as it was fine on Freeview but tiny on Sky.  Have phoned Sky several times only to get the recorded message "we are experiencing a high volume of calls and it will be a while before we get to your call"  or words to that effect. Didn't hang on as thought I would be charged for the call.  Called again just before 11 pm and got straight through to a lovely young man (well, he sounded young).  He told me which two buttons to press on the remote and.........hey presto......picture back to full size.  So easy when you know how!  

He then proceeded to give me a free upgrade on the channels I receive and full HD tv,  free for a year as an apology for my trouble Smiley Happy  All I've got to do now is remember to cancel it next year before they start charging me for it.  Obviously their plan is that I won't want to cancel it as I like it too much but they do not take my Yorkshire upbringing into account!  

That's been the story of my day really, fiddled about with the tv, went to work, came home again, watched tennis.......oh I was so willing Anderson on.  Maybe tomorrow............is Djokovic a real person or a robot??

Where is your daughter going Katy? I hope she has a lovely, uneventful time.

Community Champion

Good grief how frightening!!! Thank goodness for the lorry driver............

Hope you enjoyed your trip, safely this time.

So you are on the "arthur" bench too, is it amitriptline for that as well?

Have been on the "YD says she wants another hol" bench sooooooooooo she has been around all the travel agents in town looking for a bargain and I have been on the internet, she got the best dealSmiley Happy!

She leaves on Sun so will be back on the "worry" bench soon xx

Flippin' heck Grumpy, really scary!  So glad that both you (especially you) and van are ok.  Thank goodness for the lorry driver that waved you down!

Son has problem with his new car again, windows (electric) on passenger side are not working.  As one is half down he has clingfilm covering it to keep the rain out.  It's still under warranty so he'll get it sorted but it means he'll be without it again.  Makes getting to work difficult for him though.

Don't worry Katy, I have no urge to spin.  As to whether you'll see me in a skirt at MMU3, it all depends on the weather forecast!

Both children and their families descended on me today.  They gave me 10 minutes notice so it was a very quick tidy up/childproof the house/move the ornaments/scissors/cross stitch/ everything else that they are not allowed to touch out of the way. Son and daughter are obviously communicating about meeting up at my house (halfway between them)  but I wish they they would tell me earlier,so I could be ready for them.  

I had very scarey car journey ...... driving home from rheumatology appt (not rheum Arthur, very early osteo thank goodness) a lorry driver waved me down. Back wheel coming off!!!!! Got van off road, got bus home, garage did the rescue thing and told me that none of the rear wheel nuts had been tightened up NEGLIGENCE IN SPADES. Dealer has been super apologetic and will be getting an invoice........ and I drove 100 miles up motorway with loose wheels!

Anyhow all sorted now and dogs had their first trip in the new van today.

Grumpy

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

I find a skirt cooler, for work, in the summer - though I usually wear long shorts (knee length) at home.

I hope we'll see this amazing spectacle at MMU3 (FF in a skirt - NOT FF head spinning in afore mentioned....  Just saw KTC's post! Smiley Tongue)

If you decide you don't want to wear it after all, just return it to the charity shop and look on it as a double donation to charity - that's how I justify inappropriate spontaneous charity shop purchases! Smiley Happy Or turn it into cushion covers?

Community Champion

Woo hoo FF a skirt??? Woweeee !! Please do not have the urge to spin.................

GD with me at the moment, we are going into town as I have forgotten to buy the cards I needed, grrrrrrrrr, they were noted on my post its, sooooooooooooooo still also searching for my marbles...........had a deliciously lovely cake, lemon icing lemon curd bun type thing, didn't have my glasses on and thought it was a doughnut??? so there are some in the shed for all but low fat ones for JCJ xx

Ah, lucky you JCJ. We break up on the 21st July but then there are two days with the teachers in.  Teachers back in on the the 1st Sept and the children on the 3rd.  My hols start on the 10th August and I'm counting down the days.  Cleaning over the holidays is very much up in the air at the moment as we are supposed to have a firm coming in to do a deep clean and then another firm to re-paint everywhere.  However no-one seems to know what actually is happening or when and I don't know what I am supposed to do.  I expect someone will tell me eventually.

