cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Progesterone, assorted other hormones and fluffy cake

Re: Progesterone, assorted other hormones and fluffy cake

Ann, there have been times when I think 20 would be very nice! We've had to have all the doors and windows open till really late at night because it's been so hot. I hate moths, so it's a toss up between closing up and cooking or putting the lamps on so I can read but bringing the moths in. And it's hot work carrying watering cans at the allotment in the evenings, oh for a hosepipe!

We went to the Subtropical Gardens at Abbotsbury yesterday, it was lovely and shady.

Community Champion

Thanks Helena, even our new neighbours commented on the wind today! The sun’s strong, but is still around 20c here 😎 xxx
Community Champion

ann

Hope the weather is a lot warmer for you today xxx

Community Champion

ann

blowing some of our hot weather towards you but I dont think I have enough puff xxx

Community Champion

Thanks Dizzy, the OH is getting on fine, hobbling about the house & garden & doing his physio exercises & yes, it does take a bit of time, but the knee is already functioning better than when it has flared up in the past.

Do have lovely break in the Scilly Isles, we've never been & would love to.

Well, our cormer of east Kent was cool & grey this morning, cleared in the afternoon, now there's a northerly wind - so temp has only got to about 20c or so. By going about 30 miles west or south, it's glorious - not fair!!!

ann xxx ⛅️ 😎

Community Champion

Dizzy

Oh how lovely, that is somewhere I have always fancied going to but it didnt happen, would love the fact that there are very few cars. 

xx

We're going back to the Scillies, which is where we went for our honeymoon, we go back every few years as it's really sweet and old fashioned. There are very few cars, visitors can hire golf buggies, but really you can walk everywhere, and get boat trips onto the other islands. 

After watching The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society, I think Guernsey might be next on our list, our plan is to visit most of the islands round Britain, health permitting. 

Ann, how is your husband doing, knee replacements are meant to be quite a long recovery period I think?

Community Champion

Dizzy

Good luck for Monday and whey hey holibobs time, where are you off to?

xxx

Goodness, I thought the hot weather was everywhere. We have had a cool breeze though, so it's really nice in the shade, I can't stay out long in full sun though.

I'm the next one on the list for the mammogram, it should have been in June but I had to cancel and it was almost a  month before there was a slot, so they're obviously busy. But it's Monday, then we're off on holiday on Tuesday.

Community Champion

Good evening lovely fluffies,
Well, I’ve got into the football now & it’s certainly getting interesting...! ⚽️
We’ve not had much of a heat wave here, thanks to the North Sea - cloud & cool winds. I even had some drops of rain on my car windscreen today so do hope you’re all ok with it where you are 😎
Love to you all
ann 💖
Community Champion

rosie

Sorry to disappoint but I dont watch tennis either, cant stand the game.  Afraid it is bowls which I play, cricket and rugby for me xx

Aha - a partner in crime - I am fed up with the football too.

Roll on Wimbledon!

xxx

Community Champion

Morning all

Hope everyone is enjoying the sunshine.

I am sitting on the patio with a cuppa admiring my handiwork asthe fence and gate are now completed.  I have also pruned a very unruly bush in the garden as well, so now going to spend the rest of the day doing nothing, and that also means not watching any fipping football.

Have a lovely day whatever you are doing my lovely fluffies.

Lee not heard from you in a while, hope everything is ok.

Beth same with you, sending you hugs

Helena xxx

Community Champion

rosie

Thanks for that xxx

Community Champion

Jak

Hiya, lovely to hear from you.  Yep bit of a pain but hopefully when it is sorted that will be it for me for a very long time I hope xx  I am giong to try to be a very good girl and to that end I am getting everything done that I was planning to do over the summer, done now.

Did you manage to sort out about ESA.

