61154members
322458posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

stop feeling guilty, small rant (BENCHLAND)

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

Re: stop feeling guilty, small rant (BENCHLAND)

Oh how I wish we had 2 weeks off!! Preferably starting now. But we have 2 weeks to get through (although the last Friday is a training day, so no children!) and then one week off.

We go to Norwich, to see the brides to be, Sunday 23rd for a couple of nights. Really looking forward to seeing their new house.

Bramley Apple Cake cooking in the oven at the moment. Will put some in the shed. However, playing back, in my mind, the cooking process, I think I may have used plain flour instead of SR. Perhaps there will be Bramley Apple Biscuits in the shed?? So tired. I'm struggling to function at all!

I am trying to order you some new feet, KTC, which ones would you like, these:Crazy-Slippers

Or these:

Feet

Community Champion

Hopefully all goes well for them this year JCJ.

What no leftovers???

My feet are going in to 101, rested for 2 days, went out yesterday and ouchy, ouchy ouch.........

If possible would like a new pair...........asap!!

GD off for 2 weeks, do you have 2 weeks too?

When are you off to see the bride to be?

Have been on the "CBA" bench for hours......... about to get up and tidy up, what's that I hear?? My kettle is boiling and there is only 1 pecan and caramel slice left?? Oh dear looks like I'll have to eat it xx

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

Just checked in on Bob TV and he - or Babs - is back in residence!! Smiley Happy We never did get around to clearing out the nest so he/she is just roosting on top of the debris.

So tired. Thank goodness it's Friday!! Incapable of doing anything other than flopping in front of the tele.

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

Cheated out of 5 minutes at swimming, because the girl on the desk was faffing around, so I 'only' managed 67 lengths. Still, I'm now 89% of the way across. 3 700 metres to go or 2 1/4 miles. Might do that in 2 weeks, but dentist appointment next Thursday which might stop me going.

I have another suggestion for Bench 101: parents who don't put names in their offspring's uniform and then expect us to locate missing sweatshirts/coats/trousers:

Me: "Has it got his name in?"

Irate mother: "No, but it's brand new, with a school logo. It's a size 8 to 9."

Me: (sweetly) "Yes, there are probably at least 30 of those in school, most of which would have been brand new for the start of the school year!!"

Honestly, it feels like I spend half my life trying to reunite children with articles of clothing or disposing of vast amounts of unnamed lost property. You'd think people wouldn't want to waste so much money having to re-buy everything? The school sweatshirts are only available through school, (and therefore all identical) and not exactly cheap like the supermarket ones!!

Community Champion

No worries Katy just take it at your own pace, a "bit bad" is not a problem.  It's not easy but another day, another week is always  there. There are good days and bad days.  But it IS achievable, with the right appliance and the right motivation.  I really had no option with my diagnosis but it was still difficult and I was trying from about March but it took until September to finally give up that last morning one.

Glad your back is improving JCJ.  I'm still helping out my daughter whose back seems to be getting worse by the day.  I'm helping her as much as I can and an appt. has been made with a chiropractor for Friday so hopefully that will sort her out.

Been to son's tonight and sympathised about his poorly finger.  He cut it rather badly at work on Monday and had to go the minor injuries clinic and get it seen to. Butterfly stitches and a bandage.  He'll live. But he always needs sympathy from his Mum!

An inspirational video for anyone who has or is battling cancer!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQybvIwvggE

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

Steak was yummy. As was the apple pie and ice cream. Of course there were no leftovers! It was good to catch up. Last time the 4 of us met up was just before Christmas last year!

I've had 2 unexpected full days of teaching, due to crises happening at school, so I'm completely kn***ered. Sat here thinking "how the he** am I going to find the energy to go swimming??" "Oh, it's not Thursday! Thank goodness!" What? It's only Wednesday? How is that possible??? So I've still got TWO days of this week left AND swimming?" Smiley Sad

Back is much better, just a bit stiff in the mornings and the odd twinge now and then. Got to be careful how I bend to work with children.