Today I have completely lost the plot.  I have bought a skirt.  A SKIRT!  Me?  I don't wear skirts...............but this one I noticed when I was looking for trousers on Tuesday.  I loved the material and the colour but I resisted it as I don't wear skirts.  But it stayed with me and today I just had to go and see if it was still there.  It was so I bought it and I am wearing it now. Only £3.50, a charity shop bargain.

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

And if it's not letters disguising themselves as hospital appointments, it's holiday brochures! 3 have arrived in the last 2 days! Smiley Sad

Community Champion

Aaaaaaaaaaargh those letters!! Not so good when you are in limbo and want to book holsSmiley Sad!

FF, fab you hopefully will have ALL your supplies soon.

Our kiddiewinkles are all off now and return when we are on our way to MMU3.

I also love bargains and bought 10 pairs of pants and a new bra from that shop where everyone buys their underwear £9.60 woo hoo!!

Still hate bras.............none comfy at all xx

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

Survey about access to GP/dentist/other NHS services when GP not available. Nothing to do with surgery/hospitals. I did it online.

We break up on 17th July and go back on 7th Sept. 4th Sept should be a training day, but we're doing the training as twilights to avoid cutting into the last week. Warwickshire usually has 6 week summers but we work an extra day a year and get them back as an extra week of holiday every 5 years! :-)

"They" do it just to aggravate us JCJ.  Fill it in and express your displeasure. Tennis........wow Heather, so close!  I couldn't watch!  7 weeks JCJ?  When do you break up/go back?  I've only got 5 weeks and two days without children/teachers in school. I  have three weeks holiday booked and I am so looking forward to that.

So..... temp. admin. person tells me that she has persuaded the powers that be to order the items that I need from the supplier that I specified.  She is a star!  Still not holding my breath though, I will believe it when the order arrives..  

TGIF. Have a good weekend everyone

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

Driving home I was convinced *the* letter would have come today. Got in. Letter on the table "for addressee only" from - I misread: "patient services". YES! AT LAST! Finally, I can book a holiday at some point in the 7 weeks we're not at school. Opened it. ARRRRGGGHHHH! It is a patient survey. WHY do they do this to me? Smiley Mad

Consoled myself with fat free fruit cake and a mugatea, and turned the tennis on. Smiley Happy

Tuesday - so hot I melted.  Wednesday - cooler but still too hot. Today I got up, dressed for the hot weather and then had to change 'cos I was cold!  This morning was cold and rainy but it is back to sunshine now and temp. is just right at the moment.

I went out Tuesday am in search of lightweight trousers.  Found two pairs in charity shops, cost me £7.50 and I only need to shorten one pair.  Bargain!  I do like a bargain.

School?  Well, yes, I had my interview with Senior Teacher and was then assured that my order would go through. That was 23rd June.  (Bear in mind next day delivery is possible!). I gave them catalogue numbers and quantities and descriptions. "They" have seen fit to alter the supplier and change my order.  So.....I have only got some of what I need.  The school's temp. admin. person has taken up the challenge to get the rest of the order but I am not holding my breath at this stage of the term.  I am now past caring.   I have everything I need to last until the end of term, so the children will not be affected.  But will I have anything to clean with in the holidays?????

Yes, I'll be driving to MMU3.  Having done the train (MMU1)  and driven (MMU2) I now know which I prefer.  I might break the journey at Chester again on the way up, haven't decided yet.

Community Champion

38 woweee!!

We are now just sticky hot, no sunshine whatsoever..........

Mum asked if I wanted a chest of drawers sooooooooo this morning have been trying to figure out where to put it, too big for original space???? oh no, but have finally managed to squeeze it into a cupboard which meant moving lots and lots of things!!!! Soooooooooo a supposed 10 mins job took about 3 hours BUT I love the tidiness of it all so am on the " happy, tidy" bench!

Don't have to go out today, after all that I am so glad, hee hee xx

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

Can I have some of your rain, Katy? B****y hot here! 38 ° in my car driving home. Melting!! We'll suffer trying to teach in the heat then as soon as we break up summer will be over. Smiley Sad

Community Champion

Gosh been busy and will need to go to the "zzzzzzzzz" bench soon, had GS who was shouting and laughing for ages so that meant I had to do the sameSmiley Happy!