Helena xxxx

Hugs to you Clair and hubbie,  why oh why are they so flipping laid back when it’s skmething really serious to do with their own health?  When it’s us they expect us to go and get it sorted pdq but themselves, oh no, different matter not realising g how much extra stress it causes us.  Now they now about the heart problem hopefully they’ll keep on top of things.

Ann,  not sure how long my gardening enthusiasm  will last, probably not thst long, it is hard work though have to say it is very rewarding seeing the things I planted flourishing, I’m a dab hand with secatuers  (probably a bit too enthusiastic) but not so keen on weeding xx

Hi Helena,

haven't been on here for a while trying to move on. Needed to post about ESA and saw your news. I hope it all goes well for you and sorry you have to have another operation. I had my womb removed when I was 39 (24 years ago)  - it was fine you just need to rest for as long as your told and yes something for trapped wind is definately on the list!

xx Jak

Helena - when I had my ovaries out last October, they provided the sanitary towels. In fact it took me two or three hours post op to even realise that my lovely hospital paper pants were no longer there! I put it down to post-anaesthetic brain .....

xxx

Community Champion

Oh goodness Clair, you both could certainly do without that, hugs & best wishes to you both x
Thanks Helena, he’s fine, home tomorrow
ann 💖
Community Champion

ann

Oh crikey you are going to be busy, hopefully he is recovering well xxx

Community Champion

Clair

Sending you and hubby lots of love and hugs xxxx

Evening fluffies everywhere 😘
Helena there is some great advice on here for you and it's funny how many of us have had gyne problems before and after diagnosis? I'm sure we'll all keep you busy with lots of news and funny pics from our lovely Rubycat xxxx
It's been a funny old week we spent 5 hours in the emergency department last night and it's quite a story ....
hubby went to the dr because his ankle was swollen he's on 4 lots of high blood pressure tablets and had stopped one of them a few weeks ago anyway he didn't feel well and wanted to get checked out while he was there explaining how he felt they said he needed to go straight to hospital as they thought he was having a heart attack!!! They offered him an ambulance and he said no then came home cool as you like and told me. I was in the middle of doing tea so flew into panic and turned everything off and flapped about he was still calm ! Anyway it turns out he has a large heart and has been suffering with muscle spasms due to stress no heart attack this time ( his work is stressful and all the other stuff we go through ) he has to go to the rapid response unit and have more tests done in the next 2 weeks he's fine now I'm shattered, I was very scared that I'd lose him 😉
I'm really feeling ok today and coping much better with life and all it brings so I know I've turned a huge corner. Xxxxx
Have a lovely weekend whatever your doing and I'm thinking a lot about our friends we haven't heard from in a while sending you all special love and hugs xxxxxx
Community Champion

Good evening lovely fluffies
Do hope you're feeling ok about it all, Helena & you certainly seem to be well organised already x

Anyway, the hubster has just had a knee replacement & is due home tomorrow on crutches. I wish I could feel as enthusiastic about the garden as you Lesley, as now it’s all down to me. He’s already got me a list of jobs to do 🙄!
Love to you all
ann 💖

Lady H, it was so many years ago I had mine, I think they gave me towels for the first couple of days when I had a very light bleed then, nothing, EVER again.  My cut was bikini line, right from side to side but so neat and it’s completely faded now, can’t see it all.  However, I did have a woman surgeon and had mentioned to her I was concerned about the scar, she told me not to worry I’d hardly notice it and she was right, once it healed and swelling and redness gone i5 was a very faint white line, and as I say it’s virtually disappeared over the years.

Turned up for second yoga session last night and the replacement teacher covering the beautiful French lady’s maternity leave didn’t bring mats (original teacher assured us mats provided) no way was I going to get down on a hard wooden floor.  My friend was most annoyed and told her so.  She told use to come next week and she wouldn’t charge us.  Will give her a try and if she’s ok I’ll bu6 my own mat but I’ve a feeling I’m not going to like her as much so will probably wait until September when the other comes back.

