cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

stop feeling guilty, small rant (BENCHLAND)

12,802 REPLIES
JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

Re: stop feeling guilty, small rant (BENCHLAND)

Glad your DIY went to plan.  No odd left over bits or wonky legs! Not even on the furniture! Smiley Tongue

Not really a posh hotel. - "only" a 3*, but that's posh for us. We're more used to Traveldodge! It's been really odd packing to stay in a hotel with the car. Usually only use hotels for Morwich and Norecambe "visiting/meeting the girls" trips when we/I travel by train. 

Oh doesn't moan when I'm driving, or comment at all - unless I'm driving his car - but his anxiety makes him shake and twitch more which I find really off-putting when I'm trying to concentrate. (Imagine a dog scratching rigorously; that's what it sounds like). Travelling in the back makes it less stressful for him and therefore for me too. Hopefully tomorrow's journey won't be too bad. I know the road: driven it loads of times, and it's not too far.

Dinner is roast pork, roasties, Yorkshire pudding, sprouts, roast parsnips, carrots, stuffing, apple sauce and gravy followed by pears poached in brandy,  ice cream, shortbread (still getting through the Christmas stash!!) and chocolate brandy sauce. Help yourselves. No more cooking for me until at least Thursday, possibly not until next weekend. Smiley Happy 

Community Champion

Yes better to sort it when you have the time.

Enjoy your break, is it a posh hotel?? 

When you are driving, if OH is moaning just say do you want me to stop and let you out so you can make your own way there???

That'll teach himSmiley Happy

Well, been busy DIY ing..............couldn't buy the under sink cabinet because sink is an unusual shape and pedestal part is huge so would have defeated the purpose..........sooooooooo bought a small cabinet that sits at the side, managed to make it up but put hinges on the wrong way, all sorted now and am really pleased with results. Also bought a towel ring and that is up now too, woo hoo!!

Am just going to the chippie tonight, on the "CBA" bench most of the day and believe me it will be an effort to walk around the corner, but a bigger effort to make anything haha xx

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

Both cars still on the drive. Smiley Sad I just didn't have the mental energy to renegotiate with OH AND car buying company. I had intended to sort it out during half term, as we're not visiting the girls this time, but I have just booked 3 nights in a hotel in Ashbourne, Derbyshire  for next week, as OH desperate to get away from the house. It's only about 90 minute drive away so hopefully he won't stress too much about it - and he sits in the back in the car now which makes it easier. We haven't booked our summer holiday yet and if this one goes OK it might give us more options.

Spent an hour or so in the garden this afternoon doing a bit of pruning and tidying. Lovely to be outside and not be freezing or getting soaked.  The spring bulbs are all flowering and the birds were twittering away. Wonderful. Smiley Very Happy

Community Champion

Oh my gosh, can't believe it, how very annoying,and infuriating grrrrr, after me saying easy and hassle free................

Fingers crossed, it's gone................xx

Highlighted
JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

Have you a local handyman who can come and build cabinet for you? I've seen adverts in our local paper for such a service. Doesn't cost too much - furniture still probably cheaper than ready built?

I am on the FF bench. They never showed up to collect OH's car. Spitting feathers! After I spent so long convincing him that it was worth accepting less for the car in order to have a relatively stress-free transaction. Collection due between 2pm and 6pm. Driver will phone an hour before. Phone call at 1:30pm to say driver running late. Will now be between 5:30pm and 7. 6:30pm - another call: had I heard from the driver yet? No! By 8pm I tried to ring to see what was happening but of course none of the numbers were being answered - office closes at 6pm. So they couldn't have completed payment at 7pm anyway? ? Grrrrrr! As you can imagine, it's been a very stressful afternoon! OH has tried really hard to keep it together but at 8 O'clock he finally snapped and told me to "Tell them to st*ff it!" I have blasted off a strongly worded email - keyboard warrior that I am Smiley Tongue - but I don't think OH will sell to them now even if they come grovelling. Back to square one. Smiley Sad. Felt like ramming the da** thing when I put my car back on the drive just now!

Glad you won't have to wait so long for next lido, it's good to have the date. 

Community Champion

Dinner was delicious, thank you!!