Community Champion

I know you will be sending me to Room 101, when you see this.......................

Ordered my X*** food yesterday, hahahahahaha xx

Community Champion

I know you will be sending me to Room 101, when you see this.......................

Ordered my X*** food yesterday, hahahahahaha xx

Community Champion

Hope you had a lovely evening JCJSmiley Happy!!

Were there any leftovers, left over in the shed??? haha

Is your back easing now?

Had GS yesterday, the dashed into town, too much in one day as I just managed to walk home, feet were very sore.............

Hos phoned, I could have had a cancellation appt for the lido but the date offered I can't manage, mmmmmm, it's a weird thing because sometimes it affects different areas so fingers and feet are extremely sore this time whilst next month it could be elbows haha! Who knows??

At least it's better with it.

Have been a bit bad FF, with it, mmmmm back to being "good" by next week xx

Hi to everyone

Hope you have a really good night JCJ. Can see you salivating or slobbering at the thought of a nice juicy steak. You'll be leaving a trail all the wat to the restaurant - like a snail !! not a slug !! Snails are prettier :-))

Hope you're all well

Lotsa love Delly xxx

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

Got home to one of THOSE letters: handwritten envelope. Postmarked in the town where the hospital is. Didn't spot it wasn't addressed to my first name, because I was too busy panicking.

It was a letter from the optician, about my eye test, a month ago! They just realised that they never asked me for payment. Now I have to pay the full price for the eye test because I threw away the "£10 eye test" voucher. That'll teach me for trying to get away with it?  Should've paid at....... Smiley Very Happy

Going out for a steak tonight, with friends who are ex-colleagues. Yum. Pity it's not til 8pm though. Usually in nightwear, by then, in front of tele! I'm so hungry now, I've just had to have a large slice of barra brith to keep me going. Wasting away! (as ES used to say, if dinner was a few minutes late! Smiley Tongue)

101 Benchlist

1/ Yeh, bloomin cyclists on pavements.

2/ Mountain bikes and people who ride so called mountain bikes on rambling paths meant for walking and churn up the countryside instead of keeping to specific mountain bike trails.

3/ Hand Dryers in loos - bring back paper towels

4/ Non Onco Consultants who come out with ignorant questions such as "did your breast mastectomies "cure" your cancer"?

5/ Any consultant who tells you not to worry when you've experienced BC and are having potential 2ndaries looked into.

6/ Radiographers who aren't trained, proficient, adept at inserting cannula's into foot or ankle veins for someone who can't have them in either arms.

7/ Women who "purposely" elect to have false boobs that obviously look like false boobs (there's a difference and not due to BC) - like two 1/2ves of a football stuck on. Why??

8/ People who don't use their indicators in cars.

9/ People who drive in the middle motorway lane when they're not overtaking and insist it's the "cruising" lane.

10/ People who say to you, thinking they're being supportive - "you'll find someone who loves you the way you are" when you've lost both your boobs, are single and DON'T LIKE the way you look to yourself, but won't/don't listen to what YOU, who's been through it, have to say about it.

Oooooo girlies, that's just a few!!!!

Lotsa love xxxxx

For Bench 101:

1. Cyclists on pavements and pedestrian only footpaths - I have been nearly knocked over several times this week!!!!

2. Leaking shoes that are sold as waterproof.

3. New street lights that don't illuminate the pavements, leading to Grumpy falling over.....

4. New DX of osteoarthritis

5. Actors who haven't learnt their lines

VERY GRUMPY tonight........

Community Champion

In no particular order for bench 101 are:

1)  Queues.

2)  Rude/unhelpful shop assistants.

3)  Work (of any kind, either paid,house,garden whatever).

4)  Going to the petrol station to fill up the car.

5)  Parents.......who allow their children to run riot in public places and annoy others.......i.e. ME!

Can't help you Ali, as my five years ran out, my over 60 kicked in so no worries there but yes, ring your BCN. No one has yet suggested to me that that my five years on Tapoxifen might be extended but I will have an appt. in April.  It will be the last one but they might say then that I should stay on it for another five years.  I hope not.

