cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

stop feeling guilty, small rant (BENCHLAND)

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

Re: stop feeling guilty, small rant (BENCHLAND)

Good luck tomorrow, Walkabout. Hope you have a pain free mammo and speedy normal results. We'll be keeping everything crossed for you! xx

Great news JCJ.I go for my annual mammogram tomorrow.last year I had to wait nearly 3 weeks for results and I totally empathised with your agonising wait. I was really badly effected by the delay last year and ended up ringing and pleading for info !!!

Ok, we've got the message..... you're NORMAL!

Highlighted
JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

Just popped in..... NORMAL!! Smiley Very Happy. Who knew??! 

Thank you for the recipe, I will get her to read it tomorrow as she is due to come here after " singing for toddlers" at the local Library.  I might get to try it sometime, hopefully when she's perfected it!

So glad your feet are behaving Katy.

Community Champion

NORMAL, really???? xx

Community Champion

Woo hoo scooby/booby/dooby dooSmiley Happy!!!

Brilliant news, whew, so pleased for you, you can relax now, we can too haha!!

Hello optimissy and ladybowler, you popped in at a lovely time, good news daySmiley Happy!

Thank you for the invite, enjoyed it all..................haha

Had a running around day, all over the place but managed to get everything done so am really pleased, and even better, feet behaved themselvesSmiley Happy. xx

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

Kale recipe:

Remove thick stalky bits and chop the leaves quite finely (I always think it looks like big parsley!) Heat a small amount of olive oil in a pan. Chuck in the kale and some garlic: a couple of cloves of garlic squished or finely chopped, OR a squirt of garlic paste OR about 1/2 teaspoon dried garlic granules (depending what you have/can be a**ed to use!) Stir fry over a medium heat for about 5 minutes until dark and crispy. You need a lot more kale than you think as it shrinks dramatically! I always think I've chopped far too much and end up with about a teaspoonful each! Smiley Happy Watch the garlic doesn't burn, or it will taste bitter.

Community Champion

JCJ

That is fab news, well done, Smiley Happy x

Yay hay, doing cartwheels and spinning on my head.  JCJ is NORMAL!  Just got home from school and first thing I've done is get on here to see if there's any news.....and YES, finally!  Sooooo pleased for you.  We've both reached a milestone this year!  And yes, you did just mention a few times that you are normal (but Katy and I know different Smiley Happy)

My letters never have a NHS logo.  Just a very distinctive franking,  Sounds as if your letter went a bit astray in the hospital, if in two envelopes. 

Daughter wants to know your recipe for oil and garlic fried kale.  I mentioned our virtual meal to her and she was intrigued.  And quick to tell me that she doesn't boil it, she steams it, oops.

Optimissy, please stay an optimistic miss, this blasted disease can be beaten, we are living proof!  My best wishes to you.

Community Champion

Whoo whoo! What an amazing feeling! As a relative newby who is 9 months away from my FIRST annual mammogram, it is GREAT to hear such news as yours. A few drinks tonight i trust, and sod the recommendations? :-)    xx

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

NORMAL, NORMAL, NORMAL, NORMAL, NORMAL!!!

The results are in. It says I am NORMAL. Smiley Very Happy

The letter was really odd. No NHS logo and it looked far too thick to be just the 'normal' form, so I was racking my brains to think of anything else I might be expecting, because if it WAS mammo result the thickness might be follow up instructions. Smiley Sad Breathe. Don't think about it. Just open it. The envelope was addressed last name, comma, FIRST name so something official - bank or health - as everyone else knows me by my middle name! but i did fill in a form at the weekend about my ISA! Inside the envelope was ANOTHER, folded, envelope with exactly the same address label stuck on it but no stamp or anything. ?????? Ripped that open, realising that this was the reason for the thickness of the letter, and there was a single sheet of white paper with that wonderful phrase: "I am pleased to say that your mammogram is normal". Whooooopeeee! TGFT!!

Thank you for your support during my time of madness: waiting for YEARS (well, nearly 3 weeks) to get the all clear!

By the way, did I mention: I'm normal??! Smiley Tongue

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

KTC, you can come to dinner too. It's just that FF said she'd wished she could have had our last week's Sunday dinner. Didn't mean to upset you by leaving you out. Smiley Happy x

Community Champion

Will you be wearing them to Norcambe FF???

Ok, feeling a little upset, seems like you two are having a lovely dinner, what's that all about???

