Community Champion

Re: stop feeling guilty, small rant (BENCHLAND)

Prawn cocktail and steak please, might even have a pudding xx 

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

Community Champion

Woo hoo JCJ, ice skates and tiara on, Happy Birthday!!!

Have a superly, duperly good meal, what's on the menu??

Is OH wearing his special pants??

Big hugs flying your way, have a great night xx

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

Chocolate cake, oaty biscuits and lashings of glitterberry juice in the shed, ladies (and any lurking gents?!) Help yourselves. Party frocks on tonight. Alliburger barbecue. Fireworks. Ice skating display. The works. 56 today!! Smiley Very Happy

Got a bit upset earlier, at break time, at school: checked phone: 2 birthday messages - from both B-I-Ls. Realised no sisters left. Smiley Sad HT was lovely though and made sure I was OK before I had to go back into class.

Going out for a meal tonight - just to a local cheap & relaxed pub. Will probably eat out again on Saturday as it's OH's birthday - (my digits reversed!)

Talking of digits - still got my fingers crossed, FF, how did you get on at Docs?x

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

We posted at the same time, KTC! I'm so glad to hear you are feeling better. Headache not got any worse either? HOORAY to feeling better! BOO to the new tabs! Smiley Happy 

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

The demons are thoroughly scared away. I could hear them screaming like a bunch of girls as they disappeared over the horizon. Smiley Happy

I'll keep everything crossed for tomorrow for you, FF. Be brave. Don't be fobbed off. Tell the doc why you are concerned and, if necessary remind him/her that you NEVER normally go to the doctor's!!

If tests are required, I hope you don't have to wait too long for them - or the results!! 

Love the Northumberland coast, Grumpy, but it's a long time since I've been there. My memories are of vast, almost deserted beaches 😁 and less rain than on the West coast, even if it is a little more nipply!  Winter has returned here. Cold wind and blustery showers.

Community Champion

[ Edited ]

Hope you are having a lovely hol grumpySmiley Happy!

Not too long to wait FF, fingers and toes crossed for you. Let us know what happens x

Today I have felt the best ever for months woo hoo!!!! All new tabs stopped.................

Well, we have had two snow showers, brilliant sunshine and gale force winds so am supremely jealous, no coat, NO FEAR haha.

ED off work today, she never stays off so she must feel badSmiley Sad xx

Oops forgot to say well done, fixing computers, well impressedSmiley Happy

Highlighted

I am sooooooo proud of myself, I've had a problem with my internet conection and my laptop was suggesting solutions and I've followed the instructions and fixed it!  Yay!  Go me.....!

Drs. appt. is on Tuesday.  I'll let you know but I really expect to hear the words " because of your history" and to be sent for tests.

Thanks for keeping the demons at bay JCJ.  

Katy - hope your ED is feeling better today.  When is she due home?

Lovely sunny day here today, went out this afternoon to a car boot sale.  No coat needed...... lovely day. Bought some books and a jigsaw puzzle.  That should keep me quiet for a while!

On a campsite on the Northumberland coast, and yes it's a bit nipply!!!!!

Joey has a bandanna squirted with anti stress stuff so he's a lot calmer. Meg is in a huff because she wasn't invited to THAT birthday party......

Thanks for advice 're nails, GRRRRR!!!!!

Grumpy

Community Champion

You have def done the right thing FF, when is your appt?

Yep, hence the head scan...............those words, that's the scary part, you are fine until you hear "because of your history" but then if they didn't check.......

Fingers crossed for everything to be fine asap.

hee hee benefit of the doubt she was cleverSmiley Happy!

ED off on a short trip, she phoned last night feeling dreadful, dizzy flu like symptoms so can't wait to be back home, it's always the same when you plan something.

Blinkin' freezing here again, just put the heating on, sooooooooo cold, hope you're not coming here grumpy unless you have your 40 fleeces xx

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

Something I meant to share with you all, last week, that made me chuckle. Overheard from one of a group of ladies exiting the swimming pool into the changing room: "Ooh! It's a bit nipply in here!" Deliberate, rather clever, play on words or a genuine malapropism?? Smiley Very Happy

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

I'm with you on the 'scared to death' thing, FF. Especially scared of that awful phrase "because of your history..."

You can rest a wee while on the smug bench: you have done the sensible thing and made docs appointment. Try to steer clear of the What If? Bench and the Totally Terrified bench. I expect you are just suffering the after effects of having had the vile cold that seems to have lingered with everyone this winter/spring, but if it's something more serious: the sooner it's found the sooner it can be treated! Fingers crossed it's nothing and you'll soon be feeling yourself again. (Perhaps I should rephrase that?? 😜)

I'll strut around Benchland in my terrifying dotty pants, stripey knee highs and Doc Martin's and scare away the demons to keep them off your shoulders! Hugs. x

[ Edited ]

I have finally given in and made a Drs. appt.  I am not myself,  although the cold has cleared up, other symptoms are not getting better and I think perhaps I've buried my head in the sand for long enough.  So off to the quack. Not seeing my own "12 yr old" GP but an older female partner so think that will be easier.  