My leg cramps have not happened since taking the Magnesium Citrate tablets JCJ.  Perhaps you should try them......I'm only taking half the recommended dose and have had no cramps at all for the last few weeks.  Just a thought.....

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

My onc has told me I'll be on Tapoxyfen (she didn't actually use that word! Smiley Tongue) for another 5 years. My free prescriptions run out in February, so she told me to "just go and see the breast nurses, in the breast clinic, and they'll sort you out". I shall go and ask about it when I see surgeon (for the last time!) in January.

If you ring your BCN, she'll probably tell you what to do. Or just call in at the breast clinic?

Serious question , my exemption card for NHS prescription charges runs out in January. My prescription for Anastrozole will continue till I see my onc in the summer, so will I be able to renew my exemption as its for an oncology prescription??

Room 101-
Women who make rude comments about other women who "have obviously had a bob job, they look so fake" (hides the fake boob under layers of cardigan)
Hot flushes (has to remove cardigan)
Dark evenings (must get SAD light out)
Tripe
Other people eating MY maltesers !!!
JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

PS my vocal renditions whilst suffering simultaneous cramp and back spasms may have been very similar to KTC's whale noises! Smiley Very Happy

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

Back recovering slowly. I'm OK sitting, walking or lying; it's transitioning between those that is tricky - especially getting out of bed!! Which makes me wonder why on earth I didn't nominate cramp to Bench 101 (NOT to be confused with Bench LOL - otherwise known as the Laughing Hysterically Bench - a completely different thing!)

Leaping into an upright position from one of a supine nature, to alleviate leg cramps, is a tricky manoeuvre at the best of times. Try doing it with a knack*,ered back!! Smiley Sad

Community Champion

Totally forgot about the flu jab this morning.  Will have to go the surgery on Monday and abjectly apologise and rebook it.  Oops! 

Daughter has also hurt her back, bent down to put a lead on her dog and felt something "go".  Walking very delicately so I've had to help her out today.  Hope yours is better today JCJ.

I would just love to hear you making whale noises Katy!

Still pondering the bench 101 question,  I've decided to not think of global things like all diseases and wars but just those that apply to me.  I'll let you know tomorrow.  Still thinking.

Community Champion

Hope your back is a little better today JCJ, do try to keep moving, worst thing is lying downSmiley Sad.

Your car will be perfect for that long journey next year, FFSmiley Happy!

Something else that's def going in is the hall rug bought last year that gathers every piece of dust, fluff, threads etc, etc drives me crazy cause that means I have to hoover more than I like xx

All quiet at the moment, just waiting for GS to arrive then it'll be busy, busy, we were reading a book about sea creatures and we now do crab movements and pincer clicking and best one, whale noises hahaha xx

Community Champion

I've been thinking about my bench 101 suggestions all day and have come to no firm conclusions.  Just can't decide.  Watch this space....I will post them tomorrow.......possibly.....or Sunday.....giving real thought to this.

Car passed it's MOT yesterday but the advisories mean that I will have to spend money on it .  As it's ten years old I already knew that I had to spend money to change the cam belt, already booked in for half term as I won't need it then, now tyres to do as well.  A bill of approx £500 coming up but worth it as my car has low mileage and has cost only pennies (relatively) for the last few years.

Flu jab tomorrow, I now fit the criteria for this. Good job I don't have a phobia about needles.

Hope your back sorts itself out soon JCJ.  I know all about back pain!  It's ongoing , it hurts, it makes you sit down/ stand still/or just need a moment.

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

On the sitting up very straight ouchy bench. Boo hoo! Put my back out this morning, bending down to help a child write a poem (just managed to avoid an oath coming out as a suggestion: "how about changing this line to...." *bends and points* *click* "ah! My back!")

Of course, if I'd been out of class then, as per every previous Friday, it wouldn't have happened! Grrrrr!

Loving the Bench 101 suggestions. I need to add dodgy backs to mine! 