Day at home today, woo hoo, house full in the afternoon, lovely timeSmiley Happy

Not too bad a week ahead, up to see Mum, into town and out with GD on Thurs for tea. We have finally managed to have a free evening..............

Cold here, frosty evenings and sunshine during the day, don't mind this weather.

New lido appt came over weekend, 7 weeks, so that's great.

Have been looking at under sink storage cabinets for YD's bathroom, but the one that is pretty is DIY mmmmmmmmmm, struggle to build things now, would have liked to surprise her, will see when I venture into shop if it's an easy one or complicated, why are the instuctions always so difficult??? xx

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

Dinner in the shed: lamb, roasties, Yorkshire pudding, smashed roots, cabbage, peas, gravy and mint sauce followed by raspberries, shortbread biscuits, mango & passion fruit frozen yoghurt, lemon sorbet and chocolate sauce. Help yourselves. I. Am. Stuffed. 

Community Champion

Condolences to your family FF, you never want anyone to suffer.

So pleased car is going JCJ, thought it was a great service, Mum was also very sad to see car go, she was "the driver " in the family and that sense of freedom was diminished, it was def the right decision (for Mum) albeit a sad one. Your OH still has you driving, may be able to start thinking about scooters again in the next few months. 

Happy you are enjoying being a part timerSmiley Happy!

Both GC are doing well, GS is very dainty and GD is a hulk hahaha!!!

Colic has gone, think it was the one of the worst things ever and made me very glad I didn't experience it with my children............hats off to all parents that endure.............

Had a lovely, lovely surprise yesterday, ED sent me flowers, chocs and a little note was enclosed that made me blubber for ages...........

Am busy, busy with washing, have loads to do, miss a couple of days and there is a mountain to climb, only one more load to go, woo hoo. Everything that can be tumble dried is being dried that way.

Still have to hooverSmiley Frustrated, will do it after the next cup of tea, this is the third time I have said that.

Did you venture to chippie last night JCJ??? 

Lots of GC appearing, one more on the horizon for you FF??? haha xx

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

Deleted as posted twice. I forgot to tick I'm not a robot but it posted anyway and I hadn't realised. 

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

Commiserations to D's family, FF. Although, as you say, I'm sure their grief is softened by relief that she's no longer suffering.

OH's car is sold. Online company coming to.collect it on Monday, (thanks Katy! Smiley Happy ) That will be an extremely sad and difficult day for OH. Smiley Sad But I will be relieved that it's gone and isn't sitting there, in my way and steadily devaluing. Hopefully,  when it's no longer there as a constant reminder, he might feel better. Probably not.

Only 1 week left to half term. I'm not as desperate for a holiday as I usually am at this time - the benefits of being a lazy part-timer! Smiley Very Happy I even made some bread last weekend! Not sure I'll make a habit of it because it was a lot of faff, iand I won't be on "Bake Off", but the rolls were yummy, if a teeny bit solid. Made with Wholemeal seeded flour. Tasty! I'll put some in the shed with my homemade turkey soup. Made Barrabrith today. I'll put some of that in there too.

Don't think we're going to Morwich this half term because DIL is about to give birth, YD doesn't want to take time off work until the baby's born, so she can have her 2 weeks 'paternity' leave, and we're going in April anyway. May go somewhere else for a couple of days. Or may just stay here on the CBA bench?!

Hope the babies are still doing fine, Katy. It'll be lovely for the cousins growing up, being so close in age. Smiley Happy 

Congratulations on being Nannie to four, you are catching me up!  So glad everything went well.

Snow all gone after all the rain we've had.  School much as usual.

SIL's mother died last night and really it is a blessed release, she was 91 and her quality of life for the last year was......?

So i've done quite a lot a babysitting for the last few days.  Some interesting/difficult questions from the 13 yr old GD who obviously didn't feel she could ask her Mum and Dad!   Eek!  Hope I got the answers right but I've relayed it all to he Mum so we'll be on the same page.

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

Congratulations! Nanny x 4! Smiley Very Happy 38 minutes??? That was quick! Well, I suppose it was her third. So pleased she had it naturally _ I'm guessing baby turned herself around?

Glad lido effective and not too much hassle this time. 

Are you able to get to school yet, FF?

Had to put 2 new tyres on the car yesterday. Tread was still legal, but they were cracking and wearing unevenly. Not the best timing with my first reduced pay cheque! Ah well, if they last 10 years like the ones they replaced it won't be so bad. 

