cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

stop feeling guilty, small rant (BENCHLAND)

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

Re: stop feeling guilty, small rant (BENCHLAND)

I'm not a robot. That's good to know. Hehehe. 

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

Only a light dusting of snow here too. Very cold though. I was dressed up like the Michelin Man to wait for OH at swimming on Friday!

Are you snowed in, FF? Have you got enough bread and milk? Smiley Tongue It's only "panic buying" if you bought more than you could possibly consume in a month, otherwise it's "being sensibly prepared" Smiley Happy

Thank you, Katy for the idea re selling the car. I looked into getting an online firm to come and take it off our hands. Their quote is considerably less than OH was hoping for (and they haven't seen the state of the interior yet - or the scratches on the paintwork) but we decided the hassle free option was probably the way to go. Selected the 2 companies with the best quotes/reviews and received a barrage of emails and phone calls to arrange valuation and/or collection. Then we discovered he's managed to lose the V5C registration document, so we've had to apply for a £25 replacement. Smiley Sad Can't do anything until that arrives. In the meantime a local chap, out walking his dog, has spotted the For Sale signs in the car and has called to make enquiries, so we'll definitely be shot of it, one way or another, before too long. Can't wait, as it's in my way getting my car on and off the drive. I know as soon as its gone my car will break down though.

First reduced payslip this week. Smiley Sad I was expecting it to be the last full-time one because I thought we were paid a month in arrears, so it was a bit of a shock. Hey ho. It's only money. Smiley Indifferent

Community Champion

Slight dusting of snow here, it's still superly cold brrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

YD and GS have been away for a couple of days, so been getting things cleaned those jobs that are the "do it later kind".........

Windows shining now and under sofas properly dust free hurrah, even some ironing done.

Everyone is back and ED and family came along today soooooooooooo house is back to pre clean up, aaaah well at least for a couple of days it was sparkling.

Went into town for a short while yesterday but it was uncomfortable, roll on mon..........

Midwife is saying daughter maybe induced or c-section possibly next week no date yet should find out on mon. xx

Community Champion

I've had a snow day without any snow!  Forecast today was an amber warning of heavy snow about 4  to 6 PM.  I rang school ready to tell them that I wasn't going to go in but before I could say that, they were telling me not to risk it and stay home.  Expected snow never arrived, so I could have gone but it is snowing now and forecast to be snowing most of the night.

NIpped out to tesco to "panic buy" some bread and milk.  

How many times does " it'll do for now" remain a permanent fixture?  My job at the school was just "for now" until I found another one.  I'm still there eleven years on!

Community Champion

Yep freezing here too -3 at the moment, brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

Waterway in front is completely frozen.........

When my Mum sold her car she used one of those companies that come to the house and give you a price after examination, she did receive a reasonable price and it was no hassle at allSmiley Happy

Saw Mum yesterday and she was looking very, very tired, she chatted away though and made me laugh, she always does.

Have a unit in the living room which I use as a divider, am not too fond of it as it was a "it'll do for just now" so have been looking for ages for something same size etc, the ones I have found are ridiculously expensive or DIY, soooooooooo had a brainstorm yesterday and bought canvas drawer things, they fit perfectly and give little unit a new lease of life, woo hoo!!

ED, nothing happening yet, she sees midwife tomorrow to make a date for being induced, baby is still sideways, she's obviously in no hurry...............

Feet, elbows and fingers are superly ouchy, but lido on Mon so not too long to wait now:Smiley Frustrated xx

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

Absolutely freezing here, but no snow, yet, and the forecast has now reduced the risk from 80% chance of heavy snow to 50% chance of light snow tonight,so I guess we'll escape it. Hope it either snows hard enough to shut school or not at all. This morning it was -8°C and I snapped my scraper trying to clear the car windows. It's OK, there's one in the other car. Couldn't open any of the doors. Smiley Sad So I had to struggle with just the blade of the scraper. Nearly got frostbite in my fingers despite wearing leather gloves!

I have finally persuaded OH that we need to sell his car. He has put "For Sale" signs in it so I have taken photos ready to list it on a well known car trading website. He is, understandably, upset about it but I think he's beginning to realise it is the right decision.  We don't need such a big car and I don't like driving - or parking - it.  Keeping the thing charged,  mould-free and saleable is a bit of a pain. Especially in all this cold weather. 