Community Champion

Woo hoo JCJ nearer and nearer.............

Am so impressed by your endeavorsSmiley Happy!

Now Room 101, have got me thinking, which is difficult these days???

BC related,

1. THOSE letters

2.Ouchy mammo's

3.Scary brain thinking moments

4. Arm which resembles piece of rolled and tied pork shoulder

5. Random sprouting hairs which have not disappeared after ta"poxy"fen

NON BC related

1. People in a well known underwear store who find it appropriate to stand in the aisles and chit chat blocking all passageways also in same store barge out of an aisle into everyone's way with not a care in the world grrrrrrrrrrrr!!

2. Hairdresser mirrors.

3. Feeling soooooooo cold

4. Bathroom fan which has decided to make groaning noises

5. Snoring

Think my lists could be endless.................xx

Does that mean I'm a "grumpy old woman"??? Nothing to do with Dame Grumpy of course xx

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

Another mile and a bit swum. 5431 metres to go - 3.4 miles. Still on track for half term, BUT dentist appointment to sort the broken filling/disintegrating rear molar is on Thursday 13th at 4:50 so I may not make swimming as well that night.

Meeting some old work friends on Monday for Steak Night at a nearby favourite hostelry. Smiley Happy

A new bench for Benchland: Bench 101, like Room 101 on TV. We get to nominate things we want to banish. My top 5 suggestions.

1) Cancer (though without BC I wouldn't have met you mad lot!)

2) "Lynn" 

3) "Arthur"

4) Parents who buy lace-up shoes for their offspring AND DON'T TEACH THEM TO TIE LACES (I had a class of 30,  6 yr olds for PE today!!)

5) People who tell me how much better I look now. The same ones who were telling me how well I looked when I felt like sh** due to the gallstone.

What would you banish to Bench 101?

Community Champion

Was trying to post but everything has just disappeared,  I'll try again tomorrow.

Community Champion

Oh no!!!

How did they manage to collect them?

There has been a security leak/breach in Benchland.................xx

I've discovered where all our marbles have gone!!!!!!!

There's a new credit card that has stolen them.............

Grumpy

Community Champion

Well done, grumpy's honorary nieceSmiley Happy!!

Just fabulous.

A helicopter in Benchland?? I love itSmiley Happy!

All quiet here, galeforce winds yesterday, didn't have to go out so all was fine.

ED and family all sick, oh no, another horrid bug, fingers it doesn't come hereSmiley Frustrated!

Baby stays tonight, as ED and partner off tomorrow hoping bug has completely gone so she can have fun.

Caramel and pecan slices in the shed for all xx

A Ps JCJ - I lurrrrv damson jam, espesh home made. Will send up the helicopter to bring down your jammyjars. 

Sorry your having a hard time at the mo lovey.

xxx

Hey Girlies,

Just popped in to say hi and hope you're all doig well.

Grumpy - well done to your Niece in law for her sponsered walk and raised donations.

JCJ - ooomph about your favourite top and bleach splatters. Being a bit of a gal from  "Blue Peter" days, could you not find some interesting appliques to cover them over with? Some glittery ones to please Katy and that'll even glam it up from what it was??!!

Lotsa love to you all

Dellwelly xxx

My honorary nephew's wife did the Shine Night Walk in London on Saturday night. She raised nearly £500 for cancer research!!!!! I'll try to put the photos up tomorrow......

I am deeply touched and SOOOOO proud of her.

Grumpy

Community Champion

Aaaah that is disappointing JCJ, how and when do you catch up now???

I tried pen on trousers that I splashed bleach on didn't work, trousers were black.

Quiet this weekend, spent most of it sleeping??? Sooooo joining you on that bench.............

Off out to lunch today, we are going to the italian place that was a fab bargain, prices have gone up but it's still worth every penny, haha.

Lovely and sunny but oh so chilly here at the moment!

Glad you only purchased the things you needed FF and had a great day.

