Re: ERROR MESSAGE : cooking : HOW TO PREVENT INFECTIONS : READ

Deleted

Hi,

No you're not nosy ;-)

I choose my nicknames by random that's it. I recognise that I posted a lot and that it should seem a little strange. Furthermore oncology is a complicated subject and sometimes the informations I posted were not exactlely accurates and I posted again to correct it.Maybe inernet was a bit addictive to me ;-)

For instance I read in the american society website that we must cook allt the fruits and vegetables if our immune system is weak (apparentlely washing is not enought, what I forgot to mention in my last post)

Here is the URL of the ACS information http://www.cancer.org/Treatment/TreatmentsandSideEffects/PhysicalSideEffects/InfectionsinPeoplewithC...

I wish you a nice week end

Here are the NHS guidlines for food safety when undergoing chemotherapy.it's basic comonsense and hygeine
http://www.buckshealthcare.nhs.uk/Downloads/cancer/CISS%20-58%20Food%20Safety%20for%20people%20havin...
If someone does pick up an infection whilst on chemo then their medical team will tell them what they need to do.
your right we have to ask our medical team so i think it would be a good idea to not be posting incorrect information.Are you affected by breast cancer ?.

Hi,
Your'e right I shoul be careful. For instance I wrote about peeling fruits and vegetables if your immune system is weak.

By the way maybe I made a mistake. ;-)

If your immune system is weak I read we have to cook everything so I am not sure that peeling is useful. I'ts better to ask your medical team.

And generally (if your immune system is weak or not) peeling or not depends on many factors. The skin contains nutriments but can also contain pesticides. So it depends of if the fruits and vegetables contains pesticides or not, the kind of fruit, and so on.

I also read that if we have to peel, the more peels are fine, the less we lose of nutriments.

But anyway I am not a doctor and this is not a medical advise, just an information I read, Ask your medical team before doing anything.
I whish you the best for the future.
For my usernames, sometimes I lost my passwords thats why I used 2 in the sema website

Sylvana

". Furthermore oncology is a complicated subject and sometimes the informations I posted were not exactlely accurates and I posted again to correct it.Maybe inernet was a bit addictive to me ;-"

Having to go back and correct what you have written is not really good is it Smiley Happy. The point I was trying to make is.Although your intentions may be good they are not necessarily doing good.
The thing is we all have a medical team of experts who inform us of the things we should or shouldn't do. And as I said before all cancers are different and all treatment's are different.

melxx

ps I still don't understand why you use alias's to sign your posts.I understand the use of different user names.But the names you use to sign are different from your user name.still seems a bit odd to me.

Thanks Stressy-Messy - you put that so much better than I could. If there was 'like' button on here I would click it.

Hi sylvana,thanks for replying.Was just wondering though if you could clear one thing,why do you use different names when signing a post?Peter,alex,sylvana.just seems a little odd,maybe you could explain.Of course you don't have to if you think i'm being nosey lol.I'm sure you mean well but some of your posts are not giving the correct information and all cancers and treatments are different so what might help some may not help another.

melxx

Thank you for replying Sylvana, I appeciate it.

Hi,

Someone in my family has cancer. I lookes for informations and as I had these info I wanted to share them.

I know I posted in different sites but I just wanted to help. I am sorry if it's too much. I swear it's not spam or advertising (I put no adress or phone numbbers in my post)

Sylvana

Kittie Kat is your middle name Sherlock perchance? :-)

Just followed your links and it seems ladylady has been around for several years on various sites (one of them had a date of joining under the name). It is all very weird, that's for certain sure.

I'll leave it to you and your bloodhound to sniff out more clues!

Oooh, worryingly I've just found a thread where alan23 asks a question about dieticians, and Ladylady answers it! As they both seem to be the same poster as "our" Sylvana, I'd be interested to hear how that happened.

http://www.cancerforums.net/threads/19047-Important-dietician?highlight=ladylady

Curiouser and curiouser.