Blanket is lovely JCJ, amazing what you can doSmiley Happy! xx

PS have never had kale..............and obviously never will...............xx

I've never cooked kale myself but I've had it at daughter's house and she just plunges it into boiling water for a couple of minutes.  Like cabbage but more tasty. They grow it and it's always on the menu, and it's greens, they do you good.  I will tell her your method and it may be better still!  I rely on meals at daughter's to get my five a day down me.

Oo-er Denver Colorado?  Sounds risky, I hope it all works out but there are some very nice pyjamas out there.  Last summer I wore a pair of trousers that I bought from the nightwear section of a notable store. Will be wearing them this year too!

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

D-I-L (to be) is having her suit made in Denver, Colorado! They found someone on the internet. I'm not sure I'd risk it, but measurements have been sent, fabrics chosen and a muslin version of the suit is being flown over for her to try on before the real one is made. It's grey and black. Trousers and a waistcoat, apparently. Maybe they'll BOTH be in pyjamas? 

How do you cook kale, FF? I've only recently started to buy it - on YD's recommendation. Fried in olive oil and garlic it goes crispy and tastes like that seaweed stuff you get in Chinese restaurants! Smiley Happy Nom nom nom!

Ooh yes, please. Really? Can I?  I'm on the way. No parsnips please, I'll try the cauli (not had it like that before).  Kale? Yes, love it but not had it fried in oil and garlic.  Try anything once!  Won't have room for dessert!  Truly I wish this wasn't virtual Smiley Sad

Hope that letter is there on your mat tomorrow, do they not know what quick or slow letters do to us? TBH I'd phone on Tuesday and pretend I'd got dates muddled up! Smiley Tongue 

I hope your daughter finds the perfect wedding suit soon and doesn't have to settle for something that will *do*.  Has her partner found one?

Pink blanket is just so lovely.  I do know someone who has about 5 days to due date but we don't know if pink or blue is needed.   I'll get my daughter to message her.

Iv'e moved between the CBA bench, the reading bench and I've found a new one......the doing arrow-words bench.  I kid myself that I'm keeping my brain active (use it or lose it)!  So, not a lot of cleaning, in fact, NO cleaning Smiley Embarassed Tomorrow I will.......

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

You want to come to dinner tonight, FF? 😜

Roast chicken

Roast potatoes

Roast parsnip

Yorkshire pudding

Cauliflower in honey mustard dressing

Smashed roots (swede, carrot & parsnip mash)

Kale fried in olive oil & garlic

Lashings of chicken gravy

Followed by "Pink Stuff" (a raspberry milk jelly/mousse on a digestive biscuit crumb base with cream piped on top)

Leftovers (who am i kidding?) will be in the shed. Help yourselves.

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

I have used up some ends of balls of pink 'wool', inherited from my sister, to knit a patchwork baby blanket. If you know of anyone having a 'pink' baby and might like it, I am selling it, via Mr Futon, in aid of Macmillan Cancer Support in my sister's memory. Let me know if you know anyone who may be interested. (I nearly sold it in aid of BCC, but as she died of leukaemia not BC, it didn't seem 'right'!)

20170319_140050.jpg

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

Trying really hard to stop obsessing about that letter - that still hasn't arrived- but I'm not doing very well. OH just took something out of the letter box (twang!) and I immediately thought "it's here!" It's a SUNDAY!! Of course it's not here. It was the "improved ware" catalogue!

I suppose it's the five year thing, but the fact that she had to take extra scans at the mammo, has really rattled me, so the delay in getting any results, far from making me think "No news is good news" is playing on my mind. Smiley Sad I have told myself (repeatedly) to get a grip and just wait for Thursday when I can phone. But I don't seem able to take my  own advice!

YD has helped to distract me by announcing that she will be doing her "usual Mothers' Day visit" next weekend, and that we will have to spend some of it suit shopping. She still hasn't found anything for the wedding! "Cancel the photographer, I'm wearing my pyjamas" So I've been googling to see which of the local towns have shops she hasn't already tried. That's the trouble with everywhere having the same chain stores! If she and her friend scoured Birmingham (walking 11 1/2 miles in the process!!) with no luck, then I'm not confident we will do any better. Time is running out!

Did you get your cleaning done, FF? Or are you, like me and KTC still glued to the CBA bench? Smiley Tongue. I was on the reading bench yesterday. Downloaded the book we are reading with the class at school: The boy in the striped pyjamas (no, not YD at her wedding!) Brilliant. Read it in one day. Now I've got to try not to give anything away when we are working on it at a school! 

Really should get on with the Sunday jobs: ironing, sorting out so dinner, tidying in garden. I'll just have another coffee before i get in the shower and get dressed......

Four hours and 3 cuppas later.....?