Yes, think I have got the gardening bug, not so keen on the weedingthough xx

Community Champion

Chris

Oh thank you so very much for that, I am putting together a shopping list at the moment, got leggings, jogging bottoms, nightie (that is going to be interesting!!), dressing gown and the consequent toiletries.

I love that no matter what, you can come on here and there is always someone who will be able to helpand support borne out of experience, even if it is not directly related to our bc diagnosis, it has been a godsend over the past two years having all the wonderful ladies on here.

One thing I am thinking about is do I need to get sanitary towels to take in?  It is amazing the things you think about.  I am sure when I go back on 2 July I will no doubt be given a big list of do's and dont's etc.

I am arranging for a local man who does my hedges to cut the lawn every week as that is something which will get to me.  We have assisted collection for the bins as my partner has MS.  I have a wonderful network of friends who are already getting a rota together so that I am not tempted to do anything.  It is all the little things that you take for granted that you do, which will be out of the question for several weeks.

I am really hoping it will be bikini line rather than the big one, hopefully because it is only my womb that they are removing I might get away with that, but knowing my luck.

Right off to get some creosote for the fences Smiley Happy

Helena

Ladybowler I had my operation just on 20 years ago actually a couple of weeks before my 40th birthday can't believe I am almost on my 60th and having operations again all be it higher up the body. Just wanted to say nice big knickers elastic waisted joggers and peppermint tea bags fizzy water should be on your shopping list. I was back at work commuting on a weekly basis from Liverpool to London within 6 weeks. Bikini line surgery and apart from the initial discomfort I actually had very little pain. Baby steps as far as house work and garden but you will be back in the swing of things before you know it Best wishes Chris x

Lesley

Oh yes, you're definitely a gardener now, wanting things done your way is a dead giveaway. There's something very therapeutic about pottering round with the secateurs making it all look nice, it's good for stress. Better than grinding your teeth if himself is being frustrating...

Community Champion

Lesley

OH YES I know we would get you hooked on the gardening bug Smiley Happy Smiley Happy It is very addictive, I need to spend a good bit in teh garden in the next few weeks to get everything in order so that I dont sit and fret.  Going to get our man to cut our lawns every two weeks so that I am not tempted to try myself.

Good suggestion about the walking, I can go round the block, although both side are quite steep, I can start by just walking a little bit and back and then work myself up over the weeks to getting to the top of the slope.

xxx 

Yes, probably best to lay off the chocs or you’ll put on weight due to laying around.  Having said that, I actually lost weight after my hysterectomy and during recovery.  I did quite a bit of walking after the first week, just round the block to start with and increasing a bit each day, all on the flat though as even the slightest incline pulled.  It really helped my recovery.  

Himself is doing really well  (hope I’m not tempting fate saying so). He’s still in a fair bit of pain but it’s tolerable and he’s not taking any painkillers at all now.  He even did a little bit in the garden in Sunday, just a bit of trimming.  I got quite narked as I’m getting possessive over the garden.  He went out lunctime for a couple of hours today as it was an old friends birthday and I spent the time snipping away with secateurs and gave a few shrubs a short back and sides.  He won’t be happy when he notices but I’m in charge now.  Never thought I’d actually  enjoy it but it is very therapeutic xx

Community Champion

Lesley

It should be within the next 6 weeks so sometime earlyish August, hopefully the weather will be good as I need to have some compensation for the loss of bowls and being off work.

Looking for a good cross stitch project that I can take on for the six weeks I will be out of action so to speak.  Will pass on the chocs and in time will be able to have some wine in the evenings

How is hubby doing xxx

Oh Lady H, so sorry as know how much your bowls mean to you, plus no gardening.  You’ll just have to put your feet up, make sure you have a good stock of books and tapestry and piles of chocs and vino of course to hand.  Hopefully it will be soon and you’ll be able to recuperate in the sunshine xx

Community Champion

Lesley

Oh thank you xx  Unfortunately I am unable to have keyhole as there is not enough cervix for them to do it so my consultant is planning to do a bikin line, I will be off work 6/8 weeks apparently.

