cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

stop feeling guilty, small rant (BENCHLAND)

Re: stop feeling guilty, small rant (BENCHLAND)

Glad you are feeling better Katy,  I will take you up on the offer of a lift on the broomstick.  Ferry fares are expensive and it will be quicker to fly!

Sorry about your washing disaster JCJ,  I've done just the same and ruined items I really liked.  So annoying, at least you seem to have recued the trousers.  I have just watched a programme on TV about the Channel and thought I saw you swimming.............are you wearing a pink costume with an overbra of orange feathers?  

I've been on the reading bench most of the day with a sojourn on the CBA bench and then the watching tv bench.  Been really lazy.  

Tomorrow I plan to go into school and get ahead of things. Not bothered that it's Sunday, would rather have several days off at the end the week when everything is done.

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

Never normally use the dryer, Katy, except for towels, bedding and maybe underwear or 'emergency' jeans when it's raining. That's why I don't know how I managed to set washer AND dryer last night! Smiley Sad

After a lot of ironing, I have managed to make the trousers look reasonably presentable, I think they may recover in the next wash. The knitwear, however, may be beyond recovery! They still look baggy and creased. Will just have to buy some more, although favourite cardy was from B*S, that is no more! Smiley Sad

Banana, oat, raisin & coconut biscuits (or nana biscuits to us!) in the shed, because I've made some for the girls as a housewarming present. They still have no kitchen, so I thought they'd appreciate some home baking! Smiley Happy

Community Champion

Ankles normal!!!!! woo hoo grumpy, as JCJ states at least something is normal hahahaha!!!

Happy time off,

FF and JCJSmiley Happy!

Tiny bit of nausea, feet still hurt but not soooooooooo intensely, hopefully over the next few days will calm down, have slept quite a lot so am feeling better today, woo hoo!

Not doing anything just "quiet time".

Aaah fingers crossed your washing is ok, so frustrating...............

Perhaps if some are looking dodgy give them another wash and then shake, shake shake, don't dry in tumble dryer if possible.

Have a fab time with your daughter. xx

FF, am travelling via broomstick, do you wish to hitch a lift? xx

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

Ankles are the only bit they have found that are normal, Grumpy? Ah well, at least that's something! Smiley Tongue

Is that a new café on the pier? Years ago, OH & I used to go to that café but every time we've been there at MMU it appeared to be shut.

I'm on the FF bench, a gnat's eyelash away from the CSL bench. Put a 'delicate' wash on at 8pm last night. Flopped in front of tele. At 10:30, when I turned off the tele, I realised I could still hear the washing machine! Don't know whether it was my over-tired mistake or if the washer-dryer was playing silly b.s, but, unless ironing can work miracles, I've ruined half my winter work clothes: 2 new jumpers, a much loved cardigan and 2 new pairs trousers (only one of which was from a charity shop!) because they'd been hot drying for goodness knows how long. A million socks and 2 bras seem to be just about ok.

YD says it's a good reason to cash in on my personal shopping voucher she gave me for my birthday. If OH can be persuaded to "do his own thing" (to put it politely) for a few hours, we'll do that on Monday! Smiley Happy Her OH will be at work.

Going to spend most of today on the CBA bench. So tired. 

Trip to MRI unit today - ankles are normal - then walk on Norecambe prom in the sun. Found a new cafe on the pier that uses proper tea bags and serves gorgeous cakes!!!! 

Rehearsals are a bit fraught....... oh dear! 

Grumpy

Zippadee doo da, zippy ay aye - half term and flexi time and days off await.  Couldn't be happier (ok  if I won the lottery I'd be happier......but.....)  I've done a whole half-term without a day off sick.  I'm better!!!

Seriously paractising for the celebrations next week or week after depending.... hope your car passes  with no drama JCJ.  Sorting out passport and travel arrangements to meet you.....In Calais?

Hope you feel better today Katy.

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

Nearly there!! I can see the shoreline and smell the croissants and coffee!! 356 metres to go - just over 14 lengths. Will definitely make it next time I go swimming - and several laps of the harbour or a few hundred metres up river?! Smiley Very Happy

Hopefully next week, if I can a) remember it's Thursday, even though I'm not at work b) be a***ed and c) my car isn't still in the garage having catastrophically failed it's MOT! 

