61661members
325300posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

stop feeling guilty, small rant (BENCHLAND)

Community Champion

Re: stop feeling guilty, small rant (BENCHLAND)

Aaaah haaaaaaaaa JCJ, that's where I have be going wrong then???

No wonder readings were unusual.............

hahahahaha xx

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

No KTC, you don't do your BP in your ear!! Morning and evening - same time every day, if poss. Don't eat, smoke or drink caffeinated drinks beforehand and try to sit relaxed and comfortable. 

Been switching between reading (Rainmaker, John Grisham -  very good) and CBA benches today and yesterday, although I did get of the latter long enough to clean the windows!

Just been back to opticians for field test. All OK. Afterwards, she told me I was "Free to go", so I took her literally and left without paying - again! Honestly, if they can't get their act together to take payment, I'm not going to force the issue!!

Community Champion

You will look gorgeous JCJSmiley Happy!!

Are you doing a shortcut to Calais via the hole in your road???

Can you please remind me when to do BP, obviously went in one ear then straight out the other, hee hee xx

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

Road still blocked, but it looks like progress has been made today in filling in the hole.

I'm just over another mile closer to "Calais"! Having trod water in The Channel for nearly 2 months, I was surprised I could still swim at all! You are going to need your thermals for the reception party - it'll be October or November before I get there. I'm knitting up that pattern you gave me, KTC, to wear under my cossie.

Went in to school today and got a lot done in the library. I can't go in tomorrow as nobody is "opening up" - so I just shoved all the stuff I haven't done out of sight and will try to sort it when I get time - though goodness knows when that'll be!!

TAXI!

Smiley Very Happy
Community Champion

Oh no JCJ, that puts a spanner in the works???

Fingers crossed rooms are available for two nights.

Has road been fixed yet?

grumpy you're home woo hooSmiley Happy!!

Had GS for a while today, his vocabulary is really coming on, we were reading a train book choo choo and there was a yellow car, he said taxi so that was our favourite word today. ED says she has no idea where "taxi" came from and he says it so clearly haha xx

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

It occurs to me that hairdressers' mirrors making us look older/greyer is a deliberate ploy: trying to make us think "good grief! I'd better get my hair dyed/expensively cut to make me look younger." Not sure how effective that is though, when clients look in the same mirrors after the alledgedly rejuvenating work? Smiley Happy

Road still blocked. Massive trench down one side and huge pile of the contents of said trench and assorted other detritus on the other side. I did contemplate "accidentally" damaging the water main up the road from my house so that it had to be blocked that way too. Then I couldn't possibly get out to go to school today! Naughty bench? Moi?

Did go to school for 5 hours. Got loads done without the pesky kids there, getting in the way! Smiley Tongue I shall have to go in again tomorrow because I've got a massive amount to do in the library, but hopefully I won't need to go in Friday.

Tried to book hotel room for 2 nights for YD's wedding, but ALAS! - hotel is fully reserved for the Saturday night because there is another wedding on the Saturday! That puts a spanner in the works!! Wedding deliberately planned on the Bank Holiday Sunday to allow far-flung relatives to travel on Saturday & Monday.  Obviously, there are other hotels in Norwich, but we've got to pay for 6 rooms on the Sunday, and I don't suppose many of the other guests will be prepared to spend the 2 nights in different hotels?! Grrrrr! Hotel has promised to get back to me if any of the rooms are not required by the other wedding party - fingers crossed. Knew they should have had it at Norecambe! Smiley Tongue

Well, got back home safely, and spent the last few days washing clothes and bedding etc, sorting out the jungle formerly known as the garden, just need to hoover out the campervan, and take dogs to vet for dental work.... more expense.

Must catch up on sleep now

Grumpy

Community Champion

Those mirrors??? You think they would enhance looks instead they emphasize all the worst bits!!!

Don't wear my glasses might frighten myself................

FF, how good are you, a proper clearout, fantastic and replaced with mostly new things, woo hoo!!

Is your spare room now a library?? Oh how I would love my own library, hee hee.

Went to the shop and have purchased "it" am pleased for the moment as have only been out once in 5 hours which is great for me, will wait and see.............

JCJ hope road is now fixed.

Bag sounds lovely, is it too nice to dance around?? xx

Community Champion

Hairdressers mirrors are awful, show up every line, wrinkle and grey hair. I hate them. Can't they cut my hair by candlelight?  Mine looks much more grey than it does at home!  Much excitement in your road!