Community Champion

GP appt went as I expected, just a "do you feel ok on these meds"?  "Yes I do".  "Ok then, bye bye".  Total waste of time but something that has to be gone through every year.

It snowed again last night, just a scattering but enough to turn it icy, glad I didn't have to go out early. All thawed and ok when I went to school.  More snow forecast for tomorrow. 

Sorry that I won't see you on you tube Katy,  but glad it all went ok.  Hope the results are good.

Community Champion

Hope all went well with your check up FF and meds are working.

You do get such lovely things now JCJ. 

Well, after much jittery nervousness, all went well with video, whew, was too busy concentrating to pay attention to filming!! Results after they have examined video, signed a paper stating it would be destroyed after they have viewed so no appearances on you tube hurrah. 

Snow all over but none here, thank goodness. GS's daddy took over three hours to arrive here this morning, usual journey time is an hour.........xx

Community Champion

Thank you for dinner JCJ and also for the information about the key that changes the keyboard,  I have now found it and the apostrophe key and many others too.  Yay!

Lovely hoodie and teddy models it so well. And now there's a babygro to match. Perfect.

Off to Drs  tomorrow just a routine yearly check up on meds so no worries. Waste of my time and his really.

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

Bought a grey and white striped fleece babygro in A**a today. It has "Born in 2019. Yaay!" embroidered on the front. Perfect. It goes with that hoodie perfectly. Smiley Happy

Hope video goes OK. Try not to giggle. What are you dancing to? Hehehe 

Community Champion

aaah lovely JCJ, she will be beautiful in all these knitted clothes and cosy in her blanket.

thank you for superly yummy dinner, was starving yesterday............

FF, isn't amazing how techie babies are nowadays.

Meeting a friend for tea/coffee later, then catchup on supermarket stuff, am dreading walkingSmiley Frustrated

No baby news yet, everyone is away tomorrow so wait and see she will decide to come then, just because it will be  extremely awkward..............ED is fed up.............

Bought four tops yesterday, from z***, am hoping they fit cause they are really bright and funky but that store has teeny weeny sizes as a 10 is really a 6!  fingers crossed

Video tomorrowSmiley Embarassed xx

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

Katy, I was knitting yesterday. Finished this hoodie for the baby - modelled by my favourite bear for YD's benefit.20190126_231912.jpg

About to start to design and knit antimacassers (or anti massacres, as I usually call them) for the arms of the sofa because the 17yr old leather is k***ered,  cracked and leaking stuffing.  The dog coat gave me an idea for how I might make them.

The new swimming app is pathetic. The longer challenges all have nothing to do with swimming - or even water!! - things like The London Marathon, The Three Peaks,  Everest.  Ridiculous! We'll need a LOT more rain before anyone can swim any of those. I'll finish the 45 mile round Jersey swim, recording my weekly swims myself, and then research other swimming apps - or even find out the lengths of other lochs/rivers and set my own challenges. How long is the lake in Benchland?!! Smiley Very Happy

Dinner tonight is roast beef, braised root veggies,  cabbage,  courgettes in garlic butter,  roasties, Yorkshire pudding and gravy, followed by molten chocolate pudding and raspberries. Tummy's rumbling in anticipation. 

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

On the two tablets I've owned, FF, there is a key at the bottom of the keyboard that is labelled "123" or it could be "symbol" (or any abbreviation thereof) This opens another keyboard with numbers and symbols. There is an "abc" key to get back to the normal keyboard and, on mine, another key that goes to a third keyboard with other symbols. Hope that helps!!! Smiley Happy
Community Champion

Oh dear, now I cannot count asterisks and jump to wrong conclusions.  I would not tell you to *** off either.

Why is there no apostrophe button on this tablet keyboard?

Babysat 4yr old GD for a little while this morning. Daughter had set her up on my laptop with Peter Rabbit games and then  left to see her MIL. Game ended and needed changing to a new one......I did not know how to do this so GD showed me.   She is 4, she knew what to do on a touch screen but my laptop has a mouse. I have the mouse skills that she does not but I had to be told what to do on a computer by a 4 yr old!

