cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

stop feeling guilty, small rant (BENCHLAND)

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

Re: stop feeling guilty, small rant (BENCHLAND)

ES sent me a text earlier that made me laugh. It seems fitting for Benchland, so I'll share it with you in he hope it makes you smile too:

"I'm suffering from mood poisoning. It must have been something I hate" (eg incompetence from medics? BC? Ta'poxy'fen? Lynn? Someone looking at us in a funny tone of voice, someone NOT looking at us.....need I go on? 😜)

I'll be thinking of you tomorrow, T4T. x

Parachuting?  Who said anything about parachuting?  No, no, no, no!  There will be no parachuting, I draw the line there.  It is not happening.  23 years ago I took my first aeroplane flight and had to face the second in order to get home!  I swore then that my feet would never EVER leave the ground again and they won't!  Not even in Benchland!

Another lovely lazy day, library books read and ready to be returned tomorrow.  Real life also resumes tomorrow.

Good luck tomorrow Tat, hope you get some news that will help you with your choices.

Community Champion

Am not going to wear the cake on my head while parachuting, don't want it squashed!

Are we having a posy?

Busy day today opened wardrobe and had another clearout, am getting really good about getting rid of things, used to be a terrible hoarder haha! So off to charity shop tomorrow.

Thank you girls for your help will phone doc tomorrow.

All the very best for you tomorrow tat, big hugs coming your way.

Glad your scan was fine grumpy, fingers crossed for good results. xx

I have also looked up Ta'poxy'fen and bruising and I'm really not jumping to conclusions here but I get (only small) bruises on my legs and I can never remember bumping into anything. Hmmm?

Really glad your results were clear Katy.

Hope your MRI wasn't too bad Grumpy.  Hopefully there will be an easily fixable diagnosis. I have my fingers crossed for you.

JCJ, I think as they are the Benchland camels you should definitely have first choice of Hump or Dink.

Had a lovely lazy day today, visited library got some books that I've been waiting for and some the staff had put aside for me.  I'm such a regular visitor (at least twice a week and they've got to know what I like and they keep books aside for me). They know that if they give me a book on a Saturday, it will be returned on the Monday, so it's not out of general circulation for long.

Scan went OK, thankfully. Not as noisy as the last one, and diazepam made me super relaxed (no, not TENA lady relaxed........). Had to be given strong coffee by nurse, and told to have a sit down before driving home! Don't know when I'll get the results.

Then took dogs for walk on the beach and ate my packed lunch on a bench - lovely.

Grumpy

You ladies are such a tonic 😉.   Invisible ink 😂

I quite fancy the bridesmaids arriving on a float or extra large chariot, carnival style, so everyone gets an eyeful of our awesome outfits and general all round fabulousness 😀. 

KTC, I also used a (non-specified!) search engine and the top results were all from this forum, at least one per year re bruising whilst on the Tapoxystuff.  Sometimes drugs manufacturers change their formulation to make cost savings, so even though your brand hasn't changed the ingredients may have....worth checking ? 

Tat xx

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

Hope your scan going OK, Grumpy. MRI scans are a bit nerve wracking and very noisy but at least they're not at all painful. Hope you have speedy non-scary results!

By the way with reference to the new fleeces (wearing one now. Snuggly) they are from T*******. Think of The Lord's Prayer: "Forgive us those who T******* against us"!!

Would it be very uncharitable of me to make sure I have Dink and FS has Hump? FOTBs (potentially 3 of them, as FS remarried) can arrive on the Chariots. Smiley Happy

Welcome Suzy! Don't be shy!! Or were you using that invisible ink? Smiley Happy

Community Champion

No, no brand change, have numerous small bruises as well..............first huge one was around 6" long by 4", 2nd one around 4" by 2 and now this one 4" by 5" , hope I'm doing inches and not feet hahaha!

Googled first and head went into a spin, but thankfully tests all good so what is it???

Another thing first two are almost gone now which is superly quick, will check regarding ta"poxy"fen at docs, thank you JCJ xx

Community Champion

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

Katy, have you acquired the Benchland Bridesmaids mode of transport?! Smiley Happy It's shaping up well: MOTBs both arrive on camels (other one, I'll call her FS, has also had BC, 5 years before me!), Brides arrive in Kayaks and the BMs in the Orange Arrows It'll be A.maze.ing!!

