cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

stop feeling guilty, small rant (BENCHLAND)

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

Re: stop feeling guilty, small rant (BENCHLAND)

You won't "proper chat" tomorrow, grumpy, only "proper read". Tomorrow is Thursday and BCC is working on the forum/website. Hope you had a good holiday, despite the midges, and that Hold a did her stuff! Smiley Happy

Back from hols - rather damp due to rain, and rather spotty due to midges on steroids. I think there must be training camps for kamikaze midges in Scotland, considering I was slathered in 'stuff'.....

Washer on, emails nearly all done, Joey happy to be home and Meg sucking her blankey, so early night methinks.

Proper chat tomorrow.

grumpy

Moved:

Yes, got the e-mail.  Nothing wrong with 10.40 when you're on holiday Smiley Happy  Glad you are enjoying your time away.

Hope nothing else goes wrong/breaks Katy.  Surely it can't be catching!

It hasn't rained here all day........that's a first for a whileSmiley Happy  It's not all that warm though.

Went to school today and found two of those cards that tell you that a delivery was attempted  but no-one there.  One for Friday ,one for yesterday.  Yep, that would be my cleaning supplies then.  I knew that would happen.  I have tried to e-mail my ST but I had to delete the first and second attempts before sending as far too strongly worded.  I shall hand write a draft and then type and send.  Or, second thoughts, maybe I won't..............

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

Girls! Girls! Did you get the email? Forum is changing again. One log in for website and forum, but it means you can't post, only read, on Thursday. Just so you don't think it's you/your laptop/computer/device!! Smiley Happy

Yes m'lud, I plead guilty: 10:40am, but there were extenuating circumstances I'd like you to take into account: 2-hourly Ta'poxy'fen waking up for the previous 3 nights and still wide awake (see previous post for proof!) at 2:30am this morning!

There's been a few showers today, but we had a lovely stroll around beautiful gardens at a nearby place, in glorious sunshine!! We even had a picnic on a bench overlooking the River Wye. The rain stopped by the time we left the cottage and only started again when we got back in. Smiley Happy See: sometimes it helps to be a lazy layabout???! Smiley Tongue

Community Champion

10.40??????????

Wowee!!

Is that just you JCJ or is it everyone who has an op? xx

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

Apparently, Katy, Ta'poxy'fen increases the risk of blood clots, so I have to stop taking it for a week before and a week after op. I also have to have a blood thinning injection the day before the op and after it - but not, it seems, for 28 days like after my "boob job"! 

Drier today with some sun! But the people upstairs left yesterday so there was no herd of elephants stampeding about to wake me up. Slept in until 10:40am! Whoops! Soddit I'm on holiday! Smiley Very Happy

Community Champion

Ta"poxy"fen free, woo hoo!!

Why do you have to stop?

Must be the time for giant cakes, scones etc.............probably done to cheer us up after the most atrocious summer EVER???

YD home safe and sound, she really enjoyed it and has come home with money, that's a first.

Off into town later, wii is broken, oh dear and GD loves playing with me so will have to purchase another, just going to buy a secondhand one, our old laptop also gave up too, grrrrrrrrrrr, hope all the stuff that happened to you earlier FF isn't catchingSmiley Frustrated

It's not raining here YET! xx

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

Starting my fortnight Ta'poxy'fen "holiday". So excited (not)! Actually, more nervous. Feels a bit scary to not be taking it! I wonder what state I'll be in this time next week - not lying awake worrying about the op any more anyway?! 

Wet day again today, on and off, so we spent hours in a couple of the many bookshops in Hay. I got the 2nd(?) Maureen Lipman autobiography and spent most of the evening reading it. Laughed out loud at some of it! Smiley Happy. We also visited a tea room and I had the most enormous " giant teacake" I've ever seen - no butter, jam instead. OH had to help me finish it, after he'd devoured 2 pieces of bara birth and a welshcake (yum)

Community Champion

Sooooooooooo glad you had a lovely day with your sister JCJ, and good to hear she is slowly recovering, also brilliant you had some sunshine.