And duplicates of some of his/her earlier posts are also here...

http://community.breastcancer.org/forum/79/topic/775859

where he/she posts as alain23, but has deleted her thread about how to prevent infections..

http://omgili.com/alain23#

She has also posted, and deleted, the same thread on cancerforums.net, where he/she posts as ladylady.

http://www.cancerforums.net/search.php?searchid=492607

Most odd.

Alas cyber munchaussen's is real, and like Julie I have been 'burned' by engaging with someone who turned out not to have the secondary breast cancer she purported to have. I believe the person I was in contact with is ill, just not the way I had understood. I was left feeling decidedly stupid and guilty that my interest had fuelled her illness. This is why I keep saying, to the point of being very, very, boring, that we are vulnerable - whether we have bc or whether we are supporting people with bc - and why we have to try to be e-aware.

I agree with Elinda that what Sylvana has posted seems pretty innocuous, but given that she replied to Cromercrab's comment, why is she silent now?

I think we all share a sense of unease about this poster, which may or may not be justified. I am encouraged by Moderator Jo's comment that they are watching carefully, and I know they respond as quickly as they can to any reports we make.

I remain convinced there is more good than bad on this forum and in the old words of Nick Ross on Crimewatch 'Don't have nightmares'

Trolls and cybermunchies - I need to learn more about all this!
Julie not at all surprised you feel very hurt by what happened.
I saw about that guy who wrote horrible things on dead people's facebooks on the news.

I suppose it's attention seeking, a desperate need for power, trying to hook people into something and/or sell them something, mental illness or even psychopathology that drives people to do such dreadful things.

Mel - I see where you're coming from. Also odd to be female on one site and male on another.

I believe that Sylvana has posted before on nutrition and the posts seem quite innocuous which is why it didn't worry me. Sylvana perhaps you could respond on this?

Also you don't have to have had breast cancer to post on the forums. However, if there is no close link with someone with breast cancer then I would be worried as to why they signed up to a forum.

Given the bizarre heading of this thread I did wonder whether this was linked to some sort of virus software.

Elinda x

Hmmm, How very strange, I wonder what country (or planet) they are from?

Sue

Hi all,

Just to reassure you all, we are aware of your concerns and keeping a close eye on this.

Kind regards,
Jo, Facilitator

the thing that makes me suspect also is that this person uses different names when signing off a post, on one forum he/she says "have a nice day Alex" and then on another he/she says "have a nice day Peter".I know it's not unusual to have different user names but to sign off using different first names is a bit suspect to me.

melxx

For reference, here is the message from the Macmillan forum posted as Sabina

http://community.macmillan.org.uk/cancer_experiences/cancer_treatments/f/201/p/47594/491224.aspx

Here from cancer research UK posted as Peter

http://cancerchat.cancerresearchuk.org/message/47798

I have no idea what the point of "spamming" a message across all of these sites may be. It might be well intentioned but I would be inclined to be a little wary as it is exactly the same message/title and content posted in multiple places under different names

Trolls and cyber munchies ( munchausens). I had experience with somebody pretending to be dying ( a long time ago on another site).
She had us all sucked in. She was only identified due to inconsistencies in her story by very vigilant moderators.

The desire for attention by such bizarre means is recognised as a mental illness and is becoming more common.

Why would people want to write nasty things on dead peoples Facebook pages ? Why do people pretend they have cures ? Why would that woman pretend she was dying on a Secondary Chat room ?

Who knows? We should be thankful that observant people notice these things.They may be something or may be something. I still feel very hurt and betrayed by the person that sucked me in.
Julie x

I'm glad this whole subject has been raised.
I'm probably being really naive or stupid here but what is the point of being a bogus poster? I can understand if someone tries to sell something or encourage the use of a particular service etc but just to post? Or is that just the start?

Even if someone posts elsewhere with similar things using a different name why would that make them a bogus poster?

I'm guessing if moderators have stepped in on other sites then they know a bit more. I did think the heading on this post was very odd but the message seemed well intentioned.

Can anyone enlighten me because I also feel a bit dim and it's a bit scary.
Elinda x