Community Champion

Re: where have all the lesbians gone???

Think I'm guilty for the summer disappearing- had an awning installed on my new balcony ans sun not been around much since! Sorry!!
What about Alison Moyet?
Glad rads been ok - enjoy WOMAD!

Hi Lasses.....you know that online action site 38 degrees - we could post a petition on there asking for labbi siffre to be an honourary lesbian...does anyone else qualify -Amy W?
yeh I did fall off my shoes - working too much to be out dancing, and anyway they are my Breast Cancer shoes and I'm trying to move on...but if you insist I can give them a revisit!! This pic is me on hols in Norway
hope Womad brilliant Dawn,
where has the summer gone - its not in NE anyway,
N

post deleted

meant to say - rads ok so far. Only 3 more sleeps before WOMAD hurrah!

I reckon moorcow has fallen off her shoes - that's why she's sitting down. Actually she doesn't talk about the shoe anymore - not when one refers to them as her 'dancing/pulling shoes' as i did earlier Smiley Happy

going for an 'early' night now.

hugs
D x

post deleted

Hello you gals, loving all your song recs - especially your last two N. Keep them coming! 1980s dance music was me - and then of course tracy chapman and elvis costello ....and very wierdly "we are family" which I danced to at my CP party with my OH and gay nephew...ahhhhh!!
Just been down south cuddling the latest edition to the family, brill but so hard to remember not to pick him up and put on left hip, hold for bottle in left arm etc - it just isn't strong enough...
hope the rads episodes still OK Dawn, hope chemo bearable Sue,
just going to introduce a friend of mine to the main website now - shame she had to join it..
best as ever Nicola

post deleted

Poo! just lost my message so will have to redo now.

Gloria and Because the night were played at every women's disco i went to for a number of years so I reckon Patti Smith is definitely allowed. Did every dyke wear large collarless shirts at that time or was that just in Yorkshire?

I vaguely remember Holly Near altho as I cant remember any of her music I'm not picking her for the desert island dykes discs.

Currently I like Grace Petrie's stuff - check her out

Norberte is your imagination better than your memory of lyrics? Smiley Happy

hugs all
D x

post deleted

Hi Norberte, yes I am on the June chemo thread, the comment I made was referring to another LGBT thread. Of course I have nothing against mingling with hetties, some of my best friends etc..

Can I have melissa etheridge and amy ray? And patti smith, OK she's not really gay but come on..(showing my age I guess!)

Dawn thanks, am doing OK, would accept more support if it was offered but mostly people seem to want to meet for lunch which is costing me a fortune! Must learn to say 'please come round and cook it for me'. x

post deleted

Hi all
I've had 2 radiotherapy blasts now. I need to somehow frame them as interludes or I'm going to be wishing my life away and the next thing you know I'll be back at work (and yes it will be a phased return but i'm not sure quite how long a phase they will buy).

Nicola, thanks to you i was ruminating on how one would play a singing & dancing wardrobe whilst being pinged by beams. I decide mirrors would work really well as part of the costume. I see you have a sensible avatar now - put your dancing/pulling shoes away hmm?

I bought Alex Parks first album (did she even release a second one?).I'm sure i had some Sweet Honey in the Rock music but it was so long ago that it was on cassette.

Hi Sue - I had 6 fec as well and finished 4 weeks ago. Be kind to yourself and accept support if the tiredness gets to you. before you know it you'll feel like an old hand at it and can wield advice to newbies willynilly!

hugs all
Dawn

post deleted

Hi Sue, good to meet you and best of luck with the FEC. I did 6 FEC-T last spring/summer - in fact finished about 11 months ago. I got a couple of really good caps from suburban turban - altho not cheap, very stylish and I'm not a wig kind of a girl so just good for the chilly days when your head needs comfort/cover. Be good to yourself. Best thing my GP said to me when I was first diagnosed was -this will take a year to deal with - I couldn't belive it even tho I knew I had to have an op or two, chemo and then rads - but you know what- she was right for that range of treatments - I was fine by month 8/9/10 etc but just not my true self until now..
best nicola

I sat atop the teachers' bus at London Pride. It was the day my hair decided to start coming out! Agree with you about the politics Norberte, but I thought it was great that the Union contingents led the London procession, a step forward methinks.

Oh and hello! Tried posting on another thread but it seems to be full of hetties, nice to have support and all but nice to meet you too. In recovery from 2nd round of 6 FEC.

Sue x

Hi again,
got a tricky interview to do for work so thought I'd distract myself with popping on here!
lovely to be in touch N
s2s - my brain is fried too, I ran a group yesterday ( conflict resolution in the workplace), we put some "new habits" up on a flipchart which I promised to type up - and then promptly left on the wall in the venue, luckily I know the venue well, but hey, where is that brain...
re your rads - I think rads need as much attention and support as chemo for different reasons - my experience was that it was just very mentally draining and slowing physically tiring - the mentally draining bit being having to lie half naked on a bed everyday for ten mins - I'm pretty much an extrovert but it was still tricky, so don't let anyone tell you its a walk in the park; also it takes up so much of each day for so many days....hope you can find a way of dealing with it - I sang in my head (not allowed to really sing as it moved me around too much!!) The worst was when a cheryl cole song came on the radio which had been a song in the last LGBT panto (I had been in the panto as a singing wardrobe !) and the cole song was our last , everyone on stage, dance number ....SOOOO hard to keep still that day.
all the best from a very wet newcastle, N

post deleted

Some of the lesbians have been up very late. This one went to bed but couldn't get to sleep so she has got up again before she wakes up OH.

nicola - give me the name of that "friend" and I'll sort her out with a non-violent slap aka sarcasm and pointing. I'm very impressed that you are at work 3 days a week. I'm going to have to go back to work at the end of August and the thought of it gives me the eeby-jeebies as i've lost the plot.I read my work emails and don't retain any of the info.

pride here is later but I'll probably make an appearance if only for old times and to meet friends.

Norberte - doncha know there's a recession on - three is just greedy; kd, horse or lea.

I'm getting a bit iffy about the my radiotherapy which starts on Wednesday. i know its supposed to be a 'walk in the park' compared to chemo but still .....

post deleted