Your bruising could well be a Ta'poxy'fen SE! I just googled it (I know, I know) and up popped lots of links on various cancer sites, including a thread on our own dear BCC!

https://forum.breastcancercare.org.uk/t5/Hormone-therapy/Tamoxifen-and-Bruising/td-p/854775

If you've had the blood tests and there's nothing else amiss (TFFT!!) then it could just be the Ta'poxy'fen. Have you changed brands recently?

Community Champion

Good luck today grumpy, hopefully you will find out soon what's causing issues. Sometimes arthur in the neck area or top of spine can give you bad headaches and dizziness.

Blood tests back and all fine, whew, last night another monster bruise appeared, any ideas most welcome, will have to go back to docs.........

images (2).jpg What about this??? Wedding gift that will look fabulous in any room, a real talking point xx

Norcambe Nuptials perhaps?????

MRI scan tomorrow  to find out what's wrong with my ears - diazepam in handbag to take at hospital if I feel all jittery.

Tat, do get as much info as possible, and don't be pushed into a decision before you're ready, a few more days won't make a difference. Big hugs for now.

Grumpy

Tat sending hugs xx
Jan x
Highlighted

Tat, the words "rock" and "hard place" occurred to me after reading your post.  Hugs from me too.  Have placed a hangover cure beside your bench.  Guaranteed to work within minutes!  Hopefully you will will get more info/better news on Monday.

I think we all ought to wear the orange cakes on our heads.  Yes, they'll look lovely and will be on hand, I mean head, if supplies of cake get low.

Setting up a wedding organising business is an inspired idea, we'll make a fortune.  What shall we call ourselves?  Weddings 'R Us?  Benchland Brides?  Morecambe Marriages? Camels Cause Carnage?

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

I have heard of people having 25 rads and 15, but not 33. Perhaps you are having a gentler dose to reduce the risk of sarcoma, so you need more doses?? Just a thought.

Make a list of all your questions/concerns and go armed with them on Monday. Don't be pushed into treatment you are not happy (totally wrong word to choose, but "comfortable" not much better??) with. Remember, it's YOUR body! 

Has Chemo been mentioned? (Forgive me if you've already told us you've had it/can't have it - I'm too Friday-night-after-first-week-back-at-school tired to hunt back through the posts to check!)

Have a look at some of the rads threads. I found it really helpful to talk to ladies going through it at the same time. "Starting rads in February" sort of thing! More hugs.

Thanks, ladies, hugs gratefully received.  Have you ever heard of anyone receiving 33 rads?  I'm sure it must happen, but I was a tad surprised and a lot dismayed.  It could be mid March before I'm cooked!

Community Champion

Aaah tat, maybe your seroma man/woman will have different options for you, big hugs flying your way xx

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

Oh that's a really sh***y "choice" T4T. Piling up tissues, cake, and hugs for you by your new bench.

Hugs xx

Re: stop feeling guilty, smant (BENCHLAND)

*Tat appears, stage left, carrying an 'Angiosarcoma Sucks' bench, a picture of the consultant who failed to biopsy the lump, a large pot of (poisoned) darts to chuck at said consultant's face and a huuuuuge bucket of G&T*

Poor onc (lovely lady) had the job of explaining the two options agreed by the MDT to deal with the teensy margin on part of my tumour.  I could choose 'extensive' surgery to remove ribs, and the subsequent ribcage reconstruction, scarring, physio, recovery time, etc.  She could tell she wasn't selling that to me as a first option, so the next offer was 33 rads.  33!! That's SIX AND A HALF WEEKS of rads!

We get to sleep (haha!) on that for the weekend before seeing the sarcoma consultant on Monday morning where we may, or may not (back to the rare cancer thing again), get more hard data on risks vs benefits of rads for a cancer that can be caused by rads.  Aaaaargh!

And I was on the money re the turf war between breasts and sarcomas over who leads my care!  The nurse was very diplomatic in everything she said, but her face gave it away in the seconds before her mouth started working Smiley Wink 

If anyone needs me I'll be on the Dribbling Drunk bench for the forseeable future Smiley Wink

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

Glad to be of service T4T. Hope your onc appointment went OK. Yes, explaining Benchland (and its associated shouts of laughter) is always a tricky thing! One usually gets blank stares at best, ranging through "yes dear"s, hastily changing the subject right up to phoning for medical assistance! Smiley Happy Definitely a " you had to be there" type of humour?!

This has been an extraordinarily long week. I am so glad it's Friday evening at last. Looking forward to be trip to the chippy. (And pretending my jeans aren't too tight!!)