cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

stop feeling guilty, small rant (BENCHLAND)

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

Re: stop feeling guilty, small rant (BENCHLAND)

8 eggs! Babs has just left - hopefully not for long!

IMG_20170422_112436.jpg

Community Champion

How do you roll them????

No am not packing yet haha still have to do a sort out, can't be bothered with that yet!!

Let's hope he is a faithful birdie this year and not leave that poor mother to be in the lurch.

Am all tidied up, woo hoo no deep cleaning though haha.

Had a really lovely meal last night, no pudding, starter and main enough. Had mussels in a spicy tomato sauce, yummy yum yum.

Am hoping new book arrives today, still struggling with reading, only purchasing books I know I will def like, don't know whats happened to me cause was always one of those people whose nose was never out a book................

Lido next week, been much better this time, think it takes at least 4 attempts to get back to a reasonable state, so it def works eventually haha.

Face fine todaySmiley Happy xx

Community Champion

Oh wow JCJ, hope Babs manages to raise a brood this year. 

Community Champion

Yep, I'm with JCJ, don't fold them, roll them.  That's how I look so wonderfully turned out at MMU's Smiley Happy

I wondered which one of you would quote "the lady doth protest too much" first. Prize goes to you JCJ! Smiley Tongue  Wow you have been busy, glad you have got more jobs ticked off. My "to do" list just gets longer and longer as I can't seem to get off the reading bench.  There are just so many good books!  Still haven't read the ones I got for Xmas! 

School has been relatively clean and tidy since the children came back, thus proving once again that the teacher's make more mess.

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

Oh! Oh! Oh! Exciting news! Just saw a blue tit flying into the camera box (it's above the kitchen window) There's been a tit roosting in there, on a nest, for a few nights. Turned TV on and Babs is in and there are at least 2 eggs, possibly more - hard to tell because she's sitting on them!  This morning I'm sure there were just feathers in the nest - unless she'd burried eggs underneath?? This goes against what I read: that they lay one a day, usually in the morning, for several days.

Fingers, eyes and toes crossed that they are more successful this year. Let's hope Bob stays in attendance!

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

Oooh! Afore mentioned long, "rejected" post has reappeared - I wondered how you'd managed to read it and reply to some of the comments, KTC!! Smiley Happy

Today I've ticked off a few more jobs: ironing, washed car, did some tidying in garden. On KB now. Fish & chips cooking in oven, mushy peas, from a tin, ready to go on microwave, because I've not got the energy to walk, or even drive, to the chippy!

Katy, with regards to packing: buy stuff that doesn't crease too badly. Jeans and fleeces and t-shirts!! Smiley Tongue No, seriously, I was always taught to put bulky items and non- creasable ones at the bottom of the suitcase and layer up getting more creasable with the most delicate at the top. Fold carefully - or better still roll the clothes. Get them out to hang as soon as you arrive. Linen will look a mess however careful you are (which is why I decided not to buy a linen suit for the wedding!)

You packing already? I thought you weren't going for another 5 weeks? Smiley Happy

Community Champion

When you pack clothes in a suitcase, how do you get the non crumpled look, am seriously thinking of buying a travel iron cause my things are always a wrinkly messSmiley Frustrated.

Any tips most welcome xx

Community Champion

Oh no you are a reject JCJ???? hahaha

You are putting me to shame all this cleaning.................

ED is better now and has an interview for something else so that has excited her again, will just wait and see.

JCJ, you do realise that we shall be dragged around the shops in Norcambe now, with FF who hates shopping hahahaSmiley LOL!!

After having sink sealed, water was still appearing laminate damage now, lo and behold it's THAT washing machine, remember it's the most expensive in the land, grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, so another waitt and see what happens next.....................

Am out for tea tonight, woohoo, but face is a little tender ouchy, ouch the hour appt a couple of weeks ago gave me no problems, the 1/2 hour appt yesterday has left me uncomfortable. Have swallowed some tabs so hope it calms down.

I love Mr Futon too.

Not long for The Wedding now, woo hooSmiley Happy xx 

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

Just found my post in "rejected items". So I'm being rejected now? Charming! There was nothing offensive in it - well, no more than usual! Smiley Tongue Smiley Indifferent 

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

Eh? Where's my post gone? Smiley Mad

Posted a long reply. It was there earlier ,- and the edit to correct typos!! Tried to open this page and got "the message you're trying to see does not exist" eh? What? Who am I? Do I exist?