I am sitting on the I am a dinosaur bench!

Lovely and mild down here,  no coat needed yesterday, coat on today as it is raining  but still warm, yellow warning for wind tonight and tomorrow.

Eagerly awaiting your appearance on you tube Katy.  Keep off your feet, plan ahead and I hope you get the appts back to times that give you the most pain relief.

JCJ, how do I find an apostrophe key?

Community Champion

Well that was weird, there was no space to write anything, mmmmmmmmmm!

Yes have been self medicating with the creme eggs, 2 purchased and 2 eaten, feet are ok today cause have not been out..........

That's a shame you have no idea where you are or where you are going, were other apps not successful??

I know, where does the time go??

Rained on and off all day today and it's now damp and cold, brrrrrrrrrrrr.

Soon be my video malarkey, am dreading it, as long as it doesn't appear on you tube, it'll be alright hahaha.

Have you been knitting today JCJ?? xx

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

Re: sdtop feeling guilty, small rant (BENCHLAND)

Of course you'd never tell me to ****off, FF (and I think those sparkler words were Katy's, not yours!) which was why I suggested you might tell me to *** off. Subtle distinction. Smiley Tongue

Not sure where I am, KTC, because they've taken the website down so I don't have a map any more. I have 40km more to swim of a 70km circumnavigation. Not even sure, now, where I started, so I have no idea where I'll get back to. And I had to guess how far I'd already swum and do the maths myself each week. Grrrr!

I hope your lido gets back to more manageable installments. In the meantime, put those poor ouchy feet up and self medicate with creme eggs and other assorted delicious confectionary. Smiley Happy

Hugs to your SIL's family, FF. I hope they don't have to spend too much longer watching Mum slowly fading. It's horrible for everyone. I'm with you, that I hope I go quickly. I lost both parents shockingly early and suddenly, but I can at least console myself that neither they or we had to suffer their gradual decline.

Not sure what I can BA to do today. I foresee a lot of sitting on the CBA bench and maybe some baby hoodie knitting and Blue tennis highlights. Smiley Very Happy This part-time working was supposed to give me so much more time to do stuff but I don't know where it all goes. Will have to look in the lost plottery shed and under the CBA bench to see if it's hiding there. Smiley Tongue
Community Champion

I don't know about that FF, have seen those words you spell out with the sparklersSmiley Happy

Hope school is tidier today. Very sad about SIL's mother, am with you regarding a fast way out.

Have been in town today not for long though, should have seen the things that fell into my basket, creme eggs (plural) FR coconut sweets and a variety of cakes, am blaming it on the cold weather..............

My feet are killing me, lido not due for around a fortnight, will have to be very short journey times out and about, brings tears to your eyes.............lido appt has taken longer because of the change of depts, will have to phone or check when I get there that I will not have to wait this length of time again, so ouchy at the moment am holding my breath constantly. You forget how bad it really isSmiley Frustrated

Where are you now JCJ??? xx

Highlighted
Community Champion

JCJ  as if I would ever tell you to **** off when you are trying to help me.  Or indeed at any other time!   Thank you for the help but as you say it seems to have disappeared.  I have found a way to be here and although it might be a long way in, it is working and I am here.

Warmer here today, no scarf and coat unzipped again.

School a nightmare tonight , painting and cooking has been going on today. Very messy.

Bin lids frozen shut?  That is cold!  Fingers crossed for ED Katy, hope she has an easier time this time!  Glad GS is now sleeping well, usually 3 months when colic improves.

SIL mother is still with us but deteriorating (surprised she has lasted this long).  So hard for SIL to watch his Mother die by inches.  A lot of the time she thinks he is her father, she is so very confused , she got so agitated today that they have had to sedate her.  Makes me wish for a quick heart attack when my time  is up but obviously not for many years yet!

Community Champion

Do you have to use the reply button to post every time now? or am I missing something??

It kinda reminds me of the forum when I first started..............

It's very, very cold here.................brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Been at home today catching up on washing etc, had 2 unexpected visitors but neither stayed too long, thank goodness.

Terrible thing to saySmiley Embarassed

Our bins were not emptied on the usual day this week because bin lids were frozen, that's a first, we have obviously had freezing weather here before????

