cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

stop feeling guilty, small rant (BENCHLAND)

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

Re: stop feeling guilty, small rant (BENCHLAND)

IMG_20160124_102948.jpgShe says the brides will be wearing this. See. We will be perfect wedding planners for them! All that is missing is the ice skates? Smiley Very Happy

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

IMG_20160124_103016.jpgYD has suggested this for my MOTB outfit!! Smiley Happy (Because I hate pink!!)

It was "the family are descending on me" bench that derailed the cushion cover making.  Avoided the CBA bench by will power and the "tennis bench" by putting it on to record ( Go Andy!) and then son rang to say they were coming over. Then daughter rang to say she was popping in.  They all arrived.......adults are trying to have conversation, children are causing chaos!  Food cupboards and fridge are being emptied, sandwiches and snacks being consumed at a rate of knots.  I had only eaten two chocolate digestives out of the packet and now there are only two left!

Will try again with the cushion covers tomorrow.

What a palaver, KTC.  I've plumped up the cushions on the CBA bench and put a lovely warm fleecy throw, cake and chocs within easy reach. Hope the lido does the rest and you are comfy and relaxed Smiley Happy

Had a lovely time out with my daughter today.  Unfortunately, while we were out OH managed to lock himself out and had to smash a pane of glass to get back in.  Ever since I got home I've been vacuuming up shards of glass!  Just lovely Smiley Frustrated 

Community Champion

Happy all your boilers are working now:smileyhappy!!!

tat I love it.................

Well, well what a fiasco yesterday, patient transport??? Told I had to be ready for 8 am, waited and waited, phoned and asked if I was def on the rota, was, finally arrived at other hospital at 11.10 am, grrrrrrrrrrr!

Went to the ward and was told I could be refused treatment cause I was soooooooooo late, WHAT??? Thought they were joking, they weren't, treatment had to be verified by the docs, they said yes lido would proceed. Thank goodness, finished at 4pm, transport back fab, was told that an old lady who finished at 12.30 was meant to wait until 4 for me to finish....................so don't know what to do next time????

Can't get into trouble every time I go...........

Wheelchair only temp cause wasn't allowed to take walker, it was all fine. Easier cause everything was a mess haha!!! Blood pressure high, wonder why?? haha

Am joining you on the "CBA" bench, will be there ALL weekend xx

Hope your heating is now behaving itself JCJ.  My plumber came last week and gave me a new controller and mine is finally doing what I want it to. 

Remember on New Years Eve I said I was pinning and tacking material for new cushion covers?  Well, nothing further has happened.  Right now  I intend to get on with the job tomorrow but will the CBA bench beckon? Or the Reading a Good Book bench? 

Ah, thanks JCJ Smiley Happy I had guessed Norecambe was a disguise for Morecambe.  We lived across the Pennines in (whispers) Yorkshire for 8 years when our kids were little.  Miss 'oop north' and hills.  Enjoy your weekend on the CBA bench, you're right, you deserve it Smiley Happy xx

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

Boiler man been today. Fitted a new valve on the central heating so, hopefully, it will stop playing silly bs and come on and off as expected! Fingers crossed!

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

OMG! You are not going to believe this, but it seems we are actually setting trends here in Benchland! I genuinely just saw someone in our local village chippy wearing.....wait for it.....flashing light shoes!! Honestly! They were white plimsoles/pumps/tennis shoes with colour changing LED lights all around where the fabric met the rubber sole. I wanted to get a photo of them but couldn't find a way to do it surreptitiously! She looked like an upended Christmas tree! I thought of muttering the code word "Benchland" in her vicinity, to see if she was one of us! 😁

Tat, lido is lidocaine (sp?) - KTC's pain medication infusion and MMU  stands for Morecambe Meet Up. We've had 3 already, hence MMU4. It also explains references to certain landmarks, cafes and drinking establishments in the Benchland Carols! 

Have a good weekend everyone. I intend to spend a large part of it on the CBA bench.....because I've earned it!!