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

The lady(???FF) doth protest too much. She definitely loved THAT (not) shopping trip? Smiley Tongue

Commiserations to your ED, KTC, maybe she could try again next year? Her persistence - and another year of experience - might pay off next time? I hope she finds something else she wants to do. (Seeing how hard my colleagues work and how little time they have for themselves, or their families, I can't help thinking she's had a lucky escape! - but maybe teachers are less pressured in bonny Scotland?)

Another day ticking off the "to do"s: cleaned oven (I've promised myself to clean the oven - or at least the bits that don't clean themselves - regularly, so that it never gets into the state my old oven got in  where it took ALL DAY to get it looking even half way clean. It's 2 years old and I've cleaned it about 4 times! Hardly "regularly" but pretty good for me!) Cleaned the laminate floors in kitchen and sunlounge - both really small, so only a 5 minute job, but it took 5 days thinking about doing it!! Smiley Embarassed walked across the fields to chemist to pick up prescription, and back via the bluebell wood: they're out early this year!

Ordered OH's birthday present online - he wants a leaf blower; (big boys' toys?). 

Yesterday I ordered the train tickets for THE wedding - it's getting close! Smiley Happy-and they arrived this morning!! As did a new Kindle (other ereader....) case that I ordered, for OH, from Mr Futon, for when his kindle gets posted back from the guy who's replacing the screen (also Mr Futon) after OH accidentally sat on it and broke it! I love online shopping - all from the comfort of the CBA bench! Smiley Happy(Not Katy's CBB bench - don't know why you suddenly got all polite KTC? Smiley Tongue)

Tonight, I have been to "Guernsey" and swum another mile and a bit. Probably should get all the way around by October half term.

I've been reading a really interesting book by an eminent neurosurgeon. I enjoyed it, but I'm now regretting it: some of his patients had BC brain mets! - every little twinge....!! Smiley Sad

Community Champion

I must insist.... FF does NOT love clothes shopping for herself. But if a jacket , much wanted and searched for, just shoves itself in FF's face, then FF will buy it.  I wasn't shopping, I was just along for the ride for GD's shopping. It's a coincidence.  

Been babysitting again tonight, obviously not for the 12 yr old, just for 2 yr old Smiley Tongue More homework, geograpy this time, not my best subject but I could point her in the right direction, gave clues and she got it. 

So sorry your ED didn't get the Uni place. But karma? Maybe where she goes now is where she is meant to be? Onwards and upwards as you say.

Hope your visit to dentist went ok.

Community Champion

Am thinking you do love shopping FFSmiley LOL!!

What are they like? They enjoy being babysitter free but the great excuse is the 2 year old, thank goodness.

Mmmm maths was never my strong point either, arithmetic fine, maths a no, no.

Am off to have crown done later, jewels perhaps?

Lovely and sunny here but still chilly, brrrrrr.

Will pop into supermarket on the way home, feels as though I'm never away from it.............or am I superly unorganised around grocery shopping? Hopefully I won't be drooling like last time after dentist............

ED did not get in to Uni, grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, she has been waiting for almost 3 months for response, she was very upset but a couple of hours later she started looking and applying for other things. That's my girl, felt so sad for her because she could only apply for the one Uni so all hopes were for that one. She already has a degree, she has volunteered in a primary school, she is sitting her Maths Higher, what more, blood???

Onwards and upwards xx

Community Champion

No, I'm not changing to FF loves shopping!  Just FF makes full use of what she sees around.  I've been after a jacket like that for about four years, so I took advantage of the fact that I found it when I wasn't looking and the other things as well.  I will never willingly go clothes shopping for me, so the answer is to go with daughter for GD's clothes and see what there is by accident Smiley LOL

When I started to actively think,"ooh I could do with a pair of summery shoes to go with the new trousers", there wasn't a pair in sight inspite of how hard I looked! 

Children back at school today and it wasn't half as messy as yesterday.  Been babysitting daughter's two children tonight and have just got home.  12 yr old is now adamant that she doesn't need a babysitter (daughter has been leaving her home alone for short, very short, periods of time) so I pretended I was just there for the 2 yr old.  Helped out with homework, she told me I was better than Mum and Dad. 

Thankfully it was History homework, I'd have been useless if it was Maths!

Community Champion

Oh my you have both been incredibly busySmiley Happy!!

Brilliant when you finally get around to things that have been left for another day!!

Am and have been on the "CBB" bench, (can't be bothered) most of the day, though will have to move to do the dishes, there's only about four things but it's an effort............