Nothing happening with ED yet am on tenterhooks, she is thinking baby will wait until Feb, that's when her other 2 children were born, we'll see.

GS is now sleeping 8-9 hours through the night, which is brilliant but colic is still lingering can't wait till it's gone. xx

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

Having offered that nugget of advice, I've just looked at my screen and the "sign in" and "bookmarks" buttons have disappeared!! What?! 

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

FF, may I be so bold as to offer some techie assistance? Feel free to tell me to *** off. Smiley Tongue If you click or press on the pink "options" button in the top right corner of a new post you can select "bookmark". Then, whenever you are signed in you can click on "bookmarks" at the very top right of the page (next to the "sign in" tab if you aren't signed in!) and Benchland will be in the list that pops up. I've bookmarked all the threads I've posted on so I can quickly check if there are any replies - and I can always find my way back to BENCHLAND even after major techie activity!! Hope that helps. x

Beef Stew in the oven and jacket spuds.  Just going to pop the dumplings in and steam some cabbage. Lovely winter warming food, even though it is actually a fair bit warmer today. 

Community Champion

Just for fun, I am now on the the tablet and replying. Seems to be making sense instead of the previous gobbledegook that I got when trying  to reply.  An improvement

And it is now bed time

Community Champion

Well, I got lost on the tablet and then resorted to the laptop. That was much easier so I went back to the tablet and eventually sorted that too, I think!  Took me about 45 mins. Wish the techies would think of those who are not so techie minded.  Benchland has changed it's sub-forum and that completely threw me. But hey ho I'm here. But I'm replying on the laptop just in case ( also because I can type far more quickly on a proper keyboard!).

My kids were out today and built a small snowman, approx 1ft high after they had collected all the snow from the quite steeply sloping playground. I had a small covering of snow overnight, Daughter lives 3 miles away and had no snow, she was surprised when she came to mine.  All gone by noon.

My coat was fully zipped up today Katy and a scarf was on, a scarf that can double as a snood if necessary.......and I was wearing gloves.  It's flippin' cold down here now.

School nice and tidy tonight so not too onerous but back was hurting a bit, I put that down to going food shopping with Daughter and being on my feet for most of the day.

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

Oooh! The techies have been hard at work in their cupboard again! We have a new look website. I hope everyone is managing to navigate it OK  and no-one is lost in the woods. It's MUCH better for typing on my tablet - no gobbledegook anymore. Hurrah! Smiley Very Happy Well done techies! Tea, biscuits, cake and glitterberry juice in the shed for you. Smiley Very Happy

Enjoy your new bin, Katy. You've waited a long time for it. Even longer than FF had to wait for her hoover!! Smiley Happy I love my kitchen bin  It's a 3 section recycling bin that fits in a cupboard. It seemed very expensive, but I'm SO glad that we got it. It makes life so much easier - and tidier! What are we like?! Smiley Tongue Very glad your lurg has gone and you're feeling better. 

I'm on the cream crackered bench:  Long morning at school - kids in all day because the playground was "dangerous" - covered in ice and snow. Then I took OH to the water park for a very slow, cold walk (but no snow there, even though it's only about 8 miles from school) and tea and pineapple cake in the car watching the birds on the lake. Then we did the Sain*****'s shop after having dinner in the café Too much in one day! My bangers and mash were yummy though!

Bed time now. 

Community Champion

So much better todaySmiley Happy honestly thank goodness.

Managed to nip into town, odds and ends purchased.

It's snowed here twice, brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr very cold, no way I can venture out without my coat fully zipped and my forty layers.................

Have my new bin, woo hoo, haha xx

Community Champion

woo hoo can eat dinner tonightSmiley Happy!!

Have had a yucky time, that awful cold and cough, then an infection in my toe, WHAT?? and finally fingers crossed that bug, not only visiting loo frequently but dizziness and nausea too, hurrah for meSmiley Sad

Yesterday was ok then by evening it all started again, grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

So many thanks for tonights yum yummy dinner.

Woo hoo a hoover, you will be glad, also happy your exercises seem to be making a difference FF.

Are you selling car JCJ? How lovely to be missed............