Haven't a clue about lido (unless it's an outdoor pool) or MMU4, so I'm taking my lead from the others who seem very excited about a wheelchair and all the potential shenanigans, KTC.  I hope you get a properly pimped up one, or perhaps we can help.  Here's a suggestion that would fit in well with the chariots?  If it doesn't float your boat, I'm sure we can come up with plenty of ideas Smiley Happy

Welcome back, Jan.  So pleased to hear you had a good break and felt like you again Smiley Happy

Tat xx

Hi all
I am back from the escape bench and rejoining you all though I am undecided about which bench I am favouring. Had a really lovely break soooo good to do something that didn't involve hospital visits. It was great to be a person again have recently felt as if I am the disease. People only see the disease and either talk about it constantly or it becomes the elephant in the room.
Thank goodness head in a better place now.
Haven't had internet for a few days so some forum catching up to do 😃.
Hugs to you all
Jan x

Went to Drs. today and he wouldn't have it that the side effects of the tablets had made me worse.  But he did agree that I could come off them.  Seeing as I stopped taking them a week ago and got promptly better, I have a different opinion to him but I wasn't going to argue as I got what I wanted.  

Oooh, wheelchair races at MMU4........????  Hope it's only temporary Katy and that the lido goes well.

School is much as usual, I only had two days off so it didn't have too much chance to get behind and today they've been off on a trip so I got the opportunity to catch up.

Appt with consultant 're ears and MRI head scan on 30th Jan, so trying not to think about it...... if it's not my ears which are causing the balance problems, what else can it be? Something neurological? Scary.

Me up a ladder to do the decorating was hilarious!!! Anyhow I didn't fall off, or spill any paint on the carpet.

Grumpy

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

Wheelchair KTC?? Is that because of lido? Is it a temporary thing, or will it be permanent? 😱

Oh boy! Just think of the Benchland capers we can get up to with a *wheelchair* - mad enough with the chariot? Bags I sit on your lap at MMU4 (only kidding 😜😘) xx

Community Champion

The snow has disappeared hooray, lasted for ages!

Off for my "lido" tomorrow, have done all the shopping etc so well prepared, can't remember if I said but will be in a wheelchair, mmmmmmmmmm tummy a little twirly about that, silly I knowSmiley Frustrated!

Had my hair chopped today and it is sooooooooooo short, thought it was short before but this is really short, that's what happens when you talk too much!!

Have you had any word yet about your scan grumpy? xx

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

Sorry you have been ill again, FF. I hope you are much recovered and there aren't too many pieces to pick up at work!!

I've had a long, stressful day in which it has been hard to keep the positive persona in evidence! Class had a supply teacher this am and me this pm and they have been really "trying it on"!! Driving home though, I heard a news item that genuinely did make me laugh out loud: Apparently, police were called to a school in Lancs because a child had written that he lived in a "terrorist house". It turns out he meant "terraced" hahahaha Smiley LOL  Made me feel so much better! At least *I* didn't have to call the police?! Smiley Tongue

How British is that, FF, apologising for being poorly 😉. Glad you're on the mend now.

Must be something going round, KTC, I've had a busy day too, charging around the house cleaning and  ironing too.  Must be the sunshine showing up all the dust and dog hair Smiley Wink  Speaking of the dog, we had a wonderful, long and not muddy walk today, hurrah 😀 The only bit I didn't enjoy was running away from the enormous bull who came to see us off his land!  Why don't farmers put up a sign to warn walkers of a bull in the field?  Spoils the spectacle of 'mad tat lady' legging it across a heavily rutted field, perhaps?

had a Blue Peter moment today and made a countdown calendar for rads, although now I've done it I'm not sure it'll give much comfort until the end is in sight 😨. Start on 2nd Feb and finish on 17th March, so I'll bring the glitterberry juice that night (if I'm not asleep!).  

Community Champion

Glad you are feeling better FFSmiley Happy! How scary???

JCJ maybe some of the "invisible" from Benchland has occurred, you think tablet is in porch??? Is it really??? or has it magically appeared with them???  An enigma wrapped in mystery methinks!

Fabulous news JCJ, so you had Lynn visiting you too, she really is a piece of work. Think it's great that you will see onc, extra reassurance.

tat when do you start your rads??