New dress arrived today, really like it, wore other one a couple of weeks ago, the one today is more dressed up lookingSmiley Happy!!

What are you like FF? You are changing to FF loves shopping hahaha.

May take a little longer with the Bank Holiday JCJ?? xx

Dishes are calling.....................

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

On the Smug bench. Yesterday I ticked off one of my long list of holiday "to do"s by properly cleaning the fridge (first time in aaaages) before restocking with the 3-weekly supermarket shop in the afternoon.

Today I have cleaned all the windows on one side of the house - including the sunlounge. We have a LOT of glass! Ones on the front can wait until the sun is off them! I have attacked the cobwebs, cleaned my blue glass collection, dusted the bears (risked being reported to NSPCT as I have discovered, over the years, that the most effective method is to hold them out of the window and shake and pat them. In my defence: more humane than storing them in bin bags to keep them clean?! Smiley Happy) I have mended a lamp that fell apart as I dusted the pleated shade. And it works! Smiley Happy

In a minute, when I've finished this mugatea, I'm off to town to a big bedding/curtain store to get some throws to cover the sunlounge chairs because I've noticed how faded and dirty they look. Probably should attempt to clean them before shoving throws on but, realistically.....??!

No word from cottage lady about my deposit. Not sure how long I should leave it before asking about it. Don't really want to speak to her! Smiley Sad

Community Champion

Back to work today. School was pristine after my holiday clean.  A NPD so I thought it wouldn't be too bad.  I was sooooo wrong, teachers can (and do) make so much more mess than the children.  They changed all the wall decorations, so staples, hessian strands and bits of paper and card everywhere. On ledges, on shelves and on the floors.  Half an hour overtime done tonight  (I will NOT let any parent who goes into school the first morning of term think that it's not clean).  So I'm already ahead in the game of swings and roundabouts this term. Yay!

Easter was great, all family got together, a good meal and an easter egg hunt that we all enjoyed.  Ate far too much chocolate Smiley Happy Went to a car boot sale, nothing much there.

Today been out with daughter looking for clothes for youngest GD, I was only along for the ride but I seem to have bought a jacket, some leggings, new undies and two new tops. Ooops.  Would have been a lot cheaper to stay at home and not go with her Smiley Tongue

Community Champion

Haha AliSmiley Happy!! I love it!

Glad you are home safe and sound JCJ, would also wait till £150 back safely then rip them to shreds on that site that advises trips haha.

All quiet today just over to supermarket with GD, bought the "heavy" things so tomorrow will be a lighter day.

GD back at school on Wed...............

Bought sun cream today, not for here, never that hopeful??

Have heating on oh sooooooooo cold xx

Oops! too late JCJ, I have eaten a tub of chocolate covered marshmallows and they were deeeeeeeeelicious!!! My OH also gave me a shiny whistle for my Alessi kettle, it's dragon shaped and completely gorgeous. (other desirable brands of kitchen prettiness are also available, etc).  I don't think they do a camel one but I live in hope Smiley Happy

Ah, the art of writing a review which sounds flattering but tells everyone the truth... Handily placed for a public pay and display car park, communication from owner extensive and comprehensive before our stay commenced, accomodation compact but well presented by owners who obviously take great pride in the care and upkeep of this charming little cottage, lots of options for eating out........ But not till you get your deposit back! Smiley Wink

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

Home now. Easter Sunday roads not at all busy. OH asked me to drive over half way there and nearly all the way home. His PD makes him too nervous to drive on motorways - (and I'm scared he can't think fast enough any more!) We are definitely going to have to change our holiday habits: things are only going to get worse for him! Smiley Sad

I was very polite and restrained in the "comments" book at the cottage. Thanked her for a nice holiday, said Christchurch was a lovely place to visit (because it is) and suggested a few small additions to the kitchen equipment in case I'm not the only person in the world who a actually wants to "self cater" on a self catering holiday. (Perhaps I am?!)

I didn't mention her neurotic emails and texts, or the parking nightmare, or the bedroom rug/painted floor skating rink combo, or the fact that I spent most of the week in constant fear of damaging something!! Hopefully, she will be happy with the state we left the place in and I shall get my £150 damage deposit back.

Just dug some of the saved Christmas turkey out of the freezer for a cheat Sunday roast later! Smiley Happy

Happy Easter everyone. Don't scoff too much chocolate! Smiley Very Happy

Community Champion

Hee hee JCJ, glad you enjoyed your skinkSmiley Happy!