FF, you have been shredding for months haha!!! 

Good luck with your gutters.

The weather is rotten here and have been tempted to put the heating on, how sad is that????

Had both grandchildren for a while yesterday and laughed non stop, GS is having little bits of real food now and ate a strawberry yesterday, he was soooooooooo excited, could hardly get the spoon in his mouth quick enough, I could barely see his mouth cause the tears were pouring down my face, he likes food then???? haha!

YD back tonight xx

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

Arrived at cottage yesterday after driving FOREVER - OH didn't want to use the motorway or go through the middle of the biggest city in the Midlands, so we went a wierd route! It rained ALL day and was freezing. 

Today, however, we woke up to lovely sunshine which stayed all day. Sister and B-I-L came for lunch and we were able to sit outside afterwards, which was lovely. After they left, we went for a walk, following a route printout given us by our landlady. Everywhere was very overgrown and we completely lost the path at one point and had to backtrack to a road and come back that way. There is beautiful, scenic countryside around here and the weather was glorious: sunny, but not too hot for walking. Cooked a quick pasta and sauce (out of a jar!) when we got back, much later than expected, and I shall be on the knackered bench for the rest of the evening! 

Rain forecast for the next few days. Smiley Sad I expect I'll be on the kindle (other ereaders...)  or knitting bench. Smiley Happy

By the way, sister isn't taller, though she has lost a lot of weight (brother has always been v. thin - he grew upwards as we 3 girls grew outwards! Smiley Tongue) Her hair has still not grown back, and she's had to increase her anti rejection meds, temporarily, but she's doing OK, and it was lovely to see her. Smiley Happy

Happy that your ED is almost back to normal.  Must be a great relief to you.

Had a day off from school today and it's been lovely but absolutely foul weather. Cold, dark and it's rained all day, raining when I woke up and it's just stopped now. Typical weather for the start of the holidays!  Went up to town and discovered that waterproof coat is no longer waterproof (probably because I've washed it twice).  I will be giving it another wash and then buying a spray can of waterproofer.  Also discovered that my gutters are blocked because of the waterfall onto my conservatory roof.  Another job for my son-in law. He'll be so happy!  Son is of no use whatsoever when it comes to climbing ladders, he just can't go above 5 ft from the ground.

I'm still shredding, have finally got done all the paperwork from when I was self employed (by law it has to be kept for 7 years).  All gone now, part of my life completely erased.  Keeping everything became normal and I've got paperwork that dates back 6 years, I don't need it, so that is next on the shredding list.

Community Champion

That all sounds yummy JCJ, have a fabulous holidaySmiley Happy!

Agree with FF, just wait and see how you go after op.

FF you'll be sooooooooooo happy when you are finally off and not have to think about the messes others make.....................grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

ED was up at hospital today to check on tummy muscles, not completely back to normal but almost so that's great news, a woo hoo moment! xx

Totally forgot to say enjoy your holiday JCJ.  Hope the weather is good!

Whoa, plenty of time to phone Madlands.  I wouldn't go cancelling it yet.  You'll need to be careful after the op to see what does or doesn't agree with you.  And the last thing you want is to feel rough at MMU3.  I'm sure they could cope with a few days notice. I prefer your friend's version to your colleague's too, hopefully it will be that way for you.  If you spent £90 on food for your holiday that is most definitely a saving Smiley Happy

Went to school..........I didn't know whether to laugh or cry!  Teachers left it in a complete mess.  Every table, chair and other flat surface including floor was covered in books, papers, equipment etc.  I know I said that I wasn't going to clear it up but I've had to.  That took all my time today so no cleaning got done.  When I have cleaned I shall put everything back as they left it!!!  Petty?  Well sort of but I don't know where they want everything and I've got to put it somewhereSmiley Tongue