Have been superly busy today even IRONED, what's wrong with me???? xx

Highlighted

Sorry girls, been a little bit poorly this last week.  My GP tried to kill me!  Actually that's not true, he was trying to cure me of my slight anaemia but the tablets he gave me caused a reaction to the other tablets that I take and I've only been able to be up and around today.  So, of course,  the first thing I did was come to Benchland.!

I am fully recovered and will never again take tablets until I have thoroughly satisfied myself that they are ok with my other meds.  GP will get a telling off when I see him on Thursday. I had to see a different Dr. last week .

Back to school tomorrow unfortuately.

Fab news, JCJ 😀🍾 Glitterberry juice all round, even if it is a school night 😀. 

Oh dear, sounds like tablet gate has a while to run yet Smiley Sad. Hate institutional incompetence when all you have is a customer disservice number to contact.  I love internet shopping, but it's so much better to speak face to face with a real human when you have a problem, eh?

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

Annual check up all OK. Smiley Happy  Next year WILL be the last, with the surgeon, but because of the REACT trial, I will see the oncologist for an extra 5 years.  Mammogram booked for 3rd March.

There were 2 students in with the surgeon and I let one of them 'cop a feel' too. We've all got to learn at some point?  Interestingly, surgeon said to the students that I was an interesting case because I had a temporary lymphodema (in boob, not arm) and was "one of the lucky ones because it was only temporary". Really?! That's news to me!! I have vague memories of mention of the 'L' word as a possibility but I never realised it was officially in my records!! Glad to be numbered among the 'lucky ones' though! Smiley Very Happy

Tablet being collected for repair tomorrow, but I've received a text saying my parcel was collected on Monday 18th and is at Smethwick branch of <insert name of delivery company here> awaiting delivery to me tomorrow. WTF?? It's in my porch waiting for them to collect it for repair!! Unless they know **** well they can't repair it and are sending me a new one?? (Or as YD says, because they are no longer making them: they're sending me a knackered one that somebody else has returned?!)

I'm beginning to feel guilty 'cos I don't have a decorating/interior design project on the go (or on the cards) at the moment Smiley Sad

Had my rads planning session today, a very smooth and efficient process.  I am sure there is a connection between the efficiency and the free parking....our parking spend to date would pay off the debt of a small African nation, so when your parking is free the service runs on time!!

Hope the scan results are good, JCJ.  Lots of hugs and anything else you need waiting for you in Benchland xxx

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

Psst! Grumpy is?! That's enough glitterberry juice! I don't know about seeing double, but you're *writing* double! Teehee.

Well I've amazed myself with the tarting up of bedroom! Three coats of paint needed to cover the bright yellow wall, dogs paint free, blobs of pale coffee colour removed from skirting board (i am a messy decorator), new bedding in place, just need to sort out the art work........ and the Oxfam (other.....) curtains are perfect and a bargain at a tenner! This room would now be modern trendy honeymoon suite for Murdoch and Hall, apart from no en-suite, have to totter across the landing for a wee in the night - Murdoch may find that a problem!!!

Roll on the next project - conversion of vehicle into campervan. I'm not sure the dogs will cope with the stress, Joey is distraught and Meg is carrying her blanket all round the house for comfort.

Another swig of glitterberry juice is on the cards, then bedtime - oh bliss!

Grumpy

Well I've amazed myself with the tarting up of bedroom! Three coats of paint needed to cover the bright yellow wall, dogs paint free, blobs of pale coffee colour removed from skirting board (i am a messy decorator), new bedding in place, just need to sort out the art work........ and the Oxfam (other.....) curtains are perfect and a bargain at a tenner! This room would now be modern trendy honeymoon suite for Murdoch and Hall, apart from no en-suite, have to totter across the landing for a wee in the night - Murdoch may find that a problem!!! Roll on the next project - conversion of vehicle into campervan. I'm not sure the dogs will cope with the stress, Joey is distraught and Meg is carrying her blanket all round the house for comfort.

Another swig of glitterberry juice is on the cards, then bedtime - oh bliss!

Grumpy

Community Champion

Good luck for tomorrow JCJ, that horrible nervousness don't think it will ever leave any of us.