Our sunshine has lasted for about 3 hours so am supremely jealous of everyone else now RAINING, grrrrrrrr!

Enjoy the tennis girls xx

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

*Proper* green tennis. Yay! Scratch dinners for the next fortnight - low fat of course. Smiley Happy

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

Nah. Blame it on the Tamoxifen - tiredness a known side effect, (and let's  face it, we blame everything else on that?! Smiley Tongue) especially combined with amytriptiline!

School trip to WSM went well. Kids loved it. Staff were completely exhausted. 7 of the children went down with chicken pox on the way home - but they must have been incubating it for a while before hand.  

It was our school summer fayre on Saturday, too. Not good timing!  I was on the tombola stall. I had donated a knitted cow for it (as you do?! Smiley Happy) which, against all odds, I proceeded to win back again! Ah well more stock for my Christmas Fair stall?!

Three more weeks to stagger through. Still no op date, so still can't book any holidays. Smiley Sad

Right, so I'm just a lazy cow........

grumpy

Community Champion

Brain cells refreshed for the moment!!

What is wrong with the weather?? We are having torrential rain here, just awful!

Been along to railway station and have booked tickets for MMU3, soooooooooo all excited, will be arriving at 4pm instead of 5pm, woo hoo!!! Really looking forward to seeing you all xx

Are you driving FF?

Community Champion

That is a long day...............never mind you maybe able to have fish and chips at MMU3, JCJ.

Woo hoo new vanSmiley Happy, grumpy!!!

Am firmly on the "new technology what am I doing????" bench, fingers crossed I am in the right place now!!

Geez feels as though I've been fiddling around for ages.

Just away to have a muggatea and watch something inane on tv, what left I have of brain cells needs a rest' a loooooooooooooong one xx

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

Grumpy, exciting times with your new van! Smiley Happy

My OH takes his amytriptiline at bed time (one of his symptoms was night time panic attacks) so I can't say if it makes him sleepy or not - but he does seem to go off to sleep very quickly - snoring within minutes!! 

Watching the tennis from Eastbourne, this afternoon, I could hear the seagulls. Made me really wish I could go to the seaside NOW. All the small people from our school are going on a trip to the seaside on Friday - Weston Super Mare - because many of them have never seen the sea! Unfortunately, the weather forecast is for heavy rain the whole time they will be there. Let's hope that's wrong because they have buckets and spades booked, fish and Chips ordered and deckchairs (for the adults) reserved. I'm not going with them - have to cover classes with the older children, and it's too long a day for me these days anyway. Smiley Sad They are leaving school at 8am, returning around 6pm.

Got my new (unconverted) van today HURRAY.

BUT the handbook is all in Japanese..... so I shall have to go ont'internet to see if I can locate and English version.

And weekend will be spent making slip covers for the seats (dog-resistant) and storage boxes for under the seats. WHEW!!!

Is everyone OK? I've lost track of who is doing what and when and where......

PS does amytriptiline make people sleepy or am I just a lazy cow?

grumpy

Community Champion

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaah JCJ, you must have been doing tummy twirls............hopefully soon, so you can be NORMAL again.

Yucky day here, so am glad I don't really have to go out.........

Were you bossy FF about your supplies?

Received my Lynn garments, well part of them? I don't get why it's such an ordeal when you order, soooooooo annoying haha xx

The Elgin Marbles??  JCJ- sorry your text wasn't an op date.  You must be desperate to get it over and done with.

Both to feel better and to enjoy some of your favourite foods again.  I can't begin to imagine how it must be to be so restricted in what to eat

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

Received a text message from 'NHS Do Not Reply' as I was leaving school. So nervous/excited I could barely open the boot of my car to put all my bags down so I could read it. I was convinced it would be my op date, at last. But, no, it was just a message saying who my named GP is at my local surgery (I'm guessing my previous GP has left, or something) but that I could continue to see any of the GPs at the practice. Arggghhh. Smiley Mad

That was after a stressful day teaching Y6 this - who have done their tests and had their residential and are ready to leave, so not inclined to do any more work - all morning; marking all lunchtime then teaching PE to the class from hell this pm, followed by another hour marking.

