cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

probably a really stupid question....10yrs of tamoxifen, now what....

2 REPLIES 2

Re: probably a really stupid question....10yrs of tamoxifen, now what....

i also have been on tamoxofen just under a year and havent reached menapousal age but its something i think about in future 

Community Champion

Re: probably a really stupid question....10yrs of tamoxifen, now what....

Feel for you! Like having a crutch removed? I’ve got secondaries and sometimes need a little rest from my meds and the mind does run a little wild wondering what’s going on in there. I have had some wonderful support on my journey, and I am able to accept that if I can’t fix a problem it’s useless worrying about it. I do think a little bit of support might be helpful as you prepare yourself for a world without tamoxifen. Perhaps there’s a Maggies Centre near you, or Macmillan who could give you some reassurance as you enter this wonderful meds free era. Very best wishes. X

Highlighted

probably a really stupid question....10yrs of tamoxifen, now what....

I am due to finish my 10yrs of tamoxifen next month and never realised we can have issues stopping it/having withdrawal......anybody been completely fine?? I was 43 at diagnosis, so now obv 53, and post menopausal since june 2016...feels odd and scarey to be not taking anything to help prevent it......