Grumpy what colour scheme are you doing?
Where are you FF?
Tat you are funny glad you were comfortable over weekend. I hate bras now haha !
We have had snow lying here from last wed......
My new coffee table was delivered really like it so also ordered a console table in same style, it came on fri so was all excited hee hee! Totally changed the look in living room! New year new look......
Received a small tv as a xmas gift for bedroom so bought one of those new fangled devices that turns it into a smart tv am well pleased! So would def recommend .
Who's wedding are we doing now???? Xx

I got my prosthesis last Wednesday, Jan.  I don't bother wearing anything at home, but this weekend I was at my folks' and wore it for up to 7 hours at a time.  I was pleasantly surprised at how comfortable it is Smiley Happy

I get who Lynn is now, KTC Smiley Wink  Hope the new sleeves help.  JCJ, a family member had terrible night time leg cramps and tried all sorts of things, the most helpful being a sports type drink.  You can make your own so you have more control over what you are drinking and tweak for the flavour you find most palatable.  Searching 'sports drink recipe' or 'electrolyte drink recipe' should bring up plenty of suggestions Smiley Happy

Hope everyone has had a good weekend.  Tat xx

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

What a shame they couldn't afford a dress for her, Tat?!
JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

Thanks for the suggestions to get me off the CRAMP bench. I tried having a banana at bedtime (so to speak!!) last night and I didn't get any cramp! I don't get it *every* night so it's hardly scientific proof it works, and I did get bananaey I digestion, so it may not be worth doing every night. I think I'll try to use Losalt (other....) more. I got it when ES was trying to reduce his BP, ages ago. It is lower in sodium but higher in potassium, so it might help?!

4th annual check up with surgeon 4pm tomorrow. I was completely fine about it and now, suddenly, I've started to get anxious. Smiley Sad

Hope you're ok, FF, you've gone quiet! x

Ah grumpy, our services would be the perfect match for the quality, style and class of Hall & Murdoch.  They must have wanted a 'quickie' wedding, because as you can see, they married this weekend Smiley Sad  Must have been somewhere warmer than Norcambe, though?

I haven't personally tried this, but a friend swears by putting a tablet of soap in the bed! Sounds weird but it works for her. The soap is unwrapped but hasn't been used. Another trick recommended by a Yoga teacher is to roll a cork along the area of the cramp.  OH was given quinine tablets by the doc.

Sorry, dashing through, but - bras, I heartily back the recommendation for Royce, pretty,comfortable, and mx ladies save the 20% VAT. Very helpful too.

Cramp - potassium helps, so a banana at bedtime, as does tonic water... and a little extra salt- some crisps or salted nuts.

Sorry to dash out again, off to the Watching it Snow bench Smiley Happy

Quality, style and class???? Somehow I don't think that is what Norecambe Nuptials can offer........ more like glitter, lycra, scooters, and silly headgear. Subtle we are not!!!

Decided I need a project in this glum grey month after all the rain and floods - grey skies, grey buildings, grey thoughts are predominant here in Jan and Feb. So I'm 'tarting up' my bedroom which involves paint (on dogs as well as the walls) new duvet cover etc and new curtains courtesy of Oxfam (other....) and copious intake of glitterberry juice.

I do hope everyone is getting their medical problems sorted - I worry about you all and feel so useless so I'll just send love and hugs. Meg and Joey send love and licks to anyone feeling miserable - they are very good at comforting folk.

Grump

Thanks JCJ I found a reasonable style in a bigger M&S shop but I will look at the links. Due to get my prostheses on 26th January had fitting but had to wait for my size to be ordered. Hoping it will be better than the softie which seems to look like I have socks stuffed in my bra!
Have you tried having a banana before bed for the cramp my dad swears by it 😃.
Had a normal day today just shopping and having lunch with a friend, there is life outside of all this crap!
Jan x
Community Champion

Tried tonic water JCJ and it didn't work for me, had lots at beginning now just have them periodically, blinkin' nuisance. Onto the "ouchy" bench for you!!!

Had my appt and am either trying a new drug or taking certain vitamins, my choice, letter will arrive telling me more about it all, think it's just going to be something I have to live with, am luckier than lots of people because it's not sore, just annoyingSmiley Frustrated!