Talking of wrinkles,I have just realised that I have one at the back of my neck!  Because of the 360 degree view afforded in the changing rooms and because I got sunburnt at Norecambe, I could see a white line across my neck.  I've got wrinkles in places I never even thought about Smiley Sad

Have been totally ruthless about the wardrobe/drawer clearout today, five bin liners of clothes going to the charity shops and a lot of space created. All the size 16 clothes have gone, anything that I've not worn for the last two years has gone, anything that I wore during bc treatment has gone. Some things I've kept but they've been demoted to work wear.  Don't wear my best clothes to work.

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

Road still blocked. OH walked down this morning and there's a really big hole. We think the fire brigade and police were there last night because the road had actually collapsed! I'd driven through about 1/2 hour before!!!

Eyes tested. No change to prescription. Beginnings of cataract not got any worse and optician is not concerned that I'll be taking the Tapoxyfen for 5 years longer. I was so relieved not to have to spend hundreds on new glasses that I walked out without even thinking about paying for the eye test! I had my £10 eye test voucher in my bag ready as well.

She wants me to go back for a field test, which she couldn't do today, for some reason, so I've booked it for Saturday. I was considering cancelling it, but now I suppose I'd better go and pay! Probably shouldn't tempt fate anyway....?!

Because I didn't have to buy glasses - for at least another 2 years - I treated myself to a new real leather handbag. RRP alledgedly £99. I got it for £40, in that store that sells designer goods at cheap prices - (not TK Min!) Still more than I wanted to pay for a handbag, but it's lovely soft, navy leather and big enough to cart all my **** around in!

Also bought a new school bag, but I'm not so happy with that. It was only a tenner though, so as long as it lasts at least a term or two, I can get another if I can't get on with it.

Got my hair trimmed too and the girl said: "It's's still lovely and thick isn't it?" I could have hugged her! She didn't know how thick it used to be! I was slightly shocked that it's almost completely grey/white now! Or was that those pesky hairdresser mirrors? Smiley Tongue

Community Champion

Photos are brilliantSmiley Happy!!!

Thank you JCJ xx

Community Champion

Oh no JCJ, hopefully all calm now, what you'll do to fill that pond???

THE WEDDING woo hoo, are we bridesmaids officially then??

Fab you bought new clothes FF, know how you hate shopping...............

Do you have any food left hahaha?

grumpy, where are you??

Have been on the "so tired" bench and have been sleeping non stop, this is the first time I have been this tired, it's a normal side effect.

Put off going into town today, will venture down tomorrow and have a look in that shop FF. 

YD back from Festival and off on Sun to warmer climes, thinking of hiding in her suitcase xx

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

Arggghh! Stupid thing won't let me put the paragraphs in properly. The original text had them. Even went back to edit but it's not playing ball! Grrrr Smiley Sad

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

Oooh! Exciting! It's official. THE wedding invitation has arrived. "Dress as you wish: onesies and white tie equally acceptable" Honestly, that's what it genuinely says! They don't know what they're in for?! Smiley Tongue

The card is lovely, it has a picture of the 2 of them having a mugatea, sitting on a fallen tree, taken on a walk (in the lake district, I think); a photo of the pub where the wedding will be held; and a picture of their 2 beringed hands interlocked - on what looks like a pub garden table. So apt! 

The rooms are less than I feared too, at least for the Sunday night ("special offer for wedding guests") but we've promised to stay there anyway, for 2 nights, however much - (the venue is free providing 6 rooms are paid for and they spend a certain amount on food - the latter is NOT a problem: one of the brides is my daughter!! Smiley Happy )

There was other excitement here last night too. On Friday, our road started leaking. OH phoned to report a probable burst water main, but they already knew about it. It had been getting steadily worse over the weekend and a big hole developed in the middle of the road - water pouring out. Anyway, just after we got back from the supermarket shop and dinner in café, I discovered we had no water! (JUST had enough for 2 mugateas - phew!) Guessed it was related to the hole in the road. Went out to water the flower tubs (we have rainwater butts) and saw blue lights flashing down the road! Fire engine and police car! Too dark to see what's going on, but half the street seem to be out. Road closed. Water company arrive. Drilling commences. Automated phone call from ****** **** Water explaining situation and promising to have the water back on by midnight. Water back on by about 11, but drilling, banging and clanking carry on all night