Well, we shall never go to wherever you are??? Not to that cottage anyway..............

How long are you away?

Just bought a dress for the hols, am thinking will have to sort out what I'm wearing and what I am chucking out, have been trying to organise myself for days but want to stay close to the "CBA" bench, until further notice............

Managed to do everything yesterday, woo hoo, ED had her boiler fixed only for it to stop working last night, she went on the phone and calmy stated her case, engineer out today and a £30 cheque coming her way, lets hope it is successful this time, 4th callout in 1 week, grrrrrrrrrrrrr!

Beautiful and sunny here but the usual soooooooooo cold, heating on brrrrrrrrrrrrrr xx

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

Just had what I guess is kullen skink for lunch! Only it came by the name smoked haddock chowder. In a plastic pot from a posh foodhall (sells pants in the department store! Smiley Tongue) Ate it (nom nom nom) and thought of you.

It's a good job we don't live here permanently (would be bankrupted by the parking?) because it's 5 minutes walk to this foodhall and it is FULL of delicious (but expensive!) treats. I'd be as fat as a hippo after a few weeks! Smiley Happy

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

Left the car in the carpark yesterday (after paying the "half price for prompt payment" £25 fine, because I was on the reading bench with a cuppa and forgot to renew the parking ticket until 2 hours late. Ticket issued just 15 minutes before I remembered and paid for another 20 hours. Grrrrr! I hate this place! So mad!) and had lunch at cottage then went for a walk around the saltmarshes. Baked spuds in cottage for dinner then lovely chat with brother and D-I-L at their house until past midnight! Bro has a camel on his mantelpiece and another on a key rig in the front door - now we know where H&D got to? Smiley Very Happy

Today we took a picnic and walked to the quay. Got on ferry to Muddeford Sands where we had a picnic on the beach. Walked 2 miles, via delicious ice cream stop, to another quay to catch a ferry back across the river. Weather much better than the overcast day forecast: some sunshine but a cold wind. My face is the colour of a tomato (except for owl eyes due to my glasses!) and the skin feels too tight. Sore face, tired feet. I know I'm on holiday! Smiley Very Happy

Back in cottage now. OH asleep on sofa (pretending to read, but the snoring - and lack of tremor- give him away!) Trying to decide what I can be bothered to cook - or go out to fetch - for dinner.

Community Champion

Haha FF, will google and seeSmiley Happy!

Hope you have stopped going round and round JCJ, and have had a lovely time with brother.

Early beds again this week, GD today and have to go to ED's later cause her boiler is NOT working again...........

Bit chilly here, brrrrrrrrr.

Into town later, quick supermarket trip and visit to Mum, there's method in my madness, I want to do nothing over the weekendSmiley Happy. xx

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

Traffic hideous leaving Christchurch towards Bournemouth, this morning, so we aborted the Swanage trip: far too stressful. Parked in Southbourne (for free!) and walked to Boscombe pier along cliff path, having a picnic en route, and back along promenade after a cuppa from a kiosk. 

We found chippies in Southbourne and ate them in the car enjoying a sunny sea view. The wind was too cold to eat outside!

Back to cottage - spotted a free roadside parking space, but OH couldn't reverse into it because there was someone right behind him. Round the block again(1 way streets) and, again, there was someone right on our tail! Grrrr. Oh! S** it! Parked in carpark and paid using the app on my phone!

Might visit Swanage by train. Probably not. Going to see some of the New Forest tomorrow before going to brother's in evening.

Nearly had an argument with chippie owner whilst she was cooking our order: she claimed beetroot was a cure for cancer! And to think we've been shovelling Tapoxyfen down our necks unnecessarily for all these years? Smiley Mad

Community Champion

Hubbie and I went to Swanage once. The only thing I really remember was that we had lunch in a cafe and the coleslaw was the most delicious coleslaw I have ever had.  I'm talking about 20 odd years ago and I still remember that coleslaw Smiley Happy

One saucepan?  Really?  No Spoons?  A very good excuse to eat out.

Perhaps your cream needs time to work, Katy.  Ask GD again in a few weeks.

I once read that haemorrhoid cream is a very good solution for for bags under the eyes, apparently it tightens the skin temporarily and is used by "celebs".   I have not tried it myself so can't speak from personal experience!  

Community Champion

Hope you manage to find an open chippie JCJ, nothing worse than really, really looking forward to something................how dare they close hee hee.

Aaah the cottage, you may just end up sleeping there and out and about the rest of the time. At least you are "away" woo hoo!! And any excuse to eat out, sounds good to me.