Marbles? Remind me. What are they? Smiley Tongue

Community Champion

Must have been something to do with your spectacular dance moves FF???

You know that you cant resist!!

About to pop into town............. when I get off the "CBA" bench, need some of your energy.Who has all the spoons??? Are they near the missing marbles?? xx

Being 9 years old takes its toll!  I am feeling the effects of my exertions yesterday. On the "achey" bench today. And I have a spectacular bruise on my knee!  Don't know how that happened.

Community Champion

That sounds like a fabulous fun day FF, where do you get the energy????

Am totally on the "CBA" bench might pop over to the "zzzzzzz" bench in a while............xx

So glad that you and your GD had a good time. Good to know that Rita's is still there.  I'm already looking forward to the breakfasts there and I don't eat breakfast at home.  Can't face food until I've been up quite a while usually.  Must be the sea air...........or the company.

Talking of sea air, I've had a great time at the beach today.  I decided I was going to be one of the kids today, so I've played football, frisbee and cricket, built sandcastles, buried children (only up to the neck), paddled (and got wetter than I bargained for......thanks GS).  Soon dried off in the sun.  Fish 'n' chips 'n' ice cream.  A brilliant day, I don't often get the chance to be 9 years old!Smiley Very Happy  However..........I'm exhausted!!!  

Yes, JCJ, I have got an Executive Head but I will try the formal route with my Senior Teacher first.  She has been sympathetic to my complaints before so I will give her the chance to fix this before I go over her head. Just putting it in writing will make it a more serious matter.  I will mention Health and Safety though, thanks for that suggestion.  I have enough supplies to last until the end of term so the children won't be affected and that is all that bothers me.  I put the order in now because I anticipated trouble.  

Community Champion

Home too,woo hooSmiley Happy!!

GD really, really loved it and wished we had just stayed instead of going to L. She loved Rita's, the chippie, the beach, the rocks and most favourite of all the Splash Park!!! Was sooooooooo pleased she enjoyed M, now she knows where Nannie meets the ladies and she wants to go back haha, JCJ what have you started???

Gosh fighting for cleaning supplies??? That's terrible FF and yet there would be lots of complaints if things were not up to scratch, you tell them!

JCJ, we're not going to recognise you, skinny jeans, WOW!!! Hope you are doing ok.

Came home to new laptop not connecting to the internet soooooooooooooooooooooo mad, have to take it in on Mon..............so to cheer myself up have just ordered a curry, yum yum xx

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

'twas a good match, FF. Which is more than can be said for the next one. I hate those matches that are just a battle of the serves.

School sounds hideous. Do you have an executive head over both schools? Maybe you should put your concerns, in writing, to him/her - perhaps stress the health & safety angle? That should put the wind up?  Our caretaker left not long after we became part of an academy and it's been really hard to replace her. In the end, after 2 rounds of advertising/interviews they have appointed 2 current members of staff to share the job!!

Oooh I wish I lived nearer to the sea - sooo jealous of your planned Saturday - especially the fish & chips Smiley Sad and the fact that the weather forecast for here tomorrow is rain.

School did takeaway bacon and/or sausage rolls for dads and grandads this morning, for fathers' day. There were lots left over, so we were all invited to go and have some - (taking it in turns to cover the classes - kids weren't having any!!) Boo hoo! Yet again I had to decline! Mind you, I actually now own a pair of Tu (other supermarket clothes ranges are available) jeans that say "skinny" in them! Imagine! Me! Skinny! Smiley Very Happy

Shhh! I know it refers to the shape of the leg - don't spoil it! Smiley Tongue

I've just looked at the final scores and Andy has won!  Phew!  Now I'll go and watch the match.

Glad that you are home safely and even more so that your meds are keeping you pain free.  An hour for insurance?  That must be some sort of record!

MMU3 dates are arrive 18th and depart 20th August.  Looking forward to seeing you (and Meg and Joey of course!)  