They're still there this morning. Somebody didn't get the night they expected?! All night and this morning, I could hear water running -like the sound the cistern on the loo makes when it's refilling. It sounded like it was in our house, but I assumed it was something to do with the problem outside. Turns out OH had left the tap in the (integral) garage on full! All night. It's a good job we don't have a water meter - and that the tap is near the door so the water ran out down the drive and not into the house!! Anyhow, can't dally here any longer. Must get presentable and go for my eye test, possibly a haircut, and try to find a replacement for my tatty old briefcase/school bag. Charity shops, FF, that's the way to replace clothes cheaply. That's where half my clothes came from when I lost loads of weight. Smiley Happy

Community Champion

It was while packing for Norcambe that I actually realised that I've only got 5 t-shirts, 2 pairs of jeans, 1 fleece, 1 pair of smart trousers, 1 jacket and 1 coat that fit me. Everthing else that I own is too big now.  So I've been clothes shopping today and you know how much I love that Smiley Sad  Looked online  and then went where I thought I might get something.  Looking for fairly cheap and cheerful so two supermarkets seemed the best bet.

I now have six new tops varying in thickness from suitable for autumn and then winter and a new pair of jeans. Sorted. Tomorrow I'm going to go through my wardrobe and drawers and get rid of everything that I'll never wear again. Some stuff is getting on for 16 years old ...that cardi doesn't owe me a thing...but it's time for it to go.

Back to school tomorrow,  how long is it until half term?

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

*putting* up displays. Stupid tablet!

PS - the frogs in the pond were safe from my invasion as it was chucking it down last night and too dark by the time I'd finished cooking/eating dinner tonight! Smiley Happy

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

Have a treat day, FF, when you have pizza and cream cakes and eat more 'sensibly' the rest of the week? Works OK in theory, anyway. Lol.

Much nicer day again today, so after the usual Sunday morning bed changing, washing and ironing, we went out for a walk along a nearby canal and through woodland. Had to park at the pub which meant we were forced to have a half pint before returning home! Smiley Very Happy Also had a couple of homemade banana biscuits with a mugatea in the car from the thermos flask (well the hot water was in the flask - we carry teabags & milk separately because flask tea is vile!) before heading home to cook a HUGE Sunday roast. Nom nom. Couldn't fit the apple strudel in - will have to have it for supper - or tomorrow!

Text from teacher I work with most: we have to go in one day in the holiday instead of a training day. She was letting me know what days she'll be in next week. So it looks like I'll be going in for at least part of Wed, Thurs and possibly Friday as I left the library in a right mess and have to sort that out as well as assist the teacher pitting up displays etc. I felt so depressed just thinking about going back, but I feel better after the walk. Tomorrow is shopping and tea in Supermarket café. Tuesday is opticians appointment, haircut and buying a new school bag, then that's it! Holiday over! Where the h*** did that go??? Smiley Sad

Community Champion

All the family at my house today, they ate even more.  Then we all went to the local car boot sale, I bought three books, I'm slowly filling those bookshelf spaces! 

Then I went to supermarket to replace what the family had eaten (bread, cheese, crisps etc.) and to get my dinners for the next few days. After really having to get my weight up and eating whatever I wanted, pizza and cream cakes are really nice but now I've got to be sensible. Dr. said I needed to put on weight but not too much.  So I have bought meat and veg and will follow a healthy diet....... Yeah, really?  Ok, I'll try!  But I like pizza and cream cakes...........

Community Champion

Oh my, JCJ, what fun you haveSmiley Happy!

Who would have thought, on a hazy, lazy, summers' evening to play badminton in the pond??

Jolly, good capers, I say xx

Community Champion

Lasagne?  Yes, please.  Badminton?  I'll be the referee.........*shouts*  "mind the pond!"  Oops..... too late, a very wet JCJ emerges covered in green algae.  Sorry but that's the thought you have put into my mind.

Lovely day here, hot and sunny, washing done, dried and folded no ironing needed apart from those blasted t-shirts that I mentioned at Norcambe.

Know what you were looking for JCJ, just the best put down ever!  Sorry that you couldn't find it.

Katy  OMG, that sounds terrible, you must have been so worried when it wasn't going to plan but just a slight headache at the end is worth it. 

Daughter, SIL and GD's back from their holiday today. Called in to see me and ate me out of house and home.  Nothing changes, both son and daughter see me as a supply of food.  Mum's cafe? They are welcome to anything, all I ask is that if they use up the last of whatever they eat they let me know so I can replace it.

