Re: Twelve years on!

Hi Blondie I was wondering how you are doing - sue
bel

Hi  Everyone,  

CanIi just say a very big thank you to everyone who posts on this sight, I find it the best medicine . I had primary in 2009. , all fine until 6 months ago , now bone mets ? lung ,  gettin on ok , then last week / liver mets    Devastated , been under the duvet all weekend , I know  I will surface , but finding your experiences  giving me more hope than the clininal teams.  Onc keeps saying all very small volume and all very slow growing  xx

keep well ,  hugs to all x

I have just been diagnosed with liver, bone and lung mets are four years clear. Tomorrow is my forth chemo. I have been told at my first scan that the lung is now clear and it's all working . Any advise, tips or suggestions?

It's been a tough start but I remain positive and I have great support but only those that going through this really understand .

Thank you Blondie

I am 5 yrs on from an initial diagnosis of primary with mets to bones. 

Yes there are days I feel frozen with fear especially between the scans and going for results, it's like a game of Russian roulette and I know you folks understand that !

but then there are the days that I hold my grandchildren and am so grateful I've been given this time when I've lost friends that didn't get the chance to feel this. 

Onwards and stable! 

Magda! 

SP0

Always good to hear the update Blondie. I'm 3 years, 9 months from dx with secondaries in liver & lungs and currently NED for the second time after treatments.

Thank you, you have given me great hope,and inspiration. Xxx

Always good to hear such positive stories. I had breast cancer in 2011 and diagnosed with secondary in the spine in 2015 - going through a difficult time at present and need to be more positive.

Whoops I posted on your eleven years instead of your 12 years!! I get so easily confused lol

Red

Hi Blondie. This is my first time here and I am so inspired by your story. I have just been diagnosed with bone Mets and was feeling pretty devastated until I read about you. You have given me hope.

Dear Blondie,

So glad to hear you are well.  Thank you for posting that is really kind of you to give us all such hope.  If you wouldn't mind me asking a few questions if you are around.  First of all do you have any hormonal treatments?   Secondly, I don't know if I dreamt this but are you being treated at Colchester hospital?  I thought I read in an old post that you were.  I apologise if you don't want to disclose this.  I am treated there and after the initial shock of my diagnosis in May 2013.  I think that the treatment I receive is absolutely excellent.  I have bone Mets and am on herceptin and perjeta or pertusamab plus tamoxifen.  I go to the Mary Barron suite every 3 weeks for this for h and p. The staff on there are amazing.  

Wishing you another great year.

Best wishes to you all!  

Sue Xxxx

Thanks for coming back to me blondie. Consultant doesn't want to scan me often once a year unless he thinks otherwise.Think he would of left it longer if i wasn't going for reconstruction this year. I also very rarely see the consultant although when I do he is lovely and he has a great nurse practitioner. Thanks again its good to know that its not unusual to leave scans for a while in some cases.

[ Edited ]
My place/Sandra
The waiting is awful. You will feel so much better (relative term!!!) when you feel something is being done and you are moving forward. All the best in your treatment and I will be thinking of you.
Blondie

[ Edited ]
Elliedog - re Scan frequency
Probably one a year but I have to ask and they agree, but just to give me peace of mind rather than because they think I need it. I am seeing the consultant (again hardly ever see consultant either) in a months time and will ask for a scan .

Hi Blondie

Welll Done, hope I doo as well.  I have just this week been diagnosed with Secondary in the lung and am waiting for treatment to start.

Sandra

Thank you Blondie for posting that gives us all hope
Kaye xxxx

Blondie ,you go girl xxxxx thank you for keeping us informed xxxx here's to another 12 years xxxx

Hi Blondie. Hope you don't mind me asking but how often are you scanned given that you are now 12 years down the road. X

Thank you Blondie for taking the time to post. I've been hoping you would post your good news on this site.You were one of the first posts I read over two years ago when I was dx double whammy (liver) and when I read that post I started to believe that I wasn't going anywhere soon. Thanks again. See you next year xxx