Still crazy, crazy here ED's baby due any day now, am excited, baby's head is still not engaged, she's obviously very comfy so there has been talk of being induced, hopefully not as ED had that with her eldest and she didn't like it one bit, so it's a wait and see. GS is doing well, big difference he has grown a lot in the last couple of weeks, amazing!!

Mum has been fine, but has had a couple of more falls paper stitches in her head and a bump to her forehead, she keeps taking the batteries out of the alarm thingy that alerts staff, bad mummy..........

Just purchased a new bin for kitchen all shiny and pretty, have meant to get a new one for years but it's always last thing on the list so am starting from bottom up this year haha xx

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

Roast lamb, roasties, Yorkshire pudding, smashed roots,  courgettes in garlic butter,  sprouts, gravy and mint sauce, followed by pineapple upside down cake (fresh pineapple - I bought a mahoosive one yesterday for £1.Bargain!) and custard. You're welcome. 🍽️😁

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

A new hoover!! Yay!! Fatten up the alligators. Blow up the balloons. Party time. That should make your life easier. And we all love a new "toy".

Much colder here - had to scrape the car a couple of times this week, but no snow here.. .. Yet.

Hope you're feeling better Katy. 

Going to brave the elements and go to the farm shop for fruit and veggies later, if I can get off the CBA bench. We'll probably have lunch there. There's an incentive?!

Community Champion

Nope, not freezing, colder but I still haven't had to zip up the coat! Or put a scarf on!  I had two for Xmas waiting to use them.....

Sorry you're feeling rough Katy, hope you feel better tomorrow.

Been taking it easy at work, you're right JCJ, no one will notice.  They have however this week provided me with a new hoover (I reported the last one broken in Oct.). It is sooooo good that I have nearly eradicated all the glitter that has been stuck in the carpets for years.   And the fact that I'm happy about a new hoover just shows how sad my life has become Smiley Sad

Community Champion

Am sorry have been on the "feeling yuck" bench, stomach bug that is being nasty, grrrrrrrrrrrrSmiley Frustrated

Hopefully feel better tomorrow and post something interesting then?????????? or not haha xx

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

Not sure whether to be pleased you enjoyed your "mystery" Sunday dinner, FF, or insulted that you didn't recognise it was pork! Smiley Tongue And the crackling worked. Of course it did. Because I didn't even bother to try - just shoved it in the oven and set the timer! It never crackles properly when I Try to do it! I also made proper jam (homemade blackcurrant) roly poly and custard.

Glad your exercises seem to be helping. Keep on with them and be gentle with yourself at work. No-one but you will probably even notice if you have to do things slightly less perfectly!

Half way through January already! How did that happen? Gradually getting used to this part-time malarkey. Wednesdays are good because I no longer have to teach THAT class all afternoon. A child from that class stopped me yesterday, in the corridor,  and told me she wished I was still teaching them because their new "teacher" shouts at them.  I said "Didn't I shout?" (something I was accused of, and heavily criticised for) and she said, "No!" I have to admit I did a little fist pump victory dance inside. A member of staff said today that it's obvious I'm not there in the afternoons and I'm missed. That nearly made me head for the CSL bench!

Just got to train OH to communicate better, so I spend less time just hanging about waiting to see what he wants to do/where he needs taking to/bringing back from etc.

His car is full of **** from the garage to take to the tip. Then the car wouldn't start because it's been sat for months unused. (I don't like driving it because a) it's much bigger than my car and b) OH feels he needs to tell me how to drive it and gets so much more anxious, so he makes me nervous and therefore a worse driver)  Also it was covered in mould because he left damp towels in there.  I doused everything in white vinegar (where I could get at because it's still full of stuff for the tip) to get rid of the mould and the boyfriend of the teacher I work with kindly came to help us start it. Took it for a long run yesterday (and understood why he had opened the window wide - it absolutely stank of vinegar AND mould! Smiley Sad

I'm just off to the tip now. Gas mask on. Then I'm going to thoroughly clean the car - and install an air freshener!!

You still living in a mad house, Katy? Smiley Happy 

Community Champion

Thank you for my Sunday dinner JCJ, not sure what it was but I enjoyed it .

Back is improving, perhps the exercises are doing good.  I'll keep on with them.