ED is off this week, surprise birthday present for OH, so baby is staying over for 2 nights, not in a row though which is good, other Grandparents and I are sharing responsibiltySmiley Happy!! xx

Thank you for scones, jam and lashings and lashings of cream xx

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

There really is emotional content in this one!

Soooo tired. Soooo fed up of feeling tired. Work just got even more tough. Timetable changes, so now I don't get my hour out of class on a Friday any more. I so look forward to that. It's what enables me to get up on a Friday. Used to have a whole morning, then it got reduced to half a morning, then an hour, now zilch, zero, nada. Smiley Sad Smiley Mad

I pointed out that the library and website will not get done. Not doing them in my own time. I didn't mention that the extra teaching will involve more marking, most of which I already do in my own time. It didn't help that I was told this on Friday, when I was already exhausted!! It took all my strength not to cry! :'(

This morning a large chunk of filling fell out of my back molar, so now I have to find time to visit the dentist too. (Why couldn't it have happened 3 weeks ago, when I could have gone anytime of day to get it fixed?!)

Then, 20 minutes later, whilst doing the usual Sunday morning ironing, I discovered that my lovely, turquoise, embroidered top has 3 bleach splatters on the front. Grrrr! Thank goodness it was a supermarket purchase and not too expensive. Wondering if I can find a pen the same colour to disguise the WHITE a bit (same trick as kitchen laminate floor - I still can't find where I 'fixed' that! Smiley Happy )

We have a humongous glut of damson/plums so we've had a sign up offering them free to any passerby who wants some. Someone came off a canal boat to get 6lb of them to make wine. I made 10 jars of jam yesterday, which I will take to school to sell. Proceeds to BCC. 

I saw a sign in our local chippy advertising a table top sale at one of my neighbours' houses, also in aid of BCC & Macmillan, so I'll see if they want some to sell too. I've put a load in the shed along will virtual scones and clotted cream (CBA to actually *make* any scones)!

Community Champion

Sorry Katy, just not that into the Famous Five.  The sarnies and a portion of chips from the van outside the venue with a cup of tea are just fine.  Have had a lovely day out with daughter, got the things that I needed but couldn't find a new cross stitch picture to do. Considered a few but nothing really grabbed me. Even my favourite stall had nothing that I couldn't live without.   So I've just got my 8" embroidery hoop, needle threaders and a magnetic board with ruler for patterns and several ribbons and I've not spent a lot so I'm happy.

As I'm halfway though a cross stitch picture and have another three in the series to do perhaps it's not a bad thing that nothing appealed today

Called in at Son's on our way home, tea and biscuits were needed.  Daughter was in no hurry to get home and resume duties, it was her day off! 

I'm not doing anything tomorrow, it's a me day, read a book, do a jigsaw, do cross stitch, watch Strictly (recorded).  I'll do what I want.

Community Champion

What??? No potted meat, sardines or scones with lashings and lashings of cream and jam? Ginger beer??

What's wrong with you FF??

HahahahaSmiley Happy!!

Am on the "sooooooooo tired" bench, have done all housework, washing etc up to date, food in cause don't have a takeaway any longer?? So fingers crossed, I can have a rest, woo hoo!!

Have usual 2 things to iron but am being a rebel and not doing them xx

Community Champion

Packed lunch ready to go, in fridge overnight,  cheese and onion sarnies, crisps and peanut cookies.  Just need to buy a cup of tea and thats lunch sorted!  Dinner when I get back home?  Pizza, 12 mins in the oven, also sorted.

Sunday dinner?  Chicken and three veg, really healthy to make up for tomorrows sins.

Community Champion

Just been informed that my DIL is not coming with us tomorrow.  Other events have taken priority.  No worries, quite understand, just me and daughter then.  Bought items for packed lunch today, must now make it and pack it into .......remember the boring black bag that I made not so boring?  Yes, it's having an outing tomorrow and after carrying lunch around, it will carry my purchases home.

Well done Katy, half and half is really good.  That's how I started but it's all in the mind, trust it, it will work! So glad you're not being shot at so often.