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

Regretting doing the indoor jobs yesterday, on a lovely sunny day. Grey, wet and miserable today. I was bored so I made a big lasagne from scratch - it's currently in the oven: ready in 4 minutes from now! Smiley Happy - a salad and some garlic bread (well, I only released the latter from its packaging and the freezer and shoved it in t'oven!)

There *should* be plenty of lasagne so I can freeze several portions (or at least one anyway?!) as I love homemade lasagne but can never be a**ed to cook it!

OH has made a badminton net using the some of the poles from the old tent, so I expect I shall have to prance about in the garden later, if the rain stops, pretending to play badminton with him (and trying to avoid falling into the pond as there really isn't enough room on the "lawn" (patch of weedy grass) for such pursuits!!

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

Just spent the last FOUR HOURS scanning through Benchland to find a comment that FF mentioned at MMU4. Didn't find it - it's so hard to look back through the 'new' forum: can't select a page in the middle - have to search through sequentially. But it bought back so many memories: sad, scary and hilarious. What a wonderful, mad place we have created!! Smiley Very Happy

Going to have to give up, or I'll still be here, searching, this time next week!

Community Champion

Well it was worse than hideous................Smiley Frustrated, arrived at 9am, couldn't fit canula eventually after 4 attempts it was in, then machine kept buzzing and saying there was an air bubble, machine changed, buzzing and message again, line clear, canula rechecked, nurse needed a second pair of eyes, all checked, all ok, buzzing again.............system flushed twice, last resort don't know what it was called, checked and finally fixed, started working properly.........now nearly 11am..........returned home at 6pm............

Bonus, drank lots and lots, no sickness and just a slight headache, just a very long day, is it worth it? Yes it is.....

Wow am superly impressed JCJSmiley Happy!!

Sorry FF, mine is def a "CBA" bench, hahaha!!

As long as numerals were not 666, hee hee xx

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

Well, I did eventually get off the Playing Silly Games On My Tablet bench, I showered and washed my hair; got dressed; stripped and remade the single bed; put 2 loads of washing on and out to dry; turned the over-ripe bananas into banana biscuits; made blackcurrant jam from the stash in the freezer, and while it was cooking, cleaned the kitchen cupboards - (some of them more thoroughly than others - I confess some had just the quick-lift-and-wipe-under technique). 

Then I sorted my MMU photos on my computer (see your PM, KTC) before walking down to the chippie for my tea.

Now I'm on the Smug But Knacker*d bench. So perhaps it was the motivation bench you gave me, FF? Smiley Happy

Hope you're OK, Katy, and that today's not been too hideous.

Community Champion

Shreddies for breakfast today.......that's just not as good as Rita's.  But probably better for me..... hold that thought.

Hope today went according to plan Katy and that the Lido does what it is meant to do.  ( I sense I'm echoing JCJ here).

Come on JCJ, I gave you a motivational bench, wear it and get going..........or did I give you the CBA bench in which case........ooops!

Set the mileage thingy on the car when I set off on Tues. and last night when I arrived home it said 555.5 miles.Couldn't believe it, all the fives and that's half my total mileage for the year in three days Smiley LOL

Lovely weather here, not done much, just had a lazy day.  Must go to school tomorrow to do the water checks.

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

Hope it goes to plan today, KTC, and that the Lido does its stuff! (Tablet wanted me to type Ludo - got your counters ready?! Smiley Happy ) Remember to drink lots of water.

Glorious sunny day here after a very wet evening/night. Going to struggle to motivate myself to do anything off the (extensive) "holiday jobs" list!

Community Champion

Just waiting for transport......
No rosie/rita's this morning, will be dry toast and a cuppa tea no comparison haha!
Not expecting to be home until around 4, mmmmm I am back in the real world xx
Community Champion

Am home too, thank goodness!!

A rowdy passenger was removed from the train which then led to the train arriving late soooooooooo missed the next connection, oh dreary me...........

YD said why did you not get off at the station prior to, if I had done that I would/could have caught the original train, oh well hahaha!!

Had a superly, duperly fun time and my, what was that weather like???

Am freezing cold now with very red sunburn??

JCJ you forgot to mention the twelve friends you made on the train, hahahaha. Must have been the skinny jeans?

FF, sooooooooo glad you are also home, did you miss all the rain? FF bought Xmas presents in Norcambe, lalalalalala hahaha!! 

Off to bed shortly, must have been all the excitement, tired now and lido tomorrow, boohoo xx

Community Champion

Laughing at the thought of your new jeans JCJ,  They looked great this am. But I'm imagining them ever lower after each train change!   Good on your OH for meeting you. Great delivery on the hoodie, I'm sure she'll love it.

