cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Progesterone, assorted other hormones and fluffy cake

Community Champion

Re: Progesterone, assorted other hormones and fluffy cake

Oh yes - real big girls pants are def needed too.
Community Champion

They will prob leave you in gown for first day - they will want to be able to check wound easily - you will be sore and swollen so would suggest a nightie after that as you won't want elastic or buttons around your stomach -also easier to use a bedpan - oh the glamour !!! You will need baggy legging type pants for a while after too .

Lovely Lady H, sorry you have to go through this now but glad they are looking out for you and getting you seen quickly. I would recommend a nightie, pjs just another thing to faff with. Soft jogging bottoms and definitely some real big girl pants need to go on that list, just to be comfortable. I’m so glad I had a hysterectomy looking back but know it was all so uncertain at the time. Loads of love xxx
Community Champion

Jill

thanks for the heads up on that one, will make sure I get some.

Now one thing I am not sure about, I have not had an op for many many years requiring an overnight stay.  I have some pyjamas which are cropped and the sleeves on the top are short, will they be ok for this type of op or should I get a nightie?

xxx

Community Champion

Make sure you take some peppermint teabags and some Windeze into hospital - they pump you full of gas and it can be quite uncomfortable for a couple of days because of the trapped wind ☹️
Community Champion

Sue

Dont feel either at the moment my friend. Need to just give myself time to process it all and get my head round it.

xxx

Community Champion

Jill

Unfortunately I will not be able to have key hole as there is not enough cervix to enable it to be done that way, so I will hopefully be having bikini line, will know more when I go back on 5 July.  I will hopefully only be in hospital for 2/3 days.

xx

Community Champion

Oh Helena what a pain in the **** !! At least you should be able to have it keyhole - the ladies on my ward who had it done that way were out of hospital the next day and walking round very quickly afterwards .
Community Champion

Aahhh Helena, so sorry that you have to go through this. Good for you for putting a positive slant on it all. You are a very brave and inspirational lady. Sending hugs
Sue xx
Community Champion

Fluffies

Basically the lining of my womb is a lot thicker than it should be for a lady of my age, so they want to remove my womb.  I am going to be having the op in the next 6/8 weeks. 

Scared to say the least, but having had a bit of time to process it, I know that this is the best thing as it takes away all the risk, and on a positive slant, it means that I will be able to stay on tamoxifen as I will have no womb to worry about, which means that dont have to worry about my osteoporosis if I had to go on any other hormone blocker.

xxx

Helena we had a fab time with little Macsen he's a total joy ❤️
I'll be ok , it's just part of the new me I'll have to get used to xxx
Community Champion

Clair

Oh flipping heck, lets hope she can sort something out for you tomorrow.

Hope you had a lovely weekend with Macsen xxx

Well I spoke to soon I was a little achy yesterday and now have discovered a lot of fluid all round my chest and underarm area! I'm really uncomfortable so will be spending tomorrow getting in touch with the lymphedema nurse 🙁
I thought things were going to well .....
Community Champion

Evening fluffies

Well the end of my birthday week and I am shattered. I am not used to going out so much in a week.

The guys from work took me out last night, spoiled me rotten but also well and truely got me as they arranged for a cake to be brought to the table with all the waiting staff singing happy birthday to me.  I was talking away and heard someone singing it but thought it was for someone else so you can imagine when I looked up and saw them round me, I was moritified.

It is a birthday I will treasure for all the wonderful memories, cards and presents I have had, totally and absolutely spoiled.

xxxx

Community Champion

Clair

that is really good to hear, although it is a shame it has taken for other people to be hurt as well for a plan to be put in place.

As Ruby says, you come first always xxx

😊hello fluffies everywhere and happy weekend to you all 😘
Lee how are you getting on? I've been thinking of you xxxx
Love that pic and thank you I always love a good hug 🤗
There is a plan in place at work as I'm not the only one to get hurt this week so fingers crossed. I was worried about a lymphedema flare up but everything is still ok at the moment and that has made me feel like things have definitely moved on.
So I plan to end the week like I started it totally relaxing and enjoying spending time with my family and friends xxxxx

Lesley, kudos to you for getting through the yoga. I liked the tai chi, and will go again, although even then found some moves too tricky, wot with me back and now left knee going to pieces, & forget anything on one leg! Grr. Cat Tonguexxx

Oh Clair, 

See the source imageit's horrible for you to go through this and not have the security of knowing that you will always be safe. I know how much you love your job, but your safety is paramount. Hope today is a better day, and what a lovely weekend to look forward to with lots of Macsen hugs. Cat Very Happyxxx

Community Champion

Clair

Oh mate I am so sorry that has happened to you, how are you feeling today, hopefully it is much better my friend xx

OUch Clair, not good, you’ll probably  be on edge on the time now, I know I would be worried it will happen again.

Really enjoyed my yoga session, taught by a stunning French ladybut it’s her last class until end of September as shes due to give birth anyday so new teacher until then from next week. Oh boy, did I feel my age though.  I used to be so supple as was shocked to find out how much core strength I’ve lost, though have to say I was still a lot “bendier” than some of the younger ladies there.  However, balance has never been my strong point and now forget it. This standing on one leg, even with my hip leaning on a table, no chance.  AND despie the curry lunch no wind problem.