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

Yesterday, I made a list of all the meals we will have next week at the cottage. Just been to S............s and bought all the food - including prawns, smoked salmon and bags of ready done leaves for a yummy salad with sis & BIL on Sat. Went a bit mad and spent over £90!! Still, if we're not eating takeaway or pub meals, I suppose it's actually a saving! Smiley Happy

I told OH that next holiday we're eating out or having takeaway EVERY night! Smiley Very Happy

Had coffee with a friend this am who has had her gall bladder out. She said, after initial nervousness, she was able to eat normally more-or-less straight away! I like her version better than a colleague who says she still gets pain if she eats certain things! Don't know whether to phone The Madlands and cancel the low fat platter board or stick with it to be on the safe side.

So today I put in 4 hours of the hardest work I have done since the Easter holidays, I've been sitting on the knackered bench for the last few hours but it's done.......one classroom completed. More hours done than are required so I can have Friday off.  I so love flexitime in the holidays!  Teachers in today making a total mess, getting rid of stuff that is no longer required.  I left before they did so I hope they have cleaned up after themselves.  If they haven't then I won't do it.

I am so looking forward to this holiday, I've got two weeks to work then three weeks off.

Community Champion

Just rushed in yesterday, skimmed and saw you had a date, JCJ.

How blinkin' annoying that you had phoned the day prior and told 2 weeks, grrrrrrrrrrr!

Though on the positive you'll have your break, then surgery and it just shows what a phonecall will do.

FF glad you are getting things organised now, you certainly do not want Lynn as your friend so accept ALL help!

Weather stayed fine yesterday, went to a cafe and ate the biggest scone I have ever seen, almost the size of the tea plate...........xx

So, before our meeting Senior Teacher had brought the big guns into play.  She'd been on the phone to the Exec. Head who was also horrified and has said that we will get our supplies.  But......delivery?....... with school shut for most of the day that will be problematic. What are the chances that I will be there to sign for the delivery?  Senior Teacher (henceforth referred to as ST.....I can't keep typing the whole title) helped me to move furniture out of one classroom, so I have now got that room almost done .  Tomorrow will finish it and the staff who are in will help me put it all back and clear the next room. 

This is the time of year that makes me totally fed up that I can't do what I used to able to do.  I am forced to consider that I am short of lymph glands and I really don't want to get Lynn and I shouldn't move heavy things around as I used to and I have to accept help.  It's lovely of them to help and I do appreciate it but .....

JCJ, I am not suprised that you are on the FF bench. Hospitals!  Does any dept. know what the others are doing?  I sincerely hope that I will be able to shove a chocolate eclair in your direction at the Madlands.

Community Champion

That's fantastic JCJ!!!! xx

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

Make way! Storming towards the FF bench - shove up FoxyF, make room for another one.

Hospital just rang. Would I be available for my op next Tuesday? ARRRRGGGHHHH! Not now, no, because you told me yesterday it wouldn't be for at least 2 weeks!! Smiley Mad  I'll lose £550 if I cancel the holiday.

She said it would have to be after 20th August, then as MMU dates were on my file (but not next weeks as I told person yesterday! Smiley Sad) In asked if they could fit it in between. She's going to ring me back.

Oooh phone!....

Yipee! 3rd August. Have to have bloods done next Friday, before 4pm, so we'll come home from Hay via hospital. Smiley Happy May be able to have afternoon tea after all! Smiley Happy Smiley Happy

Community Champion

What if she is taller???????????

Geez FF that's ridiculous, cut backs, grrrrrrrrrrrr, good luck with your meeting, you'll need it..........

grumpy, pack warm clothesSmiley Sad!

Ali, that's brilliant, why is it such an issue at docs? ridiculous another grrrrrrrrrrrrr.

This morning it was raining and freezing so lake visit should be fab NOT!!!!

