JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

Re: stop feeling guilty, small rant (BENCHLAND)

OMG! You are not going to believe this, but it seems we are actually setting trends here in Benchland! I genuinely just saw someone in our local village chippy wearing.....wait for it.....flashing light shoes!! Honestly! They were white plimsoles/pumps/tennis shoes with colour changing LED lights all around where the fabric met the rubber sole. I wanted to get a photo of them but couldn't find a way to do it surreptitiously! She looked like an upended Christmas tree! I thought of muttering the code word "Benchland" in her vicinity, to see if she was one of us! 😁

Tat, lido is lidocaine (sp?) - KTC's pain medication infusion and MMU  stands for Morecambe Meet Up. We've had 3 already, hence MMU4. It also explains references to certain landmarks, cafes and drinking establishments in the Benchland Carols! 

Have a good weekend everyone. I intend to spend a large part of it on the CBA bench.....because I've earned it!!

Haven't a clue about lido (unless it's an outdoor pool) or MMU4, so I'm taking my lead from the others who seem very excited about a wheelchair and all the potential shenanigans, KTC.  I hope you get a properly pimped up one, or perhaps we can help.  Here's a suggestion that would fit in well with the chariots?  If it doesn't float your boat, I'm sure we can come up with plenty of ideas Smiley Happy

Welcome back, Jan.  So pleased to hear you had a good break and felt like you again Smiley Happy

Tat xx

Hi all
I am back from the escape bench and rejoining you all though I am undecided about which bench I am favouring. Had a really lovely break soooo good to do something that didn't involve hospital visits. It was great to be a person again have recently felt as if I am the disease. People only see the disease and either talk about it constantly or it becomes the elephant in the room.
Thank goodness head in a better place now.
Haven't had internet for a few days so some forum catching up to do 😃.
Hugs to you all
Jan x

Went to Drs. today and he wouldn't have it that the side effects of the tablets had made me worse.  But he did agree that I could come off them.  Seeing as I stopped taking them a week ago and got promptly better, I have a different opinion to him but I wasn't going to argue as I got what I wanted.  

Oooh, wheelchair races at MMU4........????  Hope it's only temporary Katy and that the lido goes well.

School is much as usual, I only had two days off so it didn't have too much chance to get behind and today they've been off on a trip so I got the opportunity to catch up.

Appt with consultant 're ears and MRI head scan on 30th Jan, so trying not to think about it...... if it's not my ears which are causing the balance problems, what else can it be? Something neurological? Scary.

Me up a ladder to do the decorating was hilarious!!! Anyhow I didn't fall off, or spill any paint on the carpet.

Grumpy

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

Wheelchair KTC?? Is that because of lido? Is it a temporary thing, or will it be permanent? 😱

Oh boy! Just think of the Benchland capers we can get up to with a *wheelchair* - mad enough with the chariot? Bags I sit on your lap at MMU4 (only kidding 😜😘) xx

Community Champion

The snow has disappeared hooray, lasted for ages!

Off for my "lido" tomorrow, have done all the shopping etc so well prepared, can't remember if I said but will be in a wheelchair, mmmmmmmmmm tummy a little twirly about that, silly I knowSmiley Frustrated!

Had my hair chopped today and it is sooooooooooo short, thought it was short before but this is really short, that's what happens when you talk too much!!

Have you had any word yet about your scan grumpy? xx

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

Sorry you have been ill again, FF. I hope you are much recovered and there aren't too many pieces to pick up at work!!

I've had a long, stressful day in which it has been hard to keep the positive persona in evidence! Class had a supply teacher this am and me this pm and they have been really "trying it on"!! Driving home though, I heard a news item that genuinely did make me laugh out loud: Apparently, police were called to a school in Lancs because a child had written that he lived in a "terrorist house". It turns out he meant "terraced" hahahaha Smiley LOL  Made me feel so much better! At least *I* didn't have to call the police?! Smiley Tongue

How British is that, FF, apologising for being poorly 😉. Glad you're on the mend now.

Must be something going round, KTC, I've had a busy day too, charging around the house cleaning and  ironing too.  Must be the sunshine showing up all the dust and dog hair Smiley Wink  Speaking of the dog, we had a wonderful, long and not muddy walk today, hurrah 😀 The only bit I didn't enjoy was running away from the enormous bull who came to see us off his land!  Why don't farmers put up a sign to warn walkers of a bull in the field?  Spoils the spectacle of 'mad tat lady' legging it across a heavily rutted field, perhaps?

had a Blue Peter moment today and made a countdown calendar for rads, although now I've done it I'm not sure it'll give much comfort until the end is in sight 😨. Start on 2nd Feb and finish on 17th March, so I'll bring the glitterberry juice that night (if I'm not asleep!).  

Community Champion

Glad you are feeling better FFSmiley Happy! How scary???

JCJ maybe some of the "invisible" from Benchland has occurred, you think tablet is in porch??? Is it really??? or has it magically appeared with them???  An enigma wrapped in mystery methinks!

Fabulous news JCJ, so you had Lynn visiting you too, she really is a piece of work. Think it's great that you will see onc, extra reassurance.

tat when do you start your rads??