ED had bad news yesterday she has leased a flat for almost 6 years and owners now want it for their daughter, she was devastated................sooooooo the hunt is onSmiley Sad! We're checking somewhere on Mon, fingers crossed.

Packet slapped on my floor this morning, ran excitedly to the door and it was my new sleeves, woo hoo, scooby/booby doo. Who would ever thought I would be excited by sleeves??? hahahaha, boo hoo Smiley Sadxx

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

Don't know what exactly you are looking for, Jan (I wore the M&S recommended post-surgery bra for years BEFORE my dx as it was the only thing in cotton and big enough!) but there are some pretty non-wired ones here:

https://uk.triumph.com/bras/non-wired

and here - specialist post-surgery ones!

http://www.royce-lingerie.co.uk/collection?range=Caress

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

I was on the Cursing Repeatedly About Muscle Pain (or CRAMP) bench all night. In and out of bed like a bl***y jack in the box! 😢

Did taking tonic water help, FF? Any other miracle cures? My legs are so sore today after repeated bouts of severe cramp - in places I never used to get cramp!! 

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

On the K*****ed bench tonight. Week 2 went quickly. 2 down, 4 to go until 1/2 term. Can't believe it's the middle of Jan already - still not used to the idea of 2016 (or, let's face it, 2015 for that matter!)

Yesterday, after work, I took my dead tablet to a computer repair shop in a little local market town. They don't repair tablets, but they told me of a shop that does in another little local market town, in the opposite direction from my house. It was too late to go then, so I went "on my way home" tonight. Pouring with rain, freezing cold and hideous traffic. This shop DOES repair tablets, but not mine as the manufacturers (big(gest?) supermarket) won't let them have the parts, and the shop won't fit non-genuine parts. 

Back home. Ring helpline. Bloke very unhelpful at first, refusing to do anything without receipt details, even though I have thge box, all original packaging and the seriel number. Until I got stroppy! I really let him have it. Told him it was appalling service to not allow repair shops to repair their products, and yet refuse to do it themselves - it's not as if anyone else sells these own brand tablets!! How can I be expected to have the receipt when it was a gift??!! Anyway, eventually, he said that if he could talk to the person who bought it, he might be able to verify the purchase. With impeccable timing, OH walked into the house at that very moment, so I thrust the phone at him and said talk ro this guy about my H***l. After 5 minutes, having got OH's email, mobile phone number and address, he found the order and BINGO! he's agreed ro have it back for repair "as it is a manufacturing fault". Ah! So you're admitting it now??! They're collecting it on Tuesday, but can't specify a time other than between 9am and 6pm. I can't stay at home, so we'll have to smile sweetly at the neighbours!

I hate having to do battle over the phone. So wearing!  CBA bench for me with a large mugatea. Snzzzzz

Totally with you on the ugly bra thing, Jan.  I am not ready for Playtex Cross Your Heart style either, but the alternative is the non wired post surgery bra I bought in m&s before my op.  Beige, in every way Smiley Sad. I think I hate them because they represent what I no longer have (2 boobs😉), perhaps that's why it upsets you too?  Just because the physical scars are healing doesn't mean the emotional ones are keeping pace.  My Px would have been nice food and lots of wine; glad you came away with that at least!  There's always plenty of room on my g&t bench 😀

I think the skin tight PVC dresses would be way too subtle for Ms Hall's wedding Smiley Wink. I'm helping Mr & Mrs tat senior to declutter this weekend ahead of a house move.  Once I'm back home I shall be scouring t'internet for suggestions for the H&M wedding.  Such a high profile wedding is really going to be the making of Norcambe Nuptials, ladies.  Our services will be in demand worldwide and our name will be synonymous with quality, style and class.  