70 lengths, good grief JCJ. I'm exhausted just thinking about it!  So we've about another four weeks before the big party for your arrival "en France"?  I'm still practising but it's not going well, lots of mistakes  but I'm sure they won't be noticed above the fireworks and cannon fire that will herald your arrival.

Community Champion

Still leaving the building but am not being shot so often now hahaha!!!

Half and half, am really pleasedSmiley Happy!

Very well done FF, brilliant jobSmiley Happy!

70 lengths again??? How do you do it?

Don't think I could even manage 7 breadths..............

Am on the "where do I order from now" bench hahaha!

Have a lovely time with your girls FF xx

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

PS RIP takeaway. Smiley Sad I hope no-one was hurt. We're they insured? Will they rebuild? NOOOOO! Where will you get that fish supper now? 

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

Another 70 lengths! 1750m, 1 and a bit miles. Only just under 4 1/2 miles to go!!

OK, I'll get off the bragging bench and go and collapse in the kn***ered corner. Haven't even got the strength to put the kettle on!!

Congratulations on completing giving up, even the morning one FF, so proud of you. Sorry - that's sounds so patronising. Try again: Weeehoooo! Well done! Enjoy spending the saved cash. I hope you feel better for it too. Smiley Happy

How's it going with you, KTC? Still getting much less exercise not having to keep leaving your building? Smiley Tongue

Community Champion

Oh no, your favourite takeaway Katy.  Hope they weren't doing your dinner at the time.  How are you getting on with *it*?  Hope you're persevering.  I've finally given up the morning one (four weeks now) and I'm saving a small fortune, compared to six months ago!  

Been out today with daughter and youngest GD, waited in the car while they attended a speech therapy group, and then went to supermarket and bought essential food for the week and some extra goodies.  Only cost £22. As GD needs to attend this group for eight weeks I think my shopping bills might be less than usual.  

Going to Craft Fair on Saturday, taking Daughter and DIL with me, a day out with my girls.  So looking forward to it but I must be careful about how much I spend,  It's so easy to spend a small fortune on things that you think you'll use but actually won't.  Got some of those from previous years!  Oops!

Community Champion

JCJ, have solved the mystery, ta dahSmiley Happy!!!

It is either:

"the donkey on ice outfit?" or "You know I hate shopping! Smiley Tongue"

Both are extremely emotional.

Hope you had a better sleep last night.

Was about to have tea and realised I didn't put the oven on soooooooooooo much longer waitSmiley Frustrated!

Just learned my favourite takeaway has burned down to the ground, oh no!! xx 

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

Must be the sobbing or the manic stabbing at the keyboard?? Smiley Tongue

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

So it's not **** that flags me up as emotional then?! Smiley Tongue

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

Absolutely **** night last night. ( Just testing emotional content theory Smiley Happy

Still trying to catch up on recorded Paralympics, dozing in front of tele, but I forced myself to turn it off and go to bed at 11, to ensure my 8 hours. Wide awake. Still awake at 3:30am. Woke again at 5:30, for no apparent reason - grrrr - then fast asleep for alarm to rudely jar me awake at 7 - and again 9 minutes snooze later!!

School is really stressful at the moment, although today wasn't as bad as expected, so hopefully I shall sleep better tonight - wishful thinking??!

Community Champion

Are we still emotional, JCJ???

Was emotional yesterday, GS decided to be TROUBLE............first time ever, is it the terrible twos early??

Will see what happens tomorrow!

Off into town later, was going to have hair chopped but have decided I can't face THAT mirror, because at the moment I have turned into "spotty dotty"Smiley Frustrated! It was thought the tabs I've been taking for a hundred years were making my skin itchy so was advised to stop, ok for first month then skin lumpy, mmmmmmmm have gone back on tabs and spotty dots are dying down already, woo hoo!!

Am buying new kaftans for my hol, yes already...............throwing old lot in the bin!

Went to our usual place for muggachoc, machine still not working, didn't even have tea, WHAT???

So we went off to new place instead, muggachoc so rich we only managed one, goodbye old place, hello new xx