Rainy, miserable and mild down here at the moment but tomorrow apparently set to to be freezing.  We will see.

Community Champion

Glad you have your exercises now FF, hopefully things will improve.

Bargains, bargains indeedSmiley Happy

If OH can manage things? What would carer be doing? Perhaps new tabs will keep things at bay, fingers crossed.

We didn't get up to Nursery, YD felt yuck so appt cancelled and new one arranged. GS goes there so we know that it's really good. Baby would be there when he is around 1 and only for 2 days per week.

ED's new baby will also be there same days, haha. 2 weeks to go now........

Really cold here today, it's the dampness that makes it feel that way, brrrrrrrrrrr.

Had a house full this afternoon, so am now contemplating, takeaway, not sure yet.............may well go with the easy option. xx

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

Bargains indeed, FF,  although I can top the calendar for £1. My 2019 calendar -month to a page, room to write on each day, lovely photos of endangered animals - cost just 50p in the local hospice shop, including an humongous envelope (I did give them £1 for it, as it was such a bargain, and for a good cause though, so I guess we are "even"!)

Also picked up a super bargain cotton polo (turtle) neck jumper in EWM outlet at the garden centre where we stopped for lunch after OH's hospital appointment. Originally £19, reduced to £10, then £8. It's actually a man's one but I don't care because it is a lovely colour and is likely to be longer than women's jumpers tend to be. I'm having that!! Take it to the till and she says it is £5!! She was as surprised as I was. Smiley Happy  Marvellous! Shame they didn't have it it any other colours in my size!

OH's consultant appointment went OK: next one booked for just 4 months away  though  so I guess that's a sign that things are likely to deteriorate quicker now. 😢 New tablet prescribed. Chewing gum suggested to help with the involuntary drooling and jaw tremor. I was a bit taken aback when Dr asked if we had any carers coming to the house, especially when he said "not yet" in response to our negative reply.  Oh dear! 

Hope the nursery school met your exacting standards  KTC Smiley Very Happy,  no, seriously, I hope it was lovely and GS will be happy there. When does he start? Smiley Tongue

Right. I'm off to get my chippies. Smiley Happy 

Community Champion

Physio went well, a detailed history taken....seems that maybe the back op. in 2000, although it fixed the problem at the time, has now resulted in the arthritis.  But, I'll take that.... now is nothing compared to back then.  I have 5 exercises to do twice a day.  

One of them says locate your coughing muscle. That is so easy as I have coughed for Britain over the last ten days, no cold, just a cough, wakes me up at night and has resulted in the said muscles being strained and extremely painful.  It hurts to cough and I can't stop!  As a result there is just no way I can do that exercise,  So, I'm doing the 4 exercises.

I'm staggering through work, keep having to sit down and rest, Probably no one will notice...... 

Up to town today, collected prescription, went to library. Poppd into charity shop........two books and one pair of trousers later....£3. Result.  Off to market, 2019 calendar...£1.  Those are my bargains for the day.

Community Champion

Hahahaha JCJSmiley Happy

Not a video appt but an appt of them videoing me..............that's why I'm embarrassed...........

Walk happily out door, freedom, woo hoo!!

Went up to Mum's today, she was looking superly tired but was in good spirits, that's the main thing. There was a ton of paperwork on her table, so flicked through and managed to get things sorted so was well pleased.

We are visiting a nursery school tomorrow, children have to be registered extremely early nowadays.......

Ate a whole bar of chocolate tonight, yumyum xx

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

Hope physio has helped, FF, and I'm glad it's improving. Take it steady. 

Video appointment, Katy?? Are you mortified because it's a video appointment or because of what it's for? I've heard mention that doctors were going to make more use of technology to save people having to travel needlessly. It saves the hassle of schlepping to hospital, and you still get to see the doc and show her/him any symptoms. Most appointments just end in the doc reassuring that everything is fine,  writing a prescription or making a referral anyway. Though, I think I'd find it  weird and awkward doing it the first time!! Something else to get used to?!

I'm finding it really strange walking out of school at lunchtime. That's going to take some getting used to too!

Better go. Got to scrape the ice off the car Smiley Sad

Community Champion

Hope physio went well, FF, and you reap the benefitsSmiley Happy well, makes life a little easier..........