Yipedee DOO DAH! Training day tomorrow, then 9 no get ups! Smiley Very Happy

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

Dentist next Wednesday, in half term. 

Sleep well. Glad there's a difference re feet - hope they continue to improve.

Do you think I could fit into one of those dresses? They sound lovely. Smiley Very Happy

Bake off (recorded) then bed. I fell asleep standing up in the shower this morning! Soooo very tired! Smiley Sad

Community Champion

Aaah thank you girls xx
Usual nightmare canula etc but wonder of wonders, 2 hours in and I could feel a difference re feet, woo hoo!!
Am superly tired now and off to bed real soon.
Dresses sound soo lovely x
Are you at dentist tomorrow JCJ? Hope all goes well xx
JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

Hope the Lido goes well today, Katy, I'll be keeping everything crossed that it sorts your pain out. As FF says, can you ask for the next one to be sooner? Don't forget to drink lots (water, not glitterberry juiceSmiley Tongue)

Hugs xx

Katy - I wish I could take your pain away but hopefully the lido tomorrow will.  Could you perhaps have it a bit more often to keep it at bay?  Worth asking?

JCJ - just WOW to your neighbour, that is a staggering amount of money to raise.  Well done to her. Scarf, bear and a manicure!  Perhaps OH will donate that to you?

Dresses for GD.  First one an A-line pinafore dress in red needlecord with an appliqued owl on front.  Owl in various materials, plain/patterned/beige/brown with a cream fur, yes, fur body.  Just cries out to be stroked.  Second one, a red/green tartan pinafore dress, more fitted with a drop waist and then a two tiered frilled skirt,edged with red ribbon. 

Still waiting for the blue tartan long sleeved, smocked across the chest dress.  In the shop today Daughter gave thought to buying another A-line pinafore with an elephant applique, if it's still there next time we go I bet she'll buy it.........or I will for an Xmas pressie! 

Community Champion

They sound beautiful FF, I love those dresses, no little girls here now just GS who wouldn't/couldn't wear a frock hahaha!!

You'll have to tell us colours, designs etc.

Well done neighbour, what a fab amountSmiley Happy

How on earth did you guess Kandi???

That's brilliant winning, hurrahSmiley Happy!!

Off for lido tomorrow, honestly can't wait, am hoping it's all calmed down by this time tomorrow evening, look like ****, cause my face is constantly grimacingSmiley Frustrated! Could easily cry but am refusing to do it cause it ain't gonna make the pain go away.............xx

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

Good grief!! Neighbour just been round. They raised nearly £2000 on Sunday (including £500 donation from a local, large, online-only supermarket company) I, who never win anything, won a scarf in the raffle and guess the name of the bear - a cute teddy with the name of the hospice on its jumper. Apparently called Kandi, but as bears in this house are ALWAYS male, that will probably change! OH won a gel manicure - can't wait to take the p out of him about that!! Smiley Very Happy. Added to the chocs, smellies and wine (OH) won on the tombola we did quite well! Smiley Happy

I only entered the guess the name as an afterthought - when I went round again in the afternoon, because next door neighbour wanted to go and wouldn't go on her own. I saw the cute bear - which I'd missed earlier - and had a guess!

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

Four more days - only three with children - I can do this! Snzzzz

Only a week to go at school actually only four days now.  Can't wait, I need to work 4 hours over the five days of half term. Will have three days off and work two hours for the other two days. One of them needs to be Friday because of the water checks.

Daughter and I going tomorrow to a local shop run by a Mum and two daughters that love sewing. They make baby/toddler clothes that are just beautiful, all hand made, even hand-stitched smocking on the dresses, how unusual is that?  AND all they want is to cover their costs so the dresses are reasonably priced. (Really they are far too cheap.)  Daughter ordered three dresses, GD's measurements were taken and we are going over tomorrow for a fitting,  This is bespoke tailoring to GD's size. Seriously if they put their business on the Internet or if they were in London they could get £80 - £100 for a dress or even more. I told the lady in the shop (one of the daughters) that they were far too cheap.  She was adamant they just enjoyed making them and just wanted to cover their costs.