Better go and sit on the "moany" bench xx

Morning Benchies! Gosh you all sound busy, have fun at MMU and a cuppa for me, my son is 21 on the 18th so I'll be a tad busy.... Smiley Wink
Rang drs surgery this morning to arrange a blood test my onc has asked for, who'd have thought it would be so difficult to get an appointment BEFORE I see the oncologist in three weeks time? Gave up, rang my Trial nurse, she's meeting me in oncology next Tuesday and taking me to get the bloods done. Fabulous woman Smiley Happy
JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

FF, sister used to be about the same height as me, so it should be easy to see if she's grown........except it could be me shrinking thanks to this stupid diet?? Smiley Tongue

I just met up with some friends/ex colleagues, for a meal and a chat. One of them is 8 months pregnant and weighs LESS than she did before, despite a 6lb+ baby (very bad morning sickness!) She's still tiny next to me - even my reduced version!! I'll just eat my salad then............

Of course, there is Daisy's for breakfasts and Zeffs's for everything else.......and Grumpy's for anything in between.

Mind you, the village will be split down the middle cos the PI will also bring 40 houses for locals which are needed so much - so wait and see, local politics will go into overdrive.

Thank goodness I shall be away for the next two months.

Going to Scotland tomorrow in Hilda with 2 small dogs to meet friends with 2 small children, it will be FINE!

I have realised that I am almost totally exhausted, so it can only get better....

Grumpy

Sorry Katy,but the weather is lovely down here, sun shining, 23 degrees a beautiful evening  Glad that your ED's car is sorted.

Have a lovely time tomorrow.

Well.................I'm gobsmacked, I'm very nearly speechless, I just can't belieeeeeeve it!  Senior Teacher has told me this afternoon that she has been informed that the deep clean/decorating will  not happen this summer.   It has been put on the agenda for the next Governor's meeting (Sept.) and it will be approved and will take place over the next FOUR YEARS!!!!!  Yes, you read that right,  FOUR YEARS!!  Have you ever heard anything so effing ridiculous???? (Pardon the language but....really?).  I told her of my lack of supplies and she just threw her hands up in horror, I said I would just buy some *Flash* (other cleaners are available) but apparently there is some sort of "law" that prevents chemicals being taken into schools.  I have a meeting with her tomorrow at 2pm to discuss.  I am so cross, actually I'm not cross, I'm furious!  Heaven help her tomorrow!

And chill..... so glad that you have been able to plan a holiday JCJ, hope you enjoy it and that you can see your sister.  Make sure that you measure her to see if she's getting taller!  Seriously, I hope she's well.

Community Champion

If a Travelodge and a Rita's cafe appears in Ambleside we'll be totally sorted hahaha!

Fabulous you have booked a break JCJ, have fun, hope the weather is kind to you!!

Speaking of weather this must be the worst ever, it's not only raining non stop but it's brrrrrrrrrrr cold.

Am fed up of it all.................

Tomorrow I am going with friends to another town, we are going to have a muggatea or something overlooking a lake, hopefully we will see it haha we picked July cause the weather will be good???????????

Had everyone over yesterday and we had an enormous dinner, ED 's car was fixed and cost a fifth less than garage quoted her, she's delighted and says car is running better than when she first got it!

GS is drooling nonstop and GD is fixated with the laptop.

YD is really enjoying her holiday, whew thank goodness!! xx

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

Not quite sure what is the appropriate response to that, Grumpy: "Yey! Possible venue for MMU4 = AMU," or "OMG! NOOOO! It will bring in the hoi polloi and spoil Ambleside!"

I have just phoned the hospital and established that I'm not yet booked in for my op and that they'll give me "as much notice as possible, but it may be as little as 2 weeks." Ah, so at least 2 weeks then. So it's safe to book a holiday for a week. Smiley Happy  Cottage booked near Hay on Wye from Friday 24th to Friday 31st. Hopefully, we will be able to meet up with my sister, as she lives in a reasonably nearby town! She is now allowed on public transport - so the risk of me causing her serious harm from infections from the vermin children at school must be over. Smiley Happy

The hospital know I'm away 18th - 20th August too, so I expect it will be after that now. I felt such an idiot on the phone. She asked me who my consultant was - I couldn't remember! So many consultants in the last year between me and OH. I did have my hospital number though, so she could look it up. When she said Mr S. Oh yes, now I remember!! Marbles? What are they?