Have been superly busy today even IRONED, what's wrong with me???? xx

Highlighted

Sorry girls, been a little bit poorly this last week.  My GP tried to kill me!  Actually that's not true, he was trying to cure me of my slight anaemia but the tablets he gave me caused a reaction to the other tablets that I take and I've only been able to be up and around today.  So, of course,  the first thing I did was come to Benchland.!

I am fully recovered and will never again take tablets until I have thoroughly satisfied myself that they are ok with my other meds.  GP will get a telling off when I see him on Thursday. I had to see a different Dr. last week .

Back to school tomorrow unfortuately.

Fab news, JCJ 😀🍾 Glitterberry juice all round, even if it is a school night 😀. 

Oh dear, sounds like tablet gate has a while to run yet Smiley Sad. Hate institutional incompetence when all you have is a customer disservice number to contact.  I love internet shopping, but it's so much better to speak face to face with a real human when you have a problem, eh?

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

Annual check up all OK. Smiley Happy  Next year WILL be the last, with the surgeon, but because of the REACT trial, I will see the oncologist for an extra 5 years.  Mammogram booked for 3rd March.

There were 2 students in with the surgeon and I let one of them 'cop a feel' too. We've all got to learn at some point?  Interestingly, surgeon said to the students that I was an interesting case because I had a temporary lymphodema (in boob, not arm) and was "one of the lucky ones because it was only temporary". Really?! That's news to me!! I have vague memories of mention of the 'L' word as a possibility but I never realised it was officially in my records!! Glad to be numbered among the 'lucky ones' though! Smiley Very Happy

Tablet being collected for repair tomorrow, but I've received a text saying my parcel was collected on Monday 18th and is at Smethwick branch of <insert name of delivery company here> awaiting delivery to me tomorrow. WTF?? It's in my porch waiting for them to collect it for repair!! Unless they know **** well they can't repair it and are sending me a new one?? (Or as YD says, because they are no longer making them: they're sending me a knackered one that somebody else has returned?!)

I'm beginning to feel guilty 'cos I don't have a decorating/interior design project on the go (or on the cards) at the moment Smiley Sad

Had my rads planning session today, a very smooth and efficient process.  I am sure there is a connection between the efficiency and the free parking....our parking spend to date would pay off the debt of a small African nation, so when your parking is free the service runs on time!!

Hope the scan results are good, JCJ.  Lots of hugs and anything else you need waiting for you in Benchland xxx

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

Psst! Grumpy is?! That's enough glitterberry juice! I don't know about seeing double, but you're *writing* double! Teehee.

Well I've amazed myself with the tarting up of bedroom! Three coats of paint needed to cover the bright yellow wall, dogs paint free, blobs of pale coffee colour removed from skirting board (i am a messy decorator), new bedding in place, just need to sort out the art work........ and the Oxfam (other.....) curtains are perfect and a bargain at a tenner! This room would now be modern trendy honeymoon suite for Murdoch and Hall, apart from no en-suite, have to totter across the landing for a wee in the night - Murdoch may find that a problem!!!

Roll on the next project - conversion of vehicle into campervan. I'm not sure the dogs will cope with the stress, Joey is distraught and Meg is carrying her blanket all round the house for comfort.

Another swig of glitterberry juice is on the cards, then bedtime - oh bliss!

Grumpy

Well I've amazed myself with the tarting up of bedroom! Three coats of paint needed to cover the bright yellow wall, dogs paint free, blobs of pale coffee colour removed from skirting board (i am a messy decorator), new bedding in place, just need to sort out the art work........ and the Oxfam (other.....) curtains are perfect and a bargain at a tenner! This room would now be modern trendy honeymoon suite for Murdoch and Hall, apart from no en-suite, have to totter across the landing for a wee in the night - Murdoch may find that a problem!!! Roll on the next project - conversion of vehicle into campervan. I'm not sure the dogs will cope with the stress, Joey is distraught and Meg is carrying her blanket all round the house for comfort.

Another swig of glitterberry juice is on the cards, then bedtime - oh bliss!

Grumpy

Community Champion

Good luck for tomorrow JCJ, that horrible nervousness don't think it will ever leave any of us.

Grumpy what colour scheme are you doing?
Where are you FF?
Tat you are funny glad you were comfortable over weekend. I hate bras now haha !
We have had snow lying here from last wed......
My new coffee table was delivered really like it so also ordered a console table in same style, it came on fri so was all excited hee hee! Totally changed the look in living room! New year new look......
Received a small tv as a xmas gift for bedroom so bought one of those new fangled devices that turns it into a smart tv am well pleased! So would def recommend .
Who's wedding are we doing now???? Xx

I got my prosthesis last Wednesday, Jan.  I don't bother wearing anything at home, but this weekend I was at my folks' and wore it for up to 7 hours at a time.  I was pleasantly surprised at how comfortable it is Smiley Happy

I get who Lynn is now, KTC Smiley Wink  Hope the new sleeves help.  JCJ, a family member had terrible night time leg cramps and tried all sorts of things, the most helpful being a sports type drink.  You can make your own so you have more control over what you are drinking and tweak for the flavour you find most palatable.  Searching 'sports drink recipe' or 'electrolyte drink recipe' should bring up plenty of suggestions Smiley Happy

Hope everyone has had a good weekend.  Tat xx

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

What a shame they couldn't afford a dress for her, Tat?!