I do not become timid, I become scared to death.  I never used to because I was invincible and everything was trivial.  Then I got bc and found out I wasn't invincible but vulnerable and it shook me. Perhaps more than I realised because now I always think the worst thing first ( hence the head burying) and the delay in making the appt..  

School lovely and clean again today, sneaked out a little early.  Don't tell.  There will come a day when I do overtime again.....it's all relative and works out, my concience won't let it do otherwise.

Enjoy your holiday Grumpy.  Where are you going?

Flaky, weak nails, tick. Headaches, possibly migraine, tick. Aches and pains, stiff joints, especially fingers, tick. Tiredness, irritability, weight gain, hot flushes (still!) , tick. Moodiness, lack of patience, oh lord yes, big tick. Calcium tabs with vit D help, as does swearing a lot!!

How much of that is normal menopausal behaviour, and what can I attribute to the Anastrozole? Who knows? And if / when I come off the Anastrozole, what then - do these nasties stop, or do they continue as part of the menopause anyway??

As they say, answers on a postcard please......

Ps . The camels send their love, they've gone in search of a human in a better mood than me apparently Smiley Wink

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

[ Edited ]

My nails were flaking and splitting all the time - (finger nails, that is, not toe nails - they seem to grow like never before!!)

My onc told me to take calcium - I buy mine in with my supermarket shop - own brand - calcium + vitamin D - they're not expensive. They do make a difference because when I ran out 2 weeks before I was due a supermarket shop and I couldn't find any, cheap enough, elsewhere, I noticed my nails breaking much more. Hand cream is supposed to help too, massage it into the nails - I'm not convinced that does any good, but as I have dry hands (and everywhere!! Smiley Sad) I use hand cream fairly regularly anyway. I can't grow my nails more than a few mm beyond the end of my fingers (no pointy talons for me!) but they seem a little less fragile. 

Don't be tempted to strengthen them with nail varnish. Apparently regular use of nail varnish weakens nails and makes them more prone to splitting and/or fungal infections! 

Very jealous of your camping trip. Enjoy! I hope the weather behaves itself and the van is all you hoped it would be! Smiley Happy

Is anyone else having trouble with flaking splitting nails?

Is there any remedy???

Off camping tomorrow....

Grumpy

Community Champion

Aaaah sad news indeed.

Glad your school is better FF, about time!!!

You are having babies JCJ, how exciting!!

Am on the "stupid" bench, how come when I go to the docs I become timid??? Will have to stop it and be stronger if I disagree with what they are saying.................

Always have plenty to say when I leave but not at the time.

Had a new doc who sort of suggested they were tension headaches and to write a diary, grrrr (though too late for grrrrr's now) soooooooooo won't be doing that. Looked up tension headaches and that's not what I'm having will wait until next week and go back again with my "no nonsense" head on, if headaches continue. 

Am not taking the tabs now soooooo will wait and see.

Really feel like a twitSmiley Embarassed xx

I read your post JCJ and thought how awful that she has this ****** disease , then I went on a news site and find that she has died from it.  I'm gutted too, she was one of our finest entertainers. I watched anything that she did on TV and some of her songs............" Let's do it......." are absolute classics and will never be forgotten.

Because things have changed at school it is actually tidier and cleaner this week, I'm delighted, I hope it continues.  So much easier and time to do the things that don't always get done.  

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

Gutted to hear that Victoria Wood is another victim of this b*****d cancer. Smiley Sad

I first saw her in 1980 or 1981 in a school hall in, believe it or not, Morecambe! It was a dance school performance, mainly for the parents of some quite small children, and she was on afterwards. We laughed so much despite the odd venue and the slightly uncomfortable feeling that her material wasn't entirely appropriate for the audience!

On a much happier note: Babs is now feathering her nest - literally! - so we are still hopeful that she will eventually lay eggs and we will have our very own Springwatch. Smiley Happy

Community Champion

Dotty pants to the rescueSmiley Happy!

I don't know JCJ, is it better the devil you know?? There are different kinds, letrozole etc, perhaps you can ask the next time you see someone or phone your BC Nurse, you can tell them your side effects and see what they suggest.

Headaches are still there but in the background so tabs are working, just don't like what they are doing to me, am hoping that there is something else, just don't want to be trying lots of different meds, gets on my nerves, literally!! Also they are making me STARVING, where's that FB bench?

Beautiful day here, was actually warm? Saw a guy walking down the road shirtless, wasn't that hot hahaha!!

Was in fits of laughter at GS today, he has a big purple elephant here with a huge trunk, I was pinging the trunk off his nose and he started laughing like mad, bad nanny xx