My GD will be the best dressed toddler in the South West! 

Community Champion

Glad all has gone well, love walnut cake, will now run to shed asap xx

Community Champion

Typecast, grumpy????

HahahahaSmiley Happy!

Am so glad I don't have a car, what an expenseSmiley Frustrated!

Laughed at clothes off and on scenario JCJ, if you had worn your lycra suit, things would have been so much easier, you could have even swam in it, hee hee.

Glasses are fixed so no more one leggedness.

Feet are still soooooooooooooo painful, lido on Wed so really hoping that does the trick, it should, fingers are a bit ouchy too. If I didn't have lido this is what life would be like, no wonder people take very strong painkillers...........

Mugs? am also soooooo fussy when picking haha xx 

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

Coffee and walnut cake in the shed. Neighbours' sale seems to be going well. The heavy rain has stopped and the sun's come out, thank goodness! They have tents/gazebos up but it would have been much more miserable if the rain had carried on!

I'm going to make the most of the sunshine and go and tidy up the plant tubs on the front ready for the winter plants next week - if I can get out of this chair.....!

Highlighted

My half term's going to be expensive too.  Cam belt and new tyres for car and birthday present for daughter.   As we have totally different tastes I can only surprise her with an idea and then leave her to choose.  About two months ago she mentioned that she would like to smash all her mismatching mugs and get new ones.

Lightbulb moment, I would buy her a matching set for her birthday!  Sat on that thought until this week and then told her and took her to a local seaside place that had hundreds of mugs in different shops, 

All we managed to buy was a fish and chip lunch that was alright but not a patch on our fish and chips at MMU4.

The search for mugs goes on.

Lovely day today, books read, daughter called in for a cuppa, recorded tv watched and homemade healthy burgers eaten.  Tomorrow ......much of the same, I expect.

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

Just found these one-legged glasses. I think they must be Katy's. Lol.

Glasses

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

Just delivered a whole load of homemade jam to a neighbour who's having a charity sale tomorrow in aid of BCC and a local Hospice. She's one of us! Just finished RT. I hope I managed to give her some hope for the next few years, at least, and that they raise loads of cash for both worthy causes. I'll nip across tomorrow and buy some cake - well, it'd be rude not to?? 😁

Who said anything about typecasting, Grumpy? Do you want to borrow my broomstick? Smiley Tongue

I hope your feet are less ouchy now, Katy. When is your next Lido?

Rehearsals every night!!!!! And I've got a part!!!! It's a real witch of a woman who drives her son to murder....... who mentione typecasting??

Grumpy

Dentist....ouch....poor you JCJ !

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

Went to dentist. Filling will have to be replaced by drilling out what's left of it and putting a new one in "with supporting posts" sounds horrendous! I have booked a 40 minute appointment during half term. 😨

It's going to be a very expensive week: return train to Norwich, hotel for 2 nights, meal out with the girls, £199 dentist bill (includes XRays he took today - all OK - and scrape & polish) and car service and MOT (thank goodness I had the cam belt done last year!!)

Today, it has seemed like I've spent the whole day dressing and undressing. 7am Dress for work. 12:30pm Change for PE lesson. 3:30pm change back into work clothes - refuse to go to dentist in PE kit! - 7:30pm change into swimming costume, jeans & fleece. 7:55pm remove clothes at pool. 9pm dress after swimming. 9:45 remove clothes AGAIN and don nightwear. Lie down exhausted - just from all the changing never mind the 66 lengths! Annoyed that I didn't manage 70, despite having plenty of time, because I got cramp in my foot and toes that I couldn't kick out, so I had to give up and get out of the pool. Still, by my calculations, I have 85 lengths left before I reach Calais. Should arrive Thursday 27th around 9pm - provided my car gets through its MOT - if it's still stuck in the garage, I won't be able to go swimming!

Teaching all day tomorrow in a difficult class that have only had their own teacher for 1 1/2 days this week. Going to be hideous. Thank goodness it's Friday!!