I'm not watching the tennis but I have just got in from work and looked at the scores.   Andy is giving me a heart attack, one game away from losing........ah he's just leveled it at one set all.

School is still driving me mad.  Trying to order supplies is ridiculous, they keep telling me different things to do.  Latest was "fill in this requisition form whenever you want something, we'll get it next day delivery"  I filled in the form yesterday, left it on the office desk, enquired about it today (as things keep getting lost/forgotten/changed/crossed off!).  I was told by our temp. Admin lady "l've sent it to "other school in the partnership for authorisation".  Then she said that 'other school' told her two days ago that there was no more money left in the kitty and there should be no more orders put in until next term.

I was so cross that I *flew* round the school, got it lovely and clean and left early!  If I don't get this order there will not be a lot of cleaning done over the summer holidays!  There won't be anything to clean with!   Do I care?   No, not now that I've got home and calmed down.  The only thing that I care about is that it makes me look incompetant and THAT I am NOT!

I have repeatedly moaned/groaned/grumbled/complained about difficulties with orders to my Senior Teacher (especially when we ran out of toilet rolls and paper towels).  I think I shall put my concerns in writing over the weekend and then request a formal interview with her next week.  Just talking to her is not getting me anywhere.  This now needs to be documented, addressed and fixed. 

I'm going to sit on the "weather is beautiful, weekend has started, just chill" bench.  Off to the beach tomorrow with grandchildren, paddling to do, sandcastles to build, fish 'n chips and ice creams to eat and tennis to watch later.  What else could I possibly want?

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

18th to 20th August, Grumpy. Great news about your continued reduced pain. I bet you are planning lots of holidays in your new van? Smiley Happy

Home at last!!!!! Meg is worn out with puppy supervision, and Joey wants one of his own for playing with..... no chance son!

Meds still working HURRAY no pain in boobs, and the joint pain is not as bad, seeing rheumatologist soon for the full monte.

New van ready for next week so just spent ONE WHOLE HOUR on the phone to the insurers to get everything sorted out DEEP JOY.

I've lost the dates for MMU3 help someone please.

love to all

grumpy

Community Champion

Sounds like we are going on a night train we are not oops still getting used to this phone x x
Community Champion

Well spoke too soon as it rained next day haha GD loved M we are now in the city along the road from M and off home tomorrow so early night trains to catch etc!
JCJ a big mouth NEVER what is that dentist talking about? ? Xx
JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

Glad M is behaving itself, and you are having a goood time, KTC.  FF - be careful doing that head spinning if you have so much less padding! Smiley Happy G, I hope your new meds are still keeping the pain under control?

Pre-op went Ok yesterday. I was given the form I'd already filled in, 4 weeks ago. When I said I'd already done it, the recetionist said "Oh you're here to see the doctor?" "Apparently so!" I then sat in the day surgery unit waiting room for 1 1/2 hours, by which time it was full of people coming in for their surgery, so I was worried I was there unnecessarily. Just as I got up to ask at the desk how much longer, my name was called to see Dr. She was the surgeon's junior doctor and she asked all the same Qs I'd already answered - to both the surgeon and nurse, before! She said the delay was because they had been trying to contact the breast team (aha! So somebody's actually read my notes?! Smiley Happy ) I have to stop Tamoxifen for a week before and a week after surgery and I will need a blood thinning injection into my stomach before the op and the day after, to reduce the risk of blood clotting, which is increased by Tamoxifen (but not daily, for a month, like I had to do to myself after WLE/SNB!) They have no idea of when it will be, except it HAS to be within 18 weeks of booking date (20th May), which means it will be done by mid-October, at the latest. Fixed by Christmas then! I can already taste those mince pies, Christmas pudding and turkey and sausagemeat stuffing sandwhiches. Smiley Very Happy

Dentist today easier than expected. I have just chipped off a bit of the enamel and exposed the sharp edge of the metal filling. My tongue has a big ulcer on it, from catching on this sharp edge, so it will be sore for a day or 2, but at least he has sanded off the rough edge so it's already much less painful. Appointment booked for 7th July to have a filling put in. "I'll climb in and put a filling in, if you'll hold my feet." Charming?! You saying I've got a big mouth??! Smiley Tongue