It has really knackered up my bowls season as I have had to give all my games because I will not be able to make the finals weekend if I was to get that far, but there is always next year xxx

Just popped in to say a quick hello and learned that lovely Lafy H is to have a hysterectomy.  Guess another op is the last thing you need at the moment H, but personally for me it was a blessing when I had mine.  Having said that, I was in my mid 30’s so got over it quickly and enjoyed the break from work.  Back in those days (dark ages) I was cut right across, so recovery time was about 12 weeks, these days they usually do keyhole surgery.  So sorry you’ve got to go through more surgery after everything youve been through, just hope it’s soon so you can spend your recovery time resting in the sun.

Clair, hope your feeling better after your incident at work.  It must be awful having a job you love but at the same time worrying because it’s putting you at risk.  Hoping lympthadema clinic have given you an appointment or at least advice xx

Community Champion

ann

thank you my dear, I am sure over the next few days I will get my head around it xx

Community Champion

Although you could do without it, Helena at least it will be properly sorted out & one less thing to worry about once it’s all over.
Sending hugs
ann 💖💐
Community Champion

Alibobs

Thank you so much my dear.  Fortunately got time to get things in place and I will behave myself so that I can give myself the best opportunity to recover as quickly as possible xxx

So sorry to hear this lovely Helena. I'm sure it is all for the best and once it's over and done with you will feel like new Woman!!! You are so kind hearted and supportive I hope you will be well looked after by your friends and family. You need to take it easy afterwards Helena. We will all be with you as ever!!😘😘💖💖💖
Community Champion

Ruby

Oh thank you so much, very much needed tonight xxx

Community Champion

Jo

Thank you for your lovely words, I know it is the right thing to do but I just need to get my head around having another op with all the anxiety that comes with it, its not as if I need my womb and it does not bother me in that way, I am sure I will be better in a few days.

T o make you laugh, and honestly I would if I was in a better frame of mind, I managed to puncture the fleixible watering hose I was using on the front garden as I pulled it through the hall, yep you got it, I flooded the hall, spent ages mopping it all up.  Then i have just spent 15 minutes trying to find my car keys whcih were in my handbag all the time!!!!  I am playing in a league bowls match tomorrow, I hope I can find my bowls and work out which way to bowl them Smiley HappySmiley Happy

xxx

Helena, sending you lots and lots of ginormous hugs.Cat Happyxxx

See the source image

Community Champion

Ah Helena not quite the news you were hoping for but it's better gone before it causes any more issues my lovely, easy for me to say but the ladies here who have been through it will be able to reassure you that it's all doable 😊 Xx 

Community Champion

Clair

thank you my friend, must admit they are usually the ones I buy xx

Community Champion

Jill

These vouchers are ones I got for signing up for an M&S card, I will leave the others for when I am over it all and treat myself xxx

Helena sending you much love and hugs and we're all be here for you all the way ❤️
Definitely M&S Knicks, the most comfy ones I've ever owned 😁 Xxxxxx
Community Champion

Hope you have some of your birthday vouchers left for something a bit more exciting too !
Community Champion

Got a pack of 7 Smiley Happy

Community Champion

M and S big knickers are the way to go -😁
Community Champion

Jill

You have read my mind, I have been on M&S looking for exactly what you have just advised me to get, thank you so much mate, didnt expect to be spending my M&S vouchers on something like these but hey ho needs must Smiley Happy Smiley Happy

You are a star

xx

Community Champion

Just stretchy around the belly and high fit not necessarily bigger size e.g. M and S full briefs and joggers or leggings that can be adjusted or v eleastic .Also good for a bit of support as well as more comfortable .
Community Champion

What like a size bigger than you actually are?  Does that apply to the joggers as well