Community Champion

Think we have a language/country difference here.......cause I live in a different country we say legs hahaha! !!
Says me rolling around the sofa guffawing with laughter xx
JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

Button appears to be a hug button as both Delly and I tried it and those 2 posts are registering 1 hug apiece. Neither of the posts were worthy of a hug so I guess it was us testing out the orange alligator! Smiley Happy

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

Leg??? On glasses? Mine have arms. No wonder yours are lopsided?! Are they wearing knee highs (or even knee eyes?! Smiley Very Happy) hehehehe!

Community Champion

What is it???? and what's so emotional (hahaha)????

What's happening??

Do feel emotional, am really struggling with my feetSmiley Sad..............not making doc appt until I have my lido because fingers crossed that will get rid of this pain!! It's AWFUL, boo hoo. Nothing helps, resting blah, blah, blah.

Oh and the leg fell off my glasses today, grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, found an old pair which are supremely lop sided so I can still see to read, albeit with a tilted head xx

YeY you gals- have pressed on the sais alligator button. What's hapenned??

Dellywellydoodaah xxx

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

Oh hello! What's this strange new icon, next to the hug button. It looks like a comedy orange alligator!! Smiley Very Happy

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

Ah! So it's not just me that randomly triggers "emotional content" warnings. Lol. I was starting to take it personally: pay no attention to her she's always emotional! 

What emotional content? I selected a very happy smiley face! Smiley Happy

Haha 

Spoiler
Smiley Very Happy
JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

Yes, Ali, I remember some problem about camels and needles!

What? Why would they even TRY to thread themselves through the eye of a needle? No wonder they're hopeless at sewing on sequins?! Smiley Tongue

Well, that explains the sequins in the carpet. Camels aren't that good at sewing their own beauty pageant costumes...

Sorry your feet are still sore Katy, hope they improve soon.  My knee better again today.  Been daughter's chauffeur today, so went supermarket shopping with her.  I only wanted three things but then things like white chocolate and blueberry biscuits just need to be tried don't they? 

At her beck and call again tomorrow, she needs to go places, not a problem.  My car will be in the garage in two weeks time so favours will be returned.

Dink is absolutely bound to win that competition!

Community Champion

Oh my I thought pic was of my knees???? hahahahaSmiley Happy

Lovely you had a great time aliSmiley Happy

Glad your daughter's back is better, FF.

My what a bargain, haven't been to a car boot for years.

Like garlic and apple things, together though??? not sure..............

Goodness, I assume Hump is cheering her on?

When you do reach Calais, shall we jump in, as you are approaching shore? or shall we just stand and cheer? Do you want us to sing?? Shall we have food ready? Will you be arriving in the evening?? If so are fireworks order of the day? French food, glitterberry wine?

Getting jittery cause you know how organised I have to beSmiley Happy!!

Feet still sore but managed to get into townSmiley Frustrated, roll on lido xx

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

Ladies, ladies! I can let you into a secret! I know where Dink is! Apparently (according to QI on Twitter) Abu Dhabi hosts an annual camel beauty pageant. So that's why it's been very quiet in Benchland?? Smiley Happy

Just back from a lovely weekend in London with OH. Amongst other things we went to see Jersey Boys - fabulous!

When did you take that picture of my knees JCJ?  Thought I wore trousers at MMU's.  Knee is better today so hopefully sorting itself out as it has done before.  The day will come, I suppose, when it will not get better in a few days and will become a real problem.  

Done all the washing today and got it dried and folded, just need to put it away now.  Family descended on me this morning, son cut my lawn for me.  I provided an early lunch and then we went to the car boot sale. 

Lots and lots of xmas decorations there today and I took a chance and bought one of those five candle light arch thingies (know what I mean?) for £3. Have been wanting one for years but have always baulked at the prices of new ones. Got it home, plugged it in and it works. Yay!

Also got a folding step for £2, just need the extra height to reach the top shelves of the kitchen cupboards.

Katy, you should open box to check it's not damaged, not bad Mum at all. Just checking Mum.

Daughter's back much improved after her visit to Chiropractor on Friday but her car did not survive the journey and is now in the garage to have a new water pump fitted.  I am now her taxi until  it is fixed, taking her food shopping in the morning.