Six hours to get there, seven hours to get home.  Roadworks = 50 mph speed limit, twice on M6, twice on M5,torrential rain around Birmingham, and the resultant spray off the road meant very limited visibilty, so I just got in the inside lane between two medium sized lorries that gave me some shelter and then there was congestion so that slowed the speed to about 10 mph. Stopped at Worcester for a sarnie and a muggatea. The weather cleared then and it was just showers until I was off the motorway and dry for the last 25 miles home.

On the knackered bench now but it was so worth it, every mile of it , so lovely to see you both again and to realise that our friendship is not just online but in real life too.   

Thank you both for your gifts, they will be used and treasured.

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

Safely home. Relieved to be met, by OH, at Station as I thought I'd have to wait ages for a bus and have to faff for change to pay the fare. I did have to walk nearly to bus stop before I saw his car pass me! He didn't see me frantically waving at him, so I had to trek back to station! Grrrr!

New jeans are a disaster. Because they are skinny leg ones, and quite low cut, every time I bend my knee it pulls them down! Not good when, holding a bag in each hand and negotiating getting on and off trains - 4 of them!! Smiley Embarassed

Amazed to get home to find the hoodie I ordered, yesterday morning, for YD, has already arrived. Glad I didn't pay extra for speedy delivery!! Smiley Tongue

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

2016-08-24 23.07.57.jpg

Afternoon tea at The Madlands as lovely as ever!

Weather been superb all day, but it did get a bit chilly when the sun went down

Forced into the pub. Gutted?! :-)

So pleased the weather is good for you, benchies.  Enjoy every moment.

JCJ, saw Mamma Mia at the Hippodrome in Brum too.  Absolutely brilliant show, they should prescribe it on the NHS Smiley Wink

Have a lovely time ladies, sorry I can't be with you,  still in Scotland with friends etc etc.

I will be thinking of you at Afternoon Tea ......

Hope the weather holds up, it's a bit nippy up here.

Love to all

Grumpy

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

All arrived safely. Brilliant Benchland themed gifts exchanged. Norecambe stocks of tea now seriously depleted. Walk along prom in glorious sunshine. Sea flat calm.
Not a camel in sight - though we did find 3 plastic ones tangled together in a toy shop. Symbolic??
Delicious fish & chips devoured. Can't believe the weather has been so kind to us for 4th year in a row!! Smiley Happy
Community Champion

Geez eventually arrived.........
So had a stroll around and have been told every year for a couple of days chaos occurs, camels, tiaras, dancing in the street etc.
Have no clue what that`s all about???
See you very soon x x
JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

🎶Waterloo! Tunelessly singing my Waterloo!🎶

Show was brilliant. I now understand the term "dancing in the aisles" as that is what most of the audience was doing at the end. Smiley Happy 

Before it started, a man's voice announced: "for those of you with a nervous disposition, I have to warn you that this show contains platform boots and white Lycra" hahaha! Sounds like Benchland? Smiley Happy

No word from Katy, hope she got there safe!

Highlighted

Have a fabulous time Benchies!! The camels are still in Rio partying so I think you'll be safe Smiley Happy xx

Community Champion

I think I'm ready to go.  Just the sarnies to make for the journey now and then put the last minute things in the case tomorrow and then.............I shall be on my way.  Hoping to leave no later than 7am, earlier if possible.

See you tomorrow..........sooooo excited!

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

Safe journey, KTC. See you TOMORROW!! Smiley Very Happy

I'm sitting on my bed surrounded by piles of clothes and one small 'train friendly' bag, totally unable to make any decisions about what to pack! What is the matter with me?

I suppose the problem is that I have slobbed around in shorts and vests/T shirts for the last 3 weeks, but I can't rely on the weather being as 'clement'. To wear trainers or to pack them? (Sandals preferable footwear but useless if it rains; trainers heavier to carry/bulkier to pack, but look stupid with cropped trousers) Skirt or trousers for Afternoon Tea? All these imponderables! Why is life so complex? (Middle class problems??! : smileytongueSmiley Happy

I saw something on Twitter (other social media sites are prolifically available!) that made me laugh out loud and think of you all: "Humans caught the common cold from camels"!!! (Thanks for that gem, @qikipedia) No wonder Hump & Dink always look so smug?!

