Re: Five years since diagnosis of liver mets

Hi Julia,

Welcome to the BCC discussion forums where I am sure you will find support from users travelling a similar path to yourself.  Here at BCC each Tuesday evening we run a 'live chat' session which is dedicated to those with a secondary diagnosis.  The session is hosted by a nurse and a facilitator so there's always someone to talk to.  I've put the link for you below to have a look at if you'd like to join in, you'll be made most welcome by the regular users who are a wonderful support to one another.

http://www.breastcancercare.org.uk/community/chat

Take care,

Jo, Moderator

Hi Celia
I am new to forum. Congrats on your five year survival. I was diagnosed a year ago exactly the same as you at stage 4 with liver and bone mets being given a 2-9 year prognosis by the onc. Of course, having reached the year marker, with possibly a year left - (yes, I was having a bad day!) - your email really helped me. Many thanks.
Juliax

Thank u so much for your reply. Iv been doing really well of late just try to divert my mind into positive things and it seems to be working for me. I had a ct scan the other day and although after 2 sessions of chemo it hasn't improved it has not worsened and they said the cancer is stable. I pleased with that outcome at the moment. Its so heartening to hear ur story. Good luck and thank you. X

Hi Crafty T, just to let you know I was diagnosed with lung and liver mets at the outset (too numerous to count, largest in liver 10cms) one year ago. I had nights where I couldn't sleep for shaking with worry about my family. After chemotherapy my liver is clear and I am being monitored by blood tests. This time next year you will have been through treatment and will have come out the other side with a new zest for life, appreciating your family and have a good prognosis so chin up. I know it's hard but every time a worry comes into your mind simply start to list in your head ten things you are grateful for at that moment and the bad feelings will pass. Good luck to you and your son for the future.

Hi Celiab, thanks for posting. I was diagnosed with lung and liver mets at outset one year ago. It's lovely to hear your great news. Thank you so much for sharing. Katherine

This is just what I need to read just now.  What an inspiration!  I was recently diagnosed with bone and liver mets and I'm scared stiff.  I have an 8 year o;d boy and my biggest fear is not to be here as he grows up.  This story gives me hope.  I start my chemo for the second time this Wednesday.

CraftyT

Just what i needed to read, a routine scan at the beginning of January showed up a 1.5 cm area on my liver, 'consistent with metastasis', am having a biopsy tomorrow. My original diagnosis was 2 years ago and i made some great friends through this forum. I have been beside myself with worry and fear waiting for tests and formal diagnosis. It is so good to know there is hope, i feel more positive after reading this than i have since i had the news, thanks again x

Hello celiab
Thankyou for sharing such a possitive post . I was diagnosed nov 2013 b/c . Jan 2014 secondaries to liver and bone Also . It has been a very scary few months as you say ! I have just started treatment . Tamoxifen, monthly zoladex / zometa . Great to read stories like yours . Just what us newly diagnosed need . X

That's fantastic, am upping my training in the gym starting next week! Xx

Thanks Sheila, hope the tax .does the job for you xx take care Gen xx

Fantastic xx keep it up . Gen x

Thanks for posting all the good news everyone. I was dx Feb 2013 with small liver met been through docetaxal perjeta herceptin last scans were clear. Continue on perjeta herceptin and tamoxifen, feel well.x

Thanks to you too quality street. Hope you continue to do well for a very very long time!. Sheila. X

Hi Celia, thanks so much for your post. Am currently on taxotere for liver and lung Mets. Also have Mets to spine. Your news has helped me a lot. Take care. Sheila. X

you'll be catching up with Blondie soon x

jolly pleased to be able to share. would have really appreciated knowing what was possible when I was first diagnosed. Still have great quality of life too :-)

So glad that other peoples good news are helping you feel more positive. The onc. advised me on Wednesday that they will now just use blood tests and how well I am feeling to monitor situation. Have they advised more chemo?  I was given 3 choices but went for tablet form and showed improvement immedietly. Wishing you all the luck ine world and hope you will be posting on the inspiring news thread very sooooon xxx Gen

Hello , your posts are just what I needed to read today, just joined the forum today, I was diagnosed with liver mets this Tuesday and these posts have given me a well needed lift xx

Thanx for sharing that Celia, am in same position as you, liver and bones. Liver diagnosed a year ago and latest scan showed up completely clear! It's lovely to hear that you have managed this for 5 years. It gives hope to others xx hugs from Gen xxx

Five years since diagnosis of liver mets

Hello

Just to say that a couple of weeks ago it was 5 years since I was diagnosed straight at stage 4 with spread to liver and bones. Have had mets in liver and bone ever since but they wax and wane and I change treatments as they alter. Just wanted to share because I think that often a diagnosis of liver mets/organ involvement can be scary.

Celia