Had a quiet day, catch up time, seem to have lots of washing, honestly, where does it come from???

Nearly all done, just some tumble drying to doSmiley Happy

YD brought home some stuff that is meant to tighten lines around your eyes, fluttered my lashes at GD and asked do you notice anything different about Nannie?? No she says, scanning my face, ah well..................xx

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

Lots of things disappointing about the cottage, but it's location is very handy for the town. And at least it's clean, warm and dry - and won't tear itself to bits even if the wind gets up!! Smiley Happy

We had a walk at Hengitsbury (?) Head today. Sunny spells and a cold wind. Very pleasant. Set our hearts on takeaway fish & chips in the park in Christchurch, only to discover, on returning there, that BOTH chippies were closed! NOOO! Lots of posh pub/restaurant options, none of which appealed (mostly because inner toddler was still screaming "I want fish'n'chips!!") Eventually ended up in same pub we had Sunday dinner in. Whilst eating, I overheard the couple on next table saying to barman that they were going to the Regent (cinema/theatre) to see the ballet. I told this to OH and he wanted to investigate. So we've just watched Jewels, live from the Covent Garden Opera House! Most enjoyable, and quite an unexpected outcome from failing to have fish'n'chips! We'll try again tomorrow to achieve that culinary delight!

Won't be cooking anything more than basics in cottage because the kitchen is the worst equipped we've ever had. That's the price you pay for being 2 mins walk from lots of bars and restaurants, I suppose. I lost my rag trying to cook bangers and mash last night: no veg peeler; no chopping board - just a wooden bread board; no sharp knife; only 1 saucepan ('though there was a large brand-new-still-sealed-in-plastic stove top casserole/skillet) so I had to cook the spuds, carrots and sprouts all in together. Luckily there are 3 frying pans, so no problem cooking the sausages. Who has 3 frying pans and only 1 saucepan??? Someone who never cooks?! No wooden spoon or serving spoons either. Nightmare. We'll just have to eat out more Smiley Tongue

Tomorrow we plan to visit Swanage as nextdoor neighbour, at home, loves the place so we want to see why.

Community Champion

Loads done FF, woo hoo!
Baby GD was just saving herself for you haha x hope her bump is fine now.
Also had GC today , all went well though was also laughing GS has a skinned knee he said "Nannie ouchy bleach" I have a few pairs of trousers I only wear around the house am always showing him the bleach marks, seem to throw it around haha so my poor GS now thinks any blemish is bleach related...
Weather was soooo cold here gale force winds at one point, brrrrr x x

Community Champion

I've had a sort of good day. Went to school gave toilets a thorough clean, although I have limescale remover, I can never leave it overnight in case the children come into contact with it in the morning.  And unless left overnight it doesn't work so well.  Bleach I'm not supposed to use for the same reason but there are no kids about in the holidays. Smiley Tongue

Then.... two GC to look after while my daughter had her hair cut and coloured.  Daughter told me that youngest GD hadn't "been" for two days, so I could possibly expect a poonami!  She was right, not twenty minutes after she left me in charge there was a large smelly explosion.  I coped, she got clean and windows were opened.

A little while later....drama.....she fell over the step that divides my conservatory from the house and bumped her head.  A cuddle and a chocolate matchmaker helped us over that one. Elder GD (12) being a great help in getting the chocolate and then the dummy while I cuddled and kissed better.

Elder GD then showed me an app? a game? On her tablet that she had to press certain buttons to play classical music.  She was really good at it and I could recognise many pieces that I learnt to play on a real piano many years ago but my point here is that she LIKES the music!  She likes Beethoven, Mozart, Tchaikovsky etc. A completely new way to learn about music.

Community Champion

You are there, woohooSmiley Happy!!

Have a lovely time.

Gosh, parking sounds awful..............for all the rules etc that you have to obey, you think that perhaps owners could be truthful?? 

Quiet today no GC, ED has a bacterial infection which is contagious, she's not having a good time just nowSmiley Sad, said I would have them tomorrow so she can rest.

Sun is shining here but it's brrrrrrrrrrrr cold.