Still lovely weather here so no excuse not to get outside and tackle the weeds xx

Hello fluffies everywhere 😘
The garden birds look fabulous Helena what a lovely gift. I'm so glad you had a wonderful birthday 🎉
So after turning a great corner I got badly hurt at work by a little one yesterday it was on my bad side and arm 🙁 it all happened so quickly I couldn't get out of the way and spent the evening in tears I love my job and I'm sure this little one is just going through a bad phase it just set me back a little bit. Today was a bit better so by the weekend I'll be fine and we're off to spend fathers day with Macsen so grandad will be happy
Hope you've all had a good day love and hugs xxxxxx

Love your birdies Helena, very posh and a lovely present.

Love that yoga pic Lesley - too close to the truth for me & defo not after curry!  My old bones can't take yoga or pilates now, but am trying a tai chi beginners class tonight. Will see if I can manage that.  Good health and hugs to all fluffies (& honorary other-half fluffies) everywhere. Cat Tonguexxx

See the source image

Community Champion

ann

They are from the National Trust xx  Tell you what they dont half spin when the wind blows as it has been this evening here xxx

Community Champion

Lesley

Oh that is so funny xxx  Can relate to that as I have been for a curry tonight, god help the service manager who has to sit by me tomorrow xx

Community Champion

Love the balancing birds Dizzy & Helena & what a thoughtful present. I want one!
I know what you mean about the yoga Lesley 😁, enjoy your lunch!
Love to all all
ann 💖

Lesley, our very own balancing bird! Love the statues and also that you’ve had a fab birthday Helena xxx

Think of me tomorrow evening after a curry lunch

D90A82AF-14CE-458E-8F04-F77B551383EA.jpeg

Helena and Dizzy, the birds are beautiful and the right way up, or certainly look that way to me after a glass of vino.  What a lovely and thoughtful gift xx 

Community Champion

Dawn

OMG that is amazing, Rob my boss was a Shugborough yesterday and he saw them, he knows how much I love my garden and got it xxx

Sorry pic is still upside down but I just turned my laptop the other way round to see it Smiley Happy Smiley Happy xx

Oops, an epic fail, I'll give up on trying to post pictures!

Helena

I have the same balancing birds in my garden, my sister bought them for me for Christmas. I hope this picture posts the right way up, it is upside down and I can't persuade it to change. So here goes....(have I said IT isn't my strong point...?)15289054051041357536172.jpg

Community Champion

Lesley

I had a wonderful day, and was well spoiled.  It carried on today as I had more pressies from Colin, slippers (I always get them for my birthday and xmas) and a beautiful Cross pen.  Apparently there is something else that I have to pick up from the post office tomorrow as they tried to deliver it today.

I had this from my colleagues at work, was absolutely gobsmacked and burst into tears

Birds.JPG

I had been saying that I was looking for a sculpture for my garden xx

So glad you enjoyed your birthday Lady H, sounds like you were as spoiled as you deserve to be.  You share a birthday with my niece.

Tomorrow I’m out for a curry lunch with a friend then in the evrning I’m starting a yoga class with another friend, pity the poor person behind me!  Expect Ruby could come up with an appropriate pic for that.  Many years ago, over 32 as it was before I was married the same  friend and I used to do an aerobics class and she used to be in hysterics as I was always moving in the wrong direction and causing chaos but not even realising it as I was so intent.  Let’s hope I’ve improved, I certainly won’t be leaping about l8ke I was in those days.

Hope you’re all enjoying the lovely weather we’ve still got.  Had a 20 minute shower yesterday evening and that was it.  The only downside is now I’m the house gardener is the flipping watering that needs doing xx

Community Champion

Jo

Oh thank you so much for your lovely wishes.  Hope you had a fabulous holiday.

Yes I have had a lovely day, relaxed in the garden with coffee and biscuits with an old friend, I had sooo

many pressies and cards it was amazing plus a birthday cake which is something I have not had for many years

xxxx

Community Champion

A very happy birthday to you Helena! Sorry it's late in the day but have just arrived back in the country.

Hope you have had a wonderful day Xx 

Community Champion

Alibobs

Thank you so much for your lovely wishes.  Have had the day off so enjoying the relax, sunshine and just had a celebratory sausage sandwich, gosh I live on the edge Smiley Happy Smiley Happy Smiley Happy xxx

Just jumping on here to wish the lovely Helena an absolutely wonderful 60th birthday! You truly are an awesome special lady and I hope you are celebrating to the max!!! 🎉🎉💖💖🎂🎂🥂🥂 xxx

And you deserve every single one of them for being the fabulous person that you are!Cat Very Happyxxx

Community Champion

Ruby

Thank you, I do not think I have ever had as many cards both actual and virtual, feeling very blessed xxx

Community Champion

Fluffies

I just had to share this with you, a very dear friend and fellow bowler actually made this for me xx Now if I could cross stitch like that I would be very pleased.

Chris Card.JPG

xxxx

Community Champion

Clair

Thank you so much my gorgeous friend.  I am so very lucky to have you all in my life xxx

Happy Happy Birthday Helena, lots & lots of love,Cat Very Happyxxx

See the source image

Happy birthday Helena, hope you have a lovely day

Happy birthday Helena, hope you’re doing s9mething nice today, maybe chucking some balls about followed by a vino or three? Xx

Community Champion

Janey

Thank you so much for your lovely birthday wishes xxx

Community Champion

Jill

Thank you so much mate xxx

Community Champion

ann

thank you so much for your lovely wishes. 

A very special day today for me xxxx

Community Champion

Charys

OMG that is awesome, trouble every time I blow the candles out they keep lighting, getting old and running out of puff.

Thank you so much

xxxx

Community Champion

Candles.gif

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LADY HELENA X

Community Champion

💐🎂 H a p p y B I r t h d a y H e l e n a
Have a lovely day 🎉🍾
ann 💖