Going to see Mama Mia (Mammamia? Mamamia?) At the theatre tonight. OH wanted to go to cinema/theatre, and I thought I'd better indulge him as I'm leaving him to his own devices for 3 days (feel a bit guilty!) this seemed the best option as I don't much like the cinema. Warning: I may well arrive in Norecambe 'singing' (out of tune, of course) various, dated ABBA hits!

Right. Some of this sh** is going in this bag! 

Community Champion

All packed, housework done, woo hoo!!!

Train just after 2, was checking times etc and will arrive around 8pm, what????

Oh dreary me, will have plenty time to read my book haha, hope the chippie is still open!

Will text you when am thereSmiley Happy

See you very soonSmiley Happy xx

FLIP - TAT4. Have just been catching up on your recent diagnoses. Will find another posts to communicate to you than this one xxx

Community Champion

I have no idea Katy, any time between 12 and 2 is my best guess.  Depends on what time I set off (early but got to avoid Birmingham at rush hour).  Then there's traffic?  Roadworks?  How many times I stop for a muggatea?  I will try to make it in time to meet JCJ but there's no guarantee.

Can't wait now, slowly getting sorted out.  Another list to write Smiley Happy

Whoo hoo hoo ktc

'I' am getting excited, just reading. Put me out of my mis and please explain what MMU4 means will yers.

JCJ - I didn't see the gymnastics but, I'm sure you could/WILL do better with mentioned ribbons on the prom. I can even SEE you all - a BRILL spectacle!!!! You should have it filmed to enter BGT this/next year. So did you finally get your new tent delivered to Anglesey?? I have to say, I was sooo impressed that you organised a replacement to be delivered whilst away, rather than giving up and going home. That's if it DID arrive. And if it DID - I'm even MORE impressed.

Yawl have a good time now (That's Dolly Parton speak).

Good to see you again Tat4 - hope you're doing well.

Love to all of yers

Dellywoohoo xxxx

Community Champion

Oh The Benchland girls are coming on over the hills...............lalalalala...........

Am almost packed, trampoline, tiara, flashing light shoes, lots of lurex and spandex outfits, glitter and ofcourse the handbag. Whew!!!

delly and tat am reaching Norcombe tomorrow, girls are coming on Tues, woohoo!!

We will keep you updated.

FF, what time do you think you will arrive??

JCJ, will meet you at the stationSmiley Happy!!

See you all soon, soooooooooooooo excited xx

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

T4T, no need to transport benches to Norecambe: the place is FULL of them!! Smiley Very Happy

On the smug bench. Just done 2 weeks worth of ironing. Put some away and left some piled on the bed awaiting decisions about what I'll pack/wear for Norecambe.

Train tickets purchased and collected yesterday. It's getting close! Smiley Happy

I watched the group rhythmic gymnastics last night (final today at 3pm) OMG! 5 girls all prancing about in unison (no, not the trade union!) wielding 6m long ribbons and chucking them - and each other - about. We HAVE to try that on Norecambe prom!! Get in practice for THE wedding next year!?

Dear all, hope the process of transporting all the benches, allligators, glitterberry juice and camels to Norcambe goes smoothly and you all have the most fabulous time at MMU4 Smiley Happy xx

So Girlies,

Sounds like your get-together is very imminent - tomorrow?? Let me know will yers please. What you're up to when you're at Norcombe. Don't hold anything back - those of us who aren't with you want to know ALL the details. Capische xxx 

Community Champion

I've been so firmly affixed to the Olympics bench that Norecambe has crept up on me and I've just realised that I've got two days to get organised.  I need to do washing, sort out what I will be wearing, clean the car interior, wash the car exterior, fill it with petrol, make a list for packing, I love a list.....can't do anything without a list.  And then it helps to take everything home again!  Have started the list tonight and will finish it tomorrow.Smiley Happy

Went to school today, did the water checks and all is ok.  So still on holidays until next Friday when I need to pop in to do the water checks again.  Waved to daughter as we passed in our cars in town. Thought she might call in for a muggatea but she must have been busy.

Community Champion

Much later......................xx

Community Champion

oh my JCJ, on beam with hoop and ball, trampolining at the same time!!! Am sooooooooooo impressed, will def bring trampoline down to station to meet you, no second thoughts will just jump and jump then fly through the air in direction of train:smileyhappy!

No Revcat this year will tell you what's what when I see you.

Have GD for sleepover, we have to go into town, up to Mums and into supermarket, she will be happy, NOT!!

And forecast is torrential rain, woo hoo!!

We can do it................later..............xx