Will have to look for something in cupboards, fridge for tea, couldn't face the shops today, don't think I will find anything yummy but am determined not to go out xx

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

Arrived at cottage - eventually. First place we've ever stayed that didn't give us directions. We ended up parking in the first carpark we could find and walking to locate the cottage - via a pub for Sunday roast dinner because it was getting late and we were hungry!  The car park is NOT "next door" but up the narrow one way street (the wrong way), and across a road. We parked outside the cottage to unload, blocking the road, then had to drive all around the houses to get back to the carpark. I've put £2 on the car overnight (24/7 charging! Smiley Sad) And will have to find £6 in coins for tomorro, by 8am (**** that!!) or try to pay by phone (an extra  20p 'convenience' charge) Hopefully, I can just pay for the week and have done with it ..... then the carpark will be full next time we come back to it?

Cottage is nice but tiny and stinks of paint.  The garden is not overlooked - shucks, your plan won't work, FF Smiley Tongue - and looks like it will be a proper sun trap. Owner has left 2 scones, a weeny pot of jam and some clotted cream and  milk in the fridge. Nice!

It's just as well we've rearranged rendezvous with bro as he is 6ft 6 and I feel like *I* am going to bang my head on the ceiling beams!! We are going to their house on Thursday instead now, because their dog can't come here.

Community Champion

Ali, glad you are feeling better about scans etc, it is better hospital is thorough, just plays on your mind unfortunately, fingers crossed for speedy and good results, hugs to you.

Today began beautifully, weather lovely, around 12 sky turned sooooooooooo grey, sunshine gone, rain and coldness reappearedSmiley Frustrated! Yuck!!

Have to make appt with doc, head shaking is worseSmiley Frustrated, not worried about anything serious, just want it to stop, grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Hope you are enjoying your "not allowed to do anything" break, JCJ.

Party last day, will not be taking my clothes off though FF, hahaha xx

Hello Optimissy Smiley Happy thank you all, today I received a letter saying that they'd only managed to biopsy a small sample but it looked normal, so they're going to repeat the scan - the letters simply arrived in the wrong order and I forgot I'd had the ultrasound before the biopsy. So yes, that one didn't bother me really, and I'm going to go back to not worrying!

Pull all those benches into the evening sunshine, it's beautiful here Smiley Happy

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

LOL at your suggestions, FF. May well do that! Smiley Very Happy Already sorely tempted to just tell her where to stick her cottage - especially after borrowing the OS map from the library and realising just how built up the area is. Doesn't look like the map for our sort (ok, *my* sort) of holiday at all. Smiley Sad Ah well, I suppose it's because I'm tired after a long, very stressful term. If I cancelled now, we'd not only lose all the money, we'd have nowhere to have our Easter holiday! If it's a **** week (which I'm sure it won't ALL be!) at least I can console myself with the fact that it was HIS IDEA!! Smiley Happy

I reiterate what FF said, Ali, once you've had BC they don't take any risks at all if there's the tiniest possibility that the little b***er might have spread, so any symptoms get thoroughly investigated. Try not to worry (that's rich coming from me!) and reassure yourself that if there IS anything they can deal with it quicker. Fingers crossed. Hope you get speedy appointments and results. x

Hooray! You're off the jittery bench at long last, KTC. Celebrations in order! Smiley Happy

Baby blanket lady has emailed to ask if I've got anything else for sale! Do I have a business opportunity here? Smiley Tongue Perhaps not. I knit for relaxation. Having to knit stuff to order would kind of spoil the point?

Right. Must. Start. Packing. 

Perhaps I'll just text my brother while I finish this coffee. Smiley Happy

Community Champion

Hi Ali

I had a transvaginal ultrasound 2 years ago - (nothing to do with breast cancer incidentally.) All was well fortunately. It doesn't hurt any more than a smear test, just takes a little bit longer and you feel rather undignified..........  I was reassured by having it as I had been having pain that i thought was somewhere where I thought my ovaries were, so i had an external ultrasound followed by the transvaginal. For the external one you have to dirnk a litre of water and not pee till it's done. Can't remember if I was allowed a pee before the trans one.......Anyway, it's not too bad. xx

Community Champion

Try not to worry too much Ali, when I had certain syptoms last year they threw test after test my way. They have to be seen to cover their *****, I mean cover every eventuality.  If they were seriously worried about anything, you would have had a letter before now surely!

JCJ - Last night there have a party Smiley Happy  I'd suggest getting a nudist colony to have a barbeque in the garden, so all the neighbours can see, get a really loud rock band to play the music, invite all the animals from a local rescue centre and then just trash the place!  Cost her more than £150 to put it right. Smiley Very Happy  Hope you have a good holiday and behave yourselves, don't forget to take your shoes off!  Hot water? How will she know?  Hope OH is good to go.

