Highlighted

Re: hair dye

I also had docetaxel and used the cold cap.  I put a permanent dye on my hair (It was a gentle one with no parbens etc in) 8 weeks after my last chemo and my hair has been fine. Before that about 2 weeks after chemo I used semi permenant hair dyes which TBH didnt have much effect and were a bit of a waste of money.   I used  the spray on hair colour all the way through chemo to cover grey hairs and bald patches so I just continued to use this untill I got to the 8 week mark.

Jennie

Community Champion

At least u can see the end of the chemo in sight now and the dreaded cold cap. At least u have kept your dignity and have hair ...don't worry about the badger grey bits for the minute ..Just enjoy hair !
I am only on letrozole and getting a lot of loose hair so only washing it once a week ! Highlights are a thing of the past ...boo hoo so look like an old bag lady at moment.
Hugs xxx

Hi butterfly.their rationale is chemo strong chemicals so dont mix with hair colorant chemicals...chemo today went as well as it could.going to bed soon.tired but not tired because of steroids..take care Sharon.x

Hi Carolyn.yes had chemo no5 today.one more to go then scan..dont know much more after that..oncologist mentioned vinolberine or a hormone.but was very vague so cross that bridge when we get there..hope you are doing well.love Sharon.x still got hair bought some brown mousse might use it when go out ....x
Community Champion

Hiya Sharon . Hope the chemo went ok. Is it your last one ?
Hope u got good advice too on hair colouring. It would b a shame to loose it after going thru the cold cap.
Hugs xxxx

Scratch  

Hope the Chemo goes OK.  Thinking of you.  Butterfly x

Yes I will ask them..last two days havnt felt very well maybe sickness bug.got no 5chemo tomorrow.I'm dreading it..when feel better will ask rationale.thanks to all who replied.sharon.x

Scratch 

Who has said you can't colour it.  Maybe they can give you a rationale..x   Butterfly.

Community Champion

Phew .. I lost mine in 2004 with FEC but the chemo you are having is quite a strong one and as you are using the cold cap you might avoid some hair loss but it might thin  ..My opinion only .........better to have  grey hair than none at all !!! 

hugs xxxx

Hi Sharon,
I've not yet had any direct experience of this myself but you could try asking this organisation for advice:

http://cancerhaircare.co.uk/

Best wishes,

Tournesol x

hair dye

Hi I have lost my hair years ago on epirubicin..two years ago I had capecitabine and had no hair loss so carried on with cuts and colouring at hairdressers...now I'm on docetaxol .i am using ice cap and havnt had hardly any hair loss.i dont know why I cant colour it it seems in fairly good condition..not the biggest problem in my life but was just musing..any one got any answers..Sharon x