Trousers are going back tomorrow, know they would have just sat in wardrobe.

Also hope you managed fine today JCJ, a part, part timer, you will def enjoySmiley Happy

Thank you once again for dinner, love roast beef but rarely have it.

ED had some Braxton Hicks last night, she has 3 weeks to go, time is passing quickly now.

A letter arrived from hospital this morning, it's my video appt......................am mortifiedSmiley Embarassed

Smiley EmbarassedSmiley Embarassed

Also phoned about lido appt, so all done and dusted.

what did happen with the tinsel??? Too much glitterberry methinks..........

Remember if OH is stroppy, do lots of la la las in your head JCJ.

Have now managed to purchase some sale items, one arrived tonight, am superly pleased, remote control car for GS's birthday next month, paid a fifth of actual price, fab bargain xx

Community Champion

Hmm, hadn't thought to turn it on its head like that but I'm now inclined to think you may be right.  I've been mooching about the internet looking for similar scenarios and it it seems to be that providing your medical records is the quickest way to being shown the door!  

So now I'm going to refuse any access and just suggest they keep their promises.  I'm back at work, improved from how I was a couple of months ago, I'll just take the painkillers and carry on.  I will manage ok, just need to have a little sit down every half hour or so.  Physio starts tomorrow, hopefully that will further improve things.

Take the trousers back Katy, if you're not sure they'll just hang in the wardrobe. 

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

Where am I now, KTC? Literally or virtually? 😁 Literally: at home in the armchair I've spent a good few hours in over the last 2 weeks! Just flopped down having prepared the veg etc for dinner after putting all the Christmas decs away (that job always depresses me! Smiley Sad

Dinner is roast beef, braised root vegetables, roasties,  Yorkshire pudding, sprouts and gravy followed by an experimental dessert, I've just invented, involving a standard bread and butter pudding recipe enhanced with mixed dried fruit, chocolate pieces (white and dark),  marzipan chunks,  demerara sugar and double Long life cream - using up the festive leftovers!!

Virtually: both in the sea about half way around Jersey, and in Benchland tidying up after the festive shenanigans! I never knew you could do THAT with tinsel!! Those baubles get everywhere too - I even saw an alligator headbutting one around the lake!! Smiley Tongue

OH in a strop today - probably because I'm going back to work tomorrow. He doesn't realise that in doing that he's making returning to work easier and the thought of properly retiring in the summer (which I have been considering quite a lot this holiday) much less of an appealing prospect!!

Training day tomorrow - I only have to do the morning, and OH's PD consultant appointment is on Friday morning, so I've only got 3 "normal" mornings at work this week. Weird! 

Community Champion

At last I have a spare 10 mins...................

Gosh am not sure FF because you obviously do bending, work heavy machinary etc, what would they do to make life easier?? No one is ever helpful, they pretend to be???

Where are you now JCJ? 

Will there be dinner tonight? please, please haha

Life is not any quieter here yet and my cold has come back, WHAT? It was gone for a couple of days then I started sneezing and coughing again grrrrrrrrrrr.

Bought a pair of trousers in the sales but am not sure about them, YD likes them, because am not sure think I will return them, if you're not that happy about them, it means you will prob never wear them. Fortunately I received 2 new pairs for Xmas and I really like them so all good.

Looks like it's away to pour down here, yuck xx

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

FF, didn't see your post until after I posted mine: I wonder if your doc is actually helping your work situation by putting "back pain" not "osteoarthritis" , as the latter sounds (and is) rather more permanently debilitating and more likely to cause "let's get rid of her - she's not fit to do the job"?? Just a thought. 

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

Don't know where the time has gone! Holiday nearly over already!! Managed to drag my lazy ar** to swimming tonight. I was expecting it to be packed as per normal at the start of January, (New Year's resolutions?) but it was blissfully quiet. I had the pool to myself for the last 5 minutes! Struggled to keep the turkey, mince pie, twiglets and chocolate laden bod afloat though! What a blob! May have to take up residence on the FB bench? 😄

Community Champion

JCJ, I laughed out loud when I read your comment that my Academy might genuinely want to hellp me.  As I said, if they did, they would already have implemented things I have asked for many months ago.  They  always agree but then nothing ever happens.