Guess what - Ambleside may be getting a premier inn.......

Grumpy

Community Champion

Aaaaaaaaaaah you're a good girl JCJSmiley Happy!

Sooooooooo pleased that you can munch too, would have been awful if you were just sitting...........what kind of things are you being offered??

When you have a rough idea of what's happening with op you will be able to relax and plan, what a year you've had...............waiting, waiting, waiting, fingers crossed for news on Mon.

Gale force winds here this morning could have sworn it was Dec, grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, some Summer!!

Almost forgot, met an old schoolfriend and she was suggesting we go somewhere for a couple of days, she has around 10 holidays a year, I kid you not.........I had been telling her earlier about MMU3, she already knew about our adventures so she said why don't we go there too??? Geez 3 times in one year???? haha, Really JCJ what have you started??? Smiley LOL!

On the "CBA" bench most of the morning, then did a quick tidy up, so can sit again guilt free!

Keep your fingers crossed for ED's car, please.

Good Hilda is coming together, grumpy!

And FF, are things soooooooooooooooo bad that they can't buy supplies with their budget, all deep cleans have always been done in the school hols (summer), it's ridiculous................what about all the health and safety issues???? It's a joke xx 

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

Madlands booked. 19th August, 3:15pm. For 4 or 5 of us - 1 platter board, 1 no butter or spread. Just have to phone before 11am that morning to confirm numbers. So excited! Smiley Happy

Not so easy with the hospital - got through to someone who told me to ring patient services on Monday - "HOW??" "" Through the main switchboard". "Ah! OK. Will do."

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

Just spoken to a lovely lady at The Madlands. She is having a meeting with the chef at 11am and will consult with him then about my <3% fat requirement and ring me back. It looks like it won't be a problem. Slightly worried that she said it would be similar to the diabetic option....er....no....that's reduced sugar, not fat!!

I'll book it for 19th at 3:15pm, if they can feed me. Smiley Happy

Now to do battle with the hospital to see if I can book a holiday. Told to ring patient services, ("number on the back of your admissions letter" - but that's the whole point: I haven't HAD an admissions letter Smiley Mad) but I can't find their number anywhere. 6 million other numbers for departments in the hospital but none referring to patient services. Arggghhh! Why is it all so damned difficult??! Smiley Sad

STILL not made curtains for Hilda, and the new radio can't be fitted cos there's some sort of cable missing, on order from Honda. So camping won't start till Tuesday - at least I've got 3 days to get everything sorted out i.e. making curtains, sifting through all the camping kit, finding the camp chair and table etc etc.

Grrrrrr - cars!!!

And it's dull and cold here today.

grumpy

That is a good tip JCJ, I have been super careful since my mishap but that would be a good habit to get into.  I shall implement that straightaway and will tell daughter.  I am also getting one of those keysafes for outside my house so that I can't be locked out again. Re the website, I hope they appreciate you.

Three more days at school next week with children on one day and then staff only for two days.  I STILL don't know if the deep clean/decorating is happening or not.  After being told it wasn't, I was then told two days ago that it might be back on.  My cleaning supplies still haven't arrived, so it's all up in the air at the moment.  Roll on the 10th August, that's when my three weeks holiday starts and I am SO looking forward to it.

Katy - glad that your ED's car can be fixed reasonably cheaply.  Always good to have someone in the family that can fix a car.  Also glad that you are not feeling too bad.

Have a good weekend everyone..

Community Champion

Cars, cars, cars ED just phoned and says her car needs some work, said car passed it's MOT on Mon...............the guy was totting things up and she's into the hundreds.........very fortunately her partners father is good with cars and can get things fitted for less than a quarter of what the garage were going to charge, hopefully all will be done tomorrow, fingers crossed.