Soooooo glad you are off that "jittery bench Katy,  woo hoo indeed.  It's been a while. And Yay for ED passing her final assessment Smiley Happy

My boiler got new batteries today,  I was cold so I thought "I am not going to be beaten by a battery cover", so I tried pushing it, sliding it, pulling it, everything apart from pounding it to a pulp and eventually it came off.  Two AA batteries which I had, so put them in and then couldn't get the b****y cover back on again! ( Needs the cover on to connect the terminals.)  Push, pull, slide, pound?  Eventually got it worked out and back on and heating is behaving beautifully.

Hello Benchies!! Well, just as I'd decided that no news is good news re the womb lining biopsy results, I got a letter today with an appointment for a transvaginal ultrasound. So, no test results, but more tests. Has anyone had one of these? Bit worried now Smiley Sad
Community Champion

Good news FFSmiley Happy!

Hope OH and hip are better today, JCJ.

Good grief, what a load of nonsense, will you be allowed to do ANYTHING at cottage???

Not like you will be having parties every night.....................or will you?? hee hee.

Nothing worse than having someone who is so pernickety, why does she let?? Rules this and rules that, really???

Am at last off the "jittery" bench, cried with sheer relief today, such a wonderful happiness, woo hooSmiley Happy!

ED's boiler needs new control panel but everything is working ok just now, she has also passed her final assessmentSmiley Happy.

Hope your boiler gets new battery soon xx

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

Glad your chest is under control, FF, (no, not referring to the state of your under garment!! Smiley Tongue)

Enjoy the rest from small people, KTC. I'm very much looking forward to doing the same! Smiley Happy

Rather stressful day today. OH, who usually stays in bed until after I've left for work, was up and about very early, in agony with his hip. I was torn between needing to get to work early because I have an 8am maths booster group (of course we don't "teach to the tests"!!) and staying home to make sure he was OK. In the end, I shoved some breakfast and some painkillers at him and left for school. Arrived 10 mins late but no children turned up. Grrrr! 'phoned home and OH said he could manage. Rang again at lunchtime, in case he was still stuck upstairs and needed me to get him some lunch - probably shouldn't shovel heavy duty painkillers down without food! - he was managing to get around and in much less pain so I stayed at school. Came home as promptly as possible at the end of the day and he's OK. Hope it's better before Sunday, when we go away because a 2 - 3 hour car journey, even if I drive, won't be much fun for him otherwise!

Phone call from cottage owner tonight. Slightly regretting booking that particular place. She is such a fuss pot! I've already had an email full of dos and don'ts but she just had to tell me that they'd spent 4 days decorating and that the kitchen units were therefore fragile and could we be extra careful with them. We can only put the hot water on when we need it; it takes half an hour to heat up! and we must take off our shoes so as not to damage the painted floors. When I said my brother was visiting with his little dog she said "oh no. I cannot allow that. No animals are allowed in the property whatsoever. My daughter is allergic". Not quite sure why she rents it out, if she's so ****** precious about the place! In the very next sentence, she casually dropped in the fact that she gets on with the neighbours, effectively warning me that any infringements to the rules would be reported back to her!! Geeez! So much for a relaxing holiday??! It's already the most expensive cottage we have ever stayed in, by quite some way, with a £150 damage deposit on top of that. Probably won't get that back if the stupid kitchen cabinets get chipped! Smiley Mad

Ah well, everyone keeps telling me what a lovely part of the country it is so I'm sure we'll make the best of it.

Set off from Vazon, Guernsey, for my virtual swim anticlockwise around the island. Expect to be back in Vazon before Christmas. I told OH that I'll have a gander at the place as i swim around and see if it's worth going there on holiday! Smiley Very Happy

One more get up. 

Community Champion

I saw the Nurse, she was happy with me, my responses to the questions were much better than last time and my sats were improved, so I'm doing alright.  She'll see me again to do more spirometry tests next Feb, to see if I'm better/worse/just the same. Or I can make an appt. sooner if I'm having problems.

Been out three times today, 1st wore coat, 2nd, coat over arm, 3rd, left coat at home.  A lovely day.

My boiler not working properly too, I know what it is, the controller needs a new battery but I cannot get the battery compartment cover off.  Aaargh!  So I'm going upstairs to turn it on and then upstairs again to turn it off. Hey ho, people have worse problems.  Just need my Son or SIL to get the cover off.

Community Champion

Hope your appt went well FF, fingers crossed.

Glad you are getting things done at schoolSmiley Happy!!

