Re: where have all the lesbians gone???

HI everyone, just popped on to see how everyone is - now you see I'm more kd than Horse, once did security for Horse at NE pride event - terrifying -as she kept jumping off the stage into the audience!!
Any ways, I'm mainly good, back at work 3 days a week, swimming each week, digging the garden, hanging out etc....but living with constant small voice in head about recurrance, lymphodema, etc - thats tricky. Had a whole day in my PJs yesterday so missed the newcastle pride breakfast held at a mate's cafe - shame but the OH flew the flag....just might have to have a word with a "friend" who has been seriously flirting with the OH since my diagnosis - talk about jumping in your grave - the OH describes it as "silly" and tries not to notice bless her - I might be non violently v cross soon -
anyway how were the festivals???
best wishes to you all, Nicola

Community Champion

Have a good weekend everyone and a nice long sleep to all in need of it.
Julie xx

kd and me; we just never clicked. i went one of her gigs and spent most of the time looking round the audience. Now Horse, that was something different.

Someone told me feminism is having a refreshed wave.

Been up since 5 and all steroids finished now so could be time for a really long sleep.

post deleted

Martina was doing a 'meet & greet' at Eastbourne a couple of years ago and I wussed out because I realised all I would manage would be derr,errm and dribble. Can you see a common thread here - and that was without the excuse of chemo brain. btw, I don't even follow tennis Smiley Happy

Is it nearly the weekend?

Dawn xx

Community Champion

Cucumber sarnie, followed by strawberries and cream, such a shame I can no longer watch Martina at Wimbledon!......
Have a good weekend xx

post deleted

Hi all (surely its more than 'both' - there must be more of us)

Two mins ago i was buzzing and thought i'd come upwith a list of 'juicy' stuff we could discuss. Wrong! steroid high has fled, chemo fog has swooped down and walloped me. List now reads: derrr, errm and ?

gotta go for zzzzzzzzzzzz

post deleted

Hi all - I was wondering if i was the only dyke left in the village.

I had my last chemo yesterday so i'm rather phneurgh today but pleased to be saying goodbye to that chapter. 25 Rads to look forward to (!?!) now. If anyone says going to WOMAD festival one week into rads isn't a good idea I'll wallop them (in a relatively non-violent way obviously).

I would be feeling pretty optimistic if i wasn't waiting to see whether mum has bc now - bummer!

xx

Community Champion

hi norberte, and everyone else!

Yes it has been quiet hasn't it - hope everyone is doing ok?

I'm doing well, treatment for bone mets holding things stable with some sign of healing/strengthening in a couple of areas, so quite happy at mo!

My garden likes the rain but I've just got a new awning and would like some sun to test it!!

Love to all, Julie xx

where have all the lesbians gone???

post deleted