Don't feel so foggy brained today, thank goodness, as I did have to go into town, so managed tired but fine..

grumpy that would be different, I loved Brief Encounter, just let us know whats what.

FF, good things are back to normal with your daughter and her car!

JCJ you are on holiday, woo hoo, a new website???? you have a big heart xx

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

Made it to the last day! I. Am. So. Tired.

Oscar awards evening for our Y6 leavers last night. I was asked to be the photographer. Didn't get home until 7.30pm after a manic day. Normally when I stay late at school, I just call at the local chippy on my way home. I was moaning about this to OH, whilst wondering what I could be a**ed to cook, leaning on the kitchen worktop (too tired to stand up!) He said "shall I go down to the chip shop for you?" Jeeeeeez! How many months have I been on this stupid diet? I nearly bit his head off (that would have been dinner sorted? Smiley Tongue)

I've been asked to set up the new school website - again; we moved to a new site last year! Smiley Sad - Today is the last day of term and the new site needs to be up and running by before we go back in September. They will pay me overtime to do it in the holiday. That'll top up the pension fund.

FF & family: ever since I locked my keys in the boot, I open my car doors before I open the boot. That way, as I have a hatchback, if the worst came to the worst, I could crawl through to get them! Another reason while I'll only have hatchbacks! Smiley Happy

Another morning on the school run.  Fortunately daughter's car was ready (with a new MOT) for collection before the afternoon run.  So all sorted.

Katy - so glad there is no headache or nausea and if you need to rest.....just rest.  You'll be back to normal soon, just do what your body tells you to.

Grumpy - we will miss you if you don't make MMU3.  I really hope you do get back in time to meet us and I am up for a trip in Hilda to the exhibition.

Don't think i shall make MMU3 this year - sorry girls. But if I do get back from hols in time, I shall get in touch and meet everyone by Eric (or Rita's cafe for breakfast)

Also there is an exhibition at Carnforth Station about Brief Encounter and David Lean - I could probably fit everyone in Hilda (new honda van) if that appeals.

Making curtains for Hilda this evening so air will no doubt be blue at some point!

grumpy

Community Champion

Ha ha you made me laugh FF, what a grandsonSmiley Happy!!

Well they say mother like daughter hee hee!

Hope all is sorted today.

Am on the "totally drained" bench but no headache, nausea etc so woo hoo, the people I'd met at prior lidos all said that were very tired for couple of days, now I did feel tired but not like this so must be doing what it should.

Have been in bed just resting all afternoon it's a very "odd" feeling xx

My daughter's car was due in for its MOT yesterday so it was arranged that I would give her a lift home when she'd dropped it off after the school run.  Got a call at 8am that she had shut her keys in the boot!  Yes , exactly what I did four weeks ago Smiley Happy  She didn't think she had a spare key. Although she did look everywhere and try some possibles.  I did the school run and then she arranged for the garage to come out and break into the car.  Son-in-law is uncontactable as he refuses to carry a mobile phone.  He, however, came home for lunch and he knew there was a spare key and where it was.  Problem solved, fortunately before garage had turned up to break in.  I have been her taxi ever since, done the school run twice today, booked again for tomorrow am and she will hopefully get her car back tomorrow.

We are now taking bets as to which family member will be the next to shut their keys inside, choice of three.

Remember I mentioned eldest grandson's sex education lessons and the entertainment it caused me?  Tonight I have phoned my son and learned that on Monday the second lesson happened. Grandson  now knows it all.  My son told me he arrived home from work on Monday said "Hello" and was answered by "WHAT have you been doing to MY MUM?" This before he'd even got his coat off!  This was about a hour ago and I still haven't stopped laughing Smiley Very Happy  This is payback, as I remember many embarrassing conversations because my husband completely opted out.

Glad you are feeling ok Katy and that all went well, hope you stay on the "happy bunny " bench. A long day indeed but worth it.