Brilliant your blanket has gone woo hooSmiley Happy!

Had the prep for my crown, all went well, not sore at all, just waiting for freeze to wear off, have a squint mouth haha, rinsed my mouth out at dentists and this is a first, water squirted all over the place, hee hee.

No GC till next week, might stay up late tonight, well past 9pm anyway.............

Had to take them along to ED's house as boiler not working properly, no one came, hopefully they are out now.

Has been warm today, but there is a wind and that's cold, still had my cosy coat on xx

Community Champion

Pleased that someome snapped up that lovely blanket JCJ.  My daughter's friend went and had another boy so it was no good for her!

Finally got the pre-school floor done.  Tables and chairs cleaned  and ready for next term.  Teachers (and their children!) have obviously been in. One classroom I'd already hoovered has had to be done again.  And possibly again?  It all takes time!

Weather great, took coat to school but didn't need to wear it. Lovely sunny day.  Makes me think that maybe spring has sprung Smiley Happy

Son's big breakfast showed a really good profit, I'm glad it was a such a success for them.

Appt. with Nurse tomorrow. Will be asking her why, after a great month, have the last two days been a bit off?

Community Champion

Been busy, busy with GC and been off to bed early each nightSmiley Happy so I can manage the next day!

Forgot to say YD started her new job she's enjoying it, this is her second week.

No word from ED's uni, she was beginning to panic until she contacted others and all the ones in the early groups (Feb) have not heard a thing so she is a little calmer. Could now be May before they find outSmiley Frustrated

Weather been fairly good, we have had sunshine woo hoo, ED's OH was saying it's 27 degrees at the moment in our hol spot, can't believe it? Oh to be warm...........xx

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

Yey!  Pink, patchwork, baby blanket didn't sell on Mr Futon's site so I listed it (without much hope, if I'm honest) on Etsy, at YD's suggestion. Nobody had even looked at it after several days, so I put the blanket away in a drawer and decided to try and sell it at the school Christmas Fair, with my other stuff. Surprise, surprise! Today I get an email to say someone has bought it!!  £5 donated to Macmillan in memory of my sisters.

It's parcelled up and waiting to go. Success! Smiley Happy

Two more get ups. Nearly there......

Community Champion

Portable bench what a brilliant idea haha especially when you can also have a muggatea hee hee x
As they say tomorrow is another day FF.....
How are the birdies JCJ?
Went into town with GD, never buy easter eggs so we went into a girly shop to look at earrings etc, we were in sooooo long shop assist kept asking if we were ok and could she help, the indecision of kiddiewinks!
We finally left with earrings woo hoo x x
Community Champion

Thanks a lot for the PM JCJ. I will be ordering one . Although a portable CBA bench is not really what I need.  I've spent the whole day sitting on the real one today.  I did get up with the intention of going to school but a good book and several muggateas got in the way.  Pre school floor will be done tomorrow!

I knew that staff would be in today and I like the school to myself when I'm cleaning it, so that was part of my reluctance to go.  Not sure, but hopefully no-one will be there tomorrow.

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

Just sent you a PM, FF, about the portable CBA bench! Smiley Tongue

Glad the big breakfast went well. 

Enjoy your floor polishing, and the lack of little people to mess it up again!!

Highlighted
Community Champion

Wow JCJ, so pleased to see your last post, I have been wondering about one of those kneeler/seat things for a while so if it's good enough for you, then it's good enough for me.  Hope Bob and Babs have more luck this year. Enjoy your trip to Dorset and the family catch up with your brother.  

Big Breakfast seems to have been a resounding success.  Never been done in the village before and the organisers didn't know what to expect, 10 people? 20 people? 30 people?  When we arrived there were no tables free so we had to wait.  We finally got a table and we waited a while and the children played outside in the park . Breakfast arrived and was absolutely delicious. Son cooked it, it was always going to be delicious.  And hot!  There was black pudding on the the menu as an optional extra, I've brought him up well!

Son estimated they had served about 75 to 85 people, they will have made quite a lot of money for their cause. Expenses to be deducted  but I'll bet they made a good amount. There's also a possibility of a Father's Day Big Breakfast to make more money for the cause.

Tomorrow, I will be cleaning the pre school floor.  It will be clean enough to eat your dinner off it when I'm finished.

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

Did the weeding - or some of it! Used my Christmas present for the first time: One of those seat/kneeler things with handles for hauling oneself up. Brilliant! And I've discovered its best use: sitting drinking tea! I now have my very own portable CBA bench. Lol.