I am going to write a letter refusing to sign the medical record release they have asked for but offering to release records over the last four months that pertain to my back.  Of course it doesn't help that my Drs. persist in putting "back pain" as my reason for being off sick.  Perhaps if they put osteo - arthritis it might carry more weight. 

Love the dog coat , any dog would be pleased to have that.

Getting colder down here now, winter drawers on!. 

Community Champion

Oooh that looks lovely JCJ, much better than the pattern pictureSmiley Happy

I see you won FF, that's what I get for not reading properly............

It is superly cold here brrrrrrrrrrr, frost has lasted all day long.

Went up to see Mum and quick trip to supermarket for essentials only.

Can you believe it's all over?? Seems to have been so fast...........xx

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

Hmmm, FF, not sure I'd want my academy to have access to my medical records!! Call me an old cynic, but I'd be worried they'd use them as a weapon against me. An excuse to get rid of me! However, yours may genuinely want to help you. I don't suppose your doctor would write a letter explaining your back (and possibly respiratory) condition(s)? Most GPs are extremely busy, though, so I wouldn't blame him/her if they said "NO!" As you say other, historical health issues are none of their business!!

Trivial Champions!  Hurrah! 😁

4am?! Ouch! Hope he grows out of it soon. Roll on when he's big enough for solids:he'll take in less wind then!

The greyhound jumper is finished at last. I hope she likes it - and the dog doesn't refuse to wear it!! 

The dog on the pattern :il_570xN.1268554542_9nk8.jpg

My version :20190102_001407.jpg

I hope she will take a photo of Sid sporting his new outfit so I can see what it looks like on him

Community Champion

Happy New Year to you tooSmiley Happy, wishing happiness and health.

Did you win FF? 

Mmmm am not sure re medical records..............a lifetime?? You will need to check up on that one.

Am sooooooooo muddled with the days thought we were coming for dinner tonight then realised it is not Sun soooooooo takeaway ordered, any excuseSmiley Happy

Did n't actually go to bed until 4am, GS decided to party all night, WHAT?? aah well.......we are hoping colic will be over soon seemingly prem babies hang onto it for a longer period of time than full term babies.

Was productive today, cleared large hallway cupboard, living room still has lots of toys but looks less cluttered, woo hoo, amazing how twitchy I feel when things are not in order.

Snotty cold still here but def calming, thank goodness, fed up of it now.

No appt for next lido, seemingly there are issues with new ward we will be going to, as in ,person in charge is having difficulty scheduling appts, as in, no clue....................oh dear................will phone next week. xx

Community Champion

A  bit of a belated Happy Nrw Year to you all.  Last night I was tucked up in bed with my hot chocolate at about 10.45pm, Never heard any fireworks.  Today I overslept and then had to quickly get ready to go to Son's for a wonderful roast dinner.

Daughter's family invited too, so the whole family together, lovely.  We played trivial pursuit and I was dead chuffed that the 14, 13 amd 12 year old GC wanted me on their team, as apparently "i know everything".  My Son was also on our team and yes we won! Smiley Very Happy

Back to work tomorrow, I have received a letter from the Academy asking for my permission for them to access my medical records so that they can "see what measures to put in place to assist me to do my job" Well perhaps thay could do what they promised to do last Easter to do (a hoover for the annex).  Perhaps they could replace the broken hoover that I reported in October.

I am at the moment torn between saying " stuff you, If my Dr, certifies me as unfit for for work that should be an end to it" or letting them see that I do have a problem .  However the form that they have sent me to fill in to access to medical records has no time limit on it.  I would only want it to be for the last three months not all of my medical records.

I think they;ll receive a sternly worded reply!

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

Happy, healthy New Year everyone!

Fireworks going off in a neighbour's garden as I'm watching a recorded programme about reindeer and trying to get the dog coat finished. 

Community Champion

out properly today, cold is still going strong, coughing, snotting and aching, grrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

did not see any sale bargains...........anyone else find anything???

house is full of toys, so my minimilistic look has gone out the window, will just have to get used to it for the time being..

not staying up tonight, it's funny how times change, i remember saying i would never do that haha.

aaaah wellSmiley Happy xx