JCJ - glad your sister is on the mend, would be strange if she grew suddenly taller but I hope she gets better and stronger.

I'm with Katy, if Madlands can accommodate you fine........I'm sure they will...........they must be used to all sorts of dietary requests.  But other places are available.

Community Champion

Left house at quarter to eight this morning and arrived home about twenty minutes ago BUT am on the "happy bunny" bench, canula went in first attempt (that is a first........) and no headache woo hoo!!!!

Drank 2 jugs of water and 2 cups of tea so I was having dehydration issues all the other times, feel so pleased!

JCJ do you want to phone The Madlands and ask what they can do for you if you don't like it we will go elsewhere.

Glad your sister is doing reasonably well if she stretches to 6ft 6" that will be something haha xx

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

I'm getting quite used to watching other people eat lovely things! Smiley Sad If everyone else wants to have afternoon tea we can still go. I'll ask them to make me low fat sandwiches - perhaps extra ones as I won't be eating cakes! - or a salad.

My sister is on the mend. She's had to have a couple of blood transfusions since going back home - 3 units each time - but that is quite normal apparently until the new stem cells have had chance to do their thing! - and at least she could have those at her more local hospital. She was bragging at the weekend that after the latest transfusion she was full of energy! Smiley Happy I keep warning her to take it steady. She's not back to 'normal' yet because I still keep beating her at "Words With Friends" -'a very rare occurrence before Chemo brain!! Smiley Tongue (perhaps it's because our brother isn't so good at it - she's got his cells now?! - mind you, he's 6ft 6, and she hasn't mentioned getting suddenly taller! Hehehe)

Community Champion

Gosh you two are on the "showing off" bench, great minds indeed!!!

Let's hope it's keyhole then JCJ, how's your sister now?

Had a lunch with RevCat today, the usual clacky tongues haha. 

We were both saying how much we were looking forward to seeing you allSmiley Happy!

Because you may not be able to DO Afternoon Tea this time JCJ, we can do something else not very fair us munching lovely things and you just watching???? xx

Nice to know I've got a great mind!  Sometimes I wonder......

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

HAHA Great minds. We posted at the same time, FF! Smiley Happy

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

Hingis was brilliant! Can't really say the same about the match - I almost felt sorry for their opponents! Wimbledon over for another year - already getting withdrawal! Smiley Tongue. Ah Davis Cup next weekend! Smiley Happy

2 week recovery from op, Katy, if it's keyhole as planned. If they have to convert to open surgery it'll be up to 4 weeks, apparently.

Hope you saw the mixed doubles final JCJ, that was an exhibition on how to play doubles!  Only problem was, it was over too soon.

Thank you for hiding the CBA bench, house is now tidied, hoovered, polished and looking pristine.  Of course no-one will now visit me until it is a mess againSmiley Happy

Thanks for the strawberries and cream in the shed Katy, just what I needed.  Background noise?  Ah well each to their own.  Take it you're not looking forward to the Davis Cup on Friday?Smiley Tongue  Hope your daughter's car has just a hiccup not a real problem.  Son's car is now fixed, windows now working, no more clingfilm required.

Glad that I did do washing/drying yesterday as it has rained all day here today.  Last full week at school approaching, can't wait for the flexi-time to kick in, so love going to work in the morning and getting it over and done with.

Community Champion

Have watched some of the tennis but really it's just background noise for me, last of the strawberries and cream in the shedSmiley Happy!

YD packed and sorted, ED took her to the airport and felt a bit of shuddering re the car, it has it's MOT on Tues so she's hoping it's just a bit of dirt, oh dear fingers crossed. Is your son's car ok now FF?

JCJ hope you're feeling a little better.

Doing lots of washing will never ever complain again after the 10 week fiasco..................xx

Yes I did watch the ladies doubles and I agree..... a fantastic match.  Hingis is playing the mixed doubles later today, hopefully that wiill be good too.