Well ladies think I need a new bench think I will call it the " totally depressing shopping" bench. Why when I go looking for bras can I only find underwired or granny style bras. Ok I am a nanna, 2 beautiful, though rarely seen grandchildren and another due in July but it doesn't mean I want to wear full cup granny bras. Why do I still have incredible meltdowns over really simple things. Left m&s in total despair because I couldn't find a feminine bra? Ok rant over at least their meal for 2 for £10 is really worth it. Well on with the wine, just love happy hour in my home. Although usually means 10pm bed time 😂?
Think I have moved to tat's g&t bench well wine in my case.
Have a good weekend ladies.
Jan x

First item to sort out must be flattie shoes for Ms Hall - we don't want her to tower over her bridegroom on the day, now do we?????

OR what about a VERY large dress so she can sit down on a mobi scooter and propel herself down the aisle, or whatever they are having - probably a palace in Monaco. 

I feel their rejecting the idea of Norcambe for the venue as a tad over-superior....there are lots of B&Bs for guest accommodation, Rita's is fine for breakfasts, and we know the Madlands do a lovely afternoon tea for the reception. And they have a helipad on the roof.............. I think.

Who said it's not posh enough? Oh get over yourself!!!

This wedding will drive us bonkers at Norcambe Nuptials, so we need supplies in the Lost Plottery Shed a.s.a.p.

grumpy

Community Champion

Excellent that nurse was so thoughtful and kind kayak, fingers crossed for you.

JCJ if it had been here I would have been fine with appt but I will have to leave at 2, get on train, hang about for an hour, then appt, if they are running late which is usual, won't get back till after 6, whew!!! 

Murdoch & Hall we can do that, may have to change dresses etc because more appropriate for JCJ's daughter's wedding??

What do you think?? xx

Sorry you had such a rough time of it Jan , sounds awful . Good that the nurse was so helpful and efficient and has arranged for a private room for you . 

Hope you can take your mind off things over the next couple of weeks , lots of hugs and healing thoughts .

Jill xxxx

Of course!  Murdoch & Hall are bound to want us to plan their wedding.  No time to waste, let's start putting together the mood board 😉

JCJ, now you've said it we can't 'un know' it... 😜

Oh dear Norcambe Nuptials will have to find new clients this year.

What about Rupert Murdoch and Jerry Hall??????

I leave the idea to your imagination......

grumpy

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

Hahaha! Brilliant! Love the hilarious wedding bench. Smiley Happy

Had phone call from YD tonight. Good news and bad news: Wedding venue chosen and date picked. However it's not going to be this year....or anywhere near the West coast of Lancashire. Norwich. May 28th 2017. Gives me longer to perfect the MOTB costume?

Benchland Bridal Services will have to find other clients for this summer.

Fell about laughing when I put the date on the calendar. Daughter's initial is S. Future D-I -L's is M so I wrote: (I hope this doesn't get bleeped....let's see) "S&M wedding" ooh er?! The 'Veronica' is starting to look very appropriate? ? Teehee

I've been thinking about our marketing material when we open up the services of the fabulous Benchland Brides/Norcambe Nuptials/CCC wedding planning service to the wider public.....  This image caught my eye 

Thanks 😃 xx

Thanks for updating us, Jan, and sounds like your oncology team are on the ball.  Small acts of kindness like the nurse booking all your sessions in a private room mean so much at times like this Smiley Happy. I hope, now you know what's happening, that you can do something nice that doesn't involve hospitals!  We'll keep the benches warm until you need them again.  Take care xxxx

Well ladies thanks for hugs etc.
Oncologist ok. Explained all quite thoroughly but really didn't understand my reluctance to want to fill my body with chemicals that will make me ill! Anyway upshot I'm having 6 sessions of EC starting 2nd February .
Waiting room was really really crowded when we got to hospital, I struggle with crowds. Made a comment to the Dr as the sheer volume of people and noise really gets me. She assured me chemo suite was better and arranged for me to go for a look around. Wow it was busy! I had a panic attack and had to be taken out. Really struggled, not sure why, I know I have issues with crowds but not had a panic attack like that before. The nurse I was with quickly saw the problem and showed me to a private room. She quickly disappeared and then told me she has arranged for a private room for all my treatments. So fingers crossed I will cope, at least I know the hospital is doing its best. So planning to leave the SS bench , well at least for next 2 weeks. I have decided to take a break if my brain lets me. Will rejoin the wedding planners soon.
Thanks to all you ladies your support is much appreciated
Jan x