Moving to cross stitch bench until bedtime, I'm about halfway though one.

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

Forgot to say: the apple cake was fine, so I must have used the right flour. Smiley Happy It's in the shed along with the remains of the home made apple pie and a gazillion damson jam tarts (so long since I've bothered to make a pie, I forgot how much pastry to make and overdid it rather!)

I don't recommend eating the apple cake with hands that have just been peeling garlic. Definitely an acquired taste: garlicky apple cake! 😕

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

How about these? They'd look fabulous atop some stripey knee highs and flashing light shoes?!

camel9.gif

OK so I may have been advised by Dink as to the best looking knees! Smiley Tongue

Community Champion

Stay in the chairSmiley Happy!!

What are we like?? 

Bad knees, bad backs, and sore feet..................

My knees are the only things that do not hurt, hahahaha!!!

delly, am sorry but am going with the suitably fashionable, painted toenail, new feet, thank you JCJ.

Can you now find some new knees for FF and yourself?

YD's laptop decided to die, so new one arrived today, YD is out, sooooooooooo tempted to open box, bad Mum xx

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

Oh, FF, I know exactly what you mean about the knees. I get that too, where you just can't trust them. It almost feels like it could bend back the wrong way. Especially going down stairs. And the clicking! Smiley Sad I used to have trouble swimming breaststroke, some weeks, because my knees would click and be painful, but since BC (I'm wondering if it was the anti-inflammatories(?) In the REACT trial?) I've not had so much trouble with them.

Been busy doing essential Sunday things: shower, stripping big bed, washing, ironing. Also made pastry & sliced up a couple of our Bramley apples ready for a pie for dinner. CBA bench has now grabbed me but I know I'll feel better if I can just get it together to go out for a walk in the sunshine. But I'm so tired. And this chair is so comfy! 

Your feet can join my knees in room 101, Katy, onc said after the bone scan that I had dodgy knees.  I already knew that but for the last few days I've been forcibly reminded that my left knee just does not work properly.  It's done it before and then righted itself so I hope it will do so again.  No pain, just a feeling that it's not going to hold me up and it clicks at odd times especially going up/down stairs.  

Had the flu jab this morning, I remembered to go today!  Have not got any of the mentioned side effects so far so feeling hopeful that I will not have any of them.

Have had a lovely lazy day, reading, catching up with recorded tv etc.  Just chillin'.

Sorry you're having such a bad time with your feet Ktc xx

Hey all you gals

No question as to the more fluffy 'B' options with ref to slippers. Feel sure Ktc will plump for the same.

Hey JCJ - Got that you're going to see your girls 23rd, but when is there wedding gonna be?? Hope you have a well deserved rest from SRF.

xxx 

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

Oh how I wish we had 2 weeks off!! Preferably starting now. But we have 2 weeks to get through (although the last Friday is a training day, so no children!) and then one week off.

We go to Norwich, to see the brides to be, Sunday 23rd for a couple of nights. Really looking forward to seeing their new house.

Bramley Apple Cake cooking in the oven at the moment. Will put some in the shed. However, playing back, in my mind, the cooking process, I think I may have used plain flour instead of SR. Perhaps there will be Bramley Apple Biscuits in the shed?? So tired. I'm struggling to function at all!

I am trying to order you some new feet, KTC, which ones would you like, these:Crazy-Slippers

Or these:

Feet

Community Champion

Hopefully all goes well for them this year JCJ.

What no leftovers???

My feet are going in to 101, rested for 2 days, went out yesterday and ouchy, ouchy ouch.........

If possible would like a new pair...........asap!!

GD off for 2 weeks, do you have 2 weeks too?

When are you off to see the bride to be?

Have been on the "CBA" bench for hours......... about to get up and tidy up, what's that I hear?? My kettle is boiling and there is only 1 pecan and caramel slice left?? Oh dear looks like I'll have to eat it xx

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

Just checked in on Bob TV and he - or Babs - is back in residence!! Smiley Happy We never did get around to clearing out the nest so he/she is just roosting on top of the debris.

So tired. Thank goodness it's Friday!! Incapable of doing anything other than flopping in front of the tele.