Re: Progesterone, assorted other hormones and fluffy cake

Thanks Ann and it’s a yes from me to “Killing Eve” as well. My rational head is winning tonight! X
Community Champion

Lovely to bear from you, Janey & Dizzy.
Sorry you’ve got that anxiety hanging over you Janey & inevitably we leap to the ‘what ifs,’ but it’s being checked out, hopefully all’s well & there’s a more straightforward reason for it.
The Bodyguard will certainly be a distraction, we’re also watching ‘Killing Eve’ on iplayer - another good distraction!!!
There’s so much good stuff on at the mo.
Love to all
ann 💖

What I didn’t add was that I share your thoughts exactly Dizzy, even when quiet here, you are all there understanding everything xx

Evening flowers 💐 So sorry to hear you’re going through it still Lesley. You must be due a replacement nurse Ratchett outfit by now! Helena I hope you’re resting up ready for d day mark 2. Do think of you all even when off line. Have been busy throwing myself into work, garden and getting a bit fitter but brought up short the last few weeks, with symptoms causing GP (and definitely me!) some concern, so once again scrolling through threads on here! Bad gastric problems and now booked in for liver function bloods on Tuesday and 2 week referral for investigations. My hope is it’s simething “simple” like an ulcer, but can’t stop scrolling through liver mets threads 😩and hoping one of my primaries has not decided to misbehave! Thankfully I have surgical follow up tomorrow, so will share concerns there as well. In the meantime I’m making the most of visiting family time and trying not to get too excited about Bodyguard Finale later, which will be a great distraction. Sending hugs to all xx

I meant to say Happy Cancerversary Helena, I thought two years felt like a bit of a milestone, its not the recent past any more. I have to think now to remember which year it was. Funny how when you're in the middle of it, you can't imagine what afterwards will be like, but we all get there, piece by piece.

I'm so grateful for this forum, and everyone on here, I couldn't have done without you!

Community Champion

Hi Lesley,

Sorry to hear about your husband, it sounds like you're getting you money's worth out of the nhs at the mo, although of course, it's not where you both want to be.  Do hope it settles down soon.

ann x

So sorry op cancelled Lady H, really hoping you feel better soon and get the op over and done with and on the road to recovery pdq.

Yes, lots to thank our wonderful NHS for.  The past few weeks I’m starting to feel like the hospital is home.  Himself is in and out like a yo-yo.  Yesterday dash in an ambulance with him for the fourth time this year, might as well leave one parked in our drive.  Got him home now and nurse Ratchet has her uniform on yet again.

waiting for our lovely gardener to come and cut the grass and would you believe it, now we finally actually have some  to cut it’s started raining so she’ll ptobably have to cancel, plus it’s windy and chilly, think it’s time for heating to go on.  

Wishing you all a lovely weekend xx

Perhaps a little celebration then.... or even a big one !!!! Xx
Community Champion

Cant believe that 2 years tomorrow I was diagnosed wtih bc, so much has happened in that time I can not believe where the time has gone, but I am still here and very grateful to the wonderful medical teams at the QE Birmingham for everything they have done for me  xxx

Community Champion

Wombat Woo

Thank you xx  Feeling a little better this evening as I have slept a lot today which has helped after all the stress of yesterday

helena xxx

Hope the antibiotics are kicking in lady B x
Community Champion

Op cancelled because my temperature high and oxygen levels not sufficient to undergo surgery.  I am off to the docs tomorrow to check if I need antibiotics as I have had a call this afternoon to say rebooked for 9 October and I so want to make sure that I am totally well for then.

xxx

What rotten luck Lady H, fingers crossed they will go ahead with op or at least give you another date not too far away, it’s been a long wait for you without further delay.  Will be thinking of you.  Thank you for kind words, hopefully things will get better soon xx

Community Champion

Lesley

Oh mate sorry to hear that you have been struggling and I really hope that things are starting to get better, sending you loads of hugs.

Thank you darling for your wise words, I am hoping I am going to still be able to have my op on Tuesday as I have come down with a stinking cold and sore throat.  Going to ring the hospital tomorrow to see what they say, it could only happen to me Smiley Sad Smiley Sad xx

Hi all,

I haven’t posted for ages as things have been very difficult,  but I have been popping in to keep a beady eye on you.  It’s been very quiet on here, just hoping it’s because everyone is busying moving on from the BC nightmare and enjoying life.

Just wanted to wish you good luck with the op Lady H and to remind you to take things easy after.  Let people round around after you if they offer, they will be glad of a chance to help as you would be, so enjoy the leisure time, do your tapestry, get some good books and DVDs in and the garden will take care of itself xx

Alibobs, have a lovely holiday! 

Helena, good luck today.

Community Champion

Just come back from a lovely evening out with my work friends. 

Again Karen has really spoiled me with a hysterectomy survival kit of a hobby lap cushion that has a light on and a holder for your drink, 3 novels and a colouring book with pens.  One of my other friends bought me some beautiful body shop lotion and hand cream.

xxx

Community Champion

Alibobs

Oh how lovely have a wonderful week, I should be home and resting by the time you get back.  Honestly I have reaslied tonight that I really need to be sensible about how long I am off for.  My boss has made me set my out of office until 26 November and he is not expecting me back before then xx

Good luck with Bowls match and batch cooking Helena! Make sure you get a bit of pre op rest in as well! Will be thinking of you next week and in your pocket too. Thinking of all of you, even when we are so quiet. Back from camping in the Lakes and full on back to grind 😩. With you all on Bodyguard and very happy to see No Offence back! Must be Autumn, with better TV but sadly less daylight for the garden. Much love xx

Hi Helena good to hear from you!! I'm fine thank you. Back at work on phased return and also going away to zakynthos for a week tomorrow. Yippee can't wait!! I do hope your op goes well. Pleasr make sure you take enough rest after and recuperate well!! Good luck with the bowling match. I hope you thrash them!!!💪👍 take care now. Xxx