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

Congratulations! Nanny x 4! Smiley Very Happy 38 minutes??? That was quick! Well, I suppose it was her third. So pleased she had it naturally _ I'm guessing baby turned herself around?

Glad lido effective and not too much hassle this time. 

Are you able to get to school yet, FF?

Had to put 2 new tyres on the car yesterday. Tread was still legal, but they were cracking and wearing unevenly. Not the best timing with my first reduced pay cheque! Ah well, if they last 10 years like the ones they replaced it won't be so bad. 

Community Champion

I am a nannie, woo hooSmiley Very Happy, ED and baby both well, natural birth 38 mins after arriving at hospital in another city, very happy tonight xx

Community Champion

Maybe we are???? And we don't know it???? Arrrrrrgh

What a difference a day makes, can put my feet on the ground without inwardly screaming and I am feeling ok hurrah!!

Went really well, canula second attempt, posh new surroundings but within the bowels of the hospital, found a short cut on the way back out but think I used docs private lift haha, it was very swanky.............

Still trying to get me to have it in tummy but am really trying to resist, last thing I wantSmiley Frustrated

ED will be off to hospital on Wed, there was a cancellation so am hoping baby arrives that day and she's not there for days, am feeling super excitedSmiley Happy xx

I wrote a reply and it's disappeared. I can't be bothered to do it again.

Snow mostly gone from town but outlying villages (i.e. school ) only passable in a 4×4.  Rain forecast tonight, hope that washes it all away.

Am I a robot?  Don't think I am but ..........would I know if was or not?

Community Champion

I'm not one either...............or am I???

It was just the complete hassle free way for Mum to get rid off car, she didn't have to leave the house and am sure money was in her bank account an hour or less later. Fingers crossed it's gone soon, one less thing to worry/think about.

Lido tomorrow seems such a long wait, had to buy new slippers today because old slippers had a cushion sole and felt as though I was walking on sharp stones ouch, new slippers are firmer so hoping feet calm down.

ED has to go to hospital on Fri unless baby appears before that, she also has appt on Tues, which means I will have to take GS to my doctor's appt because our appts are at the same time so that should be interesting haha.

Am really hoping dinner is on the menu tonight, am going to leave some clotted cream rice pudding in the shed, it's really lovely, yum yum xx

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

I'm not a robot. That's good to know. Hehehe. 

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

Only a light dusting of snow here too. Very cold though. I was dressed up like the Michelin Man to wait for OH at swimming on Friday!

Are you snowed in, FF? Have you got enough bread and milk? Smiley Tongue It's only "panic buying" if you bought more than you could possibly consume in a month, otherwise it's "being sensibly prepared" Smiley Happy

Thank you, Katy for the idea re selling the car. I looked into getting an online firm to come and take it off our hands. Their quote is considerably less than OH was hoping for (and they haven't seen the state of the interior yet - or the scratches on the paintwork) but we decided the hassle free option was probably the way to go. Selected the 2 companies with the best quotes/reviews and received a barrage of emails and phone calls to arrange valuation and/or collection. Then we discovered he's managed to lose the V5C registration document, so we've had to apply for a £25 replacement. Smiley Sad Can't do anything until that arrives. In the meantime a local chap, out walking his dog, has spotted the For Sale signs in the car and has called to make enquiries, so we'll definitely be shot of it, one way or another, before too long. Can't wait, as it's in my way getting my car on and off the drive. I know as soon as its gone my car will break down though.

First reduced payslip this week. Smiley Sad I was expecting it to be the last full-time one because I thought we were paid a month in arrears, so it was a bit of a shock. Hey ho. It's only money. Smiley Indifferent

Community Champion

Slight dusting of snow here, it's still superly cold brrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

YD and GS have been away for a couple of days, so been getting things cleaned those jobs that are the "do it later kind".........

Windows shining now and under sofas properly dust free hurrah, even some ironing done.

Everyone is back and ED and family came along today soooooooooooo house is back to pre clean up, aaaah well at least for a couple of days it was sparkling.

Went into town for a short while yesterday but it was uncomfortable, roll on mon..........

Midwife is saying daughter maybe induced or c-